Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

April 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:08 am

CB
Yes, they were arrested for child abuse and neglect, but I am not sure of the details. The police are holding their cards close to their chests. No word yet of the autopsy report. Speculation is running rampant. Another child in WV died in another septic tank a couple of days ago, this one used to collect grease at a car wash was left partially opened and the 2 year old fell into it and died despite rescue attempts immediately. Septic tanks need better construction and inspections. I'll let you know about the local case.

SUNNY
Wow, I would not be ready for 90° either! Keeping that chin up is a brave and positive way to be!! wavy

GRAYMARE
When we lived at our first house, the neighbors across the road used to throw "Intergalactic Volleyball Games" and would have garage bands filling the air for hours. We lived at least 1000 feet thru the woods from them and didn't need to strain our ears at all to hear every note hysterical . I am sure they were heard a mile away. We would stay awhile, then go home and listen from our house. Those were some wild parties!

Shots Day, part one happened today. The rest of the shots plus some teeth floating will happen in a few weeks. Everyone was pretty well behaved, but Areion got tired of being tied up away from the action and broke her leather crowned halter. That was better than the fence post she last broke. I have got to get her over that trick. One good thing I learned: the vet said if I ever want to rehome Areion, she would like her. (This was before Areion broke the halter.) The vet and her two students had been haggling over who got to do Areion's treatment as they drove up Laughing . The vet won. I didn't know Areion had a fan club.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:24 am

Full moon here tonight with eclipse at 3:15A - 5A...........moon setting around 6 A I guess. Will give it a college try to see it...............

Yeah, right. cyclops cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:21 am

Facinating. I've never watched an eclipse for a long time. I am checking every 10 minutes.
When I worked I never had the time, then over the years, I've never taken the time to actually watch one. So, I'm checking. I'll write my elemental "end of experience" statement in a bit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:53 am

No report to follow. I'm simply watching with my regular glasses on. I'm amazed in my very small amt of researching online about this eclipse, the material available and the
controversies of opinion related to it. So, as usual for me, God's universe is not for me to state facts as it's etherial to me, a mere human looking up and seeing an exciting universal movie.

And the beat goes in.....................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:11 am

Almost totally eclipsed here..................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:51 pm

GRAYMARE
I got up at 5am to see the eclipse, but it was cloudy. It was only partially eclipsed here, had I been able to see it. Did you take pix?

We just got 18 bales of hay to supplement our dwindling supply. Straw. I doubt the horses will even look at it with fields of green grass surrounding them. Rolling Eyes This is a hard time of year to feed horses around here if you can't turn them loose in the field for fear of foundering.

Sunny and WINDY here today. It rained overnight, so it is just a bit muddy. The wind should dry it up fast.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Sorry ARK. Didn't take pics. However, what was odd was how bright the moon became as the eclipse was taking place.........very difficult to keep staring at.

Well, your hay is bad but you can supplement with your grass pasture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:44 am

HAPPY EASTER...Alleluia He is risen. OH Happy Day...Have a wonderful Easter Day everyone..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:47 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Alleluia!! Happy Easter.

I posted this morning but it's gone............hmmmmmm.

God bless ALL...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:28 pm

It's a little late, but Happy Easter to all. I just got back from a weekend that included getting haircut, seeing Cinderella movie, and spending today with cousins. It was a good weekend. The weather is improving, so I'm hoping to get some outside work done this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:41 pm

I still see it, happy Easter to everyone!

On our way to south carolina to see gs kyle graduate boot camp...yehawwwwww

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:39 pm

wavy
 Happy Birthday, BEECH!!!  :dance:
wavy
Hope you have had a warm and wonderful day! Very Happy

CB:
 safe trip!!  Check in if you can.... Very Happy .... Congrats to grandson!

ELLEN:
 The Cinderella movie was a cute one, I thought.   I like the fairy tales being retold these days in the movies, for the most part!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter!  We stayed home, had a baked chicken for dinner, and I rode Ivan with his saddle on for the first time in about two months.  We did pretty well!  I am still having issues with that tight muscle in my left thigh, but my right hip problem is much better.  I only rode about 15 minutes, but did do a little trotting after about 10 minutes of just walking.  Only that muscle hurt, and not as bad.  I think the physical therapy is working.  I went today and will go again on Thursday when they are going to stick needles in that poor muscle to try to get it to relax and heal up.  That doesn't sound like much fun, but maybe it will speed things up.  

Today is Areion's 6th birthday!  Hard to believe how much time has gone by since she was born.  We took her photo a few days ago for her Coggins test.  She has really dappled this year!

All the horses got carrots and candy corn with their dinner to celebrate Areion's birthday.  And how did she act?  She must be in heat, she chased Ivan around with her evil mare look on her face.  Rolling Eyes   So I stuck Daisy in with Areion.  Daisy won't put up with that.  Ivan is in Daisy's area in front of Kazi's stall.  I hope to find everyone alive in the morning.
Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Happy birthday BEECH! HOPE YA DID SOMETHING SPECIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:35 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEECH!!! Hope it's a good one with that great
NE fudge.

ARK, Aerion is lovely...I'll bet you're so proud and happy with her.
Enjoy. It's your year to hit the trails.............we're anxious for your adventures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Happy Birthday, Beech! We haven't heard from you since the last snow. Did you dig out yet?

Ark, I'm really happy that the PT is working, to get you back to real riding again. Areion looks great.

Cousin and I did enjoy the movie. There were some changes from the original Cinderella story, but we thought they made it better. We loved the beautiful gowns and the men's uniforms, and think they should get some recognition at the Oscars for costume design. Obviously, it is mostly for little girls, but their parents/grandparents should enjoy it too.

CB, we know you are so proud of your grandson. Enjoy every minute of the ceremony, then tell us about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:37 am

Wow! coming down I40 into asheville, nc is a thrill ride...valleys and mountains shrouded in fog and raining..trucks only allowed in the right lane with their brakes getting hotter cuz cars r going the speed limit which seems to be wayyyyy to slow for the truckers.....not to mention the road construction and tunnels...I hate tunnels....

We came thru the hills of tennessee yester, looked like a wind shear had gone thru and broke tree limbs and bent the trees over, but it went on for aa lot of miles so we thoughtmaybe they had an ice storm that did the damage. there is a slender tree with purple flowers all thru tenn. so pretty. the hills arnt bad in tenn, but around asheville wow. I guess I can kiss good bye any thought of doing a ride at maggie valley..wouldn't put my horses or truck thru that terrain. always wanted to do that competitive trail ride there, but now, not so much....bawk bawkk...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Happy belated birthday Beech, hope it was a grand one
Ark, so glad the physical therapy is going well, you will be riding lots and lots by summer with no pain
I will find out how I am doing this Wednesday they called and said everything was normal but wants to talk about the c.t. scan of my chest and pelvic area will let you know what's up on thursday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beech

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Thank you, ARK, and thanks, all! :dance:

I DID have a good day! Got up early and made an apple pie to take to my doctor and her nurse for getting me through a godawful bout with bronchitis, then, while at my mechanic's getting two new tires put on my old car, found a somewhat newer car that I want and can afford and am going to get. Hooray! wavy

Some bad news here, though. Had to have one of my two dogs put down back in February (cancer),and my horse this past Saturday night. He was 25 and I'd had him for 19 years. Still haven't begun to adjust. Been tending a horse for 50 years. Huge emotional hole. Sad

On the other hand, I took delivery on a rescue dog from Georgia three weeks ago, and, except when she's chewing up something she shouldn't (at two, she should be beyond that, no? She ain't!), she is an absolute delight. She and my other dog have not stopped playing with one another from the moment they met -- and how can one not smile at that??!! I will have to post pics, 'cause I think she's beautiful, too. Very Happy

And I'm so happy to have survived that bronchitis bout that I'm loving everything about still being alive -- right up to and including all the tons of snow we still have. Last night in the dark, out on top of the snow in the front yard, I found a big bouquet of daffodils a friend had left at my door earlier in the day -- and that Lucy (new dog) apparently had thought were for her. The accompanying card didn't survive but the flowers did -- probably as a result of their icy resting place! I'll have to post some snow pics, too. We are SO far, here, from grass... shrug

ARK, I am proud to share my birth date with Arieon. She is gorgeous! ClappingHands ClappingHands

And GRAYMARE and CB and SUNNY and all -- I've been enjoying your posts though I seem to be among the missing. And ELLEN! I registered my two scooters today, on line! HOPE LIVES! hysterical
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Hope does live! and I hope we can get UNLOSTED and back to our room! hubby was hungry...told him he could starve hereafter!.....

Beech, sorry to hear about your dog and horse, but am so glad u opened up your heart for a new puppydog. hugs to you.....

We made it to the base, OMG its hot here....HUMIDLY SO.! and we do not have ac in the car.....have to pick randi and julian up at charlotte airport tonight and then back on base...up early for family day to see kyle. woohoo....doesn't seem possible that lil baby I rocked is 21 and in the army...wow....I'm feeling old and very sorry for myself....sniff...but on the other hand very glad the lil rio made it! I love this car!

Later, after lunch we r taking long shower and nap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:21 pm

BEECH:
I am so sorry about your horse and dog.... hug

An emotional hole is a good description of the situation. When Arkady died, I felt like a big chunk of me went with her. Donnie felt the same when Kazimir died. Even though we had Shiloh, Zippy, and Cactus Jack here after Arkady died, I felt like a horse person misplaced, a big part of my identity was wrapped around Arkady. After a few weeks of not seeing her in the field, I went in search of another Arab mare. No one could replace her, but Kazi did take my mind off of her and helped tremendously.

Kazi is 23 years old this month, so is now an old horse. She is so incredibly sweet. If I didn't have another horse around and lost my last one, I would consider adopting an old horse for its retirement, just to have that special horsey presence around..... Just a thought....

I am glad you got over your bronchitis! Congrats on your new dog! What kind is she? That is a long way for a dog to travel to get to you. Snow must have been a shock to her!

CB:
Have lots of fun in SC this weekend! I wish I was down there, this weekend was the ride at Sandhills that I wanted to go do again, but the hip was against me. Rolling Eyes Your trip across TN and western NC sounded like an adventure....

SUNNY:
Good that your doctor is getting back with you. Wonder what the deal is with the CT scan? Let us know!

GRAYMARE:
Yes, we really have enjoyed Areion. She needs more work, but this winter she didn't get nearly what we had wanted. Hopefully I will be able to ride her again soon. She is sure giving Ivan the runaround in the past couple of days, poor guy is surrounded by mares.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:28 pm

Beech, I'm so sorry about your dog and your horse. That always leaves a hole that is never really filled. It's nice that your neighbor left you some flowers. That was a sweet thing to do.
Having had bronchitis (not recently), I can really sympathize with you on that one. Glad you finally kicked it.
I registered my car, trailer, scooter, and jetski online while I was in El Paso. That is really a nice convenience. My local branch is really good, so I don't mind going in there. But, I knew that I was going to be traveling when my car tag expired the day before I got home. The original plan was for me to be home in time to get them before they expired.

CB, enjoy your family and the ceremony for your grown-up grand.

Sunny, let us know what is going on when you find out.

It rained on and off all day today, dark and cloudy. It isn't really cold, but I'll sure be glad to see some sun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Beech, I forgot to say congrats on the new car. now u need to tell us and do pics of car and dog!

We r at the airport waiting for their plane to come in. what a mess, large airport and construction and rainy and dark...pfffft.....

Ark, I've always loved grey dapples....and loud appys....

G, I'm glad I'm a country girl cuz I hate the traffic!

Chris says all is well at the el rancho....the neighbors have all said if she needs anything they r a phone call away. we have some really nice folks on our road.

Well....off we go....don't know when ill get back on as its going to be a couple of hectic days.

Later taters and sweet dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:50 pm

CB, so glad you're safe. Spend all your kisses and have a GREAT time!!!

BEECH, whew what a go you've had. ((((((HUGS)))))) Things seem to come in 3's, so hopefully you're home free for awhile. We'd love to hear about your new dog and car. I got a new used car last Friday....a Chevrolet Captiva, 2014, low miles. I get a new car every 12 years it seems. Anyhow, I'm excited. LOL, BIG stereo, sun roof, big flat area (straight flat) in back for Addy, great milage for all the driving I do. Well, your snow will eventually leave and your new dog will eventually stop chewing everything in sight. Scooter weather is soon upon you!
Now, when you can scooter ride, you need to go to Algonquin and get some of that to die for fudge!! Think of me if you do.

SUNNY, we'll be praying for your CT results.........report in.

ARK, you will have all summer to ride.

ELLEN, "rain rain go away, come again some other day".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beech

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:27 am

Thanks again, ARK and others. It's comforting to be among those who understand horse and other pet loss. Tonight, I walked out to the barn just before heading to bed, because that's what I've always done -- but, boy, what a hollow, empty place! It would be nice to fill it, right away, with another horse, but this last birthday was my78th (Who said that?? I absolutely can't believe it...affraid affraid affraid affraid ) and the bronchitis shocked me into a realistic appraisal of my vulnernability. My breathing is bad at best, what with asthma and a rib cage warped by my bike accident, so the bronchitis really felled me. A friend had to take over my horse care, and more than once I thought I wasn't going to make it, so it's definitely time to call it horse-quits. I did get Lucy, the new dog, as soon as possible after losing the other, but hardly had she arrived when I got sick and so began to question the wisdom of that decision, too. But now happy to have all more or less shipshape again, and just waiting for SPRING. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:33 am

Yep. It's all easy from the couch............... Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VWf8CXwPoqI

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2015   

Back to top Go down

April 2015