Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September 2012

Go down 
+8
TWHRider
Indyapp
Ol'Man
sunny 57
Ellen E
Manygatess
Rick Angell
Ark
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
cb

September 2012 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Graymare, i know what you mean! I am hoping this move will be my xmas present and we can start spending more time with the horses also....I go for short rides on Cinnamon around here, but with the other horses whinnying to her she can get a bit antsy which I don't like being out by myself, and hubby wouldn't appreciate the fact if I got hurt either....I never tell him I took her out...but I do trust her, she never throws a fit, but will jig a bit wanting to go back to her pasture mate as she can hear him for several miles...then she settles down and we have a nice ride...but far too short....so I'm hoping xmas comes for me down there where we have each other to ride with once again, and the kids and the grands and the saddle club folks too. It will be a big change in our lives all the way around.

Indy, good luck on the scracth tickets! I love my lil Kia...hubbys' Cavalier takes over 40 bucks, my Kia takes just over 30 to fill up...and they go the same distance on a tank...so I do love my lil economy car, stick shift and all. Hubby got my AC fixed also..yesssss! I will appreciate that on the trip down ....and so will my doggies. Harry will pull the 4 horse with Jasper, Stormy, Muley, and Lady in it, and have four puppy dogs, in the truck with him in back seat. I'll have my Kia with the small ice chest, Buffy and the other little dogs. Next trip down, will be Rocky, Tank, and Cinnamon, Bubba and the male doxies, Bo and Beans. They will be kenneled in the living quarters of the 3 horse slant load trailer on nice heavy tarp as they are males and LOVE to lift those legs...ifn ya know what I mean! monkey and I will have the cavalier with Splotch in the back seat.

Then, hubby will bring the bus back nd drive the BEAST down with the 4 horse behind loaded with tools and leftover hay. And THEN we will be all in one place...Finally! Gonna be a crazy month.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Just know you're in our prayers, CB.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:06 pm

thanks, we'll need prayers and good HUMS...I just want the moving over with! Hubby will be home on the 30th and we'll start getting things loaded that will be going on the first trip...and be outta here....its NOW upon us! here we go! Smile Cool whats the temps in arizon been/that was our hottest spot on the trip last time. We have an arena with pens in Benson AZ to spend the night at...that is about halfway. We'll give the horses and us a break.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Indyapp
That is exactly what I thought about NCIS, too. Suicide by cop was too easy. I was relieved about all the regulars coming back. Did you notice that the actor playing Jimmy Palmer is now on the main credits? I like him, lol.

CB
Yikes! What a lot of traveling! I hope it goes easily.

Graymare
It is great to have you home! I bet Faith will be happy, too.
The Dr said I could ride, just not hit the ground. I am on blood thinners and he says a hard thump could cause internal bleeding. He also suggested I stay off of ladders and not slip on ice or hit my head on an open cabinet door. My only hope for survival is to wrap myself in bubbie wrap. I will be cautious, but I am not giving up riding. I waited most of my life for my horses.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow and I can't decide if I should give Kazi a bath today and try to keep her clean until Saturday or just risk the rain and do it tomorrow. She is going to a book signing for the book she is featured in as a charactor. It would be nice if she looked clean.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 pm

how fun that will be ARK and Kazi.a star! and yes be careful...but we can't always prevent accidents from happening...so YOU be really careful while on those bloodthinners....how long will you need to be on them? Maybe you'll only have to curtail for a short time....it may be worth it to be careful...and then when you arn off of 'em...giver 'er ell,!

I missed NCIS..was driving home...drat...its a good show, it just flows...and the characters act like a family.

The tater trucks are running every five minnutes..the dust is terrible....HACK Hack!!!
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Hello again from Ontario..bright and sunny with fluffy clouds with a few gray ones moving in but it is a nice even temp, who can ask for anything better ??
I do feel that I have accomplished a lot this week anyway.
I now know what is going on with the trip to Tn as it was up in the air for a couple of weeks, did not know whether to go or stay home, then it was a go, then was well maybe not but now all is settled and I am going. So i had some phone calls to make for vets, feed, places to stay, call border to see what I am allowed to bring across the border for people and dog food. Geeesh that changes daily it seems but I am ok wiotht he present rules
Hope everyone is feeling good and on the way to recovery for those that have been on the sick list. Clara, good luck on the big drives ahead of you it will be tense for a few days.
Have a good day all
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 pm

so when are you heading this way TWH the weather is staying nice in the mid to upper 80;s some showers but very scatterd all in all nice, have a great time in Tn. and try to get some pics if possible.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi gang....I didn't go get Faith today................going early A M tomorrow............

Hope everyone had a great day.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Eileen, you have a fun and safe trip to TN and enjoy the riding. Where do you go exactly? A park or private place? Just curious for when/if we get to travel with the horses some later.

Graymare, anticipationnnnn....have fun with Faith!

OK, I know this is TMI, but does anyone have a home remedy for hemmeroids? I've never had them before in my life...and NOW when I need to drve 1700 miles one way...OUCH...any ideas will be welcome! I have used over the counter stuff and what the doc had had lidocaine in it and I can't use it....ACK....help help help help! OK, now that you've all quit snickering and laughing behind your hands, come up with some good info for me! This trip has to go on....can't wait....ACK double ACK! affraid
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Clara, I am out in the rurals of Napes in a private home. Rent it from an old Boy friend...pays to stay friends with the X's lol
There is a State park not that far away from me with a wranglers camp.
Dawn, not sure when I will leave for Fl yet...got to get back home from Tn first then sit and look at the calender to see when I want to leave on next trip.
The county mounties frown on folks just squatting and camping when ever and where ever. I guess if they did not keep an eye on things, everybody would be doing it in the winter anyway.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Anybody home? Faith is....................and I'm VERY happy. For now she is out munching, head stuck in the grass. She's a bit chubby, but muscled..............she's not nearly as fat as I expected. She did well all summer and hasn't missed a beat.

She still has a mane and tale so I will shampoo them tomorrow. Her body is slick as silk and shiny as a copper penny..............

Woooooooooooohoooooooo.

God bless. Prayers foe ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Graymare, sounds like some mane and tale work, and your grooming job will be done. Smile

I spent a fun afternoon that reminded me of times about 50 years ago. There was a Shrine charity horse show being held in a super nice arena, sort of a natural amphitheather. The arena was built at the bottom of a nicely sloped hill. At the top of the hill was a row of trees where people could park to overlook the arena. Some sat in their cars, and others brought lawn chairs.
There was another grassy area for the hunters, all low easy fences in all classes. The "BIG" fences were 2'9".
This was the kind of show that was so popular when I was a kid. If you have a horse, and it has 4 sound legs, you're in. Breed doesn't matter. Anybody could enter any class as long as the age of horse and/or rider met the rules for that class. They could enter as many classes as they liked. There was one Arab/half Arab class, and one AQHA class, but all the others were open classes.
As in many of those shows, there were one or two who were more experienced, and several more that were less predictable. The largest class of the afternoon had 8 riders. A few had "show clothes" and lots of others were wearing jeans, boots, and a hat.
It was simply a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 pm

One rather funny addition... As I was ready to start the car to leave, the people who had been sitting in lawn chairs in front of my car got up to go also. The wife was already headed to the car passing along the passenger door of my car. Because it had been such a nice weather day, and so pleasant to just be there, as he passed by my driver's side open window, I commented to the husband that it was a really nice way to spend the afternoon.
"If you say so," he sort of grumbled.
I added, "Ohhh, you aren't the horse lover; she is."
He sort of smiled and replied not at all angrily, though truthfully, "It was a wasted afternoon."
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Ellen were you at Columbia City? I've shown there and it really is a nice place. It's been a long time but the last time I was there I was showing Spirit in a Hunter in Hand class at an appaloosa breed show. I will probably remember this show forever. I rarely showed at the breed shows because of the cost. But I splurged on this one. We were doing so well. In case you don't know Hunter in Hand there is a triangle pattern you have to do. If I remember this right, you walk the first leg of the triangle, trot the second leg of the triangle and then an extended trot the third leg. I rounded the second leg headed into the third leg and about half way down the leg I tripped and fell. As I was going down I shouted out "Oh SHIT" in reflex. Spirit trots on by me as I am falling and hits the end of the reins and turns around and looks at me and I swear she asks, "what are you doing down THERE?" One of the judges calls out (it was a multiple judged show, either two or three) Are You OK. If there was ever a time I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me it was then. Since it didn't, I responded that I was fine, got up and finished the pattern. I figured I was disqualified. I ended up getting 2nd place. I've always wondered if I would have won the class if my size 10s wouldn't have gotten tangled up in the footing.

I thought the hay guy was going to bring me my final load of hay this evening, but he hasn't shown up yet and the horses are locked in the barn. I guess he's not coming soI'll go let them out then run to Wally World and buy a new shower curtain. Whoops, I'm wrong, he just showed up. Gotta Run.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:51 pm

CB
No suggestions from me but to sit on a donut shaped cushion......

Graymare
Is it cool enough to ride yet? Glad Faith is home!

Ellen
Sounds like a very fun horse show! I like that kind, too. The setting really sounds pretty.

Indyapp
Soooo embarrassing and very funny, LOL.

Eileen
You are one busy lady! We need some pix of your trips!

We took Kazi to the book signing today. She stayed nice and clean overnight and got lots of complements for being so pretty. Her photo is in the book and she is one of the horse charactors. There were three other horses there, too. The book signing was held at Smithfield Plantation, a 230 year old estate. Kazi behaved herself nicely.

I rode Ivan for a few minutes this evening. He likes those short rides! We only have two weeks until the Actha ride.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Indy, yes, it was at Columbia City. I had to work in Ft. Wayne today, and the show was only a mile out of my way as I came home. I've known about that show for years and years but just never went to it. It's really a nice show ground.
There was a horse who was named Spirit and did some winning.
It was a nice show. Tomorrow is dressage. If I thought Barbara was going with one of hers I'd ride over there on the scooter to water.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Very Happy

Virginia and I have been having a couple oz of bedtime wine ---whoopee at our age. She always gets out
some (gotta use a wine glass!!!!)

Rolling Eyes

Anyway--she said for me to be sure and re-thank Ellen for the goblet that fits my dainty hand. I do look suave"yish"!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Thank you Ellen
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 am

Gene and Virginia, you're welcome.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Eileen, is that TN you are talking about or FL? I was wondering where in TN you go?

Well, I'm in a deep funk here, the Dodge is in the garage for repairs...don't know how much it will cost, but depending, we may have to wait to go to Texas...and we've already signed sales agreement on this place and we need to scat from here....so we are really screwed...OUCH!....a dark delemma...
Hubby is home and sleeping away! Don't know how he can sleep! When he gets up, we will start packing tho, as we need to be out of here....

San angelo got over 8 inches of rain...40% of their annual rainfall for the year in the last two days! jessi said the property is good...a bit muddy, but not flooded. Some of the streets are closed and the river overflowed its banks!

And Anchorage Alask already got snow...ol man winter is rearing his head already...even for Alaska its early to have snow expecially in Anchorage! Usually Fairbanks gets snow way before they do! Is this an indication of whats to come?

Deep funky day here....but I'll get busy and work thru it!

Gene, that sounds like a good idea, only give me more than 2 oz....today I think I could use a whole bottle! LOL...you two stay healthy! and enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:39 pm

CB..sorry, I guess I misread your question lol nothing new there huh.
In Tn I go to Waynesboro every fall. It is hilly, lots of little water crossings, falls, mostly shale type of rock and old logging roads, although in the past 5 or 6 years they have opened up the logging again so the trails are destroyed in some areas, but we manage to ride around or through. NO parks though, mostly land owned by the logging comopanies, with some private property surrounding which is sometimes leased out for the campground to ride through. That of course changes annually. Some riders as in any activity club forget how to use "borrowed" land and cut through crops, through bottles etc where ever they want, so in return the land owner stops the allowance...which I do not blame them one bit. I just wish that these dipwads that trash every one else property would stay home and live in their own garbabe. It sickens me to see some of the trash that is left behind by hikers, riders, atvers, etc etc...everyone suffers because of them...ok..I am done with the soap box now., have a good day all
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:47 pm

I agree with that! take it back out with you! I will leave food from my lunch or fruit for the birds and small animals...but never paper stuff or bottles, that all goes back into the saddle bags...my kids are really good about that too, they'll get off and pick up someones bottle or can and carry it out. My car sure shows I don't throw my trash out either! I always have to clean it out before I go somewhere...cuz I don't want the baggers who carry my stuff out to see my trashy car! LOL....after a trip, ya need a scoop shovel! altho I was really good on the trip down and back to Tx...I used the trash cans where we got gas at! Hay strings are another battle for me...I have to remember to pick them up and put them where they belong..I have a big box of them...but we use them for everything around here! so we save them. But I hate to see strings laying all over! My horses beat old strings up out of the ground and I have to take a knife and cut the pieces showing...they can cause a horse to trip and fall...they are strong strings! I'm careful to not throw a string into the pens with the hay...I've seen horses come into the clinic that were choking on them...and the techs are the ones that go fishing for the clump cuz us girls have smaller hands!...but its very rewarding to save a choking horse. It's been getting harder for me to keep up with everything I admit...old age...but that is one thing I do pay attention to.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Let's see if this goes as it's Oct. 1st

Anyhow, great morning with Faith and good exercise..she's excellent medicine.

CB prayers for your move.................

Everyone have a great day.

God bless. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm a little concerned. Ark hasn't changed to a new thread yet. Maybe it's just because she doesn't have a computer until Donnie gets home.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm

We can just keep going here until ARK gets to changing the thread......she does have computer probs.

I have been working outside and it got too hot. I still have some barn chairs to hose off but the rest is coming together...............ah, and Faith is chewing and chewing.

CB, give us a truck report.....hope it is O K......................

CAROL, is Ice O K?

I have to head back out and finish up..............see you guys later.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 pm

well, I only had to log on twice and it let me read AND POST...I'm impressed!

ARK, hope all is well...?

Did I miss something on Ice, Carol? Hope he is well?

I went to the endocrinologist today...she said my blood work is screwed to the max...my body won't absorb different vitamins and minerals for some reason...and my Vit D and Vit B12 and sodium are nonexistant...No wonder I have NO energy! and my A1C iw elevated five tenths a point....not so good news there either...its spose to go down, not up...

Graymare, we don't know about the truck yet....am on pins and needles here....so the game plan is we take a load down with the chevy one ton, and take the camper off and bring the trailer (4-horse) back up for the other horses and dogs....and not worry about a time frame getting the Dodge fixed if or when ....or how soon...so we can plan what to do. We are on a time frame(its called getr done) so we can't wait around long to see....so we are off and running...hopefully by Wednesday. Jessi will care for the crew we take down there until I get back to Tx. Then I will feed her hosses in the morning for her during the week to make it up to her! Which I don't mind...what's 3 more anyway!..and gives her some extra time in the a.m. And hubby will bring the bus back to get the BEAST and drive it down. We will try and sell our 3 horse trailer with the weekender...since we won't be getting it down there...and use that money for putting our septic tank in. Such is life....and it marches on...
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:56 pm

New thread time!

Go to Basket and then click on October 2012.

September is now locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2012   September 2012 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

September 2012
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7