Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2015

Go down 
+7
Rick Angell
Beech
Rose
cb
Ellen E
Graymare
Indyapp
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

December 2015   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Omgosh...I just read on facebook that rose got thrown from her horse and is in a bad way........many broken bones....if anyone hears anything please post......
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Oh my gosh! If you hear anything more, CB, please let us know.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Her neighbor pamela posted she is in icu, but she may be going home to robins soon....wow, I was really frightened........and here I have been trying to decide do I want to go on those trails anymore or not????? I still don't know. my cinnamon girl I trust, but she is gettin up there in years, tank, I love riding him, but he shiessss hard when he does it and at his age he should be over that. I guss it comes down to how Sandie pans out. she is quiet and trusting on the ground, BUT..........

Ill hum for ROSE....hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:50 pm

OH NOOOOO! I'm so sorry to read that about Rose. I have a friend that got seriously hurt last year (almost 3 weeks in hosp) and still isn't healed..........

I still ride out but my horses are dead solid and I don't ride long rides as my back only holds up for about 2-3 hrs.............just piddling along talking w friends. I also don't drive all over the state and neighboring states......way too far as gas is expensive. I just ride to my level of strength and ability.

I sure wonder what happened to ROSE.................maybe it wasn't the horse. Maybe something else went wrong.

Prayers from here, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:47 pm

Prayers for Tuzee's husband are very badly needed. He is not doing well at all. A week ago yesterday he had surgery to remove a ruptured spleen. He was improving, but yesterday he took a turn for the worse and is back in ICU on a respirator, and not very stable.

A post from this afternoon says that Rose will be going home to Robin's house tomorrow. Maybe we'll hear more about it after that.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Praying Rose is up to going to Robin's so soon............but sure glad she is improving.

OMG, horrible news about MIKE...........Prayers and more prayers for both SUSAN & MIKE.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 1:01 am

Well, no good news here today.

I am so sorry to hear about ROSE' s accident.I hope she will heal up fast, then tell us what happened. It is so easy to get caught unaware and be tossed in a heartbeat. ((((((((Rose))))))))) hug

I am also sorry to hear about Mike. I sincerely hope he is stabilized and improves quickly....(((((((Susan and Mike)))))))) hug

CB
Please let us know if you hear anything. And get well Fast!!! ((((((CB))))))
hug

We have had our first snowflurries of the year today. It is incredibly cold and windy. I had to take down our inflatable Santa, the wind was beating him up. Lori came for lessons, but it would have been more comfortable in the rain yesterday than in today's windstorm. I am still chilled to the bone, I was out in it all day. Ivan tolerated the cold wind well, no spooks or bad behavior. Areion was a big pill. I didn't ride her. She was spooky and generally nutty. I remember those days with Ivan, no fun at all. Lori stuck to the saddle well. We were riding side by side in the arena and I could tell Ivan was keeping an eye on Areion, expecting her to kick out at him. Ivan has finally grown up, I guess Areion will in a few years. She never did kick at Ivan, thankfully. Lori kept her too busy to have time to do anything too wicked.

It's going to be in the 20s tonight, but nearly 70° by Christmas. A confusing season this year..... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:33 am

Quiet day today...my four hens each layed an egg today....harry is walking some without his walker......that's all folks!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 8:11 am

OH NO...Prayers being sent up for Rose. How horrible to have that happen to her. And prayers for Tulzee's husband. So much sadness all around.

CB: Prayers for Harry and his recovery from his surgery.

Cold and windy here also. 29 this morning. I saw snowflakes yesterday. What a change from 67 degrees and the dandelion I found blooming in the yard the other day.

George is doing well, still sore but starting to move around a lot more. He never does well at sitting around doing nothing.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:33 pm

The report from Tuzee this morning, is slightly more encouraging. He is still in ICU, but is less sedated and is more alert and more stable.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Inch by inch every bit of good news is encouraging, for all of us.

TRUDY, glad George is gaining ground, too. It's miserable for George & Harry right now not being able to just jump up & go.

I took friend to airport at 3:30A for her 6A flight. Smooth & easy, no traffic at all. Interestingly, American Airlines had a lot of customers readying for flight even as we arrived. Security is now taking longer so we had to leave plenty of time. She had her little Pom "Fizz" in his travel bag being very good on her shoulder. "Fizz" weighs 6 lbs, I think. He had his little bell on and occasionally would shake his head to say "hi".

I just came in from my barn, sunny & nice out there. I some weed mowing
as this time of year with our rain and humidity they grow like crazy. Later today is grooming............manes & tales need attn.

We are having lasagna this afternoon for the football game..........MMMMMM.

Everyone have a good day. God bless. Prayers for ALL. Hope we hear from Rose soon.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Actually I think hubby is enjoying his vacation/down time. he has been watching movies and the cowboy channel nonstop! Shocked Neutral tongue

Encouraging news on Mike! I've seen on facebook where rose has liked different posts...unless someone else has her puter. I hope she is well enuf to be on the computer and I guess no news is good news.

Hah! I foiled mr. tank and rocky at the feed buckets. I hung two more buckets and split their grain ration....now they think they r stealing someone's grain ration but by the time they get their two buckets of grain eaten the mares have time to relax and eat theirs....guess I am still alpha mare! cheers Wink sandie and Cinnamon appreciate me!

Windy here today...............but 59 degrees so quite nice.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:00 pm

I am happy to hear Mike is doing better, hope that trend continues. Also, I am glad Harry is recovering from his knee surgery! I look forward to seeing pix of him riding his horse! He gives me hope for Donnie's knee problems.

My good friend, M, is facing a hip replacement, then a knee replacement. Poor woman has really had some pain, too.

My tree is still undecorated....sigh....this month has flown by.

I may go on a ride on Christmas Day, if the weather cooperates and my riding friend gets her ducks in a row. We should have the trail to ourselves and it is the only day this week that it isn't supposed to rain....
And will be nearly 70° ! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:57 pm

When I was still working at Viking, my manager had a knee replacement, and then a hip replacement. Before that, she was in severe pain ALL the time. Having the surgeries changed her life. She could do so much more than she did before and was soooo much more comfortable. The recovery from the hip was more difficult than the knee, but she was so glad she did it. She has recently retired from being the manager, to being a 10-12 hour a week employee, which is what she'd been wanting to do for a long time. She'll be able to enjoy her retirement.

It's raining here this morning, and mid 40s. A very mild December. With the warmer air and the rain, the grass is staying green.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: prayers and hugs for all our wounded or ill   December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 4:56 pm

8 fractured ribs, several are multiple fractured, bruised heart and lungs. kidney and bladder injured. In a step down unit now, stiil no idea when I can go home. This hurts like hell!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 5:54 pm

OH MY GOSH, Rose! I'm so glad to see you post. When you feel like it, tell us what happened. I'm so sorry you are in such pain.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Thank you dear God for Rose's healing in advance. We are so glad to hear from you ROSE............praying you get pain relief soon. Wish I could help! Try to post when you can.

ARK, hope you get your ride in this Friday.

Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Ditto ELLEN's comment!! Feel better soon.

OK...warning to ROSE ... there might be something here to laugh about. Read further at your own risk!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I prepared syringe with mare's pain med and got in my truck to drive to mailbox ... needed to check mail and also get trash container and recycle box. Trash & recycle pickup is on Sunday night. Picked up recycle box ... dropped it into trash cont ... picked up lid and covered container. Then remembered I needed to check mail. Retrieved mail from box ... got in truck and went to barn to medicate and feed grain to mare. Noted she seemed to be feeling "pretty good" but decided to feed hay inside as it is very overcast. Got in truck and drove back to the house and parked in garage. Gonna lift trash container out of truck, but NO CONTAINER!! The container was still up by the mailbox!! The whole reason for using truck was to get / carry container. I WALKED back to mailbox Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad GETTING OLD SUCKS!!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Boy, ya got that right, Rick! I've had a lot of things to get done today, and was mostly successful. But in that process, there were at least two times I walked back to the bedroom to get something and then had to go back to the kitchen to figure out what I was going after.

Ark, today is the day! The days start getting longer again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:44 am

HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE!!!

ROSE
I am so sorry about your accident and your pain. Eight ribs....yikes!
Heal up soon!! hug

Raining here today. We have to take Kazi in for her pedicure this afternoon. I will be hearing a lecture about her gaining back some weight Rolling Eyes .She is doing well lately, no pain and galloping around.

RICK
Walking is good for you! Helps the memory, you know..... ROFL

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 7:01 pm

The last package is wrapped! Now, I can work on finishing the tree.

It is very pleasant outside today, nearly 50 and no wind. Pretty unusual for this time in December. I'll take it.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to go babysit for a while so that "Santa and Mrs. Claus" can put together a little ride-in battery powered car to for Little Miss Scarlett. Little Sister Lilah, got a ride-on battery powered scooter for her birthday last weekend. They'll be zipping around all over the place. Lilah had the "go" part figured out, but the steering part was a little iffy. Laughing It won't take her very long to get it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:25 pm

This time of year is so fun for kids. Remember me telling you we have a garage band next door and they practice a couple times a week. They are getting better and better. So, tonight they are having a Christmas concert next door. We are to dress warm and bring chairs. This should be really fun. The twins will probably be deliriously funny.

So, I baked yet another batch of sugar cookies for the event. LOL. I think it's good to get the kids all sugared up for the big event. We're going to have a good time. I'll really enjoy it as we don't have any little kids at our house and this will be like the church program. I think the big kids are doing more contemporary Christmas carols for their concert. Many of our church congregation will be there.

Prayers for ALL. Sure hope Rose is recuperating.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 11:46 pm

Most of you have probably already seen this from Rose's daughter, Robin.
"UPDATE: Mom is here at my house as of 6pm. She ate dinner and has settled in. She is very very happy to be out of the hospital and can really start to heal now because there is no true resting in the hospital!!! Smile If you want to send her a card, you can send it to:
124 Muirfield Court West
Blythewood, SC 29016

Thank yall for all the prayers!!"
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:35 am

I'm sending a card out, thanks for posting address.

Well 2 appts today.....40 miles apart.....pick up a few groceries, and grain inbetween...gonna be a loooong day.

Is everyone done with your shopping? hmmmm?
We got the camper, the car, and the recliners, and horse this year, santa is to broke to poop! I did get some puzzle books for us at the dollar store tho annd some chocolate covered cherries....and I'm making homemade vegetable soup for dinner and brother is coming over, his family is having a dinner on saturday. I'm just happy to spend time with him. the grandndaughters will call on christmas.....that will make our day!

If anyone is alone and wants to talk I'm here, I know the holidays can be rough. my phone does better at texting, it drops calls, but 208 591 1135 is the number.....
Love everyone of you!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Graymare, how was the concert last evening? Did it get rained out?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:25 pm

CB, hope your reports are good news..............let us hear.

Robin, thanks for Rose's temp snail mail addy. Sure hoping she is feeling a bit better today.

ELLEN, I was amazed at the concert. The garage band is really getting good.
They did Christian rock songs I didn't know. Their singer is really good. They had piano, bass guitar, elec guitar, drums......they started playing 7 yrs ago so now are hitting their stride. Then we had a 13 yr old solo singer......holy cow, she was amazing. She did contemporary Christian songs solo with taped background music and then did 3 songs playing the piano for her accompaniment. Then we had a screen with words and we all sang traditional Christmas carols, each singer taking turns playing the piano. Everyone brought food and we had wine, There was lemonade for the kids. The little kids all played on the swings etc and played bean bag toss throughout the concert. There were about 100 people there all from church, maybe more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2015
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next