Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2012

Go down 
+10
silverdancer
Ol'Man
Manygatess
Indyapp
cb
Eileen
Carol W
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

November 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Calling all Foops and Foopettes....Sunny needs our special HUMS/prayers right now y'all....lets get 'em revved up and flying for her please! She will tell ya's about her ordeal when she gets back home.

I on the other hand had a great day at my new doc on base....he is really nice, but very strict, knows Jessi well from when she worked in hospital admin...so he is gonna sick her on me too...about my diet etc...my a1c is high again...and I HAVE to get it down...I've lost about 12 pounds which only leaves me, (by my calculations) another 70 to go.... affraid so wish me well....here I go...Hubby has lost almost 20 pounds...he is working hard and sweating mucho grande!
I had to have blood drawn today and that is not my fave thing to do in this world...but an airman (3 striper) got me the very FIRST time...man it was wonderful...I told him I was going to do everything in my power to keep him here at this base for the next 20 years or so...LOL I was very impressed with him and so was my hubby who shook his hand and told him no one has gotten me on the first try in over 30 years!

Then we came home and I found both my 3 legged puppies had passed away. They were nursing this morning when I left...I really thought they were doing alright. Nature took its course tho...I cried as I buried the lil tykes, so sad, they didn't have a very good life, so short too. Poor babies. I"ve learned if I breed this Mother dog again, I will be right there taking them as soon as they slide out, and I WILL cut the cord and clean them up before she will get them back...like I did with the last 3 pups. Won't even give her the chance to do it again...altho I don't think she meant to do them harm. She seems to be a good mom now with the remaining 3 puppies. We'll see...they are quite tiny lil babies...

Hubby and Jessi and I got the pony trimmed, she certainly did better than the first time we did her...but still needs more work on standing still, but managed to get her done so she can go to the playday on Saturday...and the girls can ride her.

Hubby put shoes on Tank, and Cinnamon and next week he will put shoes on Rocket Man....and Jessi will start working him to check him out

Hubby and I found a dive mexican restaurant and had lunch on the way home, tiny out of the way lil place, but the dang food was outstaning! and so much we had to bring a doggie box home....and both of us ate for 10 bucks! Meal included the drink and dessert, the best chocolate cake I've had in a very long time, just a small piece for me tho...hubby ate the rest! But it WAS GOOD...everything tasted very good. Jessi said she and Joey will have to try it sometime too...

Well, its feeding time at my lil zoo...so later y'all...
It's warm here and sunny again...just not use to this nice weather, I keep wondering when its going to get cold? rabbit cyclops shrug DUH!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 pm

OL'MAN:
Great to see you! I hope Virginia sails thru any medical problems with ease. (((((Virginia)))))

SUNNY:
Big hums....so what is going on?

RICK:
Cat got your tongue? affraid

CB:
It's great to see you posting again! I am very sorry about the pups. Hopefully that won't happen again. My three legged cat gets around just fine, but I don't know how a doxie would do.
Your horse club sounds like fun! Ours here has pretty much dwindled away.

BEECH:
Getting any snow? That looks like a nasty storm. And tell us how you got those cranberries....did you wade into a bog to get them?

EILEEN:
Last summer we got two new members, one of which is named TWH Rider. You may have been away at the time. She lives in middle Tennessee and has a TWH or two. The other one's name is KAREN, and I wish both would post and let us know how they are doing.

ELLEN:
Nope, as far as I know, no one took videos of me and Ivan doing anything good at that Actha ride Laughing . I was so grateful Ivan didn't run off and leave me trudging over a 1000 acres to catch him. We did make about 10 more points than we had at any other Actha ride, despite the zero on that particular obstacle, so we actually did do pretty good after that one. Unfortunately, none of the points counted due to the fall.

Ivan and I have a lesson scheduled for tomorrow here. It is supposed to be very windy. Great. tongue
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 am

The latest storm missed us. It didn't come inland this far. God help those poor people in NY & NJ..now they have snow & ice on top if the other nightmare they are living thru.

The PO meeting went OK. We are going down to 4 hours a day starting 2/1...I'll probably retire when that happens..things will just be to hectic at the PO, at this stage in my life I don't need the extra stress, let a younger person handle it. I'll miss my little old customers though. Ace will be happy to see me put away my PO tote, he pouts when I carry it out into the kitchen. Such a spoiled brat doggie.

CB: So happy to hear you are finally settled at your new place. Sad about the pups though..

SUNNY: Prayers being sent up for you.

OLDMAN: Prayers for Virginia also.

Off to the hospital for George's blood work this morning. Glad it's not my turn with the vampires.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:30 am

Prayers going up for Sunny!!!

CB .. sorry about the puppies. Mother Nature made the choice for you. Hope the other 3 do just great. They will be a lot of fun for sure. Glad to hear you are getting settled in.

Ark ... enjoy your lesson today. Stay on top!!! lolol
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 pm

OLMAN, prayers and hugs for VIRGINIA.........

SUNNY, prayers for you, also.

CB, awwwwwwww. Just enjoy the healthy pups. You did the best you could.

Busy here.......................Ima is way cute and she LOVES horses....any horses. "I would even take a mini even tho you really can't ride them" Honestly, her take on the horse world gets funnier by the day. "Someday I want one of those big giant horses and I would name him Isaac. Maybe Abraham." Who knows, maybe she might.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Graymare, you are doing some work extraordinaire ( now if ya could teach me to spell)....IMA will have this basis for a long time to come in her life.

I tried with the puppies...but it was sad to lose them. The other 3 seem alright....keeping my fingers crossed.

Been working outside all day today...whew......

affraid WORK affraid
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi, CB, can I say Welcome to TX?! You sure sound really busy getting settled in, the way you're flying around you'll have all those lbs gone in no time!.... and I'm envious you're having such nice warm weather in November.
Sorry to read about the little puppies though, at least any decision about them was taken out of your hands.

Ol'man - hope everything goes OK. (((Virginia)))
And (((Sunny)))

ARK - I was a little bit shocked when you said someone had video'd you falling off and had put it up on one of those social sites (without asking/telling you). To me that is one of the downsides of our modern communications - great benefit in some ways, but nothing is private any more.
I know we all fall off! But who wants it out there?! OK, off my soapbox now....

As for me, I'm hanging up my boots now- OK, not for long, but the competition season is now OVER and we can take it easy. Must confess I'm a fair weather rider and driving out to the stables on a frosty morning (or afternoon) is not my idea of fun. We don't get too many frosts, or much snow, in this part of Ireland, but there is a damp chill instead that gets right into you. So I will hibernate a bit.
Zaristo's mud rash has cleared up OK but since Monday he has got a sore rub on his wither from the rug/blanket - I think some mud must have got under it when he rolled and just worked its way in. Ouch, he flinches when I bathe it, but it was a bit dirty. Now, I'll let it dry out,I think. Or should I put some soothing cream on it? Advice welcome, please.

My car went in for a MAJOR service last week. It's a diesel engine and needed the timing belt done plus other stuff before it goes for its National Cat Test, which is a legal requirement for all cars here over 4 years old. It's booked in for next Tuesday so wish me luck... the money it just cost to have all the work done... I could nearly buy another car! Shocked
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Just re-read my post. I meant National CAR Test!
Getting late here (after midnight), I should go to bed!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:59 am

Graymare
Ima sounds so cute! I hope she gets that big horse.

CB
I am glad you like your new doctor! Have fu at the horse event.

Silverdancer
I was a bit shocked to find out about the video, too. It was up at least a couple of weeks before I heard of it. As falls go, it was far from my worst, and I have never been too shy about sharing my foibles, but I would have liked a little advance warning. oh, well. I knew there were photos done at the time, but I didn't know about the video. I have probably watched it at least a dozen times to see where I goofed up, LOL.
Good luck with your car test!

Carol
Had a really fun lesson and stayed on top!! Ivan was Mr. Mellow today and seemed to bend over backward to try to please me. We are learning to turn on the forehand. We are slow, but we are getting it....:-)

Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:25 am

I got home from the hospital at 2:30 this morning I was in such pain that I could not walk, they put me on a I.V of morphine to get the pain under control the did a MRI and ex-ray my lower back has real bad arthritis and is pinching off nerves in my legs so for now it is being controled with strong pain meds, I go see the doctor in a week to see if I have to stay on theese heavy duty pills or put on something lighter so I can function better as Kent is still weak from his medical problems so for now I am on my own, the doctor in the hospital is a real good dr. and has a lot of compassion he is doing everything he can to help me, I am going to try to get him as my primary care physician,so time will tell, thank you all for the good wishes and prayers it realy does help to know tha I have friends that care,thank you all
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Prayers going up for you SUNNY.

Nothing like coming in to work only to have an unexpected State Audit walk in the door. Shocked

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Sunny, I'm so sorry you are having to live with so much pain, and I hope that they can find a solution for it.

Indy, how did the audit go? Everything okay?
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:16 am

Sunny .. so sorry you are hurting. Hope they can find a solution to the pain quickly. Prayers and positive thoughts for a fast solution. ((((Sunny))))

I sure don't vary my passwords much either. I do keep a cheater sheet to help me, but I need to redo that to be sure it is current....

Headed out at O'Dark Thirty in the morning. Hoping for an uneventful trip. Will get to Tucson either Tuesday or Wednesday. No hurry really ..... So, I may be among the missing for a few days. Will check in when I get there and get my laptop going.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 pm

SUNNY
I sure hope you feel better very soon. Nothing drags one down like being in pain. ((((Dawn))))
Let us know how you are doing.....

CAROL
Safe trip!!!!! Let Midge drive now and then.....;-)

Ivan and I are going to Pandapas Pond park tomorrow. Jane the endurance rider and three other ladies are going, too. It is going to be about 70 degrees tomorrow!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Carol. you have a save trip now, not sure where you are going, perhaps it is Az, can't remember sorry. I am about ready to get on the road myself, and head for Naples Fl. I got most of the heavy and day long errands done, have done a lot of outside stuff too as the temps have risen a tad, and makes it easier for me to get out there and get it done. Just about finished packing the truck as well...got the topper put on last week so have been working on that. Will leave the old truck in the shed and let the peeps left behind take the batteries in for storage. I took the trailer batteries in last week, got another small load of hay just of good measure, did that a couple of days ago, again when the weather was good. Now it looks just last minute things to do. I am enjoying this little weather reprieve that we are having but know that it will not be long till it starts to look and feel like winter....seen that, not interested. lol
Sunny hope that things are looking better for you and yours.
Have a good one all
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Carol, have a safe trip and enjoy the warmth...I sure am. I heard it was 38 in Idaho and snowing the other day...guess I got the heck out of Dodge just in time. We are having a bit of a cool down here for a few days, the wind is blowing pretty good out there....but its definately warmer here!

Eileen, when you head out, you have safe travels too.

Silver Dancer, yep...I am in Texas, and thank ya Ma'am. for the welcome!

The playday was great yesterday, but a full day as the parade was in the morning, and at 8 a.m. we loaded, and 8:30 we were in the staging area painting stars red white and blue on the horses! Then we watched the parade, and then the whole riding club went out for lunch at Chilis..and then we ran home and got 3 more horses for the playday...can't say we won any ribbons...but we had fun!...but oh my knee is telling me otherwise! ouch! affraid thats what I look like when it hurts! Hubby and I cleaned doggie yards, picked up trash the wind blew across our lil acreage...and got everyone fed and watered and he is now fixing pancakes and I'm trying some our welcome to new home sugar free pancake syrup that Appy brought for us..thank you Appy! Sorry we couldn't connect in Idaho.
We got home from the playday at 11 pm so it was a very long day for all, but nice to finally get out with the horses and do something fun! Smile
Puppies are doing fine, they are growing and getting cute! I am hoping they are out of the danger time now and will thrive.
Well, y'all have a great Sunday.

Ol Man, we are waitng on any news on that cancer check...and humming for it to be non existant....sending HUMS your way.

Rick, where for art thou young man?

Come on folks, check in, so we don't have to worry bout cha's.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Call me slow, I just found out you can't start a reply on Saturday and expect to pick up where you left off on Sunday.

Audit went well. I'm happy to say that the company I work for really is a good company. If anything were to be found to be wrong, I feel it safe to say it would be due to human error and not to cutting corners or any sort of fraud. It's just that it was unexpected and really through a monkey wrench into my schedule.

Yesterday was a go, go, go day. I really don't like to go shopping but I really need to so my friend and I are going out this afternoon for a marathon shopping expedition. Which means that yesterday I did ALL of my weekend chores in one day. It was really nice out so I even managed to squeeze in a ride and then grilled dinner probably for the last time this season.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 am

Eileen
Safe trip to you,too!! When are you leaving? Sounds like a long trip. Naples is way down there!

Sunny
How are you today?

CB
Tell us what you did at the playdate.....

Indyapp
sounds like all went well with the audit! Whew....;-)...It was so nice out here today, too. It could stay like it was today all winter. 70 degrees and bright blue skies. Perfect weather.

Ivan and I rode at Pandapas today. He was okay, but more jiggy than I like. We may have to go back to riding with one other horse again for awhile.

Yesterday while riding in the arena, Ivan was very distracted and kept looking off to the west. There was a blimp flying around and we could see it through the trees. Ivan never pays much attention to flying things, but he did not like that blimp.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 am

It's November 12th and I am seeing the very first few tiny flakes of snow. It's more rain than snow, but it is snow nevertheless. What a change from yesterday's high 60s.
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Well, we had a really fun day yesterday, and lovely Autumn weather for it all.
We had our TREC final meeting in the morning with NO HORSES (in a Pub, which lets us use the car park for the horseboxes for Orienteering competitions),then lunch (in the Pub), then just to see what it's like when we don't have the horses, we had a Treasure Hunt Fun Orienteering competition ON FOOT through the nearby woods! What a Face

We all got so dirty and muddy it wasn't true, we were just like kids running through the mud and ditches... and had a great laugh any time our group crossed paths with another one - who was right or wrong?!
It only lasted an hour but made a great end to the year. First prize was a bag of golden (chocolate) coins! (No, we didn't win - thank goodness, no more chocolate Smile )

Back down to earth now... car test tomorrow...

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 pm

SD, I loved orienteering on horses...we did it as a family team and the kids all rode with us too, Hubby and Jaemi, middle kid were National high pointers the first year we did it....under NACMO, then we branched off to IMO (Idaho Mounted Orienteering) which we did for another 12 years...
Your on foot course sounds like fun too! LOL

ARK, Ivan will get back into the swing of things...and so will you..just keep riding him with other horses and he'll get use to it.
Hubby and I did cloverleaf barrels and straight away barrels at the playday. Embarrassed to say he beat me! That Tank can cover some ground. Cinnamon was being so nice and careful with me...I really appreciate that lil mare! The pony got ridden by the girls and did pretty good, altho she spooked once and jumped sideways at the timer and his big red flag...and Brenna hit the dirt! But they rode King and NIkki the rest of the night...and the pony...Jessi rode to let her know, she was not getting out of it that easily....so now she knows...it was a fun day and night.
Yesterday we went out for Harrys and Joey's n Jessis' free veterans day lunch at the steak house, YUM...and did laundry at Jessis'...and came home fed everyone and fell into bed...big tiring day for us ol' folks! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Well it is just about that time...I saw some snow flurries gently falling toward me yesterday needless to say I was not impressed. It was short lived though, the rains prevailed so on one hand that was good. It is not raining today but still pretty nippy and will be for another day or two. If all goes according to the big plan I will live sometime Thursday morning. In order to bypass Detroit, I have elected to take the ferry across to Mi north of Detroit. It will be right at the peak of traffic when I start out, so who needs Detroit pot hole Interstate surfaces, plust he wall to wall traffic, plus just the fact that it is Detroit...sorry, I just hate driving through that hornets nest. so I will land on U>S soit above Detroit, head west to a certain extent and eventually hit I94 and carry on south and will probably call it a day once I hit Ky. I do have plans on visiting with some good old friends in the Nashvill area just to catch up with things...have not seen these folks for a number of years, so looking forward to that. I was in town to do last minute bills, banking etc, and will have to spend most of the daiy in town again tomorrow sooooo the time is nearing.
HOpe all is well with everyone, it looks like the cold has taken over most of the continent, I will let you know when I enter a warm area.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 pm

CB and SILVERDANCER sounds as if you both had a great time playing ponies. I'm envious. Seems like whenever I get a chance to ride it's only to go around the block at a sedate walk. Takes about an hour (it's a pretty big block)but definitely not strenuous by any means. Still it gets me my horsie fix. Maybe next year I'll be able to get a truck again to pull the trailer and I'll be able to head to the State park for a little trail riding and take in a play day or two. In the mean time I putter.

It's a pretty day here today. Cool but pretty. The sun is shining. I'm sitting at my desk looking out the window watching traffic go by and counting the days until Friday. I'll be off next week and get to relax. Until then I have to clean up little projects I have going and try not to start any new ones that I'll have to leave for others to complete. Hopefully there aren't any little ticking time bombs sitting out there waiting to explode that I've forgotten about. Ah, well, got to get back to work.

Later.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 pm

ARK, I just love the picture at the top. I can just hear them saying "Me First, no ME, Me, Me! Moooommmm!
They won't let me play tooo!!! Hey, I as here first! Quit Pushing!"

Did I miss any?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 am

Eileen
Please post warm weather news after you get to Naples! We live vicariously in the winter. Drive safely!

Indyapp
I like the photo, too. They do look like a rowdy bunch, LOL. I love the center one's smile...:-)

CB
That must have been a very fun horsey playdate with your family all partcipating! I am glad you had fun, you certainly deserved it after all the work you've done in recent months.
We are taking Ivan and Trinket to an obstacle course playdate on Saturday. I hope the weather cooperates.

Silverdancer
Your rides sound so fun! I would like to try orienteering.

oh RICK:
Post!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 pm

happy belated birthday Eileen, my facebook calendar notified me a day late I hope you had a wounderful day with cake and Ice cream, and a happy birthday to your mom on friday, hope she has a wounderful day,lunch or dinner and of course cake and ice cream
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2012   November 2012 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2012
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next