Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

December 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:36 am

ARK: How absolutely wonderful. Ivan is trusting you and you are relaxing enough when you ride to keep him calm. A big CONRATS to you and Ivan. Having someone offer to buy your horse is always a big boost to ones ego. A beautiful, great trail horse that you have trained from a wild non trusting young guy. WAY TO GO...When I rode alone I always sang (poor horses with my bad singing) or talked to them the entire way. It is calming to them. Jazzy would make a funny humming noise as I sang his poor ears off. Not sure if he was singing along or trying to drown me out. LOL

I lost part of a filling out of my tooth the other day. UUGGHHH Of course, my dentist is on vacation until 1/6. YIKES...I did get a hold of the other dentist and of course, she was on her way to Philly for the weekend, but she will see me on Monday morning. I had to get dental cement to fill in the hole until then. YUCK that stuff is impossible and very awful tasting, but it does help a little. When I was at CVS buying the cement a man says "excuse me, excuse me, but your shoe is untied." I said "Thank you so much, if I had fallen and knocked out a tooth, it would have made a bad day really terrible after just losing my filling, you saved me." LOL

Our weather is really going to take a nose dive this week. Down to 8 on Friday. I'll be wearing my Cuddle Duds when walking Ace. Anyone ever heard of Cuddle Duds? Get a pair, they are wonderful. My friend Barb got me a pair for Christmas. They are the warmest things I have ever worn. Just in time too.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Ellen, I did watch the whole thing from purchasing to the finals, that man bobbie Kerr was amazing the short amount of time it took t get his two horses gentled and trained but I especialy loved his horse trigger, what a beauty, did you see the price that dun went for, that woman must have wanted him or her real bad to pay 20,000 for him, never ever seen a mustang especialy one just off the range bring in that much exceptfor the keiger mustangs they fetch a hefty price, I felt so bad for the aussie Dan? his horses getting poisioned by a weed found in his hay, so glad that his mustang got better and was able to continue he has been on U tube with his performances with his other horses he does amazing things and the trust those horses have in him I hope they do this again next year for 2014
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Ark, that is soooo great, you have finaly got Ivan to be a great trail buddy with some more wet blankets and miles you will be in seventh heaven Iam sooo happy for you that you have not just one but two great horses,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Awww, thanks RICK! But I will be honest and say that pic is at least 10 years old. It's the only one I have of me that is usable. I'm afraid I've aged considerably in appearance since then! Rolling Eyes 

Thanks again for the birthday wishes, friends. It was uneventful, but pleasant. I hope next year will be similar.

ARK, I am so impressed with you and your horses. They are really coming along, and Ivan is being a star. How wonderful!

TRUDY, I checked Cuddle Duds on the internet. Looks interesting if you spend time outdoors in the winter. Thanks for the tip.

I don't know if I mentioned that I've been able to play guitar again, after about 3 years of my hands being too problematic to play. Enbrel has done a good job on them, and on the feet and neck, I must say. It's not eliminating, but reducing symptoms considerably. So, I've started playing with a gal about my age who has just started this year to play guitar, and was looking for someone to jam with. We have gone to a couple of jams at the legion, etc., and it has been quite pleasant. Not the most exciting thing I've ever done in music... hehehe... but definitely a speed I can handle at this stage of trying to get the hands in practice. It's all old country so far, and that can be a little slow for me, but again, good for now. Gets me out of the house too! Thank goodness!

Gotta go... hugs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Man

PostSubject: Oldies   Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Lately I have noticed young pretty girls holding doors open for me! Yes---, trouble is my timing never expects these and I am a little awkward. I do look just a little age warn.

Also to the point---I have asked before I think, horses make excuses for oldsters at least thats my take with very few that I have owned and riden. I need a dog but can not en very much, same with a good dog------ still due without til memory gets better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:03 pm

OOO OOO OOO! Thanks for reminding me.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Clara has asked me to ask you all to pray for her daughter Jessi, she is in the hospital as I write this, she got thrown from Max and landed hard on her face, they were just starting off and were still on the property when Max went cray, bucking, he has never ever offerd to buck, she has ridden him quite a lot with no problems not even a spook, so far it looks like she broke her wrist, and her nose she was bleeding pretty bad they put her on a backboard and neck brace as Jessi was saying her neck and back were hurting, Iwill update you when Clara calls, her computer is dead and she can't charge it so I will post just as soon as I find out more, and thank you for your prayers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Well, damn. I'm sorry to hear that. Please tell her we'll be praying that the injuries aren't too serious and she will heal fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:09 pm

Dang, just lost the post I wrote.

So sorry to hear this Sunny... thanks for sharing it. Hope that Jessi will heal quickly. Please let CB know prayers are being offered in Canada. You never know with horses what might have set him off. Really too bad.

I came on to wish everyone a happy and safe new year. We lie low usually, if I'm not gigging or we're not on holiday somewhere. Ten years ago I was singing in the Baha'i House of Worship in Frankfurt at midnight devotions... that was really special. But otherwise, we stay home out of the way of road dangers, and not adding to them. We're not into big parties anyway.

Since my Mom's been here, we try to have a little snack or something in the later evening, to make it a little special, but that's about it.

Have a great New Year!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:40 pm

update on Jessi, she is home, she has a broken wrist, a goose egg on her forehead, and two black eyes, and sore all over but otherwise o.k it could have been worse,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:02 am

SUNNY:
 Thanks for passing along the news from CB.  Wow, I am glad you posted the update! Poor Jessi, I hope she will heal up quickly.  

NANCY LEE:
 We are such party people here.  Donnie is already conked out on the couch  Laughing . We celebrated the new year with a Reese's Cup.... Drool 
 Hope you have a very Happy New Year!

CAROL:
 How do the folks where you are living celebrate the New Year?  Is it warm yet?

ELLEN:
 Are you and the neighbors partying tonight?

GRAYMARE:
 Hope you are having fun!  

SILVERDANCER:
 I guess it is already 2014 in Ireland!  Happy New Year!

CB:
 I will think very positive thoughts for your daughter, and you and Harry.  How scary.   Get that computer fixed soon, you are missed!

BEECH:
 I heard there are folks in Maine without power.  I sure hope you aren't one of them.  How much snow have you gotten?

RICK:
 Did you get over your ikky?  I have heard several folks are sick around here.  I hope you are feeling well.  Cute cartoons!  

OL'MAN:
 I am not sure if horses take into account someone's age or not.  If yours do, that is great!  And I would hold open your door even though I am not a cute young thing! Very Happy 

INDYAPP:
 So what's going on in the Frozen North?  

TRUDY:
 I hope all your kids and relatives have gotten better from their illnesses.  Are they visiting you to celebrate the holiday tomorrow?

Today Donnie and I worked like crazy to get things done before the end of the year.  He took me out for breakfast, helped me pick up the barnlot and barn, and trimmed Cactus Jack's feet.  What a sweetie!  I spent two hours cleaning out my tack/feed room.  It was pretty yucky, but is as clean as a dirt floored barn room can get now!  Donnie says he is going to put in the brick floor in there that has been waiting in a stack since the turn of the millennium tomorrow!   Stay tuned.... Laughing 

Ivan, Areion and I have a lesson tomorrow! wavy  Donnie will be around to actually see Areion in action!  It is supposed to be 50 degrees and sunny.  That is a great New Year's Day forecast!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year!  This year it is the Year of the Horse in the Chinese calendar year, which was the same as the year of my birth.  I blame it for my addiction to all things horsey.  It looks like NANCY LEE shares the same year on the Chinese calendar, too!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com Online
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:32 am

Nope. No partying tonight. I was going to go to the relatives, but the possibility of big snow discouraged me from attempting the trip. Going there wouldn't have been a problem, but coming home tomorrow might be. At the moment, my idea of excitement is to watch Clinton Anderson on RFD-TV.  Laughing  I'm sleepy and might have trouble staying up long enough to see the ball drop.

On Sunday, I'm having an after-Christmas Christmas party. It's just a casual, relaxing, no stress evening to eat and visit.
As for the New Years Day forecast.... It will be in the teens with snow.

I'm certainly glad to hear that Jessi is out of the hospital. That's good news. She's a horsewoman and will probably be back in the saddle soon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:03 am

I made it, just barely stayed awake. Toasted the new year with a big swig of milk. Exciting, huh.

I do wish all of you the very best in the new year. Happy New Year to all of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:59 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:43 am

Snoop writes....What are your New Year's Resolutions...? Here is mine!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Happy New Year, Foops!

RICK:
My resolution is to have fun and ride, Ride, RIDE!! rear 

Big hugs to us all and I hope everyone's year is the best ever!

Time to change to the New Year thread: go to: http://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t28-january-2014#3478

or go to Basket and click on January 2014.

See you in the New Year! :dance: 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2013   

Back to top Go down

December 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 50 Horse Friends :: Basket-
Jump to: