Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

December 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:50 am

Hey, Ark! Today is the shortest day. Now they start getting longer again. Hooray!!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi all! Just dropping by to wish one and all a Very Happy Christmas!

I haven't posted in a while, after my BIG Adventure post about travelling on the Ferry to Wales disappeared! No, I wasn't vexed!  Cool  But I just went on another trip to Scotland right after and then got tied up with organising and running more TREC stuff this Autumn.

ARK - I will post on here later all about Scotland and going to the real far North (Sutherland) - it was absolutely beautiful, peaceful and atmospheric. I was just reading the December postings on here to catch up and I see you are really getting on great with both Kazi and Areion, that must give you a real thrill.

CB - I won't be in TX this year for the holiday break, son only has the kiddies for 5 days, then they go to their Mum on the 26th, so it was not worth that trip for such a short time.
Sooo, I'm heading off to Scotland, tomorrow, to be with my sister and brother at her house. And will probably visit at Spring Break instead. Very Happy 

Rick - sorry to read about your brother. I bet he enjoys your visits though, I think you share the same sense of humor!  Wink 

And Ellen, Yay, I share your feelings about today! Shortest day, tomorrow will be longer, and so on..... Though we had a great Autumn here in Ireland this year, really mild, not to much rain, lots of sun, it certainly made the season feel short and hard to believe it when December arrived.

Anyway, I will stop now - got packing to do.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, one and all!  hug 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Ark - sorry, meant Ivan!  Embarassed 
TTFN and talk soon.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:43 pm

RICK:
I am sorry about your brother's health. I sure hope and pray that he will recover fully.....

SILVERDANCER:
Safe and VERY FUN TRIP!!Thanks for the complement!.... I knew you meant Ivan.. Very Happy ...Wish I could ride Kazi, too, but those days are gone. She is still limping, so her bones haven't settled down with her glue on shoes. Donnie and I suspect we will be lucky to have her another year.
I am sorry you lost the post, I was really looking forward to your trip report! Merry, merry and Happy, happy!

ELLEN: :dance: 
It has been a very nice winter solstice! 65 degrees and no rain so far. It is coming tonight. We got lots done getting ready for our weekly drenching today. Donnie got the manure compost pile all nicely piled up with his tractor, Maximus, and moved about 30 square bales of hay from the garage to the barn with the lawn tractor, Mini-me. We got in and stacked a truck load of firewood yesterday and another today, and did our regular barn cleaning chores. Busy, busy, but nice since it was so pleasant outside. We both have our Christmas shopping done and only have to do grocery shopping before the Big Day. I think we'll have ham this year. And to top it all off, tomorrow will be several seconds longer than today!  wavy  A good day. We are celebrating it tonight with freshly made peanut butter oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips and coffee  Drool .

SUNNY:
Thanks! I am very happy with Areion, she just gets better all the time. Lori is doing such a good job with her and Areion is responding really well. She is a blast to ride, so big and much smoother at the trot than Ivan, who is the Little Engine Who Could, but works at what Areion makes look easy. I am going to have to get a taller mounting block, I have trouble getting on her with my little step stool that is perfect for Ivan. It has been such fun 'creating' this horse from scratch! Donnie calls it 'whittling my own horse'  Laughing  .
Hope you have a fabulous Christmas, Dawn!

CB:
You had better get over this rash of illnesses! (Ooops, I shouldn't have said 'rash' to you. Don't get that, either.) My blood pressure seems to have mostly stabilized and I am off meds for it, but I have given up most everything related to artificial sweeteners, most sugars (not counting tonight's cookies), trans-fats, fried most things, most breads and wheat stuff (with some cereal days for breakfast), and have been doing the 5/2 Fast Diet since last April. I have lost 18 pounds since then! I think that is what has brought down my blood pressure the most, losing the weight. I also am a vitamin D and pro-biotic fanatic, which I think has helped me a lot. After my big health scare last year, I have been trying hard to get back to a normal existence. Normal for me, anyway.... Now you get better, too!

GRAYMARE:
What did you bake? I live mostly vicariously, although tonight has been deliciously different. We have been trying to get more gluten free, thus the oatmeal peanutbutter cookies tonight. I don't think gluten bothers me, but Donnie has joint pains and we are trying to see if it helps him to get off of it.
Is Faith fat yet?

CAROL:
What are you doing this winter? How is Midge?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:10 am

Rick, I forgot to send my good vibes for your brother...I know strokes are not fun....so I'm sending the bestest get well, get stronger, get everything back that nasty ol stroke took. The sooner the better too! Hant tough!

Ark, I am trying....havn't a clue as to why its doing this....docs don't know either....so now I need to see my primary doc to get a referral to heart doctor that Hubby sees and let her take it from here.....sigh....losing weight would be definitely a good thing for me....and you were looking good in those pictures....really young and spry! Good for you! I'm happy for anyone who can lose the weight and feel better!

Idaho has snow! teehee.....texas doesn't! tee!

SilverD, next time you come to texas you let us know....we are planning on traveling during the summer months if it all works out financially and medically ....with us ol fogies.

Ellen, I didn't even know they were expectin! Congrats! They really found out how to do it huh! LOL Hope they will be home by Christmas and it was nothing serious! Want pics of course!

Trudy, I bet you do miss your job, you are a people person....and you jump in a car with another redhead dressed in cow outfit and go cross state line to have fun with other people! tongue Wink fun!

Neighbors here aren't the friendliest....we know a few and the others will wave..Missouri was great neighbors...I miss that I really do. Mtn. Home was alright but not even close to MO....and Hammett ID was awful! Snobs! So there are good places and bad places/neighbors. Good luck Sunny! Just be friendly and smile, if nothing else it will make everyone else wonder what you are up to when you smile and seem so happy go lucky!.. I love you Rolling Eyes Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:39 am

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:32 pm

This is from the local online news. I think you'll like it.

http://www.staceypageonline.com/2013/12/20/readers-share-christmas-photos/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 pm

GRAYMARE: Yup, the snow was beautiful on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, by Friday is was turning ugly and by yesterday it was 60 degrees and now we have MUDDDDDDDDD. We are going to have a very Merry Muddy Christmas here in PA.

RICK: So sorry to hear about your brother. Prayer being sent up for him.

ELLEN: Oh my gosh what a horrible thing to have happen in your neighborhood. One never knows. Talk about a Fatal Attraction. WOW Conrats on the new baby in the neighborhood.

CB: Keep a close eye on that blood pressure. Just hang out and enjoy the holidays.

If I don't get back on here on Christmas, I want to wish all my Foop friends and their families a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 am

New CB photos!

CB and Harry on Rocky and Tank. San Angelo State Park

Jessi on Max, Joey on Tank

Bailey age 7 1/2 on King.  Breena, 12 on Cinnamon.  Audrey 10 1/2 on Zeus.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:50 am

GREAT family and pictures CB……………..it looks like it was a fabulous day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:55 am

ELLEN:
Those were cute photos! Thanks! How's the baby? How is her big sister taking the competition?

CB:
Very nice pix of you and the family!!  wavy  Looks like you were having a great time! I'll send your photos back to you.

TRUDY:
We never got any snow, but wow, the rain has been tremendous! Mud City. We were 65 degrees over the weekend and will be about 31 tomorrow....We have been spoiled, I want those warm temps to stay! We have a 30 percent chance of snow tomorrow, which is okay on Christmas Eve, but it can go away soon thereafter.

My presents are done, Donnie is off work until the New Year, and except for the house looking like a tornado swept through, I am ready for Christmas. Kumquat 'helped' wrap the final presents and there is ribbon everywhere. She likes swatting those balls of ribbon around and unraveling them.

This morning Kumquat and I sat in bed reading when we heard a noise in the ceiling. We watched a mouse walk across the skylight, which is inside the attic. Kumquat was thrilled. I was less so.  affraid 

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:20 am

Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:30 am

Ark, you can keep the pics if you like. Thanks for posting them for me. I've got some lil cowgirls for now! As they get older who knows, but for right now they love those horses! My three never out grew them, they all still have horses!...so ya never know! But I'll take whatever they will give! I was informed today by Brenna I was going to teach her to drive! LOL....she didn't want anyone else doing it. She said I got her to ride, I got her on a bike, and I just believe in her so I can teach er to drive! WOW! I think I had tears in my eyes. Her Dad just looked at me speechless which is a miracle for him, he rattles on like the kids! LOL.....

We had our Xmas dinner on Sunday evening and our Christmas this morning....I gotz lots of smelly things and slippers with heat and vibration, hubby got a small dvd player and lots of movies....the girls made out like bandits, they like to do craft things, so they got lots of that type of items, warm hats and mittens, boots, my lil ponies....they say they can't have toooooo many ponies! LOL They also got an xbox and that kept them busy most of the day It was a very nice xmas day....all except for my doctor calling me to come in at 2 p.m. so I went in and he put me on some different BP med...so we will try it and see.....here's hoping it will work. ...and then we went back to Jessi's and had leftovers for dinner and then went to see the Christmas light display the city has up on the river banks of the Concho River that runs along their river walk here. It is very pretty to walk or fish along the river and there are two bridges that cross the river for walkers and bikers. They really did a nice job of it. So now we are vegging.....yawning.....and trying to figure out if the skunk that we smell got the dogs that are outside. Otto may just have to stay out for the night and get a bath tomorrow.....whewwwwwweeeeeee.....what an ending to an otherwise great day!
Sweet Dreams. My HUMS going out to all those families that can't be together right now or are missing a loved one wherever or whatever the reason being....be safe and strong.
Merry Christmas to all foops and foopettes! Have a great day and celebrate the reason for the season! Hope y'all get some great goodies!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:34 am

CB, those are great pictures. What a fun day!

Yes, Mommy and Baby came home today. Little Miss Scarlett wants to 'help', but she's a bit too small in the britches. So, she got to spend some extra time next door with Great-nana and Grandpa.

The temperature is dropping like crazy today and tonight. It's going to be cold for Christmas, but probably not much snow. The big snow we had a week ago, is all gone.

I'm heading to the cousins tomorrow and will be there at least through Christmas Day, and maybe a little longer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:58 am

great pictures CB .... pretty horses, cute kids!!!!!

Have a great time Ellen, travel safe!!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you.....

Carol

\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:52 am

Back to Sunday: I ran to Lowes, then back. On my way home I stopped at Walgreen's. The way I drive I always park on the end (easy in, easy out). I got out of the car and off to my left, out about 50 ft. something moved (empty lot). I looked again and it moved again. I walked that way and it was a puppy. I walked toward it and called and it waddled right toward me. I then picked it up. Oh heavens, what a quandry. I sure didn't need a pup, but I put it in my car. I then headed toward the store door and saw several people.....they were having a pet adoption and had lost the puppy. At first I didn't say anything as I felt if they lost a pup and didn't know it, they were a bit irresponsible. I then heard them talking and two people were out searching so I walked up and told them I had found the pup........then, I walked back down to my car and got her and brought her up. All the pups were black lab type mixes. She was SO CUTE and loving and so glad to be placed in the big pen with her brothers and sisters. There were kids and families there choosing puppies so I'm sure someone chose her, too.

I was relieved as I'm not ready for another puppy yet..........it was hard to leave her as once you give/have that puppy hug, it's hard to let go. Of course, she is still in my heart and mind................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Graymare, do you hear from the lady who has Oliver? The last we heard, he was in the lap of luxury and loving every minute of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Yes, ELLEN…………..he continues to sit right there…….his mom moved back to TX so he wears a bigger hat………..She is into cutting and I guess he struts his stuff around her gang………..he goes wherever she goes. She is crazy about him and vice verse……………..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Merry Christmas!   Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:58 pm

ARK & DONNIE, that is beautiful……thank you.

Our family and gang will be here in about 40 minutes…….ham is ready, mashed potatoes are ready and in the warm oven, green beans are ready to steam, mmmmmmmm, rolls………the rest is coming potluck so I'm not sure what else is at the feast…………I'm sure pie and cake, etc……….fudge, brownies prob………………….let the festivities begin.

Today we had friends drop over two diff times…………we gabbed and mostly went out with Faith.

Tomorrow we are going out of town for a week…………….we're off galavanting with some friends……then home New Year's Day.

I will try to get on in the morning to wish MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Lots of love to everyone…………………...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Merry Christmas!   Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Merry Christmas, Foopies!  I hope you will all have a happy celebration.  Ours will be spread out over two days to accommodate all the family.  Warmest wishes and hugs to you all. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:01 am

mERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A SWEET GOODNIGHT! Now y'all better get to bed so Santa can come!
Have a great holiday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:08 am

CB! Did you get the package yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:21 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Have a safe & wonderful Christmas day whatever your plans are. 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:18 am

YES, MERRY CHRISTMAS TODAY! Everyone remember Jesus is reason for the season!
Let your heart be filled and be blessed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:39 am

rendeer santa   :dance:  from my family to yours, have a verry merry christmas an a very happy and healthy new year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   

Back to top Go down

December 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next