Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JUNE 2021

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:53 am

June 2021

JUNE 2021 June10
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 11:04 am

Happy Birthday, RICK!!!

JUNE 2021 Birthd10
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 2:18 pm

Happy June!!! Happy Birthday RICKSTER, hope you're well.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 4:20 pm

Happy Birthday, Rick! Hope you have a great day.

I went for the first jet ski ride of the season. It was a good one. I just cruised around the lakes to see what's new. There are several big new houses. Some that have been torn down are rebuilt new, and some that have had major remodels.
Property values around here have really gone way up.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 6:06 am

Happy June everyone.

Happy Birthday Rick...

ELLEN: House prices have soared here in PA. The house down around the bend from us sold in just 3 days for $600,000. OMG It was on the market for $695,000. Granted it is a beautiful house, probably about 5 years old, but it's build on swamp land and has 2 sump pumps running all day everyday. Probably has maybe one acre of ground.

Say a prayer for me, I'm off this morning to take two Viet Nam Vets to the VA Hospital in Wilkes Barre this morning for their eye appointments. Should be a fun drive up and back with the guys telling me how to drive. LOL
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:21 am

Two old men who can't see telling a woman how to drive... There's got to be a punch line in there somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:42 am

Trudy and Indy had me laughing. hysterical
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 3:42 pm

Too funny TRUDY................you're a good woman..............

Have fun.......... ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 6:43 am

We did survive the trip home and I got a gold star from George for my wonderful driving ability.  SHOCKER....I am the queen I did offer to stop and let one of them drive a couple of times.  LOL  Nothing like 2 guys who couldn't see trying to tell me how to drive.  ROFL Glad that trip is over for another year.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 12:11 pm

TRUDY:
Whew! Glad to see you survived!! cheers

Going to rain here today, all afternoon. We need some hay making weather to get our upper field done. flower

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 8:19 pm

I was just looking up The Belmont..............Only 8 entered. The excitement is gone this year.
I don't know what to think of Baffort........what a mess.

It got hot here today..........the morning was great, the PM hot, sunny, windy. As you all know
it's fire season so the winds are dangerous.......not here but throughout the state.

Nothing new. Ice cream tonight..........

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 11:34 pm

I swapped a few texts with my Lexington friend this afternoon, asking if Baffert is a crook or being picked on by others who are jealous of his success. She says he's a crook and has been doing stuff for years, but never been set down for it. She thinks it's high time he got his comeuppance.
I was a little surprised by her answer since I know that she knows him.

Today was a beautiful day. After having a long lunch with a friend, I was planning to mow the yard, but the little kids were having a ball playing in the water and I didn't want to mow with them so close. A couple of years or so ago, the across-the-street neighbor was mowing and his tractor fired a rock across to my house and made a hole in my siding and even into the sheathing beneath. Mowing will wait until tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 11:50 pm

The rain went around us this afternoon. We went to get sawdust at the lumber yard and watched lightning storms nearby, but never ran into it. It may rain overnight, but it won't be much. Tomorrow Donnie is going to mow the upper field. I hope the weather men don't change their minds about this coming weekend!

Too bad about Baffort. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire, and he has been smoking off and on for awhile.

ELLEN:
Lawnmowers can be so dangerous. My mother had a rock hit her shin while mowing once and made an egg sized lump. I hadn't thought about that in years....
Last month a local lady was mowing with riding mower on a hillside, fell off and ran over her foot. They had to amputate it, it was so badly mangled. Poor thing.....
My problem with riding lawn mowers is that I never duck enough while going under a tree branch and have permanent lumps on my skull. Donnie finally cut the branch off.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 8:58 am

I've been looking forward to today's event for a year.  My neighbors and I are going to see Jeff Foxworthy at the Bluegate Theater in Shipshewana.  We were supposed to go last August, but everything got cancelled then.  Jeff is one of my favorites.  While we are there, we will enjoy a Bluegate meal.  Very Happy

Hours later: It was a great show. It was Jeff's first live performance in 14 months. He was so happy to be back doing what he loves to do. We all laughed all the way through it.
He is so very funny, but clean. There is nothing in his show that you wouldn't want a child to hear.
Then, we went to the large ballroom for a Bluegate buffet dinner. Everything was delicious. It was all very well organized and efficient, and we all had a really wonderful Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 9:53 pm

So good to hear ELLEN........I'm sure you had a great time.

The helicopter pad site and helicopter might go to court.......rumors have it that several close by HOA's
don't want it either. I wrote a very nice letter to the city planner expressing my hopes for denial
of the building permit.

Otherwise, the day has been great.........lots of short visits.

God bless and everyone have a good evening.

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:54 am

ELLEN, glad to hear you enjoyed the Jeff Foxworthy show. You can't possibly go wrong with a Blue Gate dinner, buffet or menu. It really is all about the pie though, what kind did you have?

I took the kiddos to the Potawatomi Zoo in South Bend Friday night. It was a perfect night for it. It's not a huge zoo, but it's nice. It is celebrating 100 year this year. We saw the rhino right after it wallowed in it's mud pit. The kids thought he smelled stinky. LOL. I think I had more fun than they did. They are getting giraffes this fall so we'll go back to see them when they get here. After the zoo we had to play at the park by the zoo for a while. I love watching kids play. They don't care about a person's color. They just start chatting up whoever they are standing next to. I was helping my nephew on the little zip line swing for his turn and the next thing I knew I was helping just about all of the littles on because once they saw help they swarmed the ride. Too funny. We were all wore out by the time we got home.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Indy, instead of a piece of pie, I had a second piece of fried chicken. Drool The others in the group had cream pie, lemon pie, and apple pie. Everything the Bluegate serves is delicious. It was a buffet, and everything was nice and hot.
I am a big fan of good fried chicken. One of the guys asked me which of two places I like best. Whichever one is on the plate in front of me. hysterical

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 6:49 am

GRAYMARE:  Don't ya just love it when people move into the country neighborhood and try to change it into city life?  Our city neighbors have sold their house after it was like living in the old west for them out here in country.  Good grief we are 10 miles from town, not exactly the old west.  They tried to get street lights installed along the road, because it's just too dark and quiet out here.  Praying you can block the helicopter pad from being built in your "neighborhood".

ELLEN: We love Jeff too, he is so funny and such a "redneck", he would fit right into our Wild West neighborhood. Glad you had a wonderful time and good food to chow down on after the show.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:32 pm

Trudy, I've decided that city people are afraid of the dark. My neighbor across the street has bright lights on each side of the end of his driveway, on each side of his garage doors, and a light by his front door. He was a Chicago cop for 25 years and worked 2nd shift, and continues to live on that schedule. They never get here until around midnight. At that point, ALL those lights are turned on and will remain on for the entire time they are here. Compared with the rest of us, you could see those lights from space.
I turn off all my lights at night; I like it dark.
I also find it rather amusing that city people will move out of the city to "get away from everything" and then bring all their city ideas with them. If they like the city, stay there. Don't move to the country and try to change it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 11:44 pm

I like darkness, too. Helicopter man lives 4 houses down..............he has LED lights all around his house.......
swimming pool (huge), yard, driveway, garages (2), one of pasture............if you look closely,
you can probably see them. LOL

We had friends for lunch today................We all had too much to eat

Az is getting very hot now in the afternoons and we have 4 fires going around the state.........
fortunately, not near me. They are on national news.

That's it folks............
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 7:42 am

Well here is how my morning went. Tried to trap one of the feral cats to get her spayed, touched the trap and it fell down and scared her. away she went. reset trap... put in chicken...success... trapped a cat...NOT her or any of the cats I wanted to trap but that's OK...Tried to move the trap to the truck and the cat flipped out threw itself against the gate and it flew OPEN and away went the freaking cat. Not going to be able to trap that cat again. I canceled the SPCA appointment. So frustrated...can't believe we have to have an appointment time to drop them off to be fixed. They are feral cats...just trapping them is a real trick, let alone having a set time to drop them off. No wonder people drive to the country and throw out their unwanted cats.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Feral cats do multiply at a high rate. They can go from one to MANY in a very short time. Good luck on getting them trapped.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 6:19 pm

I agree. Ferral cats are a mess and they're smart................and vicious. So, be careful TRUDY.

Get this...............helicopter man doesn't even have a pilot's license. I'm not kidding. Oh, man,
what a bust. The meeting gave that away. So, for now, I'm not going to worry.

The neighbors are so happy for now.

People never cease to amaze me................
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 12:07 am

Howdy friends! It has been sooo long.
I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. We are coming out of our 3rd wave here in Ontario hopefully. The first vaccinations are coming along slowly and we are looking forward to second vaccinations in late summer or early fall for many people. School in Ontario is continuing online much to the chagrin of many.
My music partner and I were contacted yesterday to ask us if we could do a Canada Day celebration on July 1, behind a plexiglass barrier, and safely distanced from everyone. So things are starting to open up a bit.
How are you in your areas?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 12:31 am

Hi Nancy! It's always good to see you here. I'm so glad to hear that you are still doing music event.
Here in Indiana, everything is opened up. Businesses can choose what they want to do about masks. Most have abandoned them.
Our local school was open for the whole school year, from last August until about two weeks ago - the normal end of year.
Everybody who wants to be vaccinated, can be. Vaccine is readily available.
Distancing is mostly done. On Saturday, the theater where we saw Jeff Foxworthy was full. People had purchased tickets more than a year ago and weren't going to miss it. They were there from all the surrounding states.
I hope Canada can get back to normal life soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JUNE 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 Empty

Back to top Go down

JUNE 2021
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next