Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2016

Go down 
+3
cb
Ark
Graymare
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

February 2016 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:23 pm

No roans, they r blue instead of bay or brown with white blaze and stockings.....I guess they r worth quite abit......I like the regular color better, I think its more of a stark contrast in coloring and look flashier than the soft blue color, but still beautiful horses.
Sunny and I lost a friend today, copd......so sad, she was such a jolly person and loved to ride. kat will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:59 pm

WARNING: This is POLITICAL and I'm NOT wanting to start any arguments here in our beloved FOOPLAND COMMUNITY. I do love my FOOP friends regardless of how you may feel about this. I posted this on another site I frequent...the topic was: Who should be the next President?

Lets not forget to look closely at House / Senate. Think how *little* has been done due to all the partisan difficulties / differences. I'm not suggesting "YES" to all the Pres. wants to do...or as already done ..., but I DO WANT TO SEE a willingness to actually RESPECTFULLY / CIVILLY talk things out and reach "compromise" that is perhaps a better idea than EITHER SIDE initially proposed. We do NOT need Congress / government acting like life is a "game". THINK / LOOK BEYOND THE END OF YOUR NOSE FOLKS!!

I am VERY SLIGHTLY more of a Sanders fan than Clinton. My "fear" if she is elected is that she and the country will continue to be gravely distracted with more anti Hillary issues. YES ... she may very well be a tiny bit more "sensible" about how the issues will ultimately play out with the public, but the "distraction" will get in the way.

Trump / Cruz are gonna get us ALL hurt with their inflammatory rhetoric (possibly BEFORE the election...??) ... some hot head is gonna start something over a Trump / Cruz comment. BOTH are acting like school yard bullies. The bloody nose will be the AMERICAN People and not just theirs. They scare me because I've seen NO SIGN on their part to be cool / calm / reasonable.

If Clinton is the nominee, I will cheerfully vote AGAINST the Republican. If Sanders is the nominee, I will cheerfully vote FOR him.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Well, it's game day, quiet here, horses munching grass. I just made 10 big burgers for the TV party......I also have taquitos, guac, & pico. I decided since it will be crowded to run to the store, get some ground beef & buns to take, also.
We will only go at 3P for the beginning and come home about 5 to feed and
sit on our own couch.........

Hey, I think our entire congress is despicable..........they have huge salaries for life along with superior health care to Obama care.........to top it off, they have been nonproductive for years and years.........I'm independent and have never been affiliated with either party, but people better think before they vote and pray we have anything left for our grandkids when we're dead, other than debt. They have to pay the price.

Trump is a crazy man..............can you spell f a c i s t?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Rick, ain't touchin it....I learned my lesson....

Did everyone watch the big game? did ur team win? we watched the puppy bowl...so stinkin cute!

Did absolutely nuthin today....fed critters and made dinner....lazeeeeee...hubby even went back to bed for awhile......lazy day.

Tomorrow pt, one more week ......and grocery store.......lead such an interesting life.....sigh.....

Shrimp scampi for din din.....yummmmmy.

Sweet dreams y'all
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 11:53 pm

I would like to see those blue horses.  Take pix next time, CB!  My mare, Arkady, looked blue in certain light during her earlier years, before she dappled.   So pretty....

We finally caught up on cleaning the barn, arena, and drylots from a week of snow and mud.  We still have mud....but I finally got a ride on Ivan today!  The arena' s gravel has drained and is quite rideable again.  

Ivan was very good.  He enjoyed the game I had us doing, there were lots of candy corn prizes.  We did lots of reinless turns,  switched gaits after a few steps, touched the target ball with his nose after a sidepass toward it, backed, made one step quarter turns,  halted instantly, etc.  Lots of things, not many steps in any of them.  It's an exercise to get him to use his marbles.  He liked it!    

After I put the horses to bed, I was getting ready to close up the chickens, just about dusk.  I heard a gunshot down on the road below my barn.  Just as I turned toward the sound, there was another gunshot.  I saw a man out behind his truck on the road, shooting into our lower hayfield.  I yelled, "Hey!" really loud.  The man jumped into his truck and took off up the road towards the intersection by the bridge.  I figured the guy would turn away from our property.  Donnie came running out of the house asking what I was yelling about and I pointed out the truck.  Donnie went to the other side of the house and the truck came right past our house!  Donnie took pix of the truck, driver, and the company's name on the truck.  Even had a phone number on the logo.  We went down to the lower field and there was a freshly killed possum.  He was shooting off the road toward my barn.  Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:04 am

Parboiled / baked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:19 am

Find him, let him know if he does it again he is toast....or turn him in. if I'm not wrong handicap can shoot frm the road if they have a permit...anyone else know?

Mark your land boundries with no trespassing, so hunters know evenif they shoot something can't go after it....

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:50 am

Holy cow! What is wrong with people? People these days sure just seem to
do really get scary at times............glad the bullets didn't stray, ARK.

We just had a bunch of fire works over the football game. Scary for horses in our area. I went to friends' earlier. The big TV seemed huge at 65"......then old TV on the patio. We had TONS of food, and the kids went to Costco and bought the big fat leather recliner for their dad. AND the grand kids brought him a crown to wear. He had a Burger King crown and we all had fun laughing and enjoying the game hype. Most of us cried during the dedication to America music.................a fun afternoon.........we are blessed.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 1:49 am

I was so glad that Peyton gets another Super Bowl ring. The defense did it for him, but nevertheless, he'll wear the ring. He's such an all-around good guy, it's really nice to see the good guy win one.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 am

ARK: I don't know your hunting rules, but in PA you are not allowed to shoot from the road or from a vehicle, and not into anyone's pastures where there are livestock. Here it is a BIG fine, loss of hunting license and maybe their driver license & vechicle. We take hunting very serious in PA. Do you have a Game Commission? Call them and report him.

CB: I'm with you on the issue of politics...I'm taking the high road and letting sleeping dogs lie..or is it grammatically lay???? scratch

GRAYMARE: Sounds like you guys had a fun Super Bowl party.

I was happy to see Peyton & his team play such a awesome game. Way to go Broncos...He can retire in style now. Most of the commercials to me were like "HUH" what they heck are they taking about?????
Lady Gaga surprised me with her singing of the anthem, the girl can sing. Who knew????

Loved the 50 Super Bowl MVP's before the game. Our favorite Steeler Hines Ward came out swinging his Terrible Towel.. ClappingHands ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 9:55 am

Trudy, I agree about the commercials. I didn't think there were any big winners at all. When they announced that Lady Gaga was going to sing the national anthem, I was dreading it because I thought she would do some rock version. So, it was a really nice surprise when she started to sing. She did it very well.
I've heard a rumor that Peyton will become at least part owner of the Titans.

Ark, Indiana has a Department of Natural Resources, DNR. They would be who I would call if something like that happened around here. They have the power to make arrests.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 2:55 pm

There is a diabled hunting permit that allows shooting from a stopped vehicle, look it up....but unless he had another body with him, which he is allowed, he wouldn't be able to go get the game and if you have signs and fenceposts marked with no trespassing or hunting, he shouldn't be shooting or getting the game, it has to be posted.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Where is our ROSE?  Is she OK?

Warm & sunny out here today...........too soon to be this warm............about 70 I think.

I called my friend this morning and she & the TV King of Football recovered
from their party......everyone was SO happy for Peyton Manning.  Well, here, we're moving right along to baseball & spring training............

Horses are muddy with hair shedding already..........happy happy out eating.
I harrowed the arena and will work with the gang this week.

Last edited by Graymare on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 5:30 pm

LOL, all I did was type 3 words all together............ Shocked
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 12:18 pm

Been brrrry chilly here with high winds and wind chill to single digits. I'm sooo tired of cold.....come on spring, get springin!

Today is my friend KATs birthday, she will be having her celebration of life. wish I were closer. I will miss talking and laughing with her.

We start putting flooring down today....starting in bathroom first, new seal....new faucettte on sink...hubby is making towel holders out of horseshoes.....yay project time......keeps us busy. we r refinancing mortgage so need to spruce up a bit.

I hate hearing the wind blow when its cold cuz I know its even colder out that door! I love a warm breeze tho......caressing your body....its so relaxing.......
The horses were feeling their oats yesterday, running and jumpin and buckin....silly horses....I was fearful there would be a collision...some awfully close calls....normally they are calm, a lil bit of swapping feed buckets...but there r 7 buckets for four horses, so they move to another....I saw my new mare run yesterday, she looked really smooth, and has a stride on her, and she can lower a shoulder and spin quite nicely....just hope not with me on her!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 11:56 pm

Winter has returned - or finally gotten here. Whichever. It's going to be highs in the 20s and lows around zero, along with some snow.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 12:26 am

I think we have ELLEN's weather by mistake. It has been snowing off and on all day. Not much accumulation, but the roads were slick. We canceled Kazi's pedicure until next week. It is cold and windy and getting colder.

When did they start naming winter storms? Seems kind of silly....

No lesson this week, Thursday is going to be very cold. The next week I have a dental appointment, so no lesson then. I miss my riding lessons!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:07 pm

Ok.....I'm ready to take drastic measures to ensure we start having spring like weather and no more of this cold stuff.....the next full moon we have will find me dancin naked and hummin to mother nature and father winter to make up and have some hot steamy sex! that oughta warm things up, eh? drunken Wink Surprised who's with me.

Yesterday was my friend KATS birthday, and her celebration of no more pain. I hope she was galloping on the clouds on her fave horse that went before her. she will certainly be a bright star. it was sad on facebook folks wishing her happy birthday that the news of her passing hadn't caught up to her many internet /facebook friends.

Very. brrrrry cold still....blah........... Neutral
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:32 am

Okay, if I'm gonna scare y'all away, I will dance in the moonlight semi naked.....now come on back everyone!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:36 am

It's snowing again. We have about 2 inches on the ground. This morning, it has warmed right up to 19 degrees. Texas, here I come in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:56 am

CB
Single digit windchills here this morning. You will have to dance without me! ROFL (Be sure to post pix... Wink )

ELLEN
I want to go with you! I am so tired of winter weather.

Horsies are back in their blankets, and seemed happy about that. Areion is in a new red one and looks quite snazzy. It looks like a horse size box of crayons at the barn....red, purple, green and blue. The fat, hairy little ponies and donkey don't wear blankets, and Cactus won't move at all if you put one on him anyway. He becomes a donkey statue.

A week from today it is supposed to be 50+ degrees. I am ready...
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:57 pm

@ 4:15PM. DOC'S LUCKY FINALE (aka: Miranda, Miss Moo, Pony, Phony Pony, and occasionally &^%$#!!) crossed the Rainbow Bridge. She had a lot of loving attention this afternoon as well as apple chunks and oatmeal cookies. Jillian (her registered owner) Carol and I were with her. Jillian wanted to stay and watch the backhoe friend bury her. I can hear the tractor running as I write this at 4:55.

We are OK ... Miranda / Phony doesn't hurt anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Rick, that is such a hard thing to have to do. It never gets any easier, even when we know it's the right thing to do. Hugs to all of you.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:32 am

I just got home from going to see Bill Engvall at a small local theater. We laughed from the moment he walked out until he walked off. It was a really nice evening. If he comes to a venue near you, don't hesitate to buy a ticket. It wasn't an "adult" show either. There were some senior adult topics, but nothing that us geezers don't know about. As always, he makes the mundane funny.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:46 am

RICK
I was very sorry to hear about Miranda. I know you will miss her.... hug

ELLEN
I bet that was a fun evening! How long will you be staying in Texas this year? Your neighbors' cats will miss you! Very Happy I would stay until all chances of cold weather are gone.

We went to Bojangles on Wednesday evening for their salad topped by grilled chicken. It was diet day and the salad fits the calories we can have. We just finished up and the counter lady ran out and told us we couldn't leave yet, she wanted to give us something for Valentine's Day. She brought both of us a big heart shaped, fresh from the oven, slathered in icing, blueberry sweet biscuit..... Drool ....So much for diet day! It was the tastiest thing I ate all week! That was so sweet that the counter lady did that. ClappingHands We thanked her, ate the treat, and figured there would be another diet day soon enough.

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:02 pm

ARK ... your posting about "diet day" is just mean!! lol!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2016
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next