Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

April 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:00 am

Hey ARK................look at th at. You are a wizard.........hou fixed my squint eyes......

Everyone have a good day...........I'm going to go get Lilly and take her to the vet..............and I will be on her sh it list for a long time..................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 pm

THANKS ARK!

Graymare, she won't even remember it was you! I'm taking our lil boston male, Bully, into get neutered next month, and some dental stuff done on shortstuff and skittles...and then all I'll need is some rabies shots updated on my younger ones, I already have my coggins on horses, so I think I will be set to go....

Bart, its nice to have family that helps out!

TRUDY, no snow? I figured our family would be getting some up that way from the look of the weather map...wow! Hope this snow doesn't cause a lot of flooding...

Sunny, we have sunshine and WARM weather, but it feels great!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 pm

we are having a great cool day it is in the upper 60's supposed to get to thelow 70's but then crawl back to the 80's but at least not the 90's and it is real windy but that is o,k hope everyone else is having a great day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 pm

A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM

If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a regular workout routine.

Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, my husband purchased a week of personal training at the local health club.
Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.
I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Christo, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.
Friends seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Christo waiting for me. He is something of a Greek god-- with blond hair, dancing eyes, and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!
Christo gave me a tour and showed me the machines... I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!
Christo was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Christo made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. His rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT! It's a whole new life for me.
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.
Christo was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members.. His voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.
My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Christo put me on the stair monster. Why would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Christo told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other crap too.
Butt hole was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late-- it took me that long to tie my shoes.
He took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny witch to find me.
Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine-- which I sank.
I hate that jackass Christo more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic, little aerobic instructor. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it.
Christo wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the darn barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.
The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?
Satan left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing his voice made me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel..
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my husband will choose a gift for me that is fun-- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!

We all need a good laugh

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Appy

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Mizz CB, when you all hauling out? Contemplateing my next Idaho visitation.

AP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol W

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Graymare ... now that you mention it, one of my favorite things about Ice is that I can tie him up anywhere and not worry about what he will do. He will stand there without fussing as long as I need him too. Sometimes that is worth more than gold. Ark, maybe you could start tying him up someplace while you are cleaning barn and then just increase the time. It really is a great patience teacher. Lots of good ideas Graymare. Ark, it really is hard sometimes. Don't get discouraged ... just go places with him with low expectations. If you never get on him ...OK, but he still has to deal with whatever is going on around him. (((Ark)))

Yup ... LMAO too Graymare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Has anyone seen the weather news? ure hope that terrible storm isn't near TRUDY..........or, if snow, hope she is among those with electricity............it sounds a huge mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Gray mare===== I believed you all the way to the end before i caught on!!!!

Wife has just had all that-----doing great and the best thing we have had last 4 months or more. See you foops soon----there is a smile in those clouds upstairs Smile Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:48 pm

APPY, when are you contemplating? as soon as my doxie has her lil ones, I think it will be safe to take the truck down to Texas....so it depends on these doxies spawning their lil monsters..
I'll take a truck down with tools etcllllunload it and come back on the bus....and then Hubby and I will head down with a load of animals...and he will drive the other truck back up with the trailer...and I'll stay down ....can't wait to get this move on the move! However or whenever we get 'er done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Graymare, that storm was getting pretty close to Trudys place....I grew up about 40 miles from Trudys...know the area well. It almost looked like the storm was splitting and going around her on the weather map, but it was close if it missed her.

I spent some time tonight scritching the baby, and it looks like she is getting stripes down from her backbone down her sides and down her rump area/hips....where the stripes are coming in at the hair is shorter....

Question being here? IS she a Zorse? I don't know for sure what Charmin was bred to! LOL Wouldn't that just frost hubby's arse! LOL...I think it would be adorable. Guess we'll have to wait to see...and I'll get another pic in a few days...if Flessa will post it for me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:04 am

I do like the size of the type now. cheers It took me about three hours to find the line of code dealing with the post letter size. I have messed up the times and dates on the post review below where we are making our messages in the posting box. I don't know how to change that back to a decent size, so we may have to deal with those overlaying numbers and letters down there for awhile. There are about 6000 lines of code, most not labeled well enough for me to figure them out.... Rolling Eyes

GRAYMARE:
How is Lily doing tonight? Poor ouchy pup.....Thanks for the tips about tying Ivan up. He is not a good one to tie well and we do need to work on it. He pulls back when he gets freaked. Daisy is a great tying horse, she goes directly to sleep. I think I will start tying Ivan, Daisy and Areion up at the same time in the arena. Daisy might keep them calm. Strangely, Ivan did pretty good at the horse show we took him to last month. He was amongst strange horses and didn't freak out over anything. He was a nutcase here at home with the strange horses.

CAROL:
Ivan was really freaked by the sudden company of four strange horses showing up in his arena near his mares. CB's suggestion about bringing more horses in more often may help that situation.....or not. Ivan is really emotional and once his brains go, they are very difficult to get back. He is so fixated on Daisy. I may need to board him off our property for awhile to get him over wanting to be with Daisy all the time. He gets upset if other horses are anywhere near her or if she disappears from his sight. He was quite a pill on Saturday....You are probably right that I should take him places even if I don't get on him.

CB:
When is your doxy due to pop? Is your trip back to Texas going to be soon? Did you notice the little shruggy guy is back?

BEECH:
How's the weather? Did you get the snow that some of the NE got? We had a blizzard here this morning, snow coming down horizontally, but it turned to rain with lots of wind later. After temps in the 70s recently, we are freezing our collective patooties off today. It will be back in the 70s by Friday, though.

TRUDY:
I heard PA got snow. Did you? How is George's garden? I think our apple tree escaped the worst of the cold weather, the blossoms are turning into tiny little apple buds.
Very Happy

OL'MAN:
Great to see you posting!! What's been going on with you and Virginia? Is she doing well? I loved GRAYMARE's story/joke, too
Laughing.

APPY:
Does your stallion still live in Idaho? Do you still have mares, too? How is your sister doing?

I had a nice lunch with my friend. She is about to publish a book she has written about a horse farm in PA, a novel for teens mostly. Guess who one of the character horses is? Kazi! Of course, I will be buying a copy
Cool . Kazi's photo will be in it and she is one of the schooling horses in the story. Her character is the beautiful, but uppity mare that the rich girl wants to ride in the club horseshow. When they make a movie of the week of the story, I will have to become a stage mom.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 am

Well, a Girl Potato and Boy Potato had eyes for each other,and finally they got married, and had a little sweet potato, which they called 'Yam'.

Of course, they wanted the best for Yam. When it was time, they told her about the facts of life.

They warned her about going out and getting half-baked, so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed, and get a bad name for herself like 'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots. Yam said not to worry, no Spud would get her into the sack and make a rotten potato out of her!

But on the other hand she wouldn't stay home and become a Couch Potato either. She would get plenty of exercise so as not to be skinny like her Shoestring Cousins.

When she went off to Europe, Mr. And Mrs. Potato told Yam to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland . And the greasy guys from France called the French Fries. And when she went out West, to watch out for the Indians so she wouldn't get scalloped.

Yam said she would stay on the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate with those high class Yukon Golds, or the ones from the other side of the tracks who advertise their trade on all the trucks that say,'Frito Lay.'

Mr. And Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U. (that's Potato University ).
So that when she graduated she'd really be in the Chips.

But in spite of all they did for her, one-day Yam came home and announced she was
going to marry Tom Brokaw.

Tom Brokaw!

Mr.. and Mrs. Potato were very upset. They told Yam she couldn't possibly marry Tom Brokaw because he's just.......

Are you ready for this?

Are you sure?

OK!
Here it is!

A COMMONTATER
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:53 am

Grroooooaaaaannnnn!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beech

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 am

Aw, Rick, I’d heard that one before, but it’s still cute. Wink

Graymare, I loved the gym tale and have already shipped it off to others. bouncy And I wish I’d had your horse training wisdom years ago. I think you should write a book. I’d buy it. study

CB: Congratulations! lol!

ARK: Rain here, light sprinkles yesterday and heavier rain today, but nowhere near the huge deluges the forecasters were threatening – in this spot, anyway. We needed rain badly, so the wet has been welcome. No snow here, but cool – enough to justify a fire in the woodstove each of the past two nights. The big news: leaves just trembling into existence this week, making the wooded hillsides 87-plus lovely shades of light green, pea green, soft gold, dark green, yellow…

Going to replant peas tomorrow, ride the big scoot off to a library to return some books – and maybe clean house? …Ahhh, no, forget that last part… rake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:13 am

So I don't have to do the type between the brackets any longer????

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:15 am

YIPPEEEEE that worked...

Thanks for worrying about us but we escaped the snow, although a little north of here 12 inches of the nasty white stuff. Back home around Pittsburgh, right where George used to work, they got a lot of snow too...Crazy weather. Last week I was jogging with Ace wearing a t-shirt and shorts, yesterday I was bundled up wearing layers of clothing and a winter jacket & raincoat. We need the rain but can certainly skip the cold and snow.

We only have onions and potatoes in the garden so far. The tomato plants are still safe in the dining room, they have perked up a little, we thought they might not make it but we shall give them a little more time.

Busy day today..off to vote and then to work and shopping.

Have a great day everyone.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol W

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 am

Trudy ... glad you are safe!!! as well as your tomato plants. Once I get a couple of tomato plants started, they are prize possessions.... I love to be able to go pick and eat!!!!! LOL

Ark .. sounds like you have several good ideas for Ivan. If it will make you feel better, Ice is not always Mr. Angel either!!! LOL Yesterday he was his best Mr. Perfect after starting out with .... "Don't you dare touch my face!!!" shake head and snort. hmmmm says I ..... Yes, I will be touching your face and fussing with your forelock and YES I want to touch your ears too!!!!!! He really likes his hair to be a mess ... makes me laugh to make it all nice and then he shakes his head to get it just right. Anyway, it is spring and they all have a bug up their butt once in a while. Our job is to take note and change it up for them. LOLOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:27 am

wow, it was chilly this morning it went down to 48 unherd of for this time of year we broke records for the cold temps today andalso predicted for tomorrow but that is o.k it is supposed to get to almost 75 today and 85 tomorrow crazy weather, well hope all is well with all in over 50 land
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:11 pm

TP and INDYApp I eed your snail mail addys please. Can you emakil me with them....I already have yours Ellen.

Inday App guessed the date correctly and long ears,
Ellen, was the closest to the color
and TP got the filly right....

so ya each get a small prize! LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Rick says I'm being mean...this is a test to see if I can get it small

Snoop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:31 pm

And this is our "new regular" size....I hope!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Baby doesn't like the rain, she had her ears flat back against her head and looked preeeety darn mean! heheheh...we are spose to have rain and wind up 70 mph....well, we got huge drops that came down fast and a little wind and the power went out! It goes out every darn little storm we have! and I have to pay good money for my power bill...and they can't get this glitch fixed! Good thing I still had a charge left....but guess I'd better go find me a book to read....it may be out for awhile...sigh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:41 pm

AHA!the power is back on...and I hope to stay! Lucky this time. There were lots out of power according to the news I just watched!

Ran out to get all my feeding done ...at least until bedtime, I'm feeding Charin four times a day now, I split up her regular ration into 3 feedings, and I throw in an extra one at bedtime...she likes that! I do not want her to lose weight! like she was when she came to me....no no ....

sweet dreams Y'all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 pm

CB:
That was one thing I enjoyed about having a foal, feeding the mama as much as I wanted without worrying about her weight. We did better keeping weight on Daisy, Kazi lost quite a bit while she was nursing Kazimir, but she looked good.

RICK:
I guess your small letter experiment worked! How do you like these letters? What a Face

CAROL:
Ivan seems to take a few steps forward, then slips back one or two on occasion. Rolling Eyes It's usually his emotions that get in his way. We have a lesson tomorrow, I suspect Lori will want to work on getting control of Ivan's body parts, but when his emotions run high, he forgets everything. I have a ride to go to on May 5th with him. Should be interesting. He is an interesting project, never a dull moment.
Hey, we need new pix of you and Ice!

TRUDY:
Are you getting all the wind? It has been HOWLING here all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer and less windy.

Today Ivan and Areion worked hard at demolishing a mailbox on a stand that we put in the arena last Saturday as an obstacle. It isn't an obstacle any longer. It's in itty bitty pieces. I caught them at it after the deed had been mostly done. Daisy was asleep in the corner while they had their fun. Sleep Sleeping is one of Daisy's greatest talents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:55 am

After several days of high winds, it finally died down this evening. The lake is like glass right now. While it didn't cause any problems, it's a bit of a relief to not have so much wind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 am

Man, this baby ran circles around her Mom tonight...I had my front door open and could watch her rip and tear around...full gallop...lil sh*t! She ran up to her Mom and kicked her 3 times...yes she did! Mom just pushed back into her until the baby lost her balance and toppled down! but she was right back up and off again! with Mom chasing her down to keep her out of trouble! I have never seen a foal this young rip around like she did tonight! Agile lil girl! she even did one sliding stop! LOL...I guess its good for them to stretch those legs...must have felt good to her! Mom got to screamin at her tho...she was not happy about it!
Entertaining to say the least! I just hope she doesn't get herself hurt not being able to stop in time and hit the fence! I's a worrywort!
Now if Pinky would have these pups I'd be ever so grateful!

Nighty nite!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2012   

Back to top Go down

April 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next