Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

November 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:13 am

Prayers as neededdddddd.....
Great group of horses Syd. Eli just as handsome as when he left. AND when can I have that cute little donkey. ADORABLE......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:34 am

THANK YOU VETRANS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:40 am

Sorry………stiff fingers…….

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:50 am

Thank you Veterans.

Here is a true story for you. This past weekend my company hosted a Fall Client Appreciation dinner at the local Amish family style dining restaurant. (Some of you may have been there, Essenhaus http://www.essenhaus.com/page/13/Restaurant-Bakery Check out their website, the food is every bit as good as it looks in the pictures.) Dinner was to start at 1:00 so we get there about noon to set up our little check in table and organize to give out name tags etc, and the power goes out. EEEKK.
We have 140 guests showing up and no idea if we're going to have to send them home without food or not. Talk to management and determine that we may not be able to have chicken, but the rest of the food is cooked. Mashed potatoes, gravy, noodles, dressing, roast beef, green beans, salad, bread and of course the PIE. Essenhaus rounds up a bunch of candles that are placed on the tables and we open the doors to seat people. Here we are using flashlights and lights from peoples cell phones to find the right name tag get them seated etc. Everyone is seated, prayer is said, and honest to goodness this happened. The person said the prayer, everyone said AMEN, and the lights went on. It couldn't have been planned any better. A large cheer went up from the guests and we all had a fabulous meal.

Here's another little story. My neighbors have a miniature pony and a sheep. They pay absolutely no attention to either. They hardly fed them last winter so I started feeding them some hay every morning when I feed my guys. Fortunately the neighbors feed them something, because they are much fatter than I can attribute to the hay I feed them. Anyway, the pony is a really skittish little thing that they keep a halter on all the time so if they get close enough to it they can grab her. As you can guess the halter is getting much to tight. I've been bribing her in the morning with peppermint to let me get close to her. This morning I was able to actually touch her and catch her and loosen her halter. Yeah! Now to continue to tame her a little more. I have plenty of peppermint.

D.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Thank you to all the Veterans. I am very grateful for their service.

Well done, Indy!  Since she is more comfortable with that halter, the pony may decide that being friendly with you is a good thing.  Of course, peppermint is always a good bribe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:51 pm

In springfield at hospital, brother was having dinner and enjoying visiting with us and his daughter and fiancee. he is being moved to regular room and out of icu. boy it was touch and go and he still has pneumonia. smoker for 55 years. ack....thanks all for the prayers and hums.....we r headed for texas to get last load and sign final papers....

Sweet dreams and y'all stay warmmm.....ohhh. we have a stray cow in our pasture and she came to pond this morning with last years calf and looks very pg so far can't find the owner I have sucker written on my forehead. stray cat, my brothers dog, and now 2 cows....lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:09 am

CB, I'm so glad to hear that your brother is improving! That is very good news.

How do you feel about "fresh" milk? Do you have a butter churn? Cream in your coffee? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 pm

WOW INDY, really neat experience……."Let there be light"…….

CB, so glad your brother has improved…………..cheers cheerscheers  Big congrats on selling Texas property.
Stay safe driving……….Ha, a cow in your pasture just hanging out waiting for you.  WAY too funny.
ROFL   ROFL   ROFL Pretty soon you'll have a herd.  That's a new take on cats showing up in a barn.
Have fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:20 am

Winter is here, even though the official start is still 36 days away. It's 28 degrees and there is a fine coating of snow on my deck. Noooooo! Not ready for this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:27 am

BOOOOOOOOOOO SNOW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:00 am

Batman & Robin

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:03 am

They are surreptitiously pretending to be mild mannered reporters, but in reality are fierce crime fighters who can transform in the blink of an eye. They are constantly on guard against the enemies called Tension and Stress and are ready to combat it with their magic powers.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:06 am

Well Batman and Robin sure have cute hineys Laughing Batman even looks like he has an upside down bat on that cute hiney! It is great they are getting along so well.

INDYAPP
I can never understand people who get animals and then totally neglect them. It is really great you have fed them and got that halter adjusted. I think I would have thought about the halter mysteriously disappearing....That dinner sounded pretty darn good!

ELLEN
Snow. Yuck. I saw some flakes this evening as we were installing the heated water buckets. I guess winter is here. No

CB
A cow? ROFL Who loses a cow? Lucky you, it found your place! Very Happy
Safe trip.... and I hope your brother continues to improve.

I had a really fun riding lesson yesterday. It was in the mid-50s with some sunshine, so was a pretty nice day. We had an obstacle course set up, mostly for Areion and Albert, but Ivan had to do a couple of things outside his comfort zone. Areion and Albert did several things new to them and were way outside their comfort zones. Ivan did great! We inflated the old 4 foot ball that Ivan used to torture. He loves pushing that thing around. (He killed two giant balls the first year we had him by chasing them down and jumping on them. We put this last one away to save its life.) Areion had never seen such a big ball and nearly had a heart attack watching me bring it down the hill. After Ivan didn't react to it, Areion got over her fear of it. She doesn't love it like Ivan does, but was not having panic attacks anyway.

We had a huge tarp that Lori scattered empty soda cans and plastic bottles on. Ivan reached down and picked up the edge of the tarp and scattered the trash everywhere Laughing . Did not bother him a bit. He walked and trotted thru it without a pause. Poor Areion stepped on a can and had a minor meltdown. When the wind blew the bottles and cans around, her life flashed before her eyes. The tarp lying flat didn't bother her to walk on, but the fluttering tarp and rattley cans freaked her. We have work to do there.

Albert wouldn't get on the tarp at all unless he followed Ivan. The cans were not in sight for him. He finally got over the fear of the tarp, but Ivan didn't appreciate Albert being behind him.

I had Ivan in his s-hook hackamore for his lesson and he continues to do well in it. So far I really like it. We did several other obstacles, Ivan and I had fun. Areion and Albert probably didn't have much fun, but it was good for them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 am

Ark, I'm really glad you are having so much fun with your horses.

It's 24 degrees this morning, here in mid-November. Too cold, too early. Not looking good for the rest of the winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 am

ELLEN
I feel your pain. It is 25 degrees here right now with wind making it feel worse. I had to go down to the barn to rescue the heated water tub from two overly destructive grey horses. The tub was empty and only kept from being rolled away by its electrical cord tether. I don't think it is damaged. I wore my barn coat, which is toasty enough, but the wind was blowing up underneath it and my shirt......brrrrrrrr. I am back in the house getting something a little snugger to wear under that coat. My delusions of being a snowbird have arrived with the weather.

I did have fun with the horses on Wednesday. I needed that! I wore my safety vest that arrived an hour before my lesson, but didn't get a chance to ride Areion since Jane and Alfred showed up a bit early. The vest seems to fit and was pretty comfy in those temps. That may change when it is 90 degrees next summer.

Gotta get back outside and feed the chickens......Have I told you about the three big 4 month old red hens I bought last spring? Never buy chickens from a guy in a parking lot at Tractor Supply. I will have to post pix of Moe, Larry, and Curly Joe....
Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Get the hums going for hubby...he is in ccu...san nangelo. had ambulance ride earl this morning.....what a flippin week this has been
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:51 pm

CB: Good grief girlfriend. Prayers being sent up for Harry, you and the rest of your family.

SUNNY: Prayers for Kent and you also.

GRAYMARE: What a great photo of the boys. They both sure have those nice looking QH hineys. What a pair they are. How wonderful you got Atticus/Isaiah back and he and Eli get along so well.

ARK: Glad you had that nice ride before the cold temps arrived. I saw SNOW flakes this afternoon. YIKES...winter is arriving.

ELLEN: I'll never understand why people get animals and they refuse to take care of them. That little pony is lucky you are a horse lover and helped her out with the too tight halter.

Life has been extra busy. I can harldy believe that Thanksgiving is almost here. What a month. After the Trunk or Treat (which was sooooo much fun even if a lot of kids thought Noah was Santa), we then did the Veterans Parade in Bloomsburg. Another moving parade with the Military Order of The Purple Heart Chapter. Last Sunday we served a lunch at church to collect money for Ebloa. Monday we had a Veterans dinner at the Legion (free for George, $4 for me, what a bargin). Yesterday I had a Barnabas meeting at church and a trip to the Library & washed my dirty car. After today we are taking a well needed rest & hardly leaving the house. (yeah like that will ever happen). LOL

Love & prayers for everyone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:18 pm

I am sending big hugs and prayers to both of you what happened
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:22 pm

((((((((((((((Harry & CB)))))))))))))))
hug

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:41 pm

(((((((((((((((((((BIG prayers & hugs CB & Harry)))))))))))))))))).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Did too much loading uhaul and this morning had a lot of pain and pressure, called ambulance, doc looked at ekc and had him going to cath lab for a stent in right coranary. artery.....his color is much better and he ate his liquid dinner......breathe a sigh of relief, it was heart attack but caught soon....wheeeewwwwwwwww.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:27 pm

REALLY GOOD to read that CB……………..Take your time and rest when you do get to MO….
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Prayers continue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:48 am

Prayers going up CB... you guys need to take it easy.

Love those horses Syd and ARK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:07 am

CB
How is Harry feeling this morning? How about you? You folks need a vacation....on a beach, for a month....

It's cold. I am so not ready for the 14 degrees it was here when I got up. I want to join CB and Harry on that beach, for a month....

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:42 am

ARK, TL & I love the beach…………doing nothing, singing songs, and grilling cheeseburgers, LOL

"Cheeseburger in paradise
Medium rare with mustard be nice
Heaven on earth with an onion slice
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise
I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer"
Jimmy Buffet

CB, do take a rest break……….you have years on your new paradise farm……….
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:39 pm

We just have to get thereee! hubbys oxygen levels was down. they r doing sonogram right now...docwon't let him travel til thurs if then....ack....I slept really good last night in the bed chair. I'm going home in a bit to shower and come back..to jessis home, thank goodness she is here with us and for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   

Back to top Go down

November 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next