Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2014

Go down 
+7
sunny 57
Indyapp
Manygatess
cb
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny 57

March 2014 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Here in florida it is warm, cloudy, and a chance for rain at any time, I now keep my scooter on my car at all times so at a moment's notice I can be off and running, I keep it covered all the time to protect it from rain I have not had to charge it yet the batteries have a long life I can go 26 miles on a charge
but come summer I will have to keep it in the house because of the humidity will ruin it.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 am

Trudy, that sure is true...I liked it.

Sunny, glad you are using your scooter and having fun with it.

Ark, when is your ride? I forgot...whats new there, huh?

Weather has alredy hit several record highs for this time of the year....

Red my lil doxie, looked like she was putting on weight and sure enuf she started bagging up....one single puppy in there....out by c section as it got too big according to the vet, but honestly I couldn't see it was too big, it was smaller than some they have normal delivery. It is a wild boar color, a mix of browns and yellow hairs...very cute. Sassys' pup is doing fine, sleeping with me at night as its weaning time at the zoo...another 2 weeks and he will be ready to make some kids happy.

The forecast is rain this week, and we really need it to keep the hay prices down.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 pm

TRUDY, thanks for including me on your train……….those were some good thoughts.

SUNNY, good to see you here.  Roll on!

CB, congrats on your pup…….glad Sweet Pea is fine and soon off to a good home.
Hay prices are CRAZY everywhere……….I still have a big batch but not looking forward to having to re stock……………

Elijah is wonderful and happy…….he gets his first trim this week………….prob nothing really, just time for mom's trim.  He stands for grooming…..LOL, yeah, right.  He thinks it all tickles.  He really is fun right now.  I say "hoof" and up comes his hoof…….yeah, right.  But he is responding well to beginning lifting his hooves………….I do cut him slack, LOL, he will be 2 weeks old Thursday.
At my age I should have named him "Swan Song"……………………..

Really nice morning here…………..God bless.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:13 pm

CB: You are having record highs and we still are having record lows. What a winter this one has been. It was in the teens this morning. BRRRRRR Maybe snow tomorrow. Oh yippeeeee.

ELEN: Nope, I don't reuse my Food Saver bags, first of all I'm the dishwasher around here, and second, I mainly freeze chicken and meat in mine and wouldn't take a chance. I don't make the dish water hot enough to kill the bacteria. Good for you since you can reuse yours, those darn bags are expensive. I very carefully measure mine out before I cut them. My Food Saver is pretty old too, almost 10 years old, I am hoping it croaks soon, so I can get a new model.

RICK: Yup, that is the kinda stuff that drives this old OCD girl nutty. Makes me want to go around in everyone's house and straighten THEIR pictures. LOL

GRAYMARE: That new baby is dong well for only being a couple of weeks old.

We just got back from the VA Hospital in Scranton. What a drive for George's eye exam, we spent more time driving and sitting in the waiting room than the exam took. Oh well, what else do we have to do around here in the cold weather. We stopped and had lunch at Cracker Barrel in Buckhorn on the way home.

Tonight is the Purple Heart dinner/meeting. Love those meeting with dinner. No cooking today for me.

Love & prayers for all...
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 pm

TRUDY, I was kidding.  Eli can't do anything………well, he can be cute & funny.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Graymare, thank you for my book, I know the GDaughters will like it too.
Swan Song, my foot by the way! We are never too dang old to have a last foal! They keep us young! LOL Sounds like he is great medicine for ya! Are you healed up all the way now? I know it takes longer for us to heal....sigh....but we just go and do it anyway!

Been a nice day here....I cleaned all the doggie yards and filled their swimming pools, (they love the water) and wormed everyone....In MO I battled threadworms, and here in texas it is flatworms....geesh....they must pick them up while out running the acreage...I've never even seen one before in all my years of vet teching and raising dogs. Guess you can teach me new tricks! So it was off to the vet to find out what the heck they were, and get the right medicine to take care of the problems. Keeps one on their toes trying to keep on top of life around the lil hacienda. bom Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:41 pm

GRAYMARE:
 A lovely book arrived from Baby Eli today!  Thank you very much!  I love it!  

CB:
 Congrats on the puppy!  I think I have lost track of how many puppies you have now....?

My ride is on April 12th....not long!  Ivan gets another shot the week before to complete his spring shots, and a health certificate so he can cross state lines.  He got his Coggins with the first set of shots last week.  We are about set for paperwork anyway.  I need to get in about a 12 mile ride to be more ready for the 25 miler coming up, but the weather just won't cooperate often enough.   Rolling Eyes   
 I loaded up Ivan and Areion, separately, in the trailer to practice before Lori gets here next time.  Both got on, stood there with their hind leg cocked and acted like they were waiting on a bus!  Then each unloaded without blasting off backward.  Now if Areion will just do this when we are ready to go somewhere, we will get in a trail ride soon.  She botched up our last trip by deciding that was the day she needed a serious loading lesson.  She got it.

ELLEN:
 It was 65 yesterday, I rode Ivan around the fields, and it is going to snow tonight and tomorrow.   Rolling Eyes   Those poor robins just don't know what to do.  We have had more flocks of robins in our fields lately than I have ever seen.  I think word is out amongst them that there is snow further on north.  I am not sure what all robins eat, but they must be getting something out in our pastures.

Speaking of birds.....we have huge flocks of seagulls that live mostly in big store parking lots all winter long here.  Sometimes you have to drive around them, they stand in the parking lots daring cars to run over them.  We didn't have them at our former house, so it was a surprise to see seagoing birds living here....300 miles from the sea.  A couple of days ago I watched a seagull chasing a crow who was carrying something in its beak.   Other than the occasional french fry, I have no idea what these seagulls eat all winter or why they'd stay here instead of a more tropical place.   confused
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:10 am

It never stops. It's snowing again this morning. The predicted high is 28.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 am

ELLEN and MANYGATES repeat after me... Isn't the snow Pretty?

Yeah, I got it here too this morning. I'm trying to will it away by wearing a pastel colored suit to work. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:34 am

The snow isn't pretty!! No No 

It is snowing here, too.   tongue

March 2014 - Page 6 977e

Donnie on way to work.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:41 am

Indy, until today, was most of your snow gone? The ice is still 12-14 inches.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:57 am

Man, I just can't believe all the snow out there, I am so sorry that you all are still dealing with the white stuff, it makes it bad here too, as nobody is going home yet, the state is overflowing with snow birds making traffic more dangerous, only late at night is it safe enough to venture out, people are always in such a hurry to get some where and they don't pay enough attention to what they are doing, we average 5 to 7 accidents a week, and that is just outside the park here, right in front of Summerbay resort just across the road from me , I am praying for spring to finally get here but not to fast, I don't want to see any flooding from rapid snow melt, well that is my soapbox for the week, I hope everyone else has a great day, and be careful out there
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:53 pm

My neighbors who winter in Florida called the other day to see if there was still ice on the lake. They want to go fishing when they get here. But it's going to be a couple of weeks before the ice goes away, maybe longer. They'll stay south until it's warmer up here.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:20 pm

SUNNY you're preachin to the choir here when you talk about slowing down and driving safely. I can't believe how stupid people are driving this winter. We've had a LOT of snow this year and if we get two days of clear driving and then it snows again (Like it did Friday and again this morning) it's like the first snow of the season and accidents galore. There were two different roads closed due to accidents on my way in to work this morning. Friday there was a car that flipped on it's roof.

I can say that on the few days that have been above freezing a lot of the snow has melted, assuming it is out in the open. Places that are in the shadows, like the north and west sides of my house and barn still have alot of snow and ice. The snow is melting into these giant ice chunks. The big snow piles in the parking lots will be here until June I think. We've talked about taking bets as to when the pile in the parking lot here at work will finally be gone.

Lunch is over, back to work.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Ha, just another day of growing………It's all I do.   Shocked 

March 2014 - Page 6 409082826
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Wow! They just grow sooo fast! And sooo cute!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Eli has really filled out nicely! He is such a beauty! I love the photo.

We ended up with about 2 1/2 inches of snow that mostly melted by dusk. Now the cold wind is going strong  Rolling Eyes .

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:33 am

INDYAPP: NOOOOOOOOOOO the snow isn't pretty.... affraid AUUUGGHHHHH we have SNOW this morning...I jinxed us, I put my snow boots away yesterday after the weatherman said the snow was going to miss us...wrong again..how does that guy keep his job? Not much snow, just enough to tick me off this morning.

I have a couple funny Ace stories. When walking Ace the other day we ran across a flock of turkeys. Since he is a bird dog, I said "get the birds Ace." He turned around and gave me such a look that said "what are ya NUTS...do you see how many birds there are and how BIG they are?" As soon as they saw us and started running and flying into the trees, away he went after them. HAHAHA

Yesterday I got out the sweeper and since I have been having some ringing in my ears I have been wearing ear protection when I sweep, I went out on the porch and came back in with George's shooting ear protectors on. Ace looked up and started barking and growling at me. He didn't recognize me with the big blue ear muffs on my head. HAHAHAHA He is such a nutty dog.
He keeps me laughing that's for sure.

We had 14 deer in the garden the other day. The only place where there is any green grass, the cover crop of rye George planted in the fall is growing and attracting the deer. 2 flocks of turkeys in the fields.

GRAYMARE: Love th photo of Eli..gotta love the raspberry he is giving you. LOL

SUNNY: I just saw on the morning news there was a wreck on 80 this morning. People drive like IDIOTS up here also. It's down right scary at times.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:24 am

Trudy, yesterday morning I was a little crabby too when I saw the snow. There is still a little of it that didn't melt off the deck, but most of it melted in the afternoon sun.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:42 am

I am a crab today. Yesterday's snow melted off, but we got more overnight and the wind is now howling and blowing the snow around like a dust storm.  tongue  We have a wind chill of 7 degrees right now. It is a sealsuit day.

TRUDY:
Ace is a funny guy Laughing .

Our deer herd disappeared after the one poor yearling got caught and died in the pasture fence. We have a gazillion robins and black birds in our fields right now.

We bought 20 bales of hay from someone who overstocked last weekend. They said it was weed free, but their 3 horses had stopped eating it because their pastures were starting to green up. The bales are big and lovely and there are no broadleaf weeds in it, sure enough. Upon feeding the first bale to our horses, we discovered why their horses are so slender after a winter of eating this stuff. It is over half full of young johnsongrass. So my horses won't eat it.....sigh.....the stuff is taking over so many hayfields.

Just another reason I am crabby today! Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:48 pm

This is a woman's joke for sure:

The Black Bra (as told by a woman)

I had lunch with 2 of my unmarried friends. One is engaged, one is a mistress, and I have been married for 20+ years.

We were chatting about our relationships and decided to amaze our men by greeting them at the door wearing a black bra, stiletto heels and a mask over our eyes. We agreed to meet in a few days to exchange notes…

Here's how it all went.

My engaged friend:

“The other night when my boyfriend came over he found me with a black leather bodice, tall stilettos and a mask. He saw me and said, 'You are the woman of my dreams. I love you.' Then we made passionate love all night long.”

The mistress:

“Me too! The other night I met my lover at his office and I was wearing a raincoat; under it only the black bra, heels and mask over my eyes. When I opened the raincoat he didn't say a word, but he started to tremble and we had wild sex all night.”

Then I had to share my story:

“When my husband came home I was wearing the black bra, Black stockings, stilettos and a mask over my eyes. When he came in the door and saw me he said,

(you are going to love this)

‘What's for dinner, Zorro?’"
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:23 pm

RICK
Okay, I admit it, you made me LOLOL with that one! lol! 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:45 pm

Wow, the winds up north, wow! 129 mph....holy chit! and then for the states they are putting torcons out already for several states to expect tornados....right from one storm to another! Stay safe y'all and warm! Don't get blown away!

We have had cloudy skies and wind today here....we didn't get the rain that was promised tho....drat.

Rick, that was good and oh so true! LOL

Ark, I have two puppies, one almost ready to go to his new home, and one that is just a few days old....I sold the other four pups....boom boom gone....I had Bluey in with Beans to breed, and everyone else got bred that wasn't spose to be! and I'm still waiting on Bluey! Everyone is spayed or neutered now except 2 female doxies and the 2 male doxies. White Dog goes in for hers next week....and Panda has apt for next month....then we'll just be a traveling zoo...woohoo....if no one gets out before and decides otherwise....have tried both horse trailers, have built a complete wire pen, even floor and top and sides....have tried hot wire....I don't like to breed them every year....but man they did so much better in Idaho on that...than here....everyone was planned and not done when they wanted to do it....ahhhh wellll....they certainly proved the old adage, where there is a will there is a way. So one by one to the vet to take care of that way of thinking on their part! I love my puppies but not all at one time! The camper just isn't big enuf! They are raised inside in the camper with us...I have room where my dining table goes, and where hubbys chair sits in the living room and then the chair is really close to the couch...its kind of cramped....but we get thru it.

Terrible news on the landslide and the fires....am HUMMING for all the families...
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 pm

RICKSTER:   Cool 

You're right CB………….the landslides are HORRIBLE……..we have big winds today but no rain.
Prayers for all those in the recent tragedies on the news.

Here it's been a fun day.  Nothing bothers this kid much:

March 2014 - Page 6 409091416
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:17 am

Wow! He looks so much more filled out. Was he splashing and playing? I love seeing the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 11:19 am

ELLEN, Mama was raised on the range so water is just same ole same ole.  Eli was just clop clop clop right behind her………he needs to know water for when he heads to the mtns to pasture in 2 yrs as he will be drinking from streams.  It didn't seem to phase him as Mom just taught him it's nothing.  It's an easy place to learn about water…..not deep, not boggy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2014   March 2014 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2014
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next