Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2015 !!

Go down 
+7
cb
NancyLee
Indyapp
sunny 57
Ol'Man
Rick Angell
Ellen E
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Manygatess

May  2015  !! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 6:11 am

Good news guys. That was the easiest & quickest root canal I have ever had. WHEW...Thanks for caring. I can now allow my teeth to touch each other and even chew on the right side again.

GRAYMARE: T-Bone is too cute of a name for him. I went to school with a kid we called T-Bone, can't remember why or what his given name was. I'm getting old...LOL

OLMAN: Good to see you posting again. We missed you. Tell your grandson "thanks for his service to our country and we appreciate the sacrifice he is making for us."

CB: EEWWWWWWW skunk. There isn't much that smells worse than a skunk and it lingers forever.

Tick season has arrived. I picked one off me and one of Ace already. Gotta start doing the tick check after every walk we take from now on. They say it's going to be a bad tick season. HAH every year is a bad tick season around here. Nasty little buggers.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 10:00 am

Yeppers, ol man, graymare and I and now trudy are all happy to hear from you as I'm sure all of us ol fogieee foops are!
Congrats to ur grandson....wow he is tall guy! where did the height come from? he,s going for some training at ft bragg? what career or job is he planning on doing in the military? kyle is at ft sill oklahoma now for tech school. its scary for us to know he is learning to coordinate air and fire strikes from inside of a fast moving tank. our hearts are in our throats, but he wants to do this.

Trudy, glad it was a good root canal! lol if it can be! yes the skunk smell lingers..ewwwwwie. ihave tried several things for ticks. deep woods off for people helps but I use adams flea and tick spray on dogs, seems to work the best so far. we have a huge tick problem this year....I do not like ticks!. out of the four equines, cinnamon is the whitest, she is a roan appy, and the ticks like her best, poor girl...but the adams seems to be helping her too. they have one for dogs and another for horses.

We r ogg to a farm estate auction this morning....I think we r addicted to auctions but we have found some really good buys and havnt spent more than 25 dollars at any of them. I don't go to horse auctions much...i think hubby plans that......they even have registered dog auctions here, sheep goats cows pigs and lots of farm house auctions and poultry auctions and they sell birds, hamsters, rats, guinea pigs, snakes..ugh...and home made jams and canned stuff and garden produce.....it can get interesting to say the least!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:46 pm

Welcome back, OL'MAN! wavy So good to see you!

GRAYMARE
I love the name, T-bone!! I was little worried about the name 'Dexter' since it seems to be the name of a t.v. serial killer..... Very Happy ... The first dog Donnie and I ever had was named 'Nessie' after the Loch Ness monster. That dog ended up killing a cat she had been raised with, so was banished from our lives. We decided naming animals after monsters or bad guys was not the best thing for peace in our animal family.

CB
Those auctions sound like fun!

TRUDY
I sincerely hope your teeth settle down now! I have only had one root canal, several years ago, but that is the very tooth that has failed under my bridge and has to be removed next week. I am not looking forward to having a tooth pulled and replaced with an implant. If being able to chew was not important to me, I would go on a nice vacation with what that tooth' s replacement will cost. Rolling Eyes

ELLEN
I bet the lake is getting busy now. Have you got your dock set up for the summer?

Donnie is down in the hayfield, fluffing it up again. We have been so lucky about thunderstorms going around us, but the hay was still not dry enough to bale yesterday. Hopefully, it will be today. We can't continue to be so lucky with storms all around us.

I am through with physical therapy. They told me to keep up the exercises. I still have some minor hip joint pain and that one muscle is still somewhat tight, but better. I rode Ivan again on Tuesday and we trotted for about 5 minutes. No problems from that, so I am going to build up more time each session.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:43 am

Well our big buys at the auction were baking dishes and yard tools a rake a pronged hoe, weed sling, and shovel...all for 5 bucks. And our forecasted rain held off all day. I came home and used my weed sling for 3 hours. our lawn mower is needing repaired and the truck is still in the shop so we can't take lawn mower to my cousins small engine repair shop. hubby used a weed eater and it broke....sigh....I'm goi ng to bhurt tomorrow....but have to keep up with weeds and grass somehow as I hate crawlie things comin g to visit.

That's my exciting day....woohooieeeeee
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:18 pm

This morning, I mowed the yard, then took a quick shower. Headed for bigger town to get an external flash for my camera. The one I had for the Sony won't work with the Canon. In about an hour, I'll go to small town to a little restaurant to help get ready for a surprise 80th birthday party this evening. I'll take the camera and take as many pictures as I can. Ron is the guy who fell in the lake two years ago and was considered a near drowning. He had and has on-going heart and lung problems so, Pirkko, his wife wasn't sure she'd still have him for his 80th. She's making a really big deal of this one. She's soooo excited and is having a ball trying to make sure everything goes well. Their adult children are coming in from Chicago and Reno, their granddaughter from Lexington, and friends from all around will be here. So far, he has no idea. This is gonna be fun.
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Roll Call from Canada.    May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Roll Call ....   It's about time I showed up.  I would love to find out how you are all doing.  

Things are fine here.  Mom and Jim still doing well.  Mom is 87 now and her memory and mental faculties are fading little by little but she does well considering.  

Bardi the dog is still ruling the household with a gentle and highly entertaining style.  She has us well trained.... Hehe..

The only horses in my life are the ones at the therapeutic riding programme I volunteer with, for people with various types of disabilities.  It's a great programme for the riders.

I've been teaming up with a dear old friend and extremely talented musician buddy for a couple of events and to record some of his songs for him, and getting out to jams in the area to have some fun playing with other musicians.  I am fortunate that my hands are working again enough to play guitar these days, due to medications like Enbrel injections, and methotrexate.  So that is really nice.

Just a little update.  Surprised
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 7:47 pm

So glad to hear all is well with you and yours, great news that you are back playing guitar and having fun take care and try to post
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:49 pm

The party was a HUGE success! Ron was absolutely STUNNED. There were about 35 people there, including their son from Reno, and their daughter from Chicago, and their granddaughter from Lexington. Ron was a Marine guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, so he's usually very stoic. He was stunned at the people there, but tears appeared when he saw his son.
The food was really good, the service was great even though the kid who served us was working his very first day on the job.
We left the restaurant where they do not serve wobbly water and went to their house where there was plenty of wobbly water.
A good time was had by all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:59 am

Am off to indoor livestock, poultry auction since its rainy outside

Ellen, sounds like party was a complete and happy success!

Nancylee, good to hear from you!
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi Sunny! How are you doing?

Ellen, hopefully the surprise didn't tax his heart! LOL. Glad it was a success.

Hi CB! Nice to see you too.

Diane, how are you and Donnie? Good memories of visiting in WV

Off to do big Mothers Day things today and tomorrow... Tomorrow I will take Mom to a screening of the old Broadway film of Oklahoma with Bonnie Raitt's dad in the cast. Fun!

Today is taking Mom to my brother's place to celebrate with him and his wife and daughter, then on to Oshawa for Jim's mom and family.
Must run and get flowers for them before we leave. Bye for now. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers in foopland.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:36 pm

T Bone again: Now I'm done for awhile..............
Will write later this evening..........fun day.
May  2015  !! - Page 2 411225609
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:13 pm

ELLEN
Happy birthday to Ron! :dance: I am so glad the party was a great success!

NANCY LEE
So wonderful to see you here! I am happy to hear your mom is doing pretty well, and Bardi, too! Donnie says hello... Very Happy . We are doing okay. Donnie is sneaking up on finishing his dissertation, hopefully in time to graduate in December......Our house has changed a little since you saw it Laughing . We are close to WV, but actually in VA....about 30 or so miles to the border. We remember your visit fondly!

GRAYMARE
Yep, T-bone is a beauty! I love his colors. Did you say how old he is? How does he like your horses?

We got our hay up without it being rained on. The weather angels were kind, we had storms within two miles of us on either side. I now have enough good hay for at least a month, but we will be doing the upper field before then. I am just feeding out the last 5 bales from Donnie's last fall hay, I have pieced it out slowly with the ikky hay we recently bought. The only nice thing to come out of those two loads was getting ThunderPuff! That kitten has us both wrapped around his little kitty fingers... Very Happy

We just finished watching 10 seasons of Stargate SG 1. We are starting on Stargate Atlantis...

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:37 pm

When I put the pic up, we were watching a movie that g son brought over.
It stunk, "The Gambler", so I fiddled on the computer. For the last couple of weeks I've had saddles torn apart, being cleaned, oiled back together and polished. It all takes time (a lot of time), so now I'm done.
The dog was laying there waiting for me while I worked. ARK, he's great with horses and seems right at home. AND, glad you're enjoying Thunder.

SUNNY, what's up? Glad you dropped in.

NANCY LEE, we LOVE it when you show up. So glad you're singing and all is well.

CB. Chopping weeds? OMG, you go Girl. My shoulders hurt thinking about it. BUT, you got great deals on all those tools.

ELLEN glad your party was fun. Surprises are wonderful, for sure.

Today when everyone was here they asked what we were going to do tomorrow (they go to in laws, etc). They suggested Big Bear which is a busy busy breakfast restaurant......TL told them he would give me $20, pin $4 tip to my shirt and drop me off. I'd rather be beaten than go out to eat on Mother's Day. We had a lot of laughs and a fun day here.

Everyone have a fabulous Mother's Day with love and gobs of good food.

So, tomorrow is church, back, newspaper & X words...lazy day.
Perfect.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Happy mothers day to all moms of 2 and 4 legged kidsss, have a super day!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:48 pm

YES. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL! MMMMMMM.cinnamon rolls here..........BIG treat.

We stayed home this morning enjoying the cool weather on the patio
and cinnamon rolls, eggs & sausage etc..........great slow morning.

hug to everyone...........
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:25 pm

I hope all mothers in horse friends have a wonderful day quiet day for me daughter is in north Carolina grand kids all busy either working or off with friends to hot to go out so a quiet day here, my room mate made me a great hamburger with cheese and bacon it was yummy I am stuffed
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Graymare, he looks like a big puppy - a happy one. I love seeing the pictures.

I hope everybody had a nice Mother's Day. Smile
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:32 am

Woops, Ark, got my states mixed up. Embarassed Duh. Yes, I remember you have done a lot of reno. Bet you are enjoying it.

Graymare, what a handsome boy TBone is. Love him. Seems to just fit right in, eh?

Busy weekend here, two days of Mothers day celebrations to take care of everyone in the family. Went to the old movie Oklahoma with my mom this afternoon. Very nice! She enjoyed it. We had the LP record of the musical when I was growing up and I knew a lot of it to sing by heart, but had never seen it. So that was nice.

Time to call it a day. Off to the barn for my volunteer stint with the therapeutic riding programme tomorrow. Need to garden and clean before that.

Night all!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:07 am

Brrrr. Where did spring go? It's only 50 degrees this morning. Not too much going on around here.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:32 am

Ellen E wrote:
Brrrr.  Where did spring go?  It's only 50 degrees this morning.  Not too much going on around here.

At 1020 "here", it is already 76 and headed towards 90. The A/C will be turned on in the near future...maybe even today.

If anybody sees SNOOP running around, please send him home!! I believe we'll start trucking the first of the week and he needs to help get settled into the truck...that is IF he wants to go On The Road Again!! I wonder what "adventures" await us as we hit te road again.??

Love to all,
Rick
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:06 pm

Update... A/C was just turned on BEFORE it gets so HOT today.

DOT had this "couch potato" posted on FB!!
May  2015  !! - Page 2 1526106_567791133295090_1277500460_n
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Yes everyone, where did spring go we went from comfortable to down right boiling puts a crimp on going outside and explore I finally found a couple of places I would like to go to but it is just to miserable
I hope everyone has a great week
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:06 pm

I had to laff, last week we went to an outside estate auction and it started raining, folks just magically pulled rain hats and folded umbrellas out of pockets and purses and kept right on bidding....didn't even phase those diehards. we pulled our floppy rain hats out, too! lol.
Rick, you and snoop stay out of trouble and stay safe out there on the roads!

Auction tomorrow and one on friday.....yippee skippee, more treasures to find!

Got my truck home today from the shop, only 487 dollars, plus 35 for towing the horse trailer, tow insurance paid for the truck to be towed......sigh....hope it runs for awhile now. I love everything about my truck except its penchant for visiting gas stations! it handles so nice and pulls anything.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:00 pm

NANCY LEE
 I really like your new avatar!  It's definitely you!  Only thing missing is you or Bardi sitting on the couch.  It sure is nice to see you here.

CB
 Sounds like you auction fans know how to deal with any weather!  It is great you and Harry are having fun in your retirement. cheers

ELLEN
 It was pretty hot here today, 82.  Tomorrow is going to be about 70, though.  I like 70!  

RICK
I want to know where that lady got a couch that can support a horse!  And how does one convince it to sit on it.....? Laughing   I don't think I have a need for that horse's talent here....or the couch.

SUNNY
 Too hot.  I hope it cools down a little.  

I had a fun day. I got up before the birds, fed the horses and settled them for the day, then dashed to my new dentist in Blacksburg.  He cut off my broken
bridge and handed it to me.  Then I went directly to the dental surgeon on down the road who pulled what was left of the tooth and implanted the post that will hold the new tooth.  It has to heal three months before the new tooth gets installed.  I feel like someone hit my jaw with a bat.  Dinner consisted of pureed soup.  I am going to miss chewing for awhile. Rolling Eyes

My horses do not appreciate the grazing muzzles they are all wearing all afternoon.  They miss chewing, too.... We should all lose a little weight.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:24 pm

SUNNY, gosh hot soon this year. Do you still have your scooter to
buzz around in?

ARK, OMG, that hurts reading it. You will lose weight to put you
right prime for riding this year. affraid

NANCY, I noticed right off your new avatar. It's really sharp.

CB, glad you got your truck back. I'm lost without mine.

RICK, praying for your safe travels while out on the road. I hope it's relatively local rather than big long distance.

No news here today. T Bone is so smart.........

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:00 pm

GRAYMARE:
 Is T-Bone back from  his big snip job ?  That was yesterday, wasn't it?  I hope he is feeling well today.  
 The good news is, I am feeling better today!  I haven't had even one Advil today and my jaw feels fine.  No chewing on anything crunchy or hard for awhile, though.  Today I had cream of wheat for breakfast, cottage cheese for lunch, and some homemade beef veggie soup for dinner that I carefully ate without pureeing it.  I think I will survive!

The horses were happier this afternoon, Daisy broke the strap on her grazing muzzle, so everyone got to eat grass without them for awhile.  

ThunderPuff and I spent some quality time reading while camped out on the couch today.  He didn't get much attention yesterday.  He is in his terrible twos...two months old and much like a mobile box of razor blades.  I am not sure how you tell a kitten that he is shredding the hand that feeds him.  He plays hard, then collapses into a hard nap.  Sleep  Naps are good.... Very Happy  He sleeps all night in his covered cat carrier, but complains after about five minutes during the day when he is in his large wire cage. I put him in it when I am out of the house. One never knows where a kitten will get in trouble....

Here he is playing  Peekaboo Puff:

May  2015  !! - Page 2 WPVGIt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2015 !!   May  2015  !! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2015 !!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next