Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2016

Go down 
+3
cb
Ark
Graymare
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

February 2016 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 2:15 am

Thanks, CB and GRAYMARE!
I had a nice birthday. Got rained on, of course, and killed my wheelbarrow in the MUD, but did get a big chocolate cake and dinner out! We bought a new wheelbarrow after dinner.

We had a weird weather day. After being in the low 40s and raining all night and most of Wednesday, it suddenly warmed up to 65° and got sunny in the late afternoon....temporarily. Then the wind started howling and the temps went back down 10 degrees or so. There was a tornado in Virginia in the eastern side, so we missed the worst weather.

Got your phone message, RICK!! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Very Happy

We are going to try to get Kazi to Va Tech tomorrow, for the third time in as many weeks. I hope we can get the trailer out of the mushy driveway. No gravel yet....

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:40 am

Happy belated birthday Ark. Chocolate cake. yummmmmmmmmmm

Hey guys, I'm feeling fine, thanks for asking. I seem to have to stomach stuff back under control. Adding different foods to my diet slowly. UUGGHHHHH that was awful, praying I never have one of those attacks ever again.

We went to the ROTC banquet Saturday night and being the old fools that we can be at times, we decided that we were young and spry enough to walk up & back down 3 flights of huge steps instead of using the elevator. DUH what were we thinking? Me, in heels no less..The walk to the car was excruciating...Next year we are talking the elevator like us older people should do. We hobbled around for a couple of days, I broke out my old knee brace.

The banquet was nice, it always makes me smile to see the cadets in their uniforms getting the awards they work so hard for all year long.

It's been raining here since Tuesday. The snow is all gone and thankfully the snow missed us this time around. It's 47 degrees this morning. YEAH.

Filed our taxes yesterday. We owe nothing and get nothing back just the way we like it.

Onto the next project, getting ads from the local businesses for the Military Order of the Purple Heart Convention we are hosting in June. We are making a program booklet.

Off to church this morning for our Barnabas group. It will be sad group today, one of our pastors sister passed away (during hip surgery) and a 7th grader shot himself in the head last week, he passed yesterday also, Sadness everywhere.

Enjoy the last few days of Feb, we are over the hump and heading into springtime.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:40 am

This morning brought fun smiles with sunrise...........two balloons overhead with people waving.........I waved back, Rex not so much. LOL My phone got the pic. I need to get it here.........bye.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:16 pm

February 2016 - Page 5 412232526
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:21 pm

LOL. That's it folks.......

Hey, the ballooners were having a great time by the time they got here........about 5 min I would guess.............good air currents etc.

Not much goes on outside at 6:30A so that was big doings to Rex & me.

lol! ROFL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Ark, did Donnie at least put a big red bow on your new wheelbarrow? Very Happy Happy Birthday!

What a neat thing to have the balloons right over your house! Makes for a happy morning.

Trudy, sure glad to hear you are feeling better again.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:52 pm

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ARK! Even if a bit belated. I think of you and Donnie every time I raise a glass in the holder you so kindly sent -- and as I drain the last drops of my own maple syrup supply. Now I'm wishing you could stop in here this afternoon to help me dispose of the chocolate cake I made for myself a few days back -- it needs a birthday girl! It sounds like you had a good day, but I think you should plan another when the sun comes out -- and after the mud's dried.

Warm days and cold nights here -- with several days just like SPRING -- mean that the syrup makers are already tapping. I feel sorry for the ice fishermen who haven't had enough periods of prolonged cold to make the ice completely safe. Their shanties keep appearing out on the ice, then reappear lined up on the shore, awaiting another freeze.

That storm that swept all the way up here from Mississippi and Louisiana this week gave us a mushy day yesterday -- snow overnight changing to rain, with the sun only just now returning.
I am glad to see the sun!

Great pic, GM!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:03 pm

Beech, where the heck have u been? whatcha been up to? not much snow/cold this winter, that sounds good to me! we had cold, more than normal and of course it was while hubby was laid up and WAH had to be out doing chores.

All our inspections r done now and paperwork turned in, just waiting on va report. I know they can be picky......I know y'all know I hate to wait....that lil cartoon with the 2 starved vultures in the tree and one says, have patience, the other says "patience my ass, I'm gonna kill somethin" well you know which one I am, huh!

Tomorrow night going to big horse and tack sale.....reward for all the labor last few weeks labor and sore muscles! wow...my next place will be brand new...no repairs!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:24 pm

ELLEN
Nope, no big red ribbon. I was thrilled to get a working wheelbarrow that would actually roll! The old one's wheel fell off, after I had it loaded, of course. Rolling Eyes Donnie can repair it and use it around the garage.

GRAYMARE
Wow! Nice to see a big balloon! Years ago, one landed in our pasture next to the barn. I don't know how the horses and goats reacted, we had gone to town and got back as they were packing the balloon into a van. My sheltie, Kelsie, freaked out and ran away. She returned three days later. So you might be lucky your dog did so well!
Ivan would probably freak out, too. He is very skeptical of the Goodyear blimp when it flies nearby. There is an airport a couple miles away and the blimp shows up once in a great while. Ivan watches it like a hawk, but pays no attention to planes or helicopters.

BEECH!
You have made it thru another Maine winter!! cheers I am not sure I will make it thru this Virginia winter, yet. We should probably explain that drink holder Laughing . (Since BEECH' s first name is Virginia, I can't resist sending her Virginia touristy items with the state logo on it: "Virginia is for Lovers".... Very Happy ) I keep waiting to hear reactions from her friends! Laughing

CB
No gravel yet, but the horrendous wind is helping to dry the driveway. We managed to get the loaded trailer out. We loaded Kazi and Ivan into the trailer and took them to Va Tech. Ivan did NOT want to get on the trailer in the wind, but finally decided I was not going to let him refuse and got on. It was 37° with a wind chill of 21°, and he arrived at the vet school drenched in sweat. He hates traveling in the trailer. He and Kazi were both very good while there. She got a pedicure and Ivan got the first half of his shots. He calmed down and dried his sweat. He only minorly protested getting back on the trailer, Kazi walked straight on. Then Ivan bugged the crapola out of Kazi all the way home. He arrived home with no sweat and happy as a clam. Kazi's nerves were probably shot, Ivan can be a big pest.

No lesson tomorrow, the wind and cold will be like today. Sigh....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:08 am

No balloons today..................LOL, I kept looking and waiting as I did some weeds. Shocked Shocked Shocked

We did have a funny yesterday (at least to me & my friends). It's not funny but it was. Picture this: in your kitchen making your morning coffee (88 yrs old) as she was headed to her patio for morning coffee. She heard a huge "boom", looked out and a SUV was in her swimming pool. No one hurt. She said "at 88 it could have given me a heart attack"..........the driver stayed at her house for 4 hrs while they had treats and coffee. It took 2 tow trucks the 4 hrs to get her car out. Then the insurance guys were right there to do/get the repair estimate etc................that lady was the best sport ever..............smiling the entire time on TV in her cute sundress.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:13 am

ARK, I thought of you when it showed the car in the pool. The block wall was ruined but it wasn't near her house.. The driver lady was not impaired....I guess she she just pushed a bit too hard on the gas and turned a bit too soon.........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Oh my gosh! That lady must have been going way too fast to have broken through a rock wall and then into the swimming pool! The "hostess" must be a super nice person. And now she has a good story to tell.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Wow. I am sure glad no one was in that pool! I sure know the sound of a vehicle hitting a masonry wall.... Rolling Eyes Her experience sounded more entertaining!

Whew, the wind the past two days has been terrible. Blow your hair off windy. And cold. The mud is a bit better, so the horses got to go nibble a little grass for the first time in weeks. They were sooo happy! Ivan kept running from one horse to another, checking out his herd. I love you
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 12:32 am

Hey did yas see on the news where a pony with a unicorn horn gave its owners the slip and folks were seeing it running down hiways and police chasing it.....a white unicorn! haha! they use him to take pictures with kids and something spooked him. he was fine ans so were the drivers, but I would have loved telling that story...was driving to work and there went a unicorn, man! lol. I mean how often do you see a unicorn runnin around. cuteness.
Mythical....

Weather is nice here, hoping its headed your way Ark.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 12:45 am

CB, I saw the unicorn pony too. He looked like Zippy with a waffle cone fastened to his head. A little girl led him away. Really cute. Smile
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 2:08 am

There is just something magical about unicorns....makes one smile and dream of faraway lands.....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:27 pm

I saw that unicorn :dance: ROFL . Smart little guy! He did look like Zippy. I need to find Zippy or Kazi a unicorn horn..... Very Happy Too cute!

We are having a sunny day! sunny cheers Unfortunately, it is still chilly and windy, but at least it looks nice. Tomorrow and Monday it is going to be about 65° and not windy. I am going to ride Ivan both days. Donnie groomed the arena really well this morning with the tractor. The footing is very nice. I put Daisy, Ivan, Areion and Cactus in there just before going out to lunch. When we got back, all four were sprawled out on the ground taking a major nap. Sleep The warm gravel must have felt pretty good. I rarely see Ivan or Cactus laying down.

Lori is coming here Monday for my first riding lesson in a month!! :dance: I am ready to get back in riding shape.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 11:13 pm

Oh , wasn't that little girl w the unicorn precious?

ARK, have a great time w your lesson on Monday. I'm betting your horses loved their sunbaths.

Perfect weather here today. I moved manure with the tractor.........LOL

Hope your auction was fun CB.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi. Hello?

Everyone must be outside having a great time...........

:dance: :dance: :dance: lol!
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Here I am, GM!

Oh, ARK, I don't think I'm through our winter yet! I do tend to think that hope returns with March, but we can still get snowed in. At least we could in the past. Last winter at this time the accumulated snows were so deep that the horse had to walk downhill and duck his head to get into his stall. Nothing like that this year -- we still have patches of snow and ice in my front yard and in the woods, but repeated rains have erased most of what snow we did get. I do DREAM that winter's over...

Well, I USED to be "for lovers", but galloping age has given that expression a meaning (as applied to me) less personal and more abstract. lol! lol!

Had breakfast out with a friend this morning, came home to sand some wooden letters I'd cut out for another friend on my scroll saw, then swept the barn (now garage) floor and came inside to make a smoothie for lunch and settle in to finish the book club's novel. Exciting life!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 1:23 am

GRAYMARE
Yep, I was outside in the fabulous 63° weather having a wonderful time! cheers Well, after the barn was cleaned.... The mud is almost firm. I rode Ivan while Donnie trimmed feet for Daisy and Zippy. Ivan was very good! We mostly walked, trotted a little, and practiced turning without reins. I have to mix up the pattern or Ivan memorizes it and anticipates our next move. He really is a smart horse. I have a lesson tomorrow. My hip joints can sure tell I have been riding.

Our new farrier, while a nice guy, is really not working out for us. Donnie shouldn't have to go behind him and re-do the horses. He doesn't have a clue about the ponies, and leaves too much toe on all of the horses. Explaining has not helped. Doing one foot as an example also has not helped. We are going to have to go farrier shopping again.

BEECH
That groundhog said we'd have an early spring. Time for him to produce the goods! Or else..... affraid I hope you don't get anymore big snows this year. We have snow predicted for this coming Friday, but it won't last long, it will be too warm to stick around on Saturday.

CB
How are you and Harry and the stove doing???
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:52 am

This afternoon we went to Friend's daughter's house. She's been working on a 2500 piece jigsaw puzzle. We helped her with that for a while and made some pretty good progress. Friend repotted a plant for her, then we watched the latest Mission Impossible movie.
The weather continues to be perfect.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 6:46 am

I have been trying to post here but my phone says I have viruses...and can't. we r sore but doing ok. stubborn man. I wanted to put a step halfway down for the stove and dolly but he said nooooo. so when the weight of stove and dolly came off the tailgate, he wasn't able to lower it, it got away from him and pulled him off and that stove went one way, he came right at me off to one side....I instinctingly put my hands up to break his fall and somehow his foot hit me on top of my shoulder.....oh boy, ouchie! his scar over his knee opened up but ortho says no damage to the new joint. it didn't open deep into tissue just outer edge, but good thing he landed on something soft to break his fall some. all 3 of us ended up on front patio cement area, stove 2 points, ol fogies el zippo. dr. told me my collarbone was broken but xrays said not, he wants me to get more xrays on tuesday....
Stove miracously still works.......I wonder if its as sore as we r.......
Never a dull moment......I could use some boredom.

Jessi and her gang r coming for spring break in 12 days, I have to be ready to do big roller coasters and fun stuff.

Weather was nice, but cooler with rain coming up.

Later taters.....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Honest to Pete CB...............good grief. Hope you & Harry heal in 12 days!!!
My hope would be that you don't get a new refrigerator.

Yes, BEECH, age has galloped up on all of us..........I'm still up riding but never at a gallop anymore. I used to love the wind and the flat out stride flying across the range. Now it's just enjoying the sheer beauty and being thankful for the great rides. Faith is now just a happy slow poke taking rough terrain like a small bulldozer. When we get back to the trailer she always seems to say "nice ride old girl" to me.

Here's today's funny on the news: big highway mess..............truck hauling porta potties rolled after another truck swerved into it..........pretty shi tty day for all involved. Certain things just shouldn't happen. It shut down the highway and the stench was not good............ affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 1:47 pm

G, GM, that was going to be my next purchase....maybe I should rethink that, eh.? Neutral

That's kinda funny about the rollover, it really stinks that it happened... Laughing

Hubby is sore, but doing pretty good, doc told him good thing I broke his fall or he would have been back in surgery....I'm gonna use that for getting housework done at least for 2 weeks. tongue

It could have been much worse...so can't complain too much...and another nice warm day today, albeit a bit windy....ill take it.

We r searching our minds about if we r fit enuf to ride anymore....I am torn. I love being on a good horse enjoying the trails....but.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 3:45 pm

CB, if you get a refrigerator, pay the extra to have it delivered! Honest to goodness you find more ways to get in trouble that I can even imagine. Very Happy Certainly glad that Harry's knee wasn't damaged.

Ark, I've heard from lots of people that they have trouble finding a good shoer. I don't know why they seem to think that leaving a long toe is a good idea.

At my house, it's in the 30s with more snow coming tomorrow and Wednesday. Here? It's perfect. Sunny and warm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2016
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next