Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April 2012

Go down 
+14
TallyPam
Appy
Beech
Eileen
Carol W
Santa
BarTGila
Rick Angell
Indyapp
Ellen E
Manygatess
sunny 57
cb
Ark
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

April 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Still, we wait and wait....that mare sure knows how to yank my chain, I'm thinking she likes her midnight scritches over the fence every night.....you can hear her sigh...honestly.... Wink Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 pm

CB
I slept in the hayloft over Daisy's stall for nine cold nights before Areion was born. I was very sleep deprived because Daisy snored, Wizard the barncat demanded attention all night, every goat I had needed to scratch several times each and their collar bells sounded like alarm clocks, it was very windy several nights and the metal roof sounded like it was going to blow off, and I thought I'd freeze to death. It was such fun! When Areion arrived,it made it all worthwhile. I thought I would finally get some sleep the next night and then Daisy had a bad turn and we were up half that night,too.

I sincerely hope Charmin has an easier time....and you, too!

Flessa
i will have to wait for a decent connection before I can see the video, but am looking forward to it!

Kathi
I got this Kindle not two months before the fancier Kindle Fire came out.....sigh....no color for me.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:22 pm

FLESSA, phooey..............I can't open it.

I have spent most of the day transferring photo albums to an external hard drive............oh boy, just a slow deal..........I cleaned out 3 computers...........I'm feeling whacked............now, if the two really old computers blow up, who cares? Of course, minus fifty tons of stupid pics, the old ones are up and walking straight and fast................DUH. Hoodathunk it?

Everyone have a good evening..........oh, FLESSA, I have put more free books on my Kindle............thanks again.

I'm done for............

later gators.............God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
flessasgold

flessasgold

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm

I noticed that to make the link work right, it is better to copy the link into a browser address box, then delete the last words. It should look like this when you hit return:

https://youtu.be/bKYNj48Ja_0

For some reason just clicking on the link in my first post doesn't work. I am going to go back and edit it to see if I can make it work better.
Back to top Go down
flessasgold

flessasgold

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 pm

yay! that should work better. had to add a space at the end of the url before the last bracket.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:11 am

FLESSA still can't open the link from here so I cut and paste to another web browser and it linked to you tube, but I got the message that it is a private video and need a login to view.
Back to top Go down
flessasgold

flessasgold

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 am

OK, I went back and did some research on Private videos and found this:

Please note:

* You cannot share a private video with more than 50 other users. If you'd like to share the video with more people, you'll need to set the video to Public or Unlisted.

* In order to watch a private video, your contacts must already have a YouTube account. If they don't already have an account, they'll first need to sign up for an account. Once they've activated their account, they'll then be able to sign in and watch the private video you sent them. If they do not sign into their account before watching the video, the video will not load

So I am going to change it to Unlisted and see if that works for everybody.

OK it is supposed to be changed but that gave us a different url to use so try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKYNj48Ja_0

and let me know if it works this time.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi FLESSA, still private and can't get in.........we're now all excited to see it............Praying all is well with VICKI as she deserves some slack and good times with a new pony.................I'm hoping that is what it is. Smile
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:23 pm

ARK, I can't open my message thing when it says I have one? any hints?
I slept in my truck last night also! I went out to check and the goats were sleeping up by the fence near the other horses, they never do that and Charmin was right there too....(I also found that Tank snores like a freight train!) I didn't know why they weren't in the shed, and I shone my light there and to the right of the barn were two sets of eyes...and I figured coyotes or foxes...I came in and got my gun, and got closer after turning my truck lights on and there were two WOLVES! staring right back at me! Brazen things....I am not saying if I got any of them or not....its safer that way! Neutral But that is all I need around here with my lil doggies and a foal about to be born! So now it will be sleep in the truck at night where I can flip on my headlights and see whats going on at any given time and I'll have to watch my doggies very closely! We havn't had any of them in this area for about 8 years and now they show. They are not getting my baby!
Charmin may be hanging on since the wolves are in the area...may be why she hasn't dropped that foal yet. There is no one who lives on that side of my fence at all, and I put slugs in my gun last night instead of birdshot... wolves kill sheep, lambs, cows birthing, calves and peoples pets every day out here...and yes even horses and foals....and they are NOT getting my babies without a good fight! Kyle and his buddies will come over this weekend at nighttime....I have the right to protect my stock, so hopefully they will move on....or give us all some target practice. If I offend anyone who loves the wolves, sorry, but its a different world here when they kill your beloved animals...or your livelihood for ranchers/farmers.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 pm

more power to you Clara, those wolves have no business being there and they are out of there territory, which means there is something wrong either with them or there normal area, either way as much as I like wolves they need to be gone, and you are right she is probably holding on until it is safe, hopefuly they will leave with you out there if not they have lost there fear of humans and are dangerous, do what you have to and I hope for the best for you. and BE CAREFUL
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Hey y'all I am home finally. Reached the ranch yesterday shortly after noon. Wow, it was a long trip but non eventful, and that is good. Tug did great on his first long journey, away from all he was familiar with except me. I stuck to me like stink on sh*t and still is.. He seem to be settling in nicely, barked his head off at the horses, and not sure what a cat is or wheather you eat it or play with it but they are not about to be mauled by some no 'count mutt. The cats rule here evidently.
HOrses simply ignore him or stand and stare at him daring him to come any closer. He stays back so far.
Everything is green and lush here, some of the early flowers have been here and gone, so missed that. Trees are just about out in full leaf. All is well on the homestead so far. Got a lot of running to do, errands, bills, taxes, appointments. Income tax has to be dealt with and brought in to accountant. All for now folks.
Back to top Go down
flessasgold

flessasgold

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:41 pm

I tried to upload the file to AMMI files but that didn't work either so I am stumped. when i click on the link, it comes right up. i need help from CP to figure it out.

maybe because i took the video with my iPhone so format could be the problem?
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Flessa you have to delete the private video and reload it as what ever you want it to be now. You can't just re-select a new choice. Hope that helps. It will always play for you because you uploaded it but no one else can see it.

Hope CB has a baby tonight. Sounds like it is time.

Everyone have a good night...cool here after our hail but the sun gave it a good try today.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:44 am

Just checking in to see if CB has a baby yet ...... I guess it is pretty early out there yet, but sure am curious about it. LOL
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:34 am

No baby yet CAROL! Charmin is waxed now altho not a lot but she is waxed on the ends of the teats....so? Hubby will be home early in the morning, he says she is going to wait for him to get home! LOL

No signs of the wolves last night altho the goats and Charmin laid by the divider fence next to the other two horses all night long in the rain and goats DO NOT like to get rained on! so I know they were close but they weren't moving, the boys have night goggles to wear....and they were anxious to get a shot....but the wolves could probably smell them! They were probably smokin or eating or talking....so maybe hubby and I will take a turn the next night....we know how to be quiet! LOL

Well, I'm going to try and get a few hours of sleep now that it is daylight...g'night
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:13 pm

CB
Yikes!! And i thought my little fox was bad! I sure wish you and Harry were already in Texas. Idaho sounds too exciting....Can you lock your goats in the horse trailer at night?
I am still on my beloved Kindle and can't check on your message problem yet. I suspect you have one of those ads,not a real message. Beware of those messages between the logo photo and the posts. Most are ads.

Flessa
There is a free app on my iPod Touch called "Science Fiction Books" that I got at the App Store that has dozens of sci-fi stories on it. Many are just partial previews of books that they want you to buy, but these are public domain books you can get free on Amazon, Project Gutenberg or some site out of England. There are also complete novels on the app that are free and many complete stories from old sci-fi magazines. Kind of a fun app.

Does anyone play the App store game "Draw Something"? I am hooked. My username is Arkazivan if anyone wants to play. I can only access it when I go to town, so can only play a couple times a week. It is like Pictionary.

Donnie and I celebrated our 38th anniversary yesterday by going to a movie. We saw "Hunger Games". I had read the novel and enjoyed it. The movie would have been equally as good if they had not filmed it with hand held cameras that they continuously jerked and bounced around so much that half the time you couldn't focus on the screen without getting motion sickness. I made it thru the movie, but felt sick for hours afterward. I have no plans to see the sequels. Admittedly I am easy to get motion sickness, but Donnie couldn't stand to focus on the screen either.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:37 pm

wow 38 years that is great not many people make it that long, to bad about the movie it sounded like it was a good movie inthe reviews. I hope the people in the midwest batten down the hatches as they are in for a rough time with tornados this weekend, I have a friend in Oklahoma but have not herd from her yet
Back to top Go down
BarTGila

BarTGila

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Ark, Congrats on 38 yrs. The Hunger Games did not appeal to me either. I was not even empressed with the books. I think it is a kid thing they seemed to be badly written to me.

Well poooo no baby for CB. Maybe tonight.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Sunny, I think Okie and Meghan had a playday today to got to...I read something on facebook about it...so they are probably just out having fun. I, too, hope all will be safe in the area that they are warning about...hope they heed all the warnings and act appropiately...bor their safety and lives.

Still no baby..of any kind....Pinky the littlest doxie female is dragging on the floor, but she just looks at me and sayd "NO, I AM NOT DOING THIS"!....she is curled up in hubbys' chair right now, snoozzing.

She has a nice whelping pen set up in the dining area...I am minus my table and chairs, theya re stored in the junk bedroom, for now...

So I am just waiting and being bored....yawn...may take a nap...Daytime the goats will lay in the barn, but night time, no way...they laid out in the rain last night....and goats hate rain or water...so I know those wolves are out there...I'm hoping we can take care of the problem or they will just leave from us bothering them too much.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:06 am

Happy Belated Anniversary ARK and DONNIE!

and still no baby....I'm keeping close watch..sitting in my doorway in my recliner and my rifle across my lap....I said I really pity any salesperson that shows up early! LOL....but I'm on watch for those pesky wolves...they arn't getting any of my babies!

Sweet Dreams y'all and stay safe for those in the storms path...I'm watching the weather channel right now...wowzer!

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Wisdom/Proverbs from Larry (The Cable Guy)

1.A day without sunshine is like night.

2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.

3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.

6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

9. Support bacteria. They're the only culture most people have.

10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.

14. OK, so what's the speed of dark?

15. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?

18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?

20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?

21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the heck happened?'

22. Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.

23. Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

24. Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

Prayers for ALL.

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked YOU ARE BEING WARNED Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316AzLYfAzw

SNOOP...on guard Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Still nuthin.....sigh....

Hope everyone is safe after the terrible storms....or minimal injuries...wow what storms....I need to get my weather channel cranked up and see whats going on, when the goats go lay in the barn I know the bad wolf is not there, so I did get a 4 hour good nap this morning...

Rick, you scare me! I don't know if I should go to that site or not! LOL
Back to top Go down
Ann/Sam

Ann/Sam

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:01 pm

CB, you should be scared! LOL I went. CRAZY! He he he, Rick! ;-D
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 pm

to funny Rick, they have TNT there, ha ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Ann Sam now you are scaring me! Whats with the broom, I thought Witchypoo was our resident witch on here! LOL

WHEW..the wind is blowing hard here....but no tornados at least...thank goodness.

Tommorrow and next day we are to have thunder boomers with rain....figures, hubby is home, and the weather is just CRAPPY...grrrr...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   April 2012 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2012
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next