Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SEPTEMBER 2022

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:39 pm

September 2022

SEPTEMBER  2022 0f202810
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:47 pm

Yikes,  only 3 weeks until Fall!

It was a hot, rainy summer here, emphasis on hot.  

Fall sounds pretty good, although way too close to Winter....

SEPTEMBER  2022 24052811
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 12:35 am

Hi all, I hope fall is coming to my part of Arizona..............I'm hoping that Mississippi is recovering from
it's water problem........those people are REALLY suffering!!! I can't even imagine............

The horse photo in the sunflowers is for gorgeous.............

I'm tired tonight so I'll close for now.......everyone have a good evening............thans for changing the
board for us, ARK.............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 9:56 am

It seems this summer has gone by so fast!  It was cold here into June, so there was less summer.  We had some hot days.  This is a time of great weather here.  I'm going to fill the jet ski with gas and enjoy it for as long as I can, probably to the end of this month.
Ark, you do a great job of keeping this site going well.  I appreciate it very much.

it was 16 years ago today that I officially moved here. It was definitely a good move.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 9:00 pm

Hi all. Early this afternoon a friend & I went out to go to Kohls' for jeans and didn't find any, Then we were going to lunch and she wanted to stop at Walgreen's and pick up her prescription. Guess what. The pharmacy was closed for the holiday
week-end, they would be open on Tuesday. If it was an emergency she could go to the 24 hr pharmacy at
another location. Wow, America has changed. We then went to lunch.

It was a good day, LOL.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 2:59 pm

Does Walmart still sell jeans?  It's been more than 20 years since I last bought any jeans.  I got them at Walmart.

Trudy?  Beech? CB?  Where are you?

I just saw a very cute scene. LOTS of people walk and ride golf carts past my house. On weekends, it's almost like a parade. A few minutes ago a two-entry parade went by. The leader was a little girl in a pink floral dress and pink helmet driving a little pink battery powered car. The second parade entry was "Grandpa and Grandma" following close behind in their golf cart. Smile
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 9:49 am

Good Morning All,

I'm in Truro, since last Thursday, and spendng time with two of the "girls" that I lived with in the '60's. Boy we aren't the 20 year olds we once were, lol. One has COPD, losing short term memory, drives but will get lost so I drive, lol. I'm not really sure of her driving skills so ILL DRIVE! She drove herself from Moncton, NB and the other is from Sydney Mines in Cape Breton, I picked her up n Hfx as she had been at her sisters. Have been enjoying the heated outside pool and the sunshine. Got a bit of a burn but it makes me look like I'm alive, pink cheeks instead of blush, lol.

Heading to Masstown Market in Debert this a.m. It's a very overcast day and looks like rain, good day to go on a daytrip. I'm guessing reading will be what we will do when we get back. Hopefully the sun will come out later.

Had a great visit from Allison, Andrew and Ava yesterday. They arrived around noon and left after three. We spent the time in the pool, Ava included. She is so sweet, good natured and loves the water. By the time they left, after three, they were going someplace to get something to eat and when they looked and she was out like a light so did the drive through thing and went home. It was great seeing them and will again on Wednesday for supper at my Sons for my birthday. It isn't till the 13th but Priscilla, Johns partner, invited both Erin and Allison and family for supper and they are coming. I'm heading home the next morning. It has been a nice week, missing the fourth member of the group. She lives in Ottawa and isn't well so couldn't make the trip.

Just got back from breakfast, lovely one here at the motel, goes with your room. Hot and cold food and wonderful staff.

Probably won't touch bast with you all till I get home. Have a great holiday and stay safe.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 6:13 pm

Today's weather brought a quicker end to the holiday. It's been about 70, cloudy, and damp all day. Yesterday there were lots and lots of boats and swimmers. Today, only a few. By this time tomorrow, it will be verrry quiet. It will stay that way until April.
I was told when I moved here that I would be glad to see the summer people leave for the winter, but I would also be glad to see them come back in the spring. They were right.
Wednesday will be sunny and warm and the jet ski is full of gas. So I'll take a nice long ride and probably have all the lakes to myself.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 7:05 pm

Happy Labor Day!  It has been rainy since yesterday(Sunday) and going strong today.   Flea markets usually abound around here on Labor Day, but they are probably packed up and gone because of the rain.    Donnie and I went to Christiansburg yesterday to get some kind of tool he needed at the bigger Lowes there...about 15 miles from here.  There was a huge  thunderstorm at our house while we were gone that dropped a couple of inches of rain pretty fast and it washed into the pony side of the barn.  We spent two hours dredging water out of their stall.  We had cleaned the barn before we left, so at least didn't have manure mixed in with the flooding.  The horses were all out in the pasture and got a good drenching.  There are mats over gravel in the stall, so we found a pool two inches deep.  Luckily,  it didn't get into the other side of the barn or the hay or shavings stalls.   What a mess.  It didn't rain the entire time we were shoveling water into the wheelbarrow to dump outside the barn, but did rain off and on all night.  Donnie retrenched the ditches and no more flooding happened.    Today it has rained more lightly off and on all day.  

The Carolina wrens have left the nest they made in the haybaler, so now if it ever stops raining, we can get those fields done.  Rain is predicted every day this coming week. Rolling Eyes

I did ride Ivan on Friday and Saturday at home.  Those days were quite nice.  The award t-shirt from the Virtual Tevis Cup ride came in, so I had to have pix of that!  We rode 100 miles for that shirt,  it had to be photographed!   Laughing

SEPTEMBER  2022 Ivandi16

DONNA:
Safe travels home! And happy birthday soon!! wavy

GRAYMARE:
I don't think I have heard of a major pharmacy closing for a weekend like that. Wow. Hope no one needed them. Hope you find your jeans!

ELLEN:
I haven't bought jeans since the pandemic started, and I need to do so, mine are raggedy. Walmart didn't allow folks to try things on then and I am not sure if they do now or not. I did buy a couple of pairs of neato cargo pocket riding pants from Dover that are a bit large, but oh, so comfortable. I am wearing them to death. I love the pockets.
Of course, Dover isn't selling them anymore....sigh....

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 8:03 pm

Ark, check Cabela's for the cargo pants. They have several different styles.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 8:51 pm

Beautiful T shirt, ARK........you earned it.

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 11:36 pm

My friend told me a good one today that came in on her computer. A car pulled up and blocked another
car intending to hijack it. When they got out to do the hijacking the driver pushed the horn that was rigged
to sound like gunshots. I thought it very clever............the kids obviously ran away and left their car.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sad state of affairs in America.............

Everyone have a great evening..........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 8:46 am

Now THAT'S clever. It saved his car.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 10:51 pm

Last Wednesday, my cousin's wife took a freakish bad fall and broke her leg just above the ankle. On Friday, they did surgery to put the pieces back together with a plate and 7 screws. Because there is very little flesh to cushion the area over the bones and plate, they are being very cautious and want the incision to heal. She is confined to bed with her leg higher than her heart for the next two weeks. She is allowed up only for bathroom trips.
Cousin is doing everything he can to take care of her. He had an eye appointment today and with all the relatives in the area, none were available to stay with her while he was gone. So, I drove down to stay for a few hours, then came home. I arrived with Betty Crocker triple chunk brownies. Very Happy
It's going to be a long recovery - 6 to 8 months at best.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 11:01 pm

ELLEN:
Poor Cousin's wife.... hug .... It was really good you were able to help her out. ClappingHands I sure don't envy her recovery time.

GRAYMARE:
Wow. I am glad it worked out for the guy that avoided being carjacked. I can see where it may have gone the other way and they came out shooting at him. That horn sound was very clever, though. Was that in AZ?

I have thought it would be kind of fun to have one of those car keyfobs that chirp when you lock the car door and use it when I 'park' my horse. "Chirp, chirp". lol! Now if the horse would actually stay where I parked it....

Had a quick ride this evening, only a few minutes to remind Ivan we do this sometimes. I need another 30 rides before Dec. 31 to make 100 for the year. No prize involved, just doing it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 12:35 pm

ARK, we don't know where the event took place, sorry.............

pale pale pale
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 3:28 pm

Sad news.  Queen Elizabeth II died this morning. I really liked her.........such a great lady.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 5:08 pm

I heard early this morning that they had called the royal family to gather at Balmoral Castle and knew they wouldn't have done that unless the end was near. I was very sorry to hear about it. She had the perfect balance between being well known by her people and connected to them, but still dignified and respected.
I was 8 years old when she became queen, and I do remember when she was coronated the next year. Because she loved horses, I was immediately a big fan.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 6:48 pm

I think we will see the funeral of a lifetime...........

I wonder how the people will respond to King Charles III for the long run.................

The most touching of the news an films was the rainbow over Buckingham palace.............
what a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 10:27 pm

I saw the rainbow too.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 7:39 pm

A big "awwww" is in order. The three little girls have a really cute new puppy. At the moment, he is a ball of soft fluff. Winston is a white with black spots pure poodle puppy. They just got him yesterday from a good breeder. They just brought him over to show me. The poor little thing is rather bewildered at the moment. Yesterday he was with his family; today he has been everywhere.
He's small enough that he's cuddly to carry. He may never learn to walk. LOL He will eventually be about 30 pounds. Small enough to be in the house, but big enough to not trip over.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 8:51 pm

AWWWWW..... Nothing like a puppy to add continual love and joy to a house/home/family............years
of happiness to come. I'm sure tonight will be interesting for them.

Today was horse racing, football, and soccer.....

Everyone have a great evening.............
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 11:20 pm

We had a couple of really pretty days, but are back to rain, rain, rain today. A good day to stay inside after taking care of the horses.

I've been watching a lot of the coverage about the Queen. She's going to be buried in St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle. I visited there in 2002. Donnie had a meeting somewhere or other nearby and I walked from the hotel to the castle while he was working. (After his meeting, we had the rest of our time there on vacation.) The Queen Mother had been buried in St. George's Chapel the year or so before and I saw her grave in a little alcove off the main part of the chapel. Someday I'd like to go back and see how they do Queen Elizabeth's resting place there. The castles and cathedrals are so interesting. It seems strange to see people buried in the floor you have to walk across.

We have a stretch of dry weather predicted after Monday, so making hay is in our immediate future. Whoopee..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 3:43 pm

We got some rain very early this morning, continuing into the afternoon. It was still raining when I decided to go tie the jet ski to the lift. Put on the rain jacket, make my way down the steps, tie the jet ski, and back to the house, somewhat wetter than when I left. Of course, shortly after that the rain stopped.... at least for a while.
It's supposed to rain for the next two days. I can almost hear the grass growing. At least it's nice and green.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 9:07 pm

ARK, how nice that you have really been there........you can picture everythintg in the castle. I hope you get to return.

Today was hot, muggy, and breezy.......cooler but you couldn't feel it. Ice cream is the cure.

Football stunk for AZ today........ Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 Empty

Back to top Go down

SEPTEMBER 2022
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next