Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2012

Go down 
+9
Rick Angell
Graymare
sunny 57
cb
Carol W
Indyapp
Manygatess
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Donna

December 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:48 am

OK, I's back, squeeky clean and ready to start my day. Winter has officially started and the up side is that this is the shortest day and starting tomorrow, days will lengthen. Spring can't be far behind, :dance:

It is safe for all of you west of me to get up now. I would have been gone before you so we are all here for a bit longer.

Have a great "first day of winter" folks.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:55 am

DONNA, whew, glad you made it..................things are fine here, also.

OLMAN, I know who Ben is.........my friend Ben Stein. Wise man, that one.

Everyone have a good day. Mine is jammed so will check in this evening if I can.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:34 am

Well then I'm not totally incompetent, it's the computer. I did the second way to post my picture and it didn't work, it probably has something to do with me being at the office and we work in "The Cloud." Will try to post it from home later.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:45 pm

ahhhh. that's who Ben is...thanks for clearing that up...you just posted something from him a few days ago, right...

Donna, no I havn't gotten yet...will watch for it...tho...

YES we are still here....altho ol man winter is trying his best to freeze us all out! It was down to 20 last night, which I don't mind a cold night once inawhile...it warms back up in the 60's and 70's daytime so that's fine Stay safe and warm y'all.

We are just driving about 8 miles to Jessis' house on xmas day...so that's not too bad.

Have all my shopping done...yippee skippeeeeeee! and the leg is feeling better also..a double yippee skippppeeeee!

Have fun everyone!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 am

Happy Winter's Solstice!

Tomorrow will be at least one second longer than today! :dance:

What a day it was today. The End of the World didn't happen, but something has sure tried to blow us away. We've had wind gusts up to 50 mph, snow flurries all day, and freezing cold temps. I broke out my longjohns. We put blankets on the horses and plugged up the heated water buckets. The first day of winter came in like it meant it. It can be spring now, I have had enough.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 pm

My best friend's husband just called to tell me that she has had a minor stroke. They got her to the hospital in time to prevent damage. But with the major blockages they found, some kind of rather drastic treatment will probably be required. Her cholesterol was over 300 - and she's probably the healthiest eater I know. Those kinds of problems do run in her dad's side of the family. She's 55. So, if you have time over the busy days, I'd sure appreciate some prayers for her.
They have been in Florida for the last 3 weeks or so and were supposed to have come north today. We are grateful that they were not on the road when the symptoms happened.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Prayers for her Ellen and a gentle hug for you as well ..... (((Ellen)))
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:42 pm

I feel for her and know what she is going through I send lots of prayers and thoughts for her quick recovery there are a lot of conditions that cause strokes Kent's was caused from his Ketoacidosis from diabetes, it sapped all the minerals and vitamins in his body, I am relieved that your friend had only a minor stroke and now she can get treated for her colesterol, take care and sending merry christmas wishes to all, because everyone at my daughters house is working christmas we are having it on thursday the 27th which is fine so we can all be together
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Gosh, big prayers ELLEN.................Thank the Lord they caught it.........

Our health is so important.....................heavens. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 am

ELLEN....Hope your friend is doing better.

Where is everyone and who forgot to close the gate?? Suspect

C-O-L-D here though some of you wouldn't consider the mid 20s cold but this Florida gal sure does. Warms up during the day. It can stay until Christmas is over and then it must leave.

I've had a special Christmas treat the last two nights. We have friends that have a Carriage Company. They do weddings, special events, etc. They have several amazing carriages and what is referred to as a Hotel Surrey...really neat. Anyhow, I expressed a desire to learn how to drive and I was promptly invited to come out and help out with the Christmas light rides. They tour a neighborhood known for it's marvelous lighted displays for a fee. So for the last two evenings I have played a minor part helping and a major part learning. I actually got to drive one time! Of course, an experienced driver was with me. Will be going again tonight and tomorrow evening. Wishing my foop friends could be with me. The little ones are in awe of the big, gentle horses and I simply love the little girls who can't stand still wanting to see and touch. With the owner's permission I took horse cookies with me last night and showed several little sweeties how to give the horse a treat. Just makes my heart sing!

Merry Christmas, my friends!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 pm

that sounds like a great time and I bet the lights are beautiful any chance of getting pictures, glad you are getting to learn driving,sorry that your temps are so cold we are only in the upper 30's to 40's at night and until today we have had icy wind blowing, we are at 45 right now at 10:00 a.m but I like the cooler and drier air if only for awhile it is such a relief to the humidity

I hope all have a wonderful christmas and a verry prosperous new year!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Ellen, always time for a HUM! Hope she is doing better. Cholesterol is high for me, too....no matter what I take, it just stays up there, heredity plays a huge part in it, not just the diet.

Pam, that sounds like a lot of fun!

I was at the kids' house last night and had my legs on the recliner, reclining...ahhhhh...when Jessi asked me what was wrong with my leg? I said "HUH"....she said it looks all crooked...so we removed pants and took a look and it is...the leg from the knee down is sticking out several inches....but it doesn't hurt....But my knee cap is not where its spose to be....ahhhhh...Merry Christmas to me, huh? This is the knee that had surgery awhile back. My luck, I get to Texas, my horse lames up, and now I lame up! grrrrrrr.... No

well, tonight we bake cookies with the GD's...that should be fun....and then Monday, I'll recupe and get ready for Xmas morning. I'll probably need the recupe!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Thank you all so much for your prayers for my friend. Her husband called later yesterday and said that further tests showed that things were not quite as dire as first thought. They are keeping her in the hospital until tomorrow when they can do another heart test. If that seems to be okay, they will release her with some meds. They got her to the hospital in time to avoid any obvious stroke damage.

CB, I hope you can get your leg straighted out quickly. You're going to need that leg to ride and play with grandkids.

Since I have to work all day tomorrow and then go visit with relatives, and then be back at work early Wednesday, I will wish all of you the very Merriest Christmas you've ever had. Christmas blessings to all. Smile
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Wow, this chat is just flying along! I just logged on and it took a while to catch up, so much news happening right now... some good, some not so...
(((hugs )))) to everyone who isn't well and needs a hug or two... and while I'm at it, ((((ALL)))- we can all do with them.

But ARK - you sound in terrific form and seem well on the road to recovery after such a scare earlier this year, it's great to hear all about your riding... though not so good that you are slipping around in the mud! I'm sure the horses enjoyed that sight! I hope you get your broadband up and running soon, it must be frustrating for you trying to log on and chat here.

CB - that TX weather sounds like what I remember from my visits over Christmas and New Year since my son moved there - some amazing warm, sunny days for wintertime, little breeze, clear skies and then temperatures drop suddenly and it feels pretty chilly. But I only recall it being really cold at night, although my son says they did have a little snow one day a year or so back, but it melted by lunchtime, much to the kiddies disappointment - first snow they had seen! They build a little snowman, but then it melted away. But sometimes they have LOTS of rain and the reservoirs fill up and places can flood.
How is your leg today? A bit worrying that it isn't straight below the knee - did it have a pin in it?

Graymare - I watched that link you gave on Youtube - that is so funny, the Twelve Days of Christmas will never be the same again since I heard that!

Rick - loved the poem... that is a gift from the heart. As others have said, tissues at the ready...

Carol - are you still away from home? I remember my son saying what Winter was like in MN, one time when he forgot his gloves and his hands froze to the steering wheel of this car! I hope it's nice and mild where you are staying.

Just in case I don't get logged on before Tuesday... I've loved meeting up with everyone again on this board and wish you all a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

:dance:

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:28 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS my friends. I pray your Christmas is a very happy one. It looks like we are getting a White Christmas after all. The only time I enjoy the snow...although 2013 can be a snow enjoying winter for me. No worrying about getting to work after 12/31, my last day at the Post Office. A good way to ring in the New Year.

Sending up prayers for all who need them...please add a prayer for my sister in law. Marla, She fell and broke her femur in 6 places. They are down in Florida, so she is on her own with her fruitcake of a husband. 1 to 2 months of being immobile because of all the plates and screws that had to be used.

My crazy son bought himself a Harley for Christmas. Shocked I swear that kid has a death wish..oh well, I'm sure my mom thought the same thing about me and my barrel horses.

We are off to candlelight service tonight. My favorite service of the year, yesterday we handed out the candy canes at church. Always a fun job around the holidays,seeing the smiles on every ones faces. Candy cane just bring out smiles. Amy & her family are coming down for Christmas. Stacy and Anthony are heading to Pittsburgh this morning to spend the holiday with Aaron and my Aunt. It's tough when the family is so far apart at the holidays.

CB: OUCH on your leg. what the heck is going on with that? Hope you get that fixed soon.

TALLYPAM: WOW I am awe at your carriage experience. What a excellent fun time you must have had.

ARK: OUCH on the mud fall. I bet the horses were laughing, mine always did, as I did the sliding in the snow or mud on the way to the barn.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone. santa

Love & prayers to all.....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:57 pm

RETIRED HUSBAND After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Target. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse. Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Target:
Dear Mrs.Stelle, Over the past six months, your husband (Goofy Eddie) has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Spencer, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras:
1.June 15:He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. July 7:He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.
4. July 19:Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice,"Code 3 in Housewares.Get on it right away."This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money. We don't have a Code 3.
5.August 4:Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.
6.August 14:Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
7.August 15:Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department, to which twenty children obliged. 8.August 23:When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?" EMTs were called.
9.September 4:Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10.September 10:While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
11.October 3:Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.
12. October 6:In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' using different sizes of funnels.
13.October 18:Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled "PICK ME! PICK ME!"
14.October 22:When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed, "OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!" 15.Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked, "Where is the fitting room?" And last, but not least:
16.October 23:Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, "Hey!There's no toilet paper in here." One of the clerks passed out. If you don't send this to 12 of your dearest friends, you will be depriving them of some good humor.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Rick. get SNOOP and get over to ARIZ fast!!!!

Our friend Graymare is in dire need.

Ha, ha, Graymare that is goodie, Some of us Foops will go your bail.

Merry Christmas and happy new year ------Everyone!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Merry Christmas my Foop Friends. santa

Wish me luck, I am driving solo tonight! I'll get Rich to take some pics.....
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Good Luck Pam ... have fun ..... just don't forget how much space you need to turn around ..... LOLOL

Merry Christmas everyone .... Enjoy the season and the reason for the season!!!!!

Love to all.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Hoping all have a great Christmas.

Love to all...Rick, Snoop and the Phony Pony
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Hoping all our Foops and Foopettes have a very Merry Christmas and that Santa is really good to one and all!

Ejnoy and be thankful for what we have

I'm thankful for all of you! and warmer weather...and Cinnamon didn't limp at all yesterday when Jessi took her out for a spin....go figure...but I am truly thankful.

SDancer, no pin...but something screwy is going on! It is really starting to hurt when I go up and down steps....ugh...regular doc won't be in until after holidays....before I can get a referral to see a orthopedic doc. Until then, I'll just grin and bear it!...and have resorted to using a cane for safety...gettin old truly sucks!

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:56 pm

ELLEN:
I am so glad your friend (Joanne?) is doing better than expected. I hope she never has another one. Have fun with the relatives tomorrow!

SILVERDANCER:
Yep, getting online is a pain, but the end is in sight! The concrete base for our new tower that will hold the internet antenna is quietly curing and will be ready for the tower by the end of this week.
I am much better, thanks. I still lose energy at times, but a nap seems to restore me. Sleep
I had a wonderful ride with Ivan yesterday. The rain finally stopped for a few hours and the sun came out. Ivan and I did about a half hour in the arena and he was so darn sweet. He did everything I asked. It made me happy since we hadn't had a ride in over a week. He remembered everything very well. Since there were witnesses, it was especially nice he was so cooperative! Very Happy It rained all day again today. No ride for us.

GRAYMARE:
Funny story! Laughing I don't think I'll ever have the retired hubby problems. Donnie doesn't seem to be planning on it.

CB:
I am so sorry about your knee. I hope it clicks back into shape and stops hurting.

TALLYPAM:
Have lots of fun tomorrow! I love driving Zippy, he is a fun guy. I have never driven a big horse.

RICK:
Merry Christmas! Did you give Phony Pony a Christmas Eve treat this evening? We always do so that when they can talk at midnight, they might say nice things about us. Very Happy Ours got carrots and apples in their dindin. I may sneak down and listen in tonight....

There is a stinkbug somewhere in our tv room. We have torn the place apart trying to find it. We can definitely smell it, but it is hiding. tongue They named those insects perfectly.....Skunkbug would have been good, too.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! Donnie and I gave each other a flatscreen t.v. this year. We have been enjoying it....except for that bug in the room.....

Merry, Merry!

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Merry Christmas blessings to ALL! We're headed out to church in just a bit..............I've been eating all day and can't stop eating Krispie treats............

Everyone have the best Christmas ever and, CB said it right. We just have to be thankful for everything and everyone we have.............((((((((((((Group Hug))))))))))))))))))) Wink Wink Wink

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:15 am

Merry Christmas Gang!!!! We are all truly blessed in many ways and so blessed to have each other. Blessings to us all.......
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:13 am

Faith, hope, peace, love.................miracles follow miracles. Wonders never cease.

God bless. Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:29 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FOOP FRIENDS...GOD BLESS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2012   December 2012 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2012
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next