Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September 2014

Go down 
+8
TallyPam
Ellen E
Manygatess
cb
Graymare
Rick Angell
tuffwheelr
Ark
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:40 pm

September 2014

September 2014 JF0tLD
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Now isn't that a nice tranquil photo?  Very Happy   That's my theme for the month!  Cool

We had a nice day yesterday.  RICK came up to visit!  We had lunch at our favorite restaurant and spent a very pleasant afternoon visiting.  RICK got to finally meet Ivan and Areion, who were very happy to meet him.....especially since he came bearing apples... Laughing  

RICK yesterday:
September 2014 13syxK

Donnie is busy researching heat pumps and getting ready to install one.  The truck that hit our wall took out our propane furnace, so with fall only three weeks away, we are getting set up for a new system.   Those trucks sure put a glitch in our summer. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tuffwheelr

tuffwheelr

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re:Andreas Helgstrand   September 2014 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:56 am

CB

Since around April of this year more people have come forward to share
a bunch of true facts about him.

He has been pretty much blackballed from any international teams and his big sponsors, and I mean big in the dressage and three day eventing areas have dropped and distanced themselves from him.

I may not show up too often but even with my health problems I'm far from out of the loop. I have friends and clients with cutting horses, all arounders dressage and eventers and lunch with people from UGA fairly often. Of course anyone that knows more about UGA than about their football team knows their involvement in the equine related sciences and their equestrian team has smacked down national competition six times since the college team inception.

My friend/neighbor about a mile down the road is a three day eventing coach, trainer and judge that also holds several "R"s with the American Horseshows Assoc. So even when I'm off the board I'm not out of the loop.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:00 am

Okay, there are bad folks in every discipline.  To go along with this month's aforementioned theme, how about telling us something good about some trainer, TUFF?  You must have heard of at least one!  sunny

Hot day going to happen here.  Gotta get out and shovel!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 5:57 pm

ARK "lost" a rooster. Its in a "witness protection program"September 2014 A167934
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Hysterical RICK………...cheers
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Tuff, tell us more about your neighbor. I feel so out of things....I only have basic cable so don't hear much on boob tube....

We had a nice afternoon sightseeing and buying groceries....I made home made veggie soup, pretty good stuff.

All is quiet on the homestead.....
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:56 pm

Our Donna had this warning posted on Facebook: September 2014 10992_10152741325140955_4535890074792813273_n
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:58 pm

Sorry...I don't know how to make it smaller....maybe ARK could help...??

In the meantime, you can click and drag it slightly to the left to read message.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:46 pm

RICK:
I don't know why your posts do that. Reducing the size using ImageShack is the only thing I can suggest......
However, the caption beside that very cute kid said:

Horse Fever
The Chronic Condition of those who are afflicted with a sense of joy in all things related to horses & riding. There is no known cure.

Very cute kid!

Very Happy
Coincidentally, Annie and I ate lunch at KFC today. Laughing . Lucky rooster got away.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:57 am

Hi all.  Fall is appearing here in the mountains, temp here this morning at 38 F, aspens are beginning to turn and lose leaves, sky bluer than blue with sun brighter than bright.  Water is flowing well in streams, flowers are abundant everywhere and just "being" is good.

Eli is busy growing.  Addy is enjoying riding in the Ranger as we buzz the hills.  I've checked in the mirror and think I've eaten a few too many marshmellows this summer........the local fair is starting today as well as our ATV rallies and contests..........we are going to watch the little kids show pigs, steers, sheep, rabbits,  chickens, horses, dogs etc...........I so love seeing them trying their little hearts out.

We have a couple of old flags that need to be retired.........we posted a notice at the local gas station/store and are now having a formal flag retirement ceremony this Sunday with folks we don't nec know but have an old flag.  Naturally, it's an excuse for hot dogs and marshies.

Later Gators.  God bless.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:00 am

Doesn't that pic just warm your heart?
Back to top Go down
tuffwheelr

tuffwheelr

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:24 pm

CB,

Many of the people I spend time with are also clients.
I am very happy to have these people as friends as well, but it would be highly improper and unethical to say more than I already have.

ARK

I only posted what had already been publicly said about that rider because it has been all over the Internet and written about in several US and European publications. For the things he has done over the last few years have been extremely inhumane and on occasion threated the lives of the horses he rode just for his ego. And I notice
he has not threatened anyone with libel or slander, nor has he publicly derided any of his previous sponsors and endorsers for their actions.

I do not believe he should be held up for admiration, or applauded
for cruelty any more than we should give a Congressional Medal of Honor to the individual that took James Foley's life. That is my personal feeling, the same as I feel M. Vick should have never been allowed to go back to pro football.

As far as good trainers that could take a book.

Really some of the oldies are the goodies.

Al Dunning has tons of great videos. Another interesting person is
Wylene Wilson (sometimes Wilson-Davis) who has done several Mustang challenges she has worked with Al Dunning and been a top contender on Craig Cameron's Extreme Cowboy race.

At the bottom of MY barrel are the two that were so "hot" 10 years ago. Mr. P and the Downunder Wonder. The latter because he has developed such a mouth and attitude 40+ members of a local 4-H
groups were removed from the audience by there parents and chaperones after traveling a few hundred miles to one of his walkabouts.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:23 pm

RICK: Loved those 2 photos. I stole them and emailed them on. George & I were just taking about horse fever as my friend Donna just said last night how she loves just hanging on the fence was watching her horse graze. George is NOT a true horse person, he is just a horse person by proxy. LOL He doesn't get it...Here is a little blurb I stole outta The Paper Horse about cowgirls. George said it was very true around here. LOL LOL

"Don't fall in love with a cowgirl, lad.
Less you're resigned to be number two.
Her first love's standing in the barn.
Second string's the best YOU can do."

Our week has been a killer. In 3 hours time the dryer broke, the spring on the BIG garage door broke and the box that holds the fan for furnace fell apart. YIKES....What a way to start out the week. Dryer is fixed, springs are on special order and the fan box is being built by our son-in-law.

Called the repair man for the dryer and he is Mennonite, here how crazy our Mennonite/Amish world is around here. When I tried to give him directions to the farm he said "I'll just use my GPS." WHAT????? Not only did he have a GPS, he also has a cell phone and web site. What is this world coming to??? LOL Shades of Amish Mafia the TV show.

Making applesauce so gotta get those apples washed and cooked down.

Love & prayers for all...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Trudy, I definitely understand your frustration.  I was planning to do several things this week to get ready to go on vacation Saturday morning.  Wrong.  I got a cold and spent three days doing nothing buy trying to hurry up the get-over-the-cold process.  ZiCam seems to help a little.  This morning, I was doing the last load of laundry prior to starting to pack, and there is water on the floor under the washer.  That repair or replace will have to wait until I get back.  But that was another problem I didn't need this week.  At least it was the last load, not the first.
Even the conservative Amish around here seem to have cell phones for business purposes. I THINK the rule is that if modern technology is used to make money, it's okay to use it. But, they are not allowed to use it for personal convenience. To my way of thinking, it seems a little inconsistent.

Oh! As I type there is a bright yellow crop duster going back and forth over a field just on the other side of the lake.  He making his turns right over the lake.  COOL!  Small field.  Only three passes.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Did a copy / paste thing here from my old tractor group. Enjoy it...and try to read it w/o humming along!!

Julie Andrews Turning 79
To commemorate her birthday, actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan 's Radio City Music Hall. One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary movie 'Sound Of Music'. Here are the lyrics she used: (Sing It!)
Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.
When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.
Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores. Please share Ms. Andrews' clever wit and humor with others who would appreciate it
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:48 pm

Wooha....don't confuse mennoniteband amish....they r very differentt cultures....

Amish don't drive or have power in houses but they can drive their tractors, and use generators for power in the barns. mennonites r much more modern in their ways.

Trudy that slogan is very true! lol

Our hot water heater went out and flooded the carpet, the lawn mower tire bit the big one, and the fridge door doesn't want to shut right as of today.....must be september!

My neice had a baby girl sept 2 named her willow rose....her cord was still attached, she was crying and giving everyone the middle finger....so funny! yep that's my grand neice! lol

Well, am off to bed...sweet dreams
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:38 am

CB: The Amish down in Lancaster use cell phones and drive cars. The times they are a changing. Scary stuff. Only the old order Amish stick to their old ways. This crazy tech world we live in has even corrupted them.

Off to get my photo taken for my drivers license and then meeting son & DIL for a brunch at Country Cupboard.

Aon't it funny how the bad stuff always happens in 3's. What a Sept this is starting out to be. Praying the rest of the month is a better one for everyone. Better now tha in the dead of winter with freezing temps.

Have a great Friday everyone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 am

Trudy, not in missouri, they stick to old wayss still. have fun today. we r going to a sheep and goat thing at university outside of town and some yard sales....see ya all later.
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:02 pm

TUFF...Gotta agree with you about Wylene Wilson-Davis.  Attended a two day clinic with her and she is  excellent. She was actually here for 5 days but I could only afford two days besides anymore than that would have worn this old body down to the nubs.  Talk about energy and enthusiasm Wylene has it.  Hard to keep up with her but she makes it so you don't want to miss a moment. Fantastic sense of humor as well.  Realistic methods of training, gaining respect and developing confidence with both the horse and rider. She joins right in as part of the group, working with folks individually but allowing the whole group to learn at the same time.  She is supposed to be back in November but she's pregnant and I'm not sure if  she'll still be traveling by then.  She has a participant bring an unhandled young horse and she starts the clinic by starting the horse and then continues to use that horse through the entire clinic. Anyhow, if she's in your area she is worth your $$ and time.

Casper and I continue to improve. Regaining my confidence is the biggest reason plus he's growing up (he's 6 now). Gotta get this done as I'm not getting any younger......

Will post more later.  Business calls me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Next post.... from Lake Placid, New York. Later, gang.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Well...at least some of us old Foops are trying to be a part of "New" stuff. Take "texting" where you use a telephone (invented so we could 'talk' on party lines and such) to send a "written message". Crazy world!! Now...remember that SNOOP is always looking for ways to be helpful and offers the following abbreviations to be used when texting Foop to Foop:

September 2014 Tumblr_lwg1kePtDZ1qdejuvo1_500
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:20 am

Hey there pam! its great casper is working out for you.

Ellen, have a great trip!

We r trying to go see peaceful valley donkey rescue, they have over 900 there. no I can't get one...sigh....and chris would have hard time getting one on the plane...lol

Going to bed early. as we r hitting chicken art in the park in morning and farmers market and any good yard sales we find and chris wants lunch at wienersitchel....I will have fish next door!

We had fun feeding the turtles today on our river walk....I do like going there....and then we played with the horses and goats .....

Sweet dreams y'all
Back to top Go down
tuffwheelr

tuffwheelr

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: WYLENE   September 2014 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:08 am

TALLY PAM

I first saw her on THE EXTREME COWBOY RACE whem she had that cute little mustang "Filthy Rich" and there was just something about her and the way she rode that attracted my attention. I was so happy when I came across her on HRN (Horse Racing Network) starting a new mustang with Al Dunning. I really like the "old masters." Very few people realize that our current international reining team learned from people the new generation has never heard of like one of the founding fathers or reining Dale Wilkerson, who passed away about two years ago.

His daughter one of the first competitive women in reining, Mavis Wilkerson was in south Georgia last time I looked at reining trainers
last year.

I wouldn't worry about Casper at six. He can only get better. Years ago real horsemen let their horses build themselves. The industry hadn't been saturated with the futurity ideas. One lady I lunch with has a gelding called Foster. Foster because she sent her mare for training and the mare came back carrying Foster. There were 2 stallions there at the time, both Paints, Foster came out bay like Mommy, but was rejected by the mother and had to be bottle fed.
Nothing worked to get the mare to accept him. Personally, when she mentions him I think of the old Dick Tracy comic strip with the detective character Fearless Fosterdick. I think because his daddy's identity is a mystery.

Anyhow, up until he turned seven this spring Foster's training had its weekly ups and downs. He. was also down with a fracture for a year in 2013. Well he turned 7 and it's like he all of a sudden realized that nothing was going to eat him and he really could canter off the rail. It's been nothing but progress with a willing horse. Sometimes working with horses can be compared to working with children with ADD. You just have to be consisent and patient until the light bulb lights up.

You will get there!

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 12:12 pm

September 2014 10347721_813302165355945_4927256776930764974_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

September 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 2014   September 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down