Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April 2015

Go down 
+5
Indyapp
Manygatess
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:23 am

APRIL 2015 !  

April  2015 XV05IW

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:32 am

Can't read it............. affraid

That's hysterical.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Just back in from the barn.............got my first April Fool prank.
Friend, 51, e mailed me and said she's pregnant with "OMG, what do I do?" I e mailed her back and said "write back and please say this is April Fool"

LOL, hope she is kidding.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 2:23 pm

While 51 is a little late to be having a baby, wouldn't it REALLY be an April Fool's joke on her if she really was. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Happy April everyone. 6" of fresh not so lovely white stuff fell here yesterday. March came in like a lion and went out like a lion. It is melting like mad and our yard is almost bare. Friday it is going to be 65 degrees. Crazy PA weather..anything is possible from now until May arrives. Ace was a happy dog, he got to play snowball 2 days in row.

GRAYMARE: Gosh at 51, if I was going to have a baby, I would be also having a nervous breakdown. Hope it was a April Fools joke on you.

CB: Sorry I'm a little late on the CONGRATS on your new little grand baby. CONGRATS...

Keep thinking spring everyone.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Yep, a joke. I thought it had to be, however, she went so far as to steal an ultrasound pic and sent it to her husband...............I guess he flipped so she had to say "April Fool". Hey, seems the man is the last to know...............there will be a lot of jokes in the riding gang over this one. AND, probably a big cold bedroom at her house tonight.

Heavens I would have never thought that one up..............it would have given TL a heart attack at age 51.

Everyone have a good evening........... Cool
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:50 pm

That was a good stunt to start the day. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 11:46 pm

I think it's funny, but I bet Tony didn't...............although, I bet he is happily wiping his brow tonight................they have 3 in college
currently, all young men, and all 3 work. Good boys.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:50 am

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:37 am

I think I'll stick to the Olympic Rider who is supposedly running for President as an April Fool's joke. That being pregnant at age 51 hits too close to home and would scare the bejeebers out of me!

I'm afraid to say this very loud as just last week it was in the 20's but yesterday it made it into the 60's and was absolutely gorgeous! Perhaps Spring really is here. So last night after dinner since it was so nice out I decided to go out and play with the horses. Started with taking a hair-bath by brushing Sophie. Then I decided to see how the harness I bought last fall at the auction fit her. Some parts fit very well, others parts need adjustments at the harness shop. The draft horse headstall at the smallest settings fit her with just a little extra room versus the saddle horse headstall let all the way out still squishes her a bit. I think she likes the extra roomy version so we're going to give that a try and see how it works out. The draft horse breaching fits her big butt nicely but the strap that goes from the surcingle to the breaching shortened all the way is still just a bit too long so will have to get a shorter strap. The draft horse surcingle and girth fit her nicely versus the saddle horse version doesn't come close to touching let alone fitting. However, the draft horse size strap that I have no idea what the name is that holds the thing-a-ma-jigs that the shafts go through down, is at least 6 inches too long. Will definitely have to replace that strap.

So Sophie stood patiently while I fitted everything and put it all together, she was such a good girl. I also think she just wanted the attention. So what the heck let's go one step further. Let's see how she will ground drive. She hasn't been driven in any manner in at least 5 years. She did terrific. Only draw back was that I did this after dinner and dinner didn't much appreciate ME trotting around on a full stomach. I figured I'd stop while I was ahead and put her away. I waited too long to call the driving trainer to schedule her brush up training and won't be able to get her in until the first of June. In the mean time I can do a lot of ground work and ride her. I want someone with more driving experience than I have to be the actual one to hook her up for the first time after so many years of not driving. I really don't want to crash my new buggy on the first drive!!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:44 am

It really was a nice day yesterday. The parade of golf cars and walkers going past my house went on all day. Most were out for the first time.

Indy, sounds like you are ready to have some fun with Sophie.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 2:37 pm

65 degrees today and sunshine. WOOHOOOOOOOOO The snow is gone already and I saw some tulips peeking up out of the ground this morning. C'mon SPRING...
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:00 pm

ELLEN I had this mental vision of golf carts and people USING walkers going by... I had to go back and reread what you wrote. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Indy, where I live is a VERY lightly traveled road. Only people who live back in here use it, so it makes a good place for people to walk. During the summer, I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that maybe 50 people will pass by just exercise walking. Golf cars are also VERY popular; there are hundreds of them, and again, because of the light traffic this is a good area for them to drive around.

Trudy, my tulips are up about 3 inches so far. It will probably be at least a week or more before they start to bloom. I always look forward to that. A few years ago, I bought some over-priced bulbs from a school fund raiser. But, they are good bulbs and produce strong healthy blooms, so I guess I got my money's worth.
The grass is only beginning to think about turning green, but today's rain may help that along.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 5:40 pm

So I was sitting on the couch thinking about lunch and suddenly knew my peacock was loose.  No ESP here, he was looking in the door window at me and singing the song of his PEAple.  Loudly. I went out the door with my trusty umbrella, that Ptolemy hates, he took one look and ran for the dome and dived into the hole in the mesh he had escaped from, followed by the two peahens.  Easiest capture ever.  cheers

INDYAPP
 Don't you love trying new things on horses?  It's much more fun than trying new things on me! Laughing   You will have lots of fun driving Sophie.  I have only driven Zippy and his cart, but have had so much fun with him over the years.  He was easy to train and is nearly spook proof, a nice combo...Is Sophie a calm horse?  We need pix of her and your new cart.....

I just got snazzy new flymasks for Ivan, Areion, and Daisy.  I look forward to trying them on the horses!  They have colorful ears Smile .  They are so rough on flymasks, they get new ones more often than Kazi, who takes care of her clothes.  Doesn't seem quite fair.

TRUDY
 About time you got some decent weather!  Our forcythias (how is that spelled?? Spellchek is pitching a fit) are starting to bloom.  I hope the apple tree holds off blooming for awhile in case it frosts again.  We have the most wonderful apples from that tree.

I didn't go to the physical therapist today.  I have a terrible cold that I didn't want to share with the folks at the hospital.  At least I didn't get Donnie's flu bug.

ELLEN
 I love your neighborhood.  Do you ever think about moving to Texas in the dead of winter?  The life of a snowbird appeals to me.

GRAYMARE
I loved that video!!!
 Your neighborhood sounds nice, too, but I could never survive the summers there.  Are you going to the mountains this summer?

SUNNY
 Feeling any better?  Those were some nice Native American photos you posted on Facebook the other day.  Very pretty!

Barn is clean and ready for the horses this evening.  Back to sneezing, coughing, and hacking for me. No
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 6:37 pm

I am still waiting for the results of all the tests that were run, hopefully by the first of the week I will have some news or I will be on the phone, my friend in Idaho is native American and she sends me pics all the time she grew up on a reservation in either north or south Dakota,
Well we are getting ready for temps in the 90's by next weekend I am not ready for this yet we did not have much of a winter, one good thing all the snowbirds are heading home the park is clearing out, this year the people were snootier than normal, I tried to get in on some card games at the clubhouse but they turned me down and when I saw them walking they ignored me even when I waved hi or said good day I tried to be friendly that is the way it is here in winter the year round residents aren't that bad they will at least say hi and how is it going I am used to it by now
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Ark, I don't see myself moving to Texas for the whole winter, but I think I'll stay a little longer next year.

That must be a bit startling to see the peacock looking in the door at you. Nice that he hates the umbrella. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:41 pm

SUNNY
If I ever become a snowbird, I promise not to be snooty. Some people have no manners. I hope your doctor gets busy and helps you out soon!

ELLEN
I could see spending a couple of months in Texas during the winter. It is highly unlikely that I will ever get away like that. Hauling a farm along is difficult. I can't imagine leaving my cats and horses that long. Ptolemy,the peacock, wouldn't even make me pause on my way south Rolling Eyes . He is heading towards breeding season when he gets a little aggressive towards the hand that feeds him, especially if I wear blue. My favorite color... The umbrella is red and white. He hates and fears it. My three roosters, on the other drumstick, think I am a hen and follow me around doing crazy chicken dances to show their affection. It's nice to be loved by some fowl creature. I'd like to turn the peacock into a capon.

Tomorrow is horsey shots day. Yippee...not $$$. Donnie is off until Monday for the Easter holiday, that's good. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:38 am

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:36 am

SUNNY, I like to think everyone is neighborly and kind. I'm amazed at
your park. Well, I'm happy those folks are gone now and your park is more laid back. Are you still seeking ways to move? Hopefully you can get physical therapy for your back & neck.

Where's CB?

Have fun for "shot day" ARK!

We had "Garage Band" practice last night next door. Seriously, it's a riot............They have/had 3 singers last night.....1 was good. The other two were awful but hysterically funny. I have nicknamed the band "The Music Banditos", I'll have to ask what the real name of their band is.

Everyone have a great day. God bless....Easter is almost here!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Graymare ... what is wrong with "Garage Band" for a name??

66F in my barn at 1000AM this morning. I got my yard mowed yesterday for the first time.

Love to all,

Rick
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Yes GREYMARE I am waiting on what my doctor says about my health and treatment once I am under control I will get serious again, by then I will have all my research done and hopefully a place ready to move to until then I will keep my chin up
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Yes, SUNNY, chin up!!! (It also prevents wrinkles Smile ) Hugs & prayers from here!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:09 pm

I is here....pant..pant...pant....

The friends who brought chris down broke down and we rescued them for the week, did some sight seeing, got some hay, took in a couple horse auctions, painted my brothers living room and they left and we have been working on fences and getting things organized so chris can feed the critters while we go to grandsons boot camp graduation...we leave sunday.

Ark, I saw where the parents of lil boy found in septic tank were arrested...sad stuff..

Ellen, I think indy thought the golf carts were using walkers or all the oldies were! teehee

Trudy, we have forcynthias and lots o daffydils...but an hour from us had small tornado last night....

Well will catch up later.....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:08 am

CB
Yes, they were arrested for child abuse and neglect, but I am not sure of the details. The police are holding their cards close to their chests. No word yet of the autopsy report. Speculation is running rampant. Another child in WV died in another septic tank a couple of days ago, this one used to collect grease at a car wash was left partially opened and the 2 year old fell into it and died despite rescue attempts immediately. Septic tanks need better construction and inspections. I'll let you know about the local case.

SUNNY
Wow, I would not be ready for 90° either! Keeping that chin up is a brave and positive way to be!! wavy

GRAYMARE
When we lived at our first house, the neighbors across the road used to throw "Intergalactic Volleyball Games" and would have garage bands filling the air for hours. We lived at least 1000 feet thru the woods from them and didn't need to strain our ears at all to hear every note hysterical . I am sure they were heard a mile away. We would stay awhile, then go home and listen from our house. Those were some wild parties!

Shots Day, part one happened today. The rest of the shots plus some teeth floating will happen in a few weeks. Everyone was pretty well behaved, but Areion got tired of being tied up away from the action and broke her leather crowned halter. That was better than the fence post she last broke. I have got to get her over that trick. One good thing I learned: the vet said if I ever want to rehome Areion, she would like her. (This was before Areion broke the halter.) The vet and her two students had been haggling over who got to do Areion's treatment as they drove up Laughing . The vet won. I didn't know Areion had a fan club.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

April  2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2015   April  2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2015
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next