Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2013 !!

Go down 
+6
sunny 57
Indyapp
Graymare
Ellen E
Rick Angell
Ark
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

July 2013 !! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:26 pm

ELLEN, the mare is only 11 or 12.......................
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 7:28 pm

I guess I should have said 'long time' friend, rather than 'old' friend.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Areion had her first lesson with Lori today.  They got along really well! Lori says Areion did good.  They did lunging work first, then round pen work.   The 90 degree plus incredibly high humidity didn't slow either of them down.  I sat in the shade.Cool   We were all drenched in sweat.  After her lesson, Areion got a nice bath and was in very good spirits.  She loves a bath.

They are going to work once a week for awhile.  I bet Lori will be on Areion within three more lessons.  maybe less.  I have to find out if I have a girth that will fit her, she has gotten a bit fat this summer.  

And I remember looking in that microscope at that little Speck and thinking, I am going to ride this horse some day.....Very Happy .....Soon!

July 2013 !! - Page 4 Q1je   July 2013 !! - Page 4 Qdif  July 2013 !! - Page 4 Jbot
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:25 am

great pics ARK.........LOL, Lori has has number!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:28 am

LOL, Lori has her number! Aerion sure looks great.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:22 am

She sure is a beauty Ark ..... glad she did well.... Amazing how time flies; doesn't seem like that long ago that she was just a cute foal. Enjoy!!!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:52 pm

ARK: Nice photo of Areion. Can't believe how grown up se is already. Dexter lives up to his name, he is a killing machine, mice, birds, bugs and he has fought the other male half grown cats until they left the area or he killed them too.. He is Dexter...my favorite serial killer...Twisted Evil 

CAROL: I found little yellow a home, but she can't take him until the 28 as she is on vacation. Hope he manages to hang in here until then, can't allow him in the house with Sassy & Ace...They are not good at sharing their house with anyone.

GRAYMARE: Great out come for the mare...as hard as it is for us to part with our friends, there are just circumstances that dictate we must do it. George just gave his beloved Beagles to our son's best friend. The girls are now living at the farm where my horse Mack went to live...just knowing they have a great home makes it so much easier. Rick and his kids will take great care of them. Nothing like great friends to lend a hand when one is needed. We are a bunch of very blessed Foops to have special friends like we have.

ELLEN: What a great place to live and enjoy the lake on a daily basis, there is nothing better that a great community to live in.

Jill can't have her surgery until Sept. She has to allow her bladder to start to heal before the doctors will operate on her. OMG...Plus she has to go to Philly for the operation. What a nightmare for her. Poor kid, but at least now she has made peace with the entire nightmare and is dealing a lot better.

This is supposed to be our last HOT day. Thank God, this heat is wearing everyone down..A nice cool 80 degree day will be welcomed. LOL

Stay cool everyone..

Love & prayers...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Ark, Areion looks great. Can you work with her between Lori visits, doing the same thing she is doing?

Whew! It's been a busy morning. License branch to register jetski; took computer to the shop; ran up to Bristol to get new shock cord for the kayak; back to pick up computer (thankfully); to the grocery for a few things; and finally home in the cool of the AC.
Our license branch is soooo easy, compared to the ones in Indy. I walked right in, immediately sat down with the clerk, walked out about 10 minutes later with all the paperwork done. Back in Indy, it could mean at least a two hour wait.

Trudy, I knew you'd find a home for that kitten. Smile 

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:27 pm

TRUDY:
Yep, I knew Dexter was a serial killer.   affraid   I am glad the kitten found a new home!  

ELLEN:
 I am not going to practice with Areion until Lori has her going a bit more.  Next time she is going to desensitize Areion to the saddle and assorted stuff.  This should go fast since I had one on her when she was 6 or 8 weeks old.  Areion has a headstart with a lot of things.  I never put a bit in her mouth, although have my fingers in her mouth all the time.  Lori is a good trainer. She spent four years working with Tommy Turvy, the trick trainer.

July 2013 !! - Page 4 Smilingareiondiane   July 2013 !! - Page 4 Areionplayingcone

The pink saddlepad was made by Candace.....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Those pics are really sweet ARK...........esp seeing the special pad Candace made.

Whew, busy here today...........over to Kohl's for their rug sale (60% off plus additional 20% if you use Kohl's card) so that was all a good deal..................then over to Camping World for a cou[[le of seals we need............then home. Got home & TL wanted 2 more of the small rugs
at Kohl's (24" X 30") so went back. I drove to Kohl's both times.

Got home, kids came over and we went to Costco. They bought stuff, I didn't. Anyhow, I walked all of it today and did great.

Inch by inch. I did my treadmill only once today but just finished my swimming.

Now I'm on my butt typing but feel good

Everyone have a good evening. God bless.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Good going Graymare .... You are getting there now by leaps and bounds.

I got to go for a ride today ... Pat & Becca, Ice and I, and Midge .... It was just great .... perfect weather and we saw 2 monarch butterflies and lots of wild flowers ... a real treat as we had heard monarchs are getting to be a bit rare .... ready for a nap when we got home. I am hoping the lower humidity weather sticks around for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:11 pm

CAROL:wavy 
I am glad you are back to riding! ClappingHands  I don't think I have ever seen a Monarch butterfly around here. Lots of yellow ones, blue ones and black ones, but no orange ones. Butterflies are so pretty, but I mostly see them perched on horsey doo Rolling Eyes . I sincerely hope your low humidity weather reaches us and stays for awhile. We are still getting thunderstorms every day....muggy city.

GRAYMARE:
Who needs the treadmill when you have retail therapy? Very Happy  Good deal on those rugs. I love finding deals like that.

TRUDY:
I have gotten our 'Dexter', named Giles, to finally start eating in the cat carrier. Unbeknownst to him, but beknownst to us, when I get him in it before 9 a.m. on a weekday, he is going for the BIG SNIP. That should cure his Dexterism. He beats up on Spookette and Spooky, our shorthaired black cats, but doesn't bother Wizard, our longhaired black cat. Wizard outweighs Giles by at least 10 pounds and with that long hair, looks like he outweighs him by 15 pounds. Giles ain't stupid.

ELLEN:
Areion did a funny thing during her lesson. After they did a lot of lunging and then round pen work, Areion and Lori stood looking at one another with the lunge whip's string stretched out on the ground between them. Areion slowly reached down and picked up her end of the string and held it for a minute or so while staring at Lori. They looked like they were going to swing a jump rope together. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Well, I guess that proves she isn't afraid of the whip. Laughing  Good job on the desensitizing.

All the troops arrived today, except for one who will get here on Tuesday. Let the fun begin. It was so good to see the friends from Charlotte, the ones we went to visit in February. Rick, you met them at the carving show.

Gonna be a fun busy week.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Graymare, do the seals do tricks? throw balls or balance them on their noses....huh huh?Razz 

We have a Monarch Butterfly trail ride coming up in September here at the State Park, I would really like to go on it, but it cost 50 bucks a rider, so maybe not! They say there are thousands and thousands of them out there.

I had a morning at the ER and a female doc and nurse who were bitches from hell....there is nothing else that describes them.....
Finally shift change and I got a nurse who was a biker dude and pony tail down to his butt....and he got my IV in and got me the much needed meds, and was just WONDERFUL! He has suggested to us to go talk to pt. advocate about the attitudes of the doctor and nurse. I have been here since end of October....I had my colonoscopy/endoscopy done on the 18th and they only saw the date that I got versed...the stuff to put me out for the procedure...and said I was seeking drugs coming in today.....OH YES they did! Grrrrrrrrr. Then they tried to give me drugs I am allergic too, said they didn't see it listed on the chart....I thought my hubby was going to be arrested....oh my he was po'ed...he had just told them ten minutes before what I had allergies to.....anyway whatever my biker dude nurse gave me did the trick, he got the IV in very first try like he promised....and I felt no more pain....ahhhhhh....nice.....
I've been sleeping most of the day....feel much better....Tim is my hero.:dance: 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm

CB, sorry you had such a lousy experience in the E R.........Did you get Dr appts to get fixed up?
It's no fun, but all I can say is "gitterdun" I sure didn't want any surgeries, but I reached a point where I didn't want to watch life from the sidelines or be benched. The first 10 days after any surgery are awful, then inch by inch it's a hair better. I am now 3 weeks after the second surgery and can feel and know I did the right thing. My neuro surgeon said I will be back in the game in 4 mos.............I'm still weak and sore, for sure, but moving. This too shall pass. I finally came to the conclusion I couldn't wait until I was too weak to ever regain my strength and coordination.
God is good and I made up my mind if I was going to have the surgeries, I was going to work hard at recovery......actually it's my job right now. After all, I have a foal coming in Feb (as far as I know, anyhow). GO FOR IT! I hope you feel better today.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 pm

yep, you will be all healed and rarin to go by the time that new foal hits the ground, Graymare!

With me, it will take some time for the insurance to get their ducks in a row...I go in and have an endoscopy done under general anesthesia first....that isn't untl August 20th....I'm going to see if the doc can do my knees at the same time.....I'll be out and can get them both done.....and then hopefully I'll find out if they could repair anything with the endoscopy.....or if I will need something else.....so am hoping they find out......

Hope y'all got to ride or do something fun over the weekend. Now we want to hear what cha's been up to!

I know Pam Clark had a birthday recently....Happy Birthday a bit belated Pam, hope it was all good!wavy :dance: 

Ark, it sounds like they were sizing each other up....hmmmmmm....that may be the turning point for your mare to get down and get it all done! I think its funny when you can see a lightbulb going off when they look at you a certain way....its like they are saying...OK...I'm game, willing, and you are my alfpha mare....so now lets boogie!popcorn cyclops 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Yes, CB, it does take a bit of arranging in getting the ins co's lined up.............I sure hope on Aug 20th you can get the work and answers you need.............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:38 pm

well, got some good news today....biopsies from polyps came back negative for cancer....so no cancer up my arse! woohoo!bounce Neutral  They need to put me under with general anesthesia for the endoscopy, there is some kind of blockage there....so y'all hum.....scheduled for Aug 20...wish me luck.

Humidity has even knocked hubby for a loop today....whew....the dogs are underneath camper or horsetrailer for some cooler spots to lay and dive in the horse troughs for a cool down swim ..once inawhile....I know my jeans were stuck to me like a second skin this morning.....we went and talked with the hospital advocate and head of the ER.....they both said it will be looked into and dealt with. We also told them how nice the biker dude nurse was and that he deserved a raise in my book. Then we went to tractor supply to get puppy milk , to the HEB grocery store to buy luncheon meat and cheese as they have the cheapest prices on that and their soda is the cheapest anywhere in town....and then on home where we watered everyone and sprayed the horses and ourselves and then came inside and took a nap! ahhhhhhhhh....

We are watching Spiderman now, or hubby is, I'm playing on here.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:10 pm

CB, GREAT NEWS!!! Prayers endoscopy goes well and that you can get your knees fixed at the same time or at least get them done soon...........time for you to get better, too!

Here in AZ it's awful, also..............but, just remember, winter is good...........
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 pm

OH I LOVE THE WINTERS HERE! Summers not so much, I have to admit. But I love riding in nov or dec....in a tank top no less. We will winter here for sure, but we are hoping to get our bodies up and running good and travel a bit in the summer heat...to somewhere cooler. Then after we do that for a couple of summers we will have to settle down and become old fogies. I don't know how I will do that! Can someone give me any pointers? I didn't think so! LOL:bounce: sunny lol! :dance: 
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:33 pm

CB:
Good news! I am glad that you are okay with the one procedure and hope the other goes as well. You've had a tough week.....

GRAYMARE:
We are getting a little break from the heat, it was only around 80 degrees or so here, it felt really nice. We still got our daily rain, though. Donnie is getting nervous about the weather and getting the hay cut. The only decent hay making weather we have had was the last week in May.

This afternoon we put Ivan's saddle on Areion to see if the girth would fit. Barely. So I have ordered a bigger girth and a set of splint boots for her. Areion didn't care a bit that we were plopping that saddle pad and saddle on her, then girthed her up. She's such a good baby. Lori shouldn't have any problems with this step. Next lesson is on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:31 am

LOL, RICK, that's Congress..............or some director of education.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:19 pm

That's it, Graymare! I was trying to think of a comparison. It could also be a politician's speech. Lots of words, no meaning.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Today is the day Ark............hope we get a report.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I had brunch here at my house for all the visiting relatives and my neighbors. There were 17 of us, 18 if you include the 11 month old. Sausage gravy and biscuits, quiche, mixed fruit, cantelope, and cresent roll/cream cheese/cinnamon thing for dessert. Younger cousin and husband provided the quiche, and a neighbor brought the cresent roll thing. Nobody left hungrry. Even though I told three of them not to clean up, they did it anyway, so all I did was cook a little and enjoy the crowd. Now, we're ready to go play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 2013 !!   July 2013 !! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2013 !!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next