Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2013

Go down 
+8
silverdancer
sunny 57
cb
Graymare
Indyapp
Manygatess
Ol'Man
Ark
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Indyapp

March 2013  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 am

WE got SNOW!!! Wasn't so sure I was going to get out of the driveway this morning, but my little lean mean hamster under the hood did good. We got a good 6 inches if not 8 last night. Feeding this morning was fun. On the flip side, it's suppose to be mid 40s by Saturday. That groundhog just might end up being right.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 am

Here I am again. I cleaned off the car, got it warmed up, put it in 4 wheel drive, moved about 10 feet and all four wheels were spinning. Gave it a few tries, and decided I was NOT going to fight the snow for 40 miles. So, I called the boss and I'm staying home. She was understanding, but not too happy because the two people she hired recently aren't working out very well.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Ellen
I am glad you stayed home. Your boss is lucky to have you in better weather. A good accident and she wouldn't have you at all!

Indyapp
Stay safe out there! Were you wanting snow? It is never what I want.

So we have had predictions ranging from 4 to 14 inches of snow off this storm. I think every school in the state is closed. And how much did we get here? None! It is all around us, but our snowblower worked once again and we only got rain with a very light dusting of snow that is already gone. Good snowblower! The wind is howling,though. I guess the snowblower doesn't consider dealing with wind as part of its job.

A hundred miles east of here in Lexington VA, they have almost a foot of snow. Yucko.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:05 pm

No snow here but plenty of cold. Usually it's warming into the 70s each day but it's only 57 right now and a cold as hades wind right out of the north. We've had a weird winter. It hasn't been cold at all with the exception of a day or two until now....when winter is supposed to be gone!! Enuff is enuff so someone please close the gate!!

ARK...I agree with Graymare! Goofy little donkey....they often have surprises lurking in their little heads!

Haven't seen any HT updates lately...anyone heard anything?

Need to get back and do some of what they pay me for. Y'all have a great day.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Faith's baby maker:

March 2013  - Page 2 Img0318es

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:23 pm

very nice mare....

We ran around today after hubbys' stress test, got groceries, checked out a couple of new thrift stores, mailed my drivers license renewal in...whew....about to expire....and then home to feed the crew...it was make your own dinner tonight....so I didn't have to cook! Hubby had fish stick sandwiches! I had cereal. good din din!

Ellen, glad you got to stay home...didn't sound like weather I would like to drive in either.

Indy, glad your hamster was up and runnin! LOL

Weeeeeelppppp....have a good night and sleep tight!
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:39 am

LOLOLOL Oh CB ...... that is a STUD ..... and a handsome one at that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:45 am

CB, that's the stud. I can't take good pictures with my phone. But he's a foundation bulldozer and gentle as a lamb. Easy easy laid back. Perfect for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:48 am

Are you going to breed Faith?! That's so exciting!
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 am

Graymare...he is beautiful and exactly what a QH is supposed to look like.

A bit warmer here and the 70s are on their way. The weekend looks like perfect "work the colt" kinda weather!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm

oooooops.... Embarassed no wonder i thought it was a nice really nice lookin' mare! I didn't take notice of the hangy down thingajig! He reminds me of the Drifter line of buckshins...old lines. Who's his daddy

It's nice here today....warm and sunny already....

Both hubby and I have a bug of some kind...ewwwwwwww....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Schmoozer is a great sire! Faith LOVES him.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:54 am

GRAYMARE:
Nice looking daddy! Has the deed been done? Are we expecting next year? Hurray, a new baby! wavy Are you going to name it "Scout"?

CB:
I had to go back and look after your posted your 'nice looking mare' remark Laughing . You made me look!

It has been so cold and windy this week, although I am still grateful for the lack of snow. Folks in Lexington, VA are still digging out and having power restored after a foot of snow. Sometimes it is nice when the weatherman screws up your region. Very Happy

Despite it being 36 degrees and WINDY yesterday, we went ahead and had our riding lesson. The nice thing about riding, Ivan keeps me warm. We had a fun time and I actually cantered in the arena a little! Ivan is getting pretty good at changing trotting speeds when I ask and it seems to make him a more mellow guy. He was soooo good. I expected the wind and coolness to make him antsy, but he was Mr. Mellow. We trotted most of the hour and I am not saddle sore today. I guess I am getting back in shape, at least a little.

Tomorrow: mid-50s, sunny, and no wind! I am going to ride.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:18 am

hhhmmm....you probably exercised your legs jumping up/down in the saddle while riding. Can you "sit the trot' with Ivan?

BIG NEWS here is that Carol's last night of work will be this coming Tuesday...then she will be RETIRED! I'm learning/practicing lots of ways to say "Yes, Dear".

Love to all, Rick
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 am

Rick
Congrats to Carol!!!!!!!!!! Does she have any special retirement activities planned yet? I can't imagine her sitting still long.

Yep, I can sit the trot on Ivan. It is much easier to post, though. Sitting the trot wears out my 'sit', LOL. We did a lot of 2-point trotting Thursday and that is fun, but harder on my ankles and neck. I do love these lessons, especially since Ivan has been so cooperative about it. I hope all his cooperation continues on the trail.

The day is starting out pretty here. Lots of clear blue sky!

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:40 pm

ARK, yes, Faith is bred. I'm not going to ultrasound her, I'll just wait and see if she comes into heat, which is the diff in about 12 days to wait...........meanwhile she is living with her boyfriend eating and eating grass. Kids today. What can you do? lol!

RICK, CAROL will be happy. I sure miss nursing, but I don't miss hospital administration
and the current changes in medicine. Like me, I'm sure she will keep up with her gang of hospital friends. I guess you all can do more traveling now, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Ark..."T-H-E B-A-S-E-M-E-N-T"...as in clean!!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:01 am

Graymare, congrats on a new foal coming....I thought you were done with young ones! They just get under your skin, eh? We are waiting for the pony to foal, I think it will be my last one, altho our farrier has an Appy stud....hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Rick, tell Carol Congrats! I hope she enjoys her retirement! Hubb is enjoying his...working harder here than driving truck! Rolling Eyes

Rocky got his first set of shoes on, he is 8 and seems to have a rapport with me, so he will be my replacement horse for Cinnamon and the girls have started riding her with no lameness probs so far anyway. Rocky goes to the trainer next week...then we will see....farrier worked him in the round pen and he had a dose of tranquilizer too....i don't want the farrier to get hurt, and I want Rocky to have less stress....

Raining a bit here...we need it so all is good.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:17 pm

:dance: :dance: :dance:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARA
remember that as you once said there is no fat or calories in cake and ice cream have a great day and MANY MANY MORE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Happy Birthday, CB!!! Have a very fun day!
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Happy Birthday CB ... hope it is a good one and you get to do something fun!!!!!

Our nice weather is back .... yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:20 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CB!!!

Woman's Spin On Stress
A young lady confidently walked around the room while leading and explaining

stress management to an audience with a raised glass of water.

Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question,

'half empty or half full?'... She fooled them all ....

"How heavy is this glass of water?", she inquired with a smile.

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. To 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter.

It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.

If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case it's the same weight,

but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "and that's the way it is with stress.

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy,

we won't be able to carry on."
"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again.

When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden - holding stress longer and better each time practiced.
So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down.

Don't carry them through the evening and into the night... Pick them up tomorrow.

1. Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue!
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
3. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
4. Drive carefully... It's not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.
5. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
6. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
7. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
8. Never buy a car you can't push.
9. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
10. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
11. Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
12. The second mouse gets the cheese.
13. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
14. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
15. Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
16. We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull.

Some have weird names; and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
17. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
18. Have an awesome day, and know that someone has thought about you today.
19. Save the earth..... It's the only planet with chocolate!

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 20.

Today someone asked me if I liked you. I laughed, and I said, "Ha! That's funny!

I absolutely L O V E that woman!! She's funny, caring, crazy as heck, sweet, beautiful,

she's reading this email right now & I love her!!"
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:41 pm

thanks y'all for the birthday wishes! Jessi and Joey fixed pan froed sjro,[ om seaspomg wotj vegetab;es amd baled taters amd jad cale wotj i,[teem camd;es pm ot! Good birthday dinner! Today Jessi and the girls came out and the girls had riding lessons and did really good. Brenna was on Cinny in the roundpen and when it was time to take her saddle off off she rode her by herself to the trailer and got off....and we all stood there with our mouths hangin' open. She didn't like to ride before she met Cinnamon! I think I have lost my horse, good thing I am taking Rocky to the trainers!

Warm and Sunny today and we spent it outside with the kids, so it was good birthday!

Couldn't ask for anything more! but your good wishes are appreciated...I mean ifn ya gotz to get older, it helps to have friends wishing ya the best!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:43 am

:dance: Happy Birthday, CB!!! :dance:

Hope you have had lots of no-calorie calories!!

BTW: What did you have for dinner? Laughing

GRAYMARE:
A new baby! I hope Faith took this cycle. You are more patient than me, I want to see the ultrasound fast! Laughing
Want to see Areion's first baby picture?

March 2013  - Page 2 Speckma4.th
Taken seven days past conception thru a microscope after being removed from Kazi and prior to placement into Daisy. Ain't technology grand? Very Happy

We have had the most wonderful weather this past weekend. Mid-60s and sunny! I rode Ivan on Saturday here in the arena. We practiced all our trotting exercises we have been doing and he responded great. We have another lesson this coming Thursday, but it is only going to be 39 degrees....sigh....Spring is coming. Really.

My sister, Vicki, sent me an I.D. bracelet that is really a great idea. Go to www.roadid.com to see it and others. I will be wearing it every time I take a horse off property.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am

ARK,looking back I'm not sure just what I had! Razz Embarassed how did I do that! But I had panfried shrimp in seasoning, vegetables, taters and birthday cake for dessert! All YUMMY!

Glad you are getting to ride...and yes Spring is on its way! We have been having great weather! Like the idea of the id bracelet! Your sis is smart!

Well, not much going on today...hubby wants to shoe his hoss...and I need to start packing I spose and cleaning house....never like to leave a messy house cuz then ya gotta come home to it!

Have a great day and thanks for all the birthday wishes....I have to say it was really hard turning 40 this year!

teehee.... Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Missed CB's birthday. My bad. Happy Birthday Clara!!!!

Had to put Foxy down last Friday. Sad She was my old girl (30) and it was time. Doesn't make it any easier but I know I did the right thing. She had a good 20 years with us and I hope I made her as happy as she made me.

I wish Spring would make it here. Into the low 80s the other day, cold northern wind and 60s today. Rolling Eyes

Back to work. Y'all have a great day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2013    March 2013  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2013
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next