Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

December 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:39 am

rendeer santa   :dance:  from my family to yours, have a verry merry christmas an a very happy and healthy new year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Merry Christmas all!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:37 pm

NancyLee, no I havn't! but now I will be waiting by the mailbox!

Our Christmas was taking the dogs for a run around the property, they ran, I walked and watched! Hubby did Cinnamons shoes, and I made a yummy Beef Stew...we already had our big Christmas Dinner, and I'm still eating the leftover ham! LOL....but that's fine. The dogs loved their ham, gravy, and bread lunch! They got their treat! Horses got shredded wheat treats.

Hope everyone had a great day! Stay safe in all the travels, and stay thankful!

Our BullDog, Otto got skunked so he had to have a special bath today....he stood there like such a good boy while we lathered him up with dawn dish soap, baking soda and peroxide....it works rather well actually! He still has a bit of smell around his face yet, but not bad.....he must have got it right in the face, poor boy. affraid 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:55 pm

GRAYMARE and ELLEN:
Safe trip! And have lots of fun, too!

SUNNY:
You are sounding good! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. santa 

RICK:
Did you get Carol a new dishwasher for Christmas?  Laughing  Donnie wishes he got me one, he spent all afternoon fixing ours. I cleaned the barn, he worked on the dishwasher that leaked water all over the floor yesterday. We both got done before dinner this evening. The dishwasher is running smoothly now.

CB:
PeeUUU! There is nothing quite like skunk smell on a dog. Then as you clean it off, it is then skunk smell on you, too!  No 

NANCY LEE:
It's great to see you here! What happened to your avatar? I will try to fix that. How are you and Jim doing?

TRUDY:
The wind has finally stopped howling here, how is it in PA? It was very cold here with the windchill, but at least we had actual sunshine today!  wavy 

We had a nice Christmas Day. We didn't go anywhere, but it was very pleasant with so few people on the road passing our house and the sunshine. We didn't open our presents until after lunch. Donnie gave me a very nice breast collar for Ivan that will match his bridle. I hope to try it out tomorrow. I have been fighting breast collars for some time and have at least four of them that I don't like. This new one should be just right.

Dinner was ham, green bean casserole, fresh baked bread, potato salad and cranberry sauce.  Drool  We have enough leftovers that I won't have to cook for several days.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Carol W

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:23 am

We had a great gather for Christmas dinner in the clubhouse. Really good food and good company.

The Beef Stew and Ark's meal sounds pretty tasty too. So now all the excitement slows down but the reason for the season is still alive and well. Let us not forget it.

(((( ))))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:54 am

Happy Birthday Nancy Lee! Hope you have a great day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:18 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:28 am

'Twas the month after Christmas,
> and all through the house,
> Nothing would fit me,
> not even a blouse.
>
> The cookies I'd nibbled,
> the chocolate I'd taste
> At the holiday parties
> had gone to my waist.
>
> When I got on the scales
> there arose such a number!
> When I walked to the store
> (less a walk than a lumber),
>
> I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
> The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
> The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
> And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
>
> As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
> And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...
> I said to myself, as I only can,
> "You can't spend a Summer, disguised as a man!"
>
> So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
> Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
> Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
> Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
>
> I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
> I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
> I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie.
> I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
>
> I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore...
> But isn't that what January is for?
> Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
> Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.
>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:46 am

ARK: Our weather turned COLD and today it is snowing. So much for a nice white Christmas on Christmas Day. LOL With the wind chill it was 6 degrees yesterday. The mud is gone and frozen ground has taken it's place. A crazy month of December weather.

CB: EEEWWWWWWWWW poor doggie.

We had a quiet Christmas. Talked to all the kids on the phone. Some of them are sick and we have a house rule. Don't bring any sickness here, come over when you are feeling better. The grand kids are all teenagers (except for 2 that live in Pittsburgh) so they can wait for their presents until everyone is feeling better.

We made a huge tray of lasagna for Christmas dinner, it makes great left overs. I'll send some to our neighbors today. No cooking today...

We went to candlelight service at church on Christmas Eve. So beautiful, all those candles. There were around 900 people at each service. Candle light service brings out the people.

Good grief..on the news there was a Christmas dinner at a church and someone stole the workers coats. So sad..

Ace received some new toys from Santa and guess what he played with. The cardboard box, just like a little kid. LOL He is a nutty dog.

Have a wonderful day recuperating from the Christmas food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:49 am

happy birthday Nancy Lee hope you have a wonderful day
we had a good christmas, ate lots of ham, mashed potatoes, dressing, green bean casarole, ad lots of pies and cakes, more desserts than dinner, and yes, cookies made by the grandkids, they all got tablets for christmas, a grea time was had by all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:49 am

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas. It's been fun visiting with relatives and eating too much and opening surprises. A little later I will head for home and back to whatever normal is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Happy Birthday, NANCY LEE!!

:dance: :dance:  Hope you are having a great one!

RICK:
Cute pup photo! I don't have a dog anymore, but I have a cat who runs to see if I am on my last breath when I sneeze. Does this count?  Laughing 

TRUDY:
Ugg. PA definitely has worse weather than ours. We've had lots of cold, too much wind, some ice, but hardly a flake of snow. Our mud is frozen, but since we are supposed to get up to 50 by the weekend, the mud will be back soon.  tongue  BUT: did you notice the day was longer by 15 seconds yesterday?  cheers 

We've been to get two more loads of nice dry firewood today already. The guy is going to run out of seasoned wood soon, so we've been storing it up. Donnie's little woodshed remains roofless, but it is still a good place to store wood off the ground. He'll get the roof done soon. He has the beginnings of a cold coming on, so the roof may have to wait a little while.

The sun is shining and it's 40 degrees!  sunny  Nice day here.....

Back to top Go down
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:32 am

Hello! Thank you for the birthday wishes. It's the last birthday in the fifties.... next one will be the big 6-0.. Did everyone have a good Christmas? We spread ours out over 2 days, to accommodate all the people and places we needed to be. It was more relaxed that way, but I'm glad it's over, anyway.

I have a beautiful torquoise-coloured opal bracelet that Jim and Mom got me for my birthday. Love it. I'm a sucker for opals, and for the colour torquoise...

ELLEN, that's quite the story about the shooting. Very sad. But wonderful about Scarlet's new sister.

Must go, taking Bardi to a vet appt first thing in the morning.

Hugs to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:13 am

IMPOSSIBLE for Nancy Lee to be "that old". I mean we've ALL seen her pic. singing into the microphone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:16 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:57 am

Something I shamelessly copied from another web site.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

APHORISM - A short, pointed sentence that expresses a wise or clever observation, or a general truth.

1) The nicest thing about the future - it always starts tomorrow.

2) Money will buy an excellent dog, but only kindness will make it wag its tail.

3) If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have much sense either...

4) Seat belts are not as restricting as wheelchairs.

5) A good time to keep your mouth shut, is when you are in deep water.

6) Why does it take so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark, to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?

7) Business conventions are important because they prove how many people a company can operate without...

Cool Why is it that at class re-unions, you feel younger than everyone else looks?

9) Scratch a cat or dog and you will have a permanent job.

10) There are no new sins, it's just that the old ones now get more publicity.

11) There are worse things than getting a call from a wrong number at 4 a.m. - It could be the right number!

12) No one ever says, 'It's only a game', when their team is winning.

13) Have you reached the age where 'Happy Hour' is a nap?

14) Be careful about reading the small print - there's no way you are going to like it...

15) The trouble with bucket seats is that not everyone has the same size bucket.

16) Have you thought that in 40 years we will have old ladies running around with tattoos and rap music will be the golden oldies?

17) Money can't buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than a Chrysler

18) After 60, if you don't wake up aching at every joint, you are probably dead...

19) Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind... and the ones that mind don't matter anyway.

20) Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.

Finally, politicians and nappies should be changed often and for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:12 am

Unfortunately, so true, Rick.

I have been a complete slug today, just enjoying not having anything I HAVE to do. Hopefully, I'll be more energetic tomorrow.

Happy Belated Birthday, Nancy.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:12 pm

Thank you Nancy Lee, I will have to go out to the truck to play it now, as we don't have a cd player in the house! But that's alright....I love my truck and I'm sure I'm going to love your CD.

If I disappear its cuz my cord to charge the puter got broken...and I'll either have to find a new one (which may be hard as mine is obsolete) or find the moolah to buy a new one. We will see....we'll go into town on the 2nd to see if Verizon store can help.

Kids are here

, but its too chilly for me to get on a horse today....let the young ones go forth and save the world!''I'll go forth on a warmer day thankyou!

Going to take down my xmas decorations today I think....I don't usually do it til after New Years, but'
I don't want to be doing it when the weather is nice and I can be outside.

So if I get booted here.....Happy New Year to y'all. I hope it will be a great year for us all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:04 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:05 am

On NGW (National Geographic Wild), channel 283 on DirecTV has a series called "Mustang Millionaire". It follows 5 horse trainers as they buy mustangs at auctions, work with the horses for 120 days, and then show them in Ft. Worth. The total purse is a million dollars, with the top rider getting $200,000. The horses have to go through several rounds to get to the finals. The first round is simple things that most horses can do relatively easily. Each round gets more difficult, ending with a free style final round. That final round is fantastic. Bobby Kerr got two horses to the finals. You'll just have to watch it to see what he does with Trigger. Pretty incredible.
I hope you get to see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:07 am

Have we sunk so low that rain creating wet roads is news?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:27 am

ELLEN:
It must have been a slow news day in RICK's neighborhood today  Laughing .  The rain has just started making wet roads here this evening, we had a nice day all day until then.  I'll try to catch the Mustang Millionaire show, sounds pretty interesting.

Speaking of wild and crazy horses....Ivan and I had our very first solo trail ride today and we lived to tell the tale!  He started off very nervous, but did really well all by himself with no other horses around for company.   One guy on a horse did walk by, but went a different direction.  The guy stopped and told me how pretty Ivan was and did I want to sell him... affraid (...sure, for the same price as that Mustang Millionaire is getting!)  I told him no, Ivan wasn't for sale.  After six years of working on this horse, he is finally getting to the point I can do things with him and I wouldn't want to sell him.  I think the guy mostly liked Ivan's dapples.  

We did a little ground work before starting off, but other than hopping off to cross the former railroad trestles, I rode the entire 5 1/2 miles with no spooks, spins, or shenanigans offered by Ivan.  He was VERY ALERT, but very controllable.  We walked and trotted various speeds.  The last bridge we crossed was the 800 foot bridge crossing the New River at Hiwassi, Va.  A motor boat went zooming by underneath us, but it didn't bother Ivan at all.  A yard decoration made him pause a moment, but that was about it.   I talked Ivan's ears off the entire way, I bet he wished I would shut up so he could hear the bears in the woods better.  Rolling Eyes   Donnie met us at the other side of the big bridge and hauled us home just as it got dark.  I have dreaded riding Ivan alone for years and it turned out to be pretty fun!

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:52 am

LOL!!...Ellen / ARK ... Have you ever noticed when watching a movie (esp. one from 70's / early 80's) that anytime there in a night time shot of streets ...the streets are most likely gonna be "wet". This is true even if there is NO RAIN in the story plot. Carol and I joke about it ... thus the "rainy weather / wet streets".

ARK...you and Ivan are "loooooking gooooood"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:36 am

ARK: How absolutely wonderful. Ivan is trusting you and you are relaxing enough when you ride to keep him calm. A big CONRATS to you and Ivan. Having someone offer to buy your horse is always a big boost to ones ego. A beautiful, great trail horse that you have trained from a wild non trusting young guy. WAY TO GO...When I rode alone I always sang (poor horses with my bad singing) or talked to them the entire way. It is calming to them. Jazzy would make a funny humming noise as I sang his poor ears off. Not sure if he was singing along or trying to drown me out. LOL

I lost part of a filling out of my tooth the other day. UUGGHHH Of course, my dentist is on vacation until 1/6. YIKES...I did get a hold of the other dentist and of course, she was on her way to Philly for the weekend, but she will see me on Monday morning. I had to get dental cement to fill in the hole until then. YUCK that stuff is impossible and very awful tasting, but it does help a little. When I was at CVS buying the cement a man says "excuse me, excuse me, but your shoe is untied." I said "Thank you so much, if I had fallen and knocked out a tooth, it would have made a bad day really terrible after just losing my filling, you saved me." LOL

Our weather is really going to take a nose dive this week. Down to 8 on Friday. I'll be wearing my Cuddle Duds when walking Ace. Anyone ever heard of Cuddle Duds? Get a pair, they are wonderful. My friend Barb got me a pair for Christmas. They are the warmest things I have ever worn. Just in time too.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   

Back to top Go down

December 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next