Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

November 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Yep. I remember all that stuff.

Awwww. Eli didn't want his new friend to leave him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:25 am

I wouldn't be able to tell a Studebaker from an Edsel even now, but I got the rest of them. Good list!

Poor Eli. When can he go out to play with his brother?

Daisy and Kazi got their trims today. They did so good. Both walked straight onto the trailer with no arguments. Then acted great for the farrier and we were done in record time. No x-rays today! Kazi is down to 906 pounds. Just 30 more pounds to go. I think she looks thin enough, but the vet wants more. Daisy still has a hundred more pounds to lose, poor mare.

Areion and Ivan were thrilled when the horse trailer got back. Lots of yelling and running around the arena. You would have thought they were separated for months instead of a couple of hours. Both ran until they were sweaty. They needed the exercise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:43 am

ARK, Eli can freely run with Isaiah prob end of next week………..he was gelded only last Thursday so he is still swollen……………….the swelling must be gone so he can't be injured internally in any way……they will be fine together I'm sure but his running for now is to be limited.  Meantime crybaby will have to suffice
with supervised recess.  LOL Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:32 pm

GRAYMARE
 At least Eli can talk to his brother thru the fence!  I bet having an older gelding will help Eli's horse socialization.  Areion had Ivan to pal around with.  She still screams for Daisy when they are separated...big baby.

ELLEN
 HMMMMM, I am not seeing the lack of posting button.  This has happened in the past to some folks and I can only recommend two things.  First: turn off your computer and re-boot.  That works on rare occasions.  The second suggestion:  wait and the network connections between your computer and wherever Forumotion is located will heal up and work in a few days.  This usually happens regionally, I've noticed.  It hasn't been a problem in a while.  CB's issue is usually getting her password or username' s letter case mixed up.  Or she has a cranky computer Laughing  .

I sent CB a new password, but haven't heard from her.  I did see on Facebook that she had arrived in MO safely. wavy   Hopefully the new password will work.

I had a very nice lesson on Mr. Mellow Ivan today!  We used the new hackamore for the entire lesson.  I think we do better with it than with his snafflebit!  He spooked at something or other and leaped forward, hit the end of the reins, and when the hackamore engaged, he dropped his head and didn't offer to continue the spook.  He was very mellow despite the howling wind and chilly weather.  He is listening to my body language more and we are moving on a looser rein than I can use with the snaffle.  The proof of how good it works will be when he gets in an excitable situation...like when Albert the Arab gelding comes around.

Areion did really well after Ivan's lesson.  She did everything Lori asked her to do with no dramatics....even in the windy rain that started up during her lesson.  Areion likes rain Very Happy .  My new safety vest is finally on its way here and if Areion continues to do so well, I will ride her next week.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 pm

ARK………….went out after lunch and changed my mind.  Today was a perfect day…….pleasant at 75, breezy, so changed my mind…………….it's silly to make him stay in when he's been out since day one after his gelding……………………..LOL, check this after walking together for about 1 minute, literally.
They're still out there.  I best go feed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Yea!!!! It's back. The box in which to reply was gone for a while. It seems to be okay now, but it did take a while for it to come up.

Sometimes putting on a bridle/bit that has a bit more bite results in a much softer horse, with a lot less struggle. I'm glad that it's working well for you.

Graymare, those two look so happy and content together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:12 pm

GRAYMARE
Awwwwwwww, that is very sweet. Best buds already. Two pretty guys, too! Faith has pretty foals. Very Happy

ELLEN
Oh, good. It cured itself! That is what usually happens. Thank goodness!

If the hackamore makes Ivan a calmer guy in an excitable situation, I will be tickled pink! Albert may come here next week...... affraid
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:45 am

CB wants me to tell you all that she is in Missouri but at this time she can read posts but can't post it tells her that she has no internet connection, she is going to keep trying and will be back as soon as she can
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 pm

I am in town woohoo...
Thanks ark and sunny.....it must be. my phone ark cuz I ain't senile yet lol
Grat that atticus is back GM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Glad you're safe CB…….can't wait to hear the stories.

I'm going riding in about 15-20 min……………..yes, today is the day.  Isaiah is saddled and waiting……..
still eating his hay.  I'm just riding here as i unhooked the trailer, and also, prob smartest for first time up since I sold him……….I'm dying to see what has been used and if he now has any habits I don't like.
If he does, no prob, I'll fix them…….after all, I have a long long time.  sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:42 pm

CB, good to know you are safe in Missouri. Post when you can.

Graymare, I'd much rather be riding with your than to be shoveling leaves, which is what I'm doing this afternoon. Too wet to burn, so I'm bagging them to be picked up next Tuesday. If I don't do something with them, they'll just blow right back where they came from. Noooo. Don't want that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Honestly.  We didn't get 50ft and he started crying back to Eli…..it really made me laugh.  

So, 30 min trotting made him not even think of Eli….good for me, good for him.  I'm naturally tired but rode long enough to find sev things I need to fix for me…………….he still has great attitude so the rest is having been allowed to do things I don't allow…………I'd forgotten how smooth he is……...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:26 pm

oops………………….

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:37 pm

THAT is the picture of a HAPPY cowgirl! Love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:10 pm

GRAYMARE
That is a terrific photo of you both! Yep, you are going to have fun this winter! He looks like he is ready to settle right to work. How did Eli react to Big Brother being ridden?
The first time Daisy got ridden after Areion was born, Areion could not believe her eyes Laughing .

ELLEN
Our remaining leaves are in the next county by now. It is incredibly windy. Of course, the leaves from the county to the west are on their way here. Rolling Eyes

CB
Aha! I knew you would find a way here! ClappingHands How are things in MO? Do your animals wonder where the hot weather went? Are you living in the house yet?

SUNNY
How is Kent doing? You haven't mentioned him in awhile. Is your weather suiting you?

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:23 pm

The reason I'm smiling in the pic is Isaiah is whinnying to Eli as Eli is in the background carrying on.
LOL……look at Isaiah's mouth.

This is REALLY going to be fun……………The Gibert Bozo Brothers Traveling' Crybaby Cowboy Show!

Anyhow, a great time.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:57 am

Please say a prayer and hum really loud for my brother, he is in induced coma, lungs r very worn out....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:51 am

(((((((((((CB's Brother)))))))))))

CB
Big prayers and hums and positive thoughts for your brother and his family..... hug
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:08 am

Oh wow, CB! I'm so sorry to hear that. Big prayers going up for him, and for all of you around him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:21 am

Oh no…………..big prayers from here CB……………..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:00 pm

A big HUG and prayers conning your way for your brother and you
HE
Greymare, Kent is hanging in there but not in the greatest of health, still no doctor to go see and he is so l confused about Medicare he does not have the coverage he needs and since I am on Medicaid I can't help him much, I told him to call social security to help him find the help he needs but he is a typical man and does not want to ask for help, like it is a macho thing or something I will try to get someone to call him to explain the plans he needs for coverage Kent is at least able to keep his sugars in check as Wal-Mart has a program where he can get his insulin over the counter without a prescription and the bottles are only 24 dollars each
I hope everyone has a great weekend and Greymare, have fun with Isaiah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:41 pm

CB Hums for your brother from here.

SUNNY try and convince Kent to contact the Council on Aging. They are a fabulous organization that can help him figure out his social security benefits, but also any other benefits he may be eligible for that he doesn't know about. Their services are generally free or on a sliding scale based on income. Around here they will even come to your home if you're unable to get out to them.

GREYMARE, Isiah/Atticus looks great. I love that even though he's talking to his little buddy he's keeping his down and listening to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:21 pm

CB asked me to up date you on her brothers condition, they took the tube out of him and put him on oxygen it was touch and go for a little while but he is doing better just not out of the woods yet he still has pneumonia, she also wanted me to tell you that the only time she will be able to post is when she is in town away from the house they are going back to Texas on the 11th to sign papers and get the rest of there stuff but between the both of us will keep you updated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:51 pm

I hope CB's brother continues to improve. Maybe she can take a look at Hughesnet for internet service. There are probably other satellite internet companies, but that's the only one I know. That would give her internet service all the time.

The second knitting class went pretty well today. The owner of a new yarn shop came to help out. She was great, and I think will probably work out something to have a class every couple of months at the library where we had 'my' classes. That will work really well for her to help give her business a boost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:13 am

Prayers as neededdddddd.....
Great group of horses Syd. Eli just as handsome as when he left. AND when can I have that cute little donkey. ADORABLE......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   

Back to top Go down

November 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next