Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

October 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:
"Dr. Jones, at your cervix."

In a Podiatrist's office:
"Time wounds all heels."

On a Septic Tank Truck:
Yesterday's Meals on Wheels

At an Optometrist's Office:
"If you don't see what you're looking for,
you've come to the right place."

On a Plumber's truck:
"We repair what your husband fixed."

On another Plumber's truck:
"Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber."

At a Tire Shop in Milwaukee :
"Invite us to your next blowout."

On an Electrician's truck:
"Let us remove your shorts."

In a Non-smoking Area:
"If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."

On a Maternity Room door:
"Push. Push. Push."

At a Car Dealership:
"The best way to get back on your feet -miss a car payment."

Outside a Muffler Shop:
"No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."

In a Veterinarian's waiting room:
"Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!"

At the Electric Company
"We would be delighted if you send in your payment.
However, if you don't, YOU will be delighted."

In a Restaurant window:
"Don't stand there and be hungry; come on in and get fed up."

In the front yard of a Funeral Home:
"Drive carefully. We'll wait."

CLEVER, CLEVER, CLEVER

At a Propane Filling Station:
"Thank heaven for little grills."

CHICAGO RADIATOR SHOP:
"Best place in town to take a leak."

And the best one for last...

Sign on the back of another Septic Tank Truck:
"Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:32 am

GRAYMARE
hysterical I love puns!

ELLEN
I will check out your recipe. I like my crock pot for making two meals at a time, although we usually eat them a day or two after the first meal and not freeze them.
How's the deck going?

ROSE
We are all waiting, waiting, waiting!! Smile How's it going?

CB
Where do you get pickled beet juice to make pickled eggs? Do you just buy pickled beets and save the juice from the can?

I was working around the barn this morning and happened to look up at one of the trees behind the barn. It loses its leaves in the fall earlier than most of the trees back there . Standing on the upper branches looking down at me with their wings outspread were three huge black vultures. Sort of gave me the willies affraid . They may have just been absorbing some rays, or airing out their armpits, but they were doing it seriously.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:57 am

I'm just trying to see if my avatar came up...............I changed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:59 am

Oh. O K.

CB, one of the boys.......................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:57 am

ARK: To make pickled beet juice you buy fresh beets. Boil them until the skins peel off. WEAR GLOVES slice the beets, in another pot with fresh water, cook in water until soft, removed the beets, add vinegar and sugar to taste and there you have pickled beet juice. Put the beets back in, let it cool in the fridge and add the eggs. I make small batches. 2 cups of water, 2 or 3 nice size beets, 1/2 cup vinegar, 3/4 cup sugar. I don't really measure those are just estimates. Or you can use canned beets, just add the vinegar and sugar to the beet juice to your taste, I like mine sweet & tangy.

I went to see Anthony on Monday. He looked so much better. The feeding tube is in his stomach now. I stayed away since I was sick, but his little gangster wanna be friends went in there and gave him the stomach flu. What is wrong with that hospital? Why are they allowing those kids in there? Gosh they tick me off. His major surgery had to be postponed because he was sick. What a mess. I stayed across the room and didn't touch anything or even sit down.

CB: Glad you are getting your money back. What a nightmare. Many years ago I had a young guy doing some work in my house back in Pittsburgh, he took checks outta my extra check books I had in a drawer. Like every 10th check so I wouldn't miss them right away. I went to the mac machine and tried to get some cash for groceries and my bank account was empty. WHAT? I had just sold a horse and had quite a few bucks in there. What a nightmare. I went to the bank and they said "isn't Kevin doing work on your house? That's what he said all the checks were for". I had him arrested, his parents paid back all the money, paid my attorney, paid to have my locks and phone number changed. In the meantime I started looking around my house and found things that were missing, my class ring. camera, things your wouldn't really miss unless you were looking for them. I started looking and he had stolen all kinds of things. Never got anything back. My homeowners covered some of the costs, then promptly dropped my policy. UUGHHHHH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:44 am

GM, QUITE A HANDSOME lad he is, too.

Ark, I buy pickle beets in a can and transfer to glass jar, harry likes beets and eggs, so I boil eggs shell em, and drop them in...let sit for a couple days to allow the color to absorb into the egg. I do things as easy as possible. tongue

Trudy, I am also missing some jewelry, nothing very expensive like diamonds, but pieces that I liked, those zaworski crystals I won last year and a horse necklace, and black hills gold set, my fave pieces. I hope I spot her somewhere, do ya think the judge will throw the book at me if I get a few punches in on her before I call the cops. Rolling Eyes
Sorry to hear your gs is sick, hope he gets his surgery done soon so he can start thr recovery process.

I posted a pic on facebook of my camper and the guys trike he pulled it with....that trike is neat! It is my first pic I ever posted on fb. ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:09 am

CB, was the check info related to the one who brought a couple of sick minis to your place? Is she still around your area?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Ellen, she just got back into buffalo before this happened....but not her picture going thru checkout....I'm hoping when this person is caught, she can shed light on how she got the check.....I'm very interested in that info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:09 pm

I thought that since you have other missing things, Chris might have taken a few with her when she left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Essie!!!!   Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:54 pm

My sweet, sweet girl arrived at 7PM Monday night. Talk about calm, walked off that trailer, I took the lead line, petted her a bit and she went to chomping grass around my feet Laughing I need your phone number ARK and I'll text you the pic of her all tacked up with the tack that Hannah included with her, tack that I have is way too big for my little short coupled girl, she's even got a nice Paso bit (which is simply a strange looking snaffle). More pics will follow, but I'll have to get someone else to put them on here, cause I don't know how. Can I just say, I LOVE THIS MARE! She had never been loaded on a ramp load trailer, she just loaded and unloaded like she had done it all her life! I spent hours with her yesterday, brushing and combing that extra thick mane and tail and she was perfect lady. Lordy, her registered name is Esperanza del Zorro, just so ya'll know why she is Essie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Whining!   Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Ya'll please tell me if you think I may be a little too reactive on this! Robin's company underwent some serious downsizing about 5 months ago, which cut her salary darn near in half (one reason she is pursuing the realty thing so hard)and last week we found out that Johnny's IT project is ending in December, so he is now looking for employment. I'm telling ya'll this so you will understand what follows. Robin has totally fallen in love with a Haflinger in a kill barn in Lebanon, PA. Moore's Equine Rescue on FB. Jen, the admin for the page posts the prices that Moore's will accept for a slaughter horse. Then the horse is bailed out if wanted. The horses are only available from Sunday through Saturday, at that time any horses not "bought" or "rescued" from that week are loaded on the truck and taken to slaughter. The price posted for the little Haffie is (if I remember right)$751, which if things were back before the pay cuts and Johnny's loss of employment, would be easy peasy, but is not now, so Robin saw where folks were setting up funding sites to raise funds to save different horses. She set up a funding site. Transportation is a separate thing entirely and I'll take the money out of my emergency savings to take care of that. Ya'll know that I Rescue, foster, adopt and transport many, many animals for many groups and individuals and have 500+ animal advocate friends............I've shared Robin's funding request all over, repeatedly. And I must add here that during the last year I have donated 300+ dollars to different rescue groups for medical help for cats and dogs and all volunteering/driving, foster is all at my expense. Only one (1) of my "friends" has contributed anything to Robin's site! This is to save the life of a 14 year old mare, what to hell is different about saving an animal's life, horse, dog, cat, rabbit????? And my sweet daughter who has helped everyone she could throughout her life! She and I both spent hours finding a place to board this mare close to her, which was super reasonably priced and were successful in finding a place, very close, that offers a special price for rescued horses. Okay, ranting done, am I expecting too much, 5-10 dollars from folks that I have helped repeatedly, to care for rescued animals????????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:25 pm

OH ROSE. I'm so tickled for you. I can't wait to see her. When I post pics I use www.picturetrail.com.......that site then creates a copy & paste connection to paste here at Foopville. It's free. I'm just glad for you all is well and you're CRAZY for Essie.

CB...somehow I had a feeling that that Chris lady had something to do with this also. I've always wondered that....maybe she enlisted a cohort to do the dirty work...................surely, I wouldn't know but she sounds low enough to pull a stunt like that. Perhaps a seriously wrong accusation on my part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:29 pm

ROSE, hell no. Count me in. Send me your snail mail addy again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Oh. Minor detail............sydnee265@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Tears!   Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:42 pm

SYD, you just brought happy tears to my eyes and Robin's! She wants you to suggest a name also, if you don't mind. Also, if she isn't successful in bailing the mare, everyone will be refunded any contributions. My snail mail will work, but pay pal to Robin would be better if possible, rydurhorse@gmail.com. 2 names have been suggested so far; American Pi and Mulligan(by Johnny, because the mare is getting a do-over). My snail mail is Rose Hershman, 3122 Meadowbrook Drive, Florence, SC 29501.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:52 pm

ROSE's Essie: TOO EXCITING.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:53 pm

I have another to go collect.............BRB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Can't get it........ARK, can you get it off Facebook?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: My Saviours!   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Thank you GM, so much, and now if ARK can pull the one off FB and post it! Her mane as a Paso should be twice that long, but before Hannah and Heath bought her from the owner who had fallen on really hard times he cut to about 4 inches in January this year, it is super, duper thick, as is her forelock. I brushed and combed for a long time yesterday and with the help of Cowboy Magic got very smooth and tangle free, tail too. I cannot wait for us to go riding and I'll try to get someone to video so ya'll can see those paso gaits! The rider barely moves on their backs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:06 pm

Robin's  Haflinger
Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:20 pm

ARK. Thanks. Awwwww. Pretty Haffie..........and feet don't look bad.

There's supposed to be another pic of Rose & Essie on Rose's page if you can find it ARK...............

Pretty exciting day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:25 pm

I can't find your horse"s pix on facebook, ROSE.  I have a stupid phone, not a smart phone.  So  I can"t  post pix from it.  Send me an email with pix and I can post photos.  

CONGRATS on getting Essie!!  wavy :dance: wavy

I will send a donation to you  for Robin...
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:33 pm

Essie

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:35 pm

Big congrats ROSE................so HEARTWARMING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Okay, I'm back.....I was searching for the photos on FaceBook and typing here with one finger while talking to my sister, Annie, on the phone. I am not very good at multi-tasking Laughing . I did finally find ROSE'S photos on FB and saved them to my computer, then used ImageShack to post them here. My phone doesn't do photos, unfortunately. I am too cheap to buy a smart phone, so my little flip phone lets me text and talk, but that's about it. My Kindle lets me browse FaceBook, but I can't download photos to it and send them elsewhere, or at least I haven't figured it out, so I am on my official computer to do photos. Donnie has changed it from Windows to Linux, and until I figure it out, I tend to just read on my Kindle.

ROSE:
Congrats again! cheers cheers I don't have a PayPal account, either, so will send a check donation to you for Robin's horse tomorrow. I hope she gets her, the mare looks like a good one.

GRAYMARE:
I love the new avatar! What are you calling him now days? Laughing He's a beauty!

CB and TRUDY:
Thanks for the beet juice recipes! I am running out of fridge space for my egg collection. I only wanted 3 hens, but Virginia law says you have to buy at least six. So I bought six and they all managed to live and are busy trying to reproduce. I bought some freezer bags and am going to start freezing some of them. I made spoonbread tonight, four eggs, and we have been eating a lot of scrambled eggs. Pickled eggs will be different.

Donnie bought a box blade for his tractor and this afternoon he used it in our arena. It looks the best it has looked in years! It had turned into more or less concrete. I have a riding lesson tomorrow, Lori will be surprised at the footing. Very Happy

Daisy continues to have a few drools, but almost none compared to what she was doing. It is such a relief! I am not getting slimed everyday now. Ivan had a streak down his side from where Daisy wiped her mouth on him.....ewwwwww....... horse flavored rubber cement.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:32 pm

Rose, Essie looks so happy. Now that she'll get regular grooming and attention, she will be even happier. Her new owner looks pretty happy too.
Tell Robin to check her Paypal account.

Ark, are you going to freeze the chickens or the eggs? I didn't know you could freeze eggs. Don't you have a few friends or neighbors who would like some fresh eggs? I know if I lived near enough, I would happily pay for fresh eggs like that.

Tomorrow, I'll be off to Lowes to get the joists and deck boards. Working on that should keep me out of trouble for a few days. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2015   

Back to top Go down

October 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next