Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October 2012

Go down 
+9
sunny 57
silverdancer
cb
Eileen
Carol W
Manygatess
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

October 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:05 pm

CB
I am with TRUDY. Your life scares me to pieces! I'll be glad when you get all moved to Texas. Did you ever hear what got hit? One of Donnie's brothers got off work at midnight one time and ran his car through a herd of black steers loose in the road. One steer flipped over the hood of his car, caved in the windshield and roof, and three steers were killed. He never saw them until he hit them. Luckily he was not hurt but his car was totaled. A nightmare!

GRAYMARE
Ouch! Sorry about your booboo. Did you fall off your horse or fall off your own feet? Any witnesses?
LOL

SUNNY
That's sad the Clydesdales were removed. I saw some at Busch Gardens several years ago. The had a foal there who was HUGELY cute!

Tomorrow we are hauling Ivan to Pandapas pond park for a ride. I hope he stays in the good mood he has been in lately!

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Sometimes my life scares the socks off of me too! Ilove the nice quiet days.

ARK it was cows.....grandson and I went to feed the horses this morning, and we came back on that west bound side and could see the carcasses...but someone had butchered them right there, just the hide and head and legs were left! geesh...but I guess its meat that will be used. ugh...the hiways here can be dangerous as mostly open range, so even tho you total your car and have hospital bills...you pay for the dang cow too! Archaic laws still on the books.

Well, off to work I go...
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:00 pm

yes it is a shame they took the clydsdalesfrom Busch Gardens too, right after Budweiser sold there brewery, no more horses, I hate progress sometimes, they lose site of the beauty in this world for the almighty dollar,

I hope that all are enjoying this fall weather, here it is cooler and the air smells different, they are even bringing out pumpkin coffee, pumpkin doughnuts, pumpkin, everything good. I love fall, well enjoy the weekend and be safe
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:44 pm

LOL, ARK..slipped on my own two feet.....................2 witnesses that are still laughing...........they're the ones that said I couldn't have a "Hello Kitty" bandaid............are they mean or what???
Back to top Go down
Santa

Santa

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 4:14 pm

This guy was at the Equine Affaire back a few years ago, excellent performance and horse training

Correction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm2AjXumgx8&feature=related

Back to top Go down
http://longhenry.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Graymare
Darn. There are always witnesses for our more foolish acts, aren't there? I know there were at least ten people who saw me fall off Ivan onto my rear last weekend. Then they got to see me on my hands and knees trying to convince Ivan not to exit the scene. He just stood looking at me, probably wondering how I got there. My witnesses never made a sound until I had Ivan's reins in hand. Then they asked me if I wanted the EMT to look at my booboo. I told them I'd have to drop my drawers to do that and I didn't hurt bad enough. No bandaid for me either, LOL.

CB
The livestock owner has to pay damages here if their fences aren't good and their animals are involved in a road accident. I don't know who pays if someone lets the livestock out intentionally. Hope I never have to find out!

I gave away my rotten attack rooster today. We were ready to shoot him. A young couple we met at tractor supply said they would like him for their hens. He is pretty, but likes to sneak up and attack you from behind. We told them of his rotten ways.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:30 am

Whew! It's finally safe to enter Ark's henhouse. Laughing

Awwww, Graymare. Poor baby.
The first thing I do when I fall or do something stupid is to look around real quick to see if anybody saw. Laughing Or, I get up real quick like I meant to do that. A few years ago, I tripped on a cracked sidewalk. Yes, it really was cracked and part of it was pushed up a couple of inches. I was gawking at something else and didn't see it. SPLAT! I got right up and looked all around to see who might be laughing.

I think you should get a great big, absurdly huge, loud colored bandaid to show off to your friends, or to Ima.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:47 am

FINALLY, somebody helped.................Lilly & Grettel cleaned my boo boo.....Im fine now.

lol! lol! lol! ClappingHands

Seriously, dogs can be WAY too sweet and cute. What a riot.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:52 pm

ack! raining cats and dogs! Don't think we'll get out of here today! Had the closing on the house, but told them it would be tomorrow before we can get out of here...its hard to pack when one is soaked to the skin! Everything we are getting in rain, the mountains down to 3000 feet are covered in snow already...that dreaded S word...its here!
Harry is at the welders getting one lil part fixed on the divider in the slant load, and then we can load everything else in his trailer when it stops raining...

Tired butt!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Well, sure sorry about the rain CB, but hopefully, only one more day and you're GONE......wishing you a good safe trip and much happiness in your new home.

Keep in touch...............
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 pm

sooooo soooooo glad we are having a cool down, the nights are in the 60's making it plesent to leave the windows open,

Clara take care on the roads, are you taking the same route you did last time, they are saying that the gas prices are comming down in California but I would fill up before you get there, sending good thoughts and prayers your way for a boring trip.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:37 am

CB
Safe trip!!!! Hope it goes very smoothly. Did yo ever think the day would come? Which animals are traveling with you?

SUNNY
Good to hear your weather has cooled off. It frosted here last night, but got up to 70 this afternoon. Nice.

I rode Ivan for awhile this evening. He was fun. He was good at Pandapas yesterday, although a bit jiggier than at the Actha ride. Annie worked with Trinket while I rode Ivan. She is teaching Trinket to lead better. It is nice to see her taking an interest in Trinket.

After I untacked Ivan, I plopped the saddle onto Areion, who didn't mind it at all. I was going to girth her up after snugging it against her several times and discovered Ivan's girth is too small for Areion. I'll have to try Daisy's girth on her. Areion was very calm about it all. Let's hope that attitude sticks with her!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 am

I hope CB could get going today......SNOW in Boise..................
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Our mountains have snow on them all around us...but we will leave this afternoon...I think we will stop at night and travel during daytime hours, roads will be better I hope. I think we are getting out of Dodge just in the nick of time...spose to be in the mid twenties here at night and only 50's days.

Hubby woke me up in the wee morning hours to say "Happy Anniversary"...he said I mumbled something and farted on him!... Razz Cool You have to remember we are sleeping in my lil Kia car, so I can be close to the pg doxie and check on her thru the night She is in our living quarters of the gooseneck. Anyhoo, he said he had to put the windows down! What a way to start a new year for us, Huh! Leaving the cold will be our anniversary present!

ARK, we are hauling 3 horses and 2 Great Danes, 1 pg doxie, and pappa doxie, and my lil Shortstuff doxie who is my everlasting shadow....and 2 lil kitties I found. I put them out with the mama that showed up and she decided she is done with them, so I caught them back up and taught them to eat real food the last few days...and they are doing well, so they will go to Texas with us and be texas kitties!

Keep good HUMS going for us! thanks all....

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Safe journey, CB. We'll look forward to hearing that you have arrived safely and are ready to begin a new life in warm weather.

Y'all will love this: http://www.wimp.com/moretricks/
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 am

Wahaahhhhhhhhh....snow..blizzards..couldn't even see the lines on the dang road and those ol' semis' just kept barreling past like they knew exactly where they were! HAH!
Snow covered is snow covered!
And today more snow so we changed our route, going a longer one....but warmer....
We are in Virgin River AZ...and it is at least 20 degrees warmer than what we had!
Dogs, Horses, Goats are all doing fine....kitties got out of their kennel before we left and went bck to Mama cat....so did not get to come. sigh...I tried...

Well, will catch us later!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:36 pm

are any of you watching the weather?, well we have a very nasty hurricane going to skirt the coast and by Tuesday will make landfall in New Jersey,this storm is soooooo large that we are over 800 miles from Sandy we are feeling her with high winds and some rain, not much but depending on how her track goes the next couple of days it could get nasty for all along the east coast, all of you near the coast please be careful and get ready for wind and very high surf and rain flooding, and possible power outages, this is not a normal storm, it is part hurricane and part winter storm at least that is what the weather service is saying, so please don't take chances at least stay informed on it's path and strength.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 pm

My neighbors are going to be leaving here to spend the winter in Florida within the next few days. They were planning to take a big detour up to New England before they went south, but if the storm is going to be there, they'll skip that.
I've heard bad possibilities for that storm, maybe causing a 'perfect storm' nor'easter.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 am

SUNNY
Are you getting much rain and wind yet? I didn't realize there was a hurricane so close to FL until I read your post. Yikes, it is a big one! We are 300 miles west of D.C. so may not get too much from it....I hope. It has been so pretty here all week, mid-70s and brilliant blue skies. We are spoiled. The weather man says it will be a high of 36 degrees with snow this coming Tuesday....nooooooo!

CB
Are you there yet? Happy belated anniversary!

ELLEN
I bet Travis is gearing up for the cold weather. I am glad someone likes it.

I rode Ivan today and yesterday. He has been very good. Annie and Trinket are doing great. Trinket's leading at both the walk and trot is much better. They are starting to work on backing now. They look cute working together.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 am

Ark, Travis has all the boats out of the water and winterized, but he still has all the docks to take out. I'm sure he'll be doing that soon. It's something he can't do by himself, so he has to coerse one of his buddies to help him.

Yesterday was probably the last really nice day we'll have until spring. I helped a neighbor get his boat out of the water for the winter; I pulled the trailer and backed it down the ramp and he drove the boat on.
All the docks and boats are disappearing from the lakes around here. Because of the ice, everything has to be removed or the ice will damage them.

As always, I have leaf work to do. Almost all the leaves are down now, so once I get done this time, it will be done for the year.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:27 pm

well Ark, it is extremely windy here where I live, the coast is getting hammerd with high surf, high winds, beach erosion, rain, I feel for those up the east coast they are going to get hammerd worse than we are, it looks like it is going to make landfall in New Jersey, they say it is going to be like a nor easter I hope any of you close to the coast will be prepared for whatever she brings, take care and be safe,
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:32 pm

The Weather channel is getting a workout here. Annie, our official family hurricane reporter, gives us hourly reports. So far we have heard we will have a range of things, from nothing to two feet of snow. I vote for a little rain and then balmy weather. We will be at the grocery store along with everyone else in the county tomorrow.

We finished painting the house and all but some trim on the garage today. Tomorrow morning we are taking Ivan and Trinket to a trail obstacle playdate. Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:29 am

Oh, ARK, it’s so great to hear you sounding healthy again! The reports about riding Ivan – even (or maybe especially?) including the falling-off part – make it seem like you’re back close to normal. I surely hope so.

I didn’t forget the blueberry pie. Somebody suggested mailing it, frozen but uncooked, in dry ice, and I actually considered that for a time but realized that then I wouldn’t be able to add some secret finishing touches that I consider critical, sooo…I guess I’ll just have to run one down there some time. Or you’ll have to wheel on up here. Or maybe I could meet Rick somewhere for a delivery on a fly-by???? But then I suspect there might not be much left of the pie by the time it got to Virginia . Sigh…

Speaking of Rick, where is he?

Oops, I suppose that, as a pokey, or non, poster I forfeit the right to ask – but I do read and often worry!

About CB, out on the wicked road again, for example. CB, will be good to hear that you’ve arrived, safe and sound, with all the animals intact and the sun gloriously shining!

Here, fall has somehow slipped right by when I wasn’t looking. Now there are only rust-colored oak leaves on the trees, and, though the temperature was up in the 60s at mid-day today, we’ve had several deep frosts, so the garden’s gone -- and it’s probably about time to put Golden Girl up on blocks for good. (Though I’m thinking: maybe I can squeak in a wee ride tomorrow?? If the temp gets above 60, and I wear my heavy suede jacket and don’t go very far? Please, please?? ) Can’t remember if I said this already, but I’ll take a chance and say it again: I put over 1,200 miles on her this summer, just about all of them “business” miles – grocery shopping, for example, or trekking off to meetings or to the doctor. ELLEN, I felt pretty good the other day when somebody said to me, “Virginia , do you have a car?”

Have to report on our biggest recent excitement here, and it was a doozy. At 7:12 p.m. on the 16th, I was relaxing my recliner watching TV and trying not to get too exercised over politics when I was suddenly jolted by a monster explosive noise followed by a horrific extended rumbling that set the pictures on the wall shaking and broke up the TV image.. The sound was too deep and big and outside and overwhelming to be just the furnace blowing up (though I did think of that for a second), so I decided it must be some huge truck gone wildly out of control on the road close by my house, rolling over and over and crashing from tree to tree. But when I realized that the sound was much, much bigger than even that, I decided it had to be a monster big plane crashing and rolling over and over and over. So I ran out of the house, expecting to see flames and smoke and people racing around, crazed, in the road -- but the noise had stopped, there wasn’t another soul visible, and all was black and quiet. Back in the house, I answered my phone to have a friend six miles down the road tell me that we’d just had an earthquake. Whew! It was a 4.5 with epicenter less than 10 miles away. No damages or injuries anywhere but I want to tell you that that’s just about as unnerved as I ever want to get again. Then I was frustrated because network TV, even in Maine, and even my TV satellite service, didn’t report on it until much later. The friend who called put her telephone next to her TV so that I could hear her cable news’ reporting, which was comforting. I would otherwise have concluded that I’d finally slipped the final cog…

Going to be keeping an eye on the upcoming storm. Stay safe, all!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:45 am

not there yet, but getting closer, we are at a rest stop near Deming New Mexico. Its' a nice normal rest stop, but then they have adobe cabanas with picnic tables in them and they are lit at night also. We found this the last time wer were traverling. We pull all the way to the last one and can exercise dogs and horses and we can hear some hiway noise, but I'm so tired I'll sleep thru that I'm sure.

I have to say never feed a Great Dane part of your subway sandwich if it has onions on it and then have no AC...he got to panting and even Short Stuff was hiding her head and I wanted to....geesh! No more onions for Bubba who is in my back seat snoring. He has scared a few folks on this trip, he just looks intimidating but is a pussy cat really. Someone asked me about letting my car run, if I wasn't afraid of someone stealing it...and I said no I have an alarm system....he says what kind and I said Bubba, and he jumped up and the guy says...OH!

Bubba may let them have the car i don't know! He's only gotten aggressive when someone was threatening me, and never any other time. Some lady was walking a small dog at the pet area and when she saw Bubba she grabbed her dog up ....she didn't want Bubba getting near it!! LOL

Weather is great, altho a bit chilly, we are at the Continental Divide now...that is probably why! DUH!

Sweet Dreams!

Beech, that would have scared me for sure! We had earthquakes in AK a lot when we were up there, and two in Idaho that have been over 5. Alaska over 6....it shook me out of bed one day! Glad you enjoyed Golden Girl...

RICK where are you....we have others MISSING also, come on y'all check in!

Donna, know I'm thinking of you in the coming days ahead.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:44 am

Way to go, Beech! Riding is really fun, isn't it. I'll bet that you're getting much more comfortable with riding too.

I did hear about the earthquake in your area. Another acquaintance who lives on an island near Portland didn't feel a thing.

CB, I've been to that rest area you are talking about. It really is a nice place to stop. Today should see you pretty close to your new home, if not all the way there.

I've been wondering where Rick is, too.

Not very many leaves left on the trees now. This afternoon and tomorrow, I should be able to get most of them cleaned up and burned, IF the wind lays down enough to make burning safe.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:32 am

Well I can't stay hidden forever can I...especially when THIS groups gets after me. Carol has been gone on her last vacation trip before retirement coming up in March, '13.

She left this past Monday and returns a week from today on the third. She and a friend are on a cruise ship around Italy. They "started" in Venice and will end up in Rome before flying home. Why didn't I go ... I don't "do" big cities, and crowds of people ... and I would rather save my resources to use someplace that appeals to me more...like rural UK.

I was given permission to receive daily phone calls, etc. to "remind me" to keepthekitchencleantakeouthetrashdon'tforgethelaundrycheckonMombehaveyourself,etc. I "might" have been better off to have gone anyway!! I am surviving as being Batchelor#1!!

I have been doing a little bit of trucking, but truck has been in the truck hosptal with engine problems. Got it out and made a day trip Thursday and it seemed to be OK. Boss won't have me out (overnight0 until Carol gets home on the 3rd.

That's about it ... here's hoping all is well in YOUR corner of FOOPVILLE. I do check in at least daily to see what's happening.

My love to all, RICK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2012   October 2012 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

October 2012
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next