Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

June 2013....

Go down 
+9
Graymare
NancyLee
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
cb
Beech
sunny 57
Ellen E
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

June 2013.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:06 am

Some of you may have already heard this.  It was posted on the other forum today.

On AMMI -  a note from Dot - John Conrad's daughter, Kelle, overdosed yesterday morning, and Candace's friend Deb just sent me a message about it..........she just had too many demons........such a shame.

Again, from Dot: 
I really don't know the details.  Yesterday afternoon when I checked facebook there were some posts from Kelle where she was obviously under the influence and angry, and clearly saying "goodbye cruel world" then another one on the same thread posted under her name, so, from her phone or computer, hours after the first ones, saying something like "I love you, Kelle, please let this be a nightmare."  Then this morning after I got the message from Deb, I checked Kelle's page to see of that thread was still there, or if it had been deleted.....and Margaret (HT's sister) had posted that Kelle was gone, leaving her best friend and partner and her two brothers brokenhearted.  Margaret's post was just an hour after that last post.  So, someone apparently found her, and (weirdly) posted on facebook using Kelle's profile.........I don't know who that was, but it's all so very sad and I feel like we all let her down.

Soooo much sadness for their family in such a short time.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:08 am

Well I see the sad news is already making the rounds.  Thank you DOT for explaining it all, you did it so much better than I would have.

Terrible Tstorms went thru here last night about 9:00.  It sounds as if trees are down every where, tens of thousands without power.  Fortunately for me i only had one medium size limb on the fence that I was able to flip over the side and I still have power.  Time for me to venture out into the world and see the results in person.  I was car shopping yesterday and brought one home overnight for a test drive.  Sure am glad nothing fell on it.  Now I need to take it back and negotiate a price.  It's a used Nissan Rogue and has more bells and whistles than I was looking for, but it does have what I was looking for, the rest is a bonus.  Only thing I don't like is that it is black.  Will really show the dirt so I'll have to keep up on the washing of it.

Short funny story before I take off.  While on the test drive with the salesman I explained that I would need to take off as I had another appointment in an hour but I would do some research and let him know in the morning.  He gave me the "yeah sure.  You've just been wasting my time look."  so I felt I needed to explain that the vet was coming out to give my horse a chiropactic adjustment.  He looked at me like I had just started speaking a foreign language.  At that point he must have believed I was for real because he offered me the overnight test drive.Razz
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm

So sad about John's daughter. When one is in such pain they just can't see what it will do to those they leave behind.  That family has had to endure a lot recently. Prayers and hugs for all of them.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Well, for goodness sake......I am very sorry to hear this about John's daughter.  I hope his family finds some kind of peace....Sad

INDYAPP:
 Congrats on the new car! Does it have that new car smell?  I am glad you didn't have any storm damage.   Have you ridden Tiberius lately?

ELLEN:
  That floating lawn chair sounds great! It has been so hot here lately.

RICK:
 I see you figured out how to post pix!cheers 

SUNNY:
  Thanks for the CB story.  Any news when she will be back online?

CAROL:
 Thanks!  I actually was talking to the scary bike guy, but Ivan didn't believe he was a person.  At least he didn't dump me!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 pm

I decided a long time ago, that if I was going to live at the lake, I was going to enjoy the lake.  I go swimming almost everyday that the water is warm enough.  Two Doors Over Neighbor likes to swim as much as I do, so we get out there and float around and solve all the world's problems.  It's great.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:41 am

C.B has no idea how long she will be down I will call her tomorrow to see if there is any progress on her laptop she needs her daughter to help transfer data from her old tablet to her new one and she thinks that her old one has a virus and does not want for it to transfer to the new one that is all I know
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi all.

Last April I had neck surgery, cervical laminectomy C2-6.................that gave a huge relief to back & neck pain. I have rotten degenerative arthritis and scoliosis (for years and years) so tomorrow I'm having a lumbar laminectomy and foraminotomies L1-5........my neuro surgeon is great and I'm so looking forward to getting back in the game. I look at it as a short term lay up for a long term goal. All prayers will be welcomed. I will post by Friday sometime (hopefully home late Fri). Remember ortho surgeries are painful, not serious.......metabolically I'm fine.

​Later gators. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Graymare, I pray that this will give you truly great relief so you can get back to riding and will be ready when the baby arrives next spring. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:14 pm

ELLEN, I'm still riding, just not the way I would prefer..........................LOL Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:54 pm

GRAYMARE: Lots of prayers being sent up for you and the surgery.

ELLEN: Have fun enjoying the lake, what a great place to live and be able to just jump in whenever ya feel like taking a dip.

ARK: Ivan did good with that scary thing coming his way. You managed to stay on and that is a big plus. That was a good photo, so was the photo walking on the bridge. Ivan is really turning into a super trail riding horse.

SUNNY: Tell CB we are thinking about her and hope she gets back on the forum soon.

So sad about John's daughter. Gosh...

Not much going on here, too dang hot to do much. The garden is doing good, we are watering every day. Getting the bedroom ready to paint next week. Always something to keep retirees busy.

Saturday is the big July 4th parade in Lewisburg, we will be riding in the truck along with the Purple Heart Chapter. We are entry number 119 and there are about 300 entries in the parade, it is going to be a good one..Hope it doesn't rain.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:13 pm

prayers to you Greymare, I have had laminectomy of L-4,, L-5, and s-1, and 4 years ago had a total fusion of my neck from c-1 to t-1so I know what you are about to go through, I also know that you will do great and heal fast and feel much better afterwards, take care of yourself and lots of good thoughts plus the prayers,
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 pm

SUNNY, did you have physical therapy after your surgery? Why did you have to get a scooter?

I'm very excited to get this done................
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Greymare, because of my insurance I was unable to get physical therapy, it would have made all the difference in the world, plus the surgeon I had was under contract by the hospital to do the surgery and made it clear to me and my family that he was not happy about it, so I didn't have a choice of procedures that he could have done, and when my family complained to the hospital they just said that he is the best surgeon in the state and they stand by his decisions, plus the damage to my nerves were so bad that it is a miracle that I did as well as I did, the damage in my neck took 20 years to get to the point that it was in so at this point I am glad that I can even walk at all, but I know that your situation is different and you will do great
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:43 pm

GRAYMARE:
Lots of happy, healing thoughts and prayers are winging their way to you! I hope you heal up faster than fast and are back in the saddle really soon. Did you wait to do this during the heat of your summer so your winter riding would be clear and pain-free? Sounds like a good plan. ((((((Syd)))))

ELLEN:
It is great you live where you love. Your neighbors definitely sound wonderful. And swimming every warm day sounds delicious!

SUNNY:
I bet it is warm in mid-Florida right now. Are you getting around on your scooter well?

TRUDY:
Thanks. Ivan could have been, and has been, much worse! The last two rides we have been on, he has been pretty great. That scary bike thing incident could have gone so much worse. Thank goodness we have worked A LOT on one-rein stops. It worked. I think he has matured quite a bit in the past year, too. He is still a highly reactive guy sometimes, but a sweetheart most of the time.

Our new tractor is in the tractor hospital. There is something wrong with the PTO gears or gearbox or something. Donnie misses it.....He used Mini-Me, the lawn tractor, to scrap the arena this evening to get in his tractor fix. sunny

Tomorrow my riding instructor is coming for an Ivan lesson here. Then Friday we are going to an ACTHA ride clinic in Ivanhoe, VA, then to the competition on Saturday. We won't get home until Sunday. Donnie and Annie will be running back and forth to take care of our animals, Ivanhoe is only 50 miles away.

It poured about 3 inches of rain this afternoon and more thunderstorms are predicted for the next few days......I hope they go around us! The front of our barn got flooded today, so we had a nice mess to clean up. That rain came down fast and hard.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:52 pm

ARK, YES MAAM. And I had Faith bred so she could just eat all summer in the mtns and come home in the fall when I'm good to go. I'll ride her a bit to keep her in shape this fall and then be ready for her baby.

That's the plan...............hoping God sees it that way too!

I hope John Dear is fixed soon.

Have a great time this week end ARK!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:09 pm

I hope we hear from Graymare about her surgery.

It's a perfectly gorgeous day. Sunny with a few puffy clouds, warm, but breezy. A day that makes a person feel happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:40 pm

Back. I'm sorry I didn't post last night. Friends are great but they helicoptered in, we ate and blabbed, then they sent me to bed................Fun but what can I say? I think I told them never to return until the foal is here. Hope they knew I was kidding and it's pain meds that say that. Otherwise I'm friendless. Each time they asked what they co uld do to help I told them windows and dusting. LOL, they left. Plus I hate meds so will call today to get something not so strong. Percocet might bury me. I can tell already my legs aren't tingly or numb etc.

Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Hotel Inquiry

I think every human should get a chance to read this!
Therefore, I am sending it on.

"Dogs Welcome"

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit on his vacation. He wrote: “I would very much like to bring my dog with me. He is well-groomed and very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"
An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who wrote: SIR: "I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls. I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. And, I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel. And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too."
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Graymare, it's good news to hear that all went well, and that you can already feel improvement from the surgery. Your friends have known you for a long long time; I'm sure they'll figure out some way to get even for you telling them to disappear. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 12:07 am

Hurray,  GRAYMARE is home and already doing better!  wavy I hope you keep some pain meds of some sort, just in case you need them.  I am a great believe in non-pain!  Take care and let your friends do your windows Very Happy , then send them here to do mine....

Ivan and I are back from the Actha ride in Ivanhoe, VA.  The weather turned out great, the trails were beautiful, and I didn't get dumped this time!  Ivan was a major pill, he just does not like staying overnight in a strange stall. He paced and worried and pushed on the door until he nearly broke the latch.  I got called away from dinner last night to come stay with him while they fixed the door.  I ended up sleeping on a cot in front of his stall to calm him down.  I got about three hours of sleep listening to him fret, but finally eat and drink a little.

Today at the ride, he was nervous.  He also doesn't like big crowds of horses, speaker systems, and weird activities.  We completed all the obstacles, he didn't toss me, but I had to work to keep him at the speed I wanted, he was not mellow until near the end of the ride.   He did do what I wanted, just fretted about it.  We probably didn't get a very good score, I won't know for a day or two, but we did at least complete the obstacles and they were not as easy as usual this time.  

I think I will try to attend rides that don't require overnight stays.  He would probably do them better.  He was VERY happy to get home and see his girls this evening!  Areion apparently called for him all last night.  

Two pix taken by the ride photographer:
Attachments
June 2013.... - Page 4 AttachmentIvan-ACTHA-Jn2013a-EMAIL.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(183 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
June 2013.... - Page 4 AttachmentIvan-ACTHA-Jn2013b-EMAIL.jpg
One photo of us trotting up a hill. The other of the first obstacle: a fake campsite complete with smokey campfire, tent with legs sticking out of it, weird stuffed or inflatable animals, and lots of camping junk. We had to stroll through all that.
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(150 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:27 pm

sounds like despite Ivan being nervous you both did great, not getting dumped is a blessing, and I bet with time Ivan will get better at being away from his mares, glad the weather was good, and hope you did well
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Good job, Ark. Sometimes we have to look back to see where we've been to see how far we've come. Think about where you started with him when you got him. You've come a long way, baby. The fun part is that you still have more to do and farther to go.

Rick, huh? All that shows is some numbers, and .jpg. Wanna try again?

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:09 pm

OK...bear with me...I am trying to self-teach myself on how to do photos. Foops are good subjects for my testing.

IF I can get it, I'm trying to show a pix of the Weim puppy that is Kid Cameron's.

Be back later...gotta let pup "out"
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:06 pm

I really want to do this....
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 pm

2nd attempt...
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:14 pm

OBVIOUSLY I have no clue about what to do to post a pic. from my computer. 3rd to the LEFT of the YouTube thing is what I'm trying to use and getting no where fast.Mad Embarassed 

Sorry...but this is just a bit beyond my skill level description.

Love to all,

Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 2013....   June 2013.... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

June 2013....
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next