Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2016

Go down 
+3
cb
Ark
Graymare
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rick Angell

February 2016 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:02 pm

ARK ... your posting about "diet day" is just mean!! lol!!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Ark, that was such a nice thing for the lady to do for you. I would have done the same thing. Smile and enjoy every bite.

I'll probably be gone about a month. By that time, spring should be starting to show up. Cricket will have to survive in the nice big barn. He'll miss his nice towel-lined box. Maybe I'll take that over to the barn for him. LOL
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Ellen, r u coming by anywhere close and have time for a cuppa?

Going to be 10 here toninght without wind chill....ooooga! yep that's the sound I made.

Ark, that sounded good! yum

Rick, tough day...but its part of caring for and about the animals in our lives

Where is everyone, yoohoo?

Mon tue wed spose to be in the 60s, holy cow! ill take it!

Hubby the dummy left the gate open when he drove a big bale of hay in the field....he thought the horses would just run up to the hay.....NOPE they ran right up to the gate and out and went different directions saying catch me if you can. they have ten acres to run on, but they went sightseeing. neighbors helped round them up and tank was the only one with cuts...nothing serious....you can put a dogleash around their necks and they r caught...docile as puppies.....but boy I was glad I wasn't on them running bucking and jumping....yehaw. I was so mad at all 5 of them including hubby! my ankle was just starting to feel pretty good! but not up for running yet....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 2:20 pm

CB, friend's sister is riding along with me. I don't know where we will be or when, so it would be hard to plan anything. I know you are near Springfield, so if that looks like a place we'll stop, I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Sounds good. springfield is 50 minutes from us, lebanon is 1 hour....I44 goes right thru both towns. keep my number handy if you have any problems in this stretch. 2085911458.

Went to a real junk auction, shabby collectibles, tools that were worn out....we left it and went to livestock auctionn....hay prices r up, we have ours ordered..will be here. monday we think. we got the big squares again that we use the chainsaw to cut and then stack it...works great. chickens rabbits and goats r bringing really high prices now....didn't buy anything...just watched.

Went to buffalo to a grocery store where I buy burger patties in a big box, 40 for 20.00, part beef, part soybean....but they are soooo good. guess who I saw coming out of store? chris! she must still be in town.....geesh.

We stopped and got an order of fried chicken livers, yun, and came on home to feed. now back to work laying flooring. painted the kitchen yesterday...sprucin up for appraiser to come......needs sprucin up anyway......

Well, I need to come up with something for a late dinner....
Stay warm y'all. it was 9 here with windchill at 830 this morning....brrrrr....snow tomorrow.....grrrrr.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 1:28 am

CB, I saved your number in my phone. If it works out, I'll give you a call.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 2:25 pm

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Love to all.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Happy Valentines Day to all my foopy sweethearts! smooches and hugs!

We woke up to ice on everything and everywhere.....but most has melted now....no snow tho, am thankful. we will need some soon to make grass grow in the pasture....but I'm in no big rush...want to enjoy dry ground for a time.....

Hope yALL DO SOMETHING FUN

DID anyone notice gas prices r going up...8 cents overnight......

What a valentines crusher....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Donnie gave me tulips and chocolate Drool . I gave him a zippered sweatshirt, which does not fit and I will have to exchange it..... rake
So I shared my chocolate.

ELLEN.
Safe travels!! When are you going?

CB
Gas prices dropped here overnight by a couple of cents. It is now $1.47 in town. We have 40¢/gallon off at Krogers this month, so will be getting it for $1.09 :dance: . Wish we could store a bunch of gas for that price.....

The snow will be here very soon. They predict 4-7 inches this time. No Then ice on Tuesday. Somehow, I bet Kazi's pedicure will get postponed again this coming Wednesday. On a better note, the 6° this morning didn't feel too bad since the wind stopped blowing! Yesterday wasn't so pleasant....
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 5:02 pm

I've noticed that any little hiccup (or none) will make the gas prices jump up by 10 to 25 cents a gallon in a few hours. But, it takes days for it to drop back down a penny or two at a time. It ticks me off to see the barrel price dropping and the pump prices going up. I actually saw $1.28 for about 15 minutes the other day. It's back up to around $1.50+/-

Tomorrow, I'll find out what the prices are in other areas south and west.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Safe and fun travels, ellen.

I got a small dining table, oak, and 4 chairs...happy valentines day to me!
Hubby is getting turkey, gravy, mashed garlic taters, stuffing, and green beans and cherry cobbler. happy valentines day to him! Smile I love you

Warmer weather coming all this week....a big YEEEESSSSSSSS! I like!

Back to doing the flooring.....takin awhile!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:52 pm

I am in Joplin tonight. It was an easy day and at Springfield it was too early to stop. The best part is that it is warmer here. Santa Rosa, NM tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:50 am

Ahhhh wellllllll.....maybe another time.....have fun.

Still sprucin things up here at the hacienda....keepin our noses to the grindstone...

Weather is nice....can't complain rest of the week.....ill hate to see it go and get cold again....ill boo hoo then.

Where is everyone....yoohoo.....

Sweet dreams!

Ark, harry is all done with pt now. dr. said he may get a little more range but he's doing good. he got to 113 out of 120....he says he's happy!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:01 am

CB
That's great news about Harry! So how does he say his knee feels compared to before the operation?

ELLEN
Have lots of fun!! And tell us about it, I live vicariously.... Very Happy

We got about 9 or 10 inches of snow....At least the temps are starting to go up, but overnight we got freezing rain on top of the snow. It's a mess. Unless a weather miracle happens, Kazi is going to miss her trim appointment tomorrow...again.

Donnie used his snowblower yesterday, so I managed to get the barn clean. He made pathways everywhere. The chickens didn't even bother stepping outdoors, they are smarter than us! In an uncharacteristically brave moment, Cactus stood still as the snowblower went by him. He got covered in snow and looked like a white donkey. Then his self-preservation kicked in and he ran back to the barn. I had to brush snow off his ears, and the rest of him.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Ark, you can see the difference in his stance (he was getting so bowlegged cuz of the pain) and he says it feels soooo much better now and he stands straight on both legs now. for him it was well worth the surgery.

That's funny about cactus.....but my bulldog is such a chicken....he was attempting to crawl on the bed very nicely when the doxies started a growling snarling match and he thought they were on his tail, cuz he leapt so high so fast that he jumped all the way to the wooden headboard, smacked it with his head and then slithered down on my pillow with a moan! I had to laugh at him as I was luvin up on him. this dog has sure wormed his way into our hearts....

Sorry u have so much snow....good for ground I guess....we get ours in rain here mostly.
In idaho it helped fill reservoirs for growing crops, for irrigation. here we just depend on rain.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 9:29 am

I got to Santa Rosa, NM last evening, got a sandwich, and fell asleep shortly after. Of course that meant I woke up way too early this morning. I should get there by midday today.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 12:01 am

Trudy and beech and indy and and gm...and calling all pams and rose and donna and nancy lee...where might u ALLbe?

Ellen, glad you r there! have fun

We went to springfield today and I found a warehouse we checked out...they had scratch and dent items at really good prices. I was in awe.

Then we went to dominos, lg pizza for 599...oh yum!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 12:29 am

Hi all................I'm here, CB. Thanks for asking. Not much going on, spring grooming has started..............oh gads, this will take me til June............
or I could just wait and let God do it...........let me think......

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Today was tail day, started w Faith. She had her first wash and detangle......
It's fun because I truly think she loves the calm attn just standing there being fussed over. AND, I love the calm physical therapy............

Your place sounds like it's really coming around CB..........
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 1:18 am

Still sooo much to do.....but bit by bit....

The horses do seem to enjoy the brushing and attention...you can just see them going ahhhhhhh......the weather is warm this week, but going to get cold again here and still colder at night....I hope the horses hold onto some of their hair for now...but the only thing better than a nice trail ride is spending time with them in the warm sunshine....

Well its time to say sweet dreams and I hope all the foopites are ok.

Has anyone heard anything from ol man?
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 8:16 am

CB: I'm around, just been sick with Diverticulosis or Diverticulitis. UUGGHHHHHH Not a fun week here. Finally starting to feel better. Doc gave me a double dose of antibiotics and they made me sicker than ever. Had to go back to the Doc and he took me off the meds. Other than that not much going on here. On a bright note I did get a head start on my Lenten fast, since I couldn't eat anything and I lost 6 pounds in 5 days. I wanted to lose a few pounds but not that way. On the mend at least I think so.

RICK: So sad to hear about Miranda, letting our 4 legged buds cross the bridge is so difficult.

Our weather has been so crazy, we had snow/ice/rain and now it's supposed to be in the 40's. All the snow is gone and so is the -2 degree weather. Spring isn't too far away.

Saturday we have our ROTC dinner banquet at Bucknell University, praying my stomach is up to that event. I have to be better to attend that. It is always so exciting to see all the kids in their uniforms receiving their awards. George is giving out the Military Order of the Purple Heart Scholarship.

Love & prayers for all...
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:36 am

TRUDY
Hope you feel better very soon. And get to go to the event on Saturday!!
Our snow is still hanging on, we have 2 or 3 inches of slushy snow, black ice on the roads, and mud beyond belief. It has been an exhausting month trying to take care of the horses and barn.

Supposedly it will be in the 50s over the weekend, but they are already talking about another snow coming next week. affraid affraid When is this early spring going to happen? My arena is a saturated mess, my riding lesson tomorrow is probably not going to happen.

ELLEN
Soak up some rays for us!! sunny

GRAYMARE
I heard Phoenix was in the 90s yesterday! Your horses better shed fast! My ponies have just started shedding, the horses have not. Is your mare going to foal in the spring?

CB
I haven't seen OL'MAN's name pop up here since October. I hope he is okay. I did get 4 spammers trying to get into our forum yesterday. That hasn't happened in a long time. Is Harry going to get his other knee done?

I am off to the dentist today to be measured for my dental implant tooth. Our driveway has suffered in all the bad weather and is difficult to get out of in the car. So Donnie is coming home to get me at lunchtime in the 4WD truck. We are going to have to have the driveway repaired. The gravel has disappeared into the mud at the entrance.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 11:08 am

Feel better soon Trudy!

Ark, no his other knee is still good...so we r pushin on to some fun! my ankle was calling me names as it was warm yesterday I wore sneakers and it was screamin at me for not wearing my cowgirl boots for that ankle support. it started swelling and is sore.....yikes.

I need to dig out out address book and find genes number.....

Another warm sunny day, no complaints here, maybe this weather will head north east...our mud is gone....and I don't know what this stuff is on my driveway but even when it was wet and muddy everywhere else the drive stayed solid and dry....whatever it is I'm thankful for it.

Back to the grindstone, almost done with flooring....the dining room is 12 by 30.....takin hubby awhile....he still has to be careful.

Ellen, have fun!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 11:59 am

ARK, no foal this year..........working the colt.......saddled now and going well at easy pace. LOL, that' all the pace I can manage. I still ride the local mountains but the closer ones as I only ride 2-3 hrs. The new problem has become the goons that are out there. They bought horses, fancied up on their cowboy gear, etc. and are out there getting hurt. Twice I've picked up a stray horse all saddled etc, no rider.............I would call & call, no answer so just rode back to staging area to find owners.......this happened twice. Rider says "everyone said someone would bring him back". Seriously. Furthermore, they were such city slickers they thought it was normal trail riding. Twenty years ago you would never see a soul....a few coyotes and maybe some deer. All wild life other than a few rattlers in the spring is gone. I'll take rattlers over goons any day. Rattlers are predictable and known danger......the goons cause more surprise danger. I don't go no the big rides anymore as I don't drive that far to ride anymore. We now have a Facebook site and anyone can say "riding Wed. at Weaver's Needle".......those groups are really a mess as there are gen no solid riders, so they make the newspaper and TV news......fire department and rescue nightmares. Our population has grown immensely in 20 yrs........we never had "parks"......we just had open range from here to Tucson. There's now talk of limiting the number of horse trailers at any one park to a certain #.......who knows if that's true.

Makes me think of Larry. He really knew that country and he could tell me a cliff to look for or a specific huge rock to turn N or whatever was needed to find what I wanted to find. Hope he's well and still traveling. RICKSTER might know. He surely would die seeing the #'s out in his old territory.

I've been blessed for sure to have ridden the good open country. I was too spoiled. I could get to it now, it's just farther away. One thing tho, people are still loving and wanting horses............and having fun. And those people think they are "way" out west riding. And, for them, they are. I wonder what it was like for the big outfits when the population came west and took over their range. LOL, keeps us in good movies............

CB, do you still have good trail riding in your area? In our high mountains we still have great riding.

TRUDY..........hope you're on the mend. Does yogurt help? Probiotics?

No other news.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi Everybody. I got here yesterday about noon local time, after a completely uneventful trip - just the way I like them. Friend and I have been doing what we do best - talking nonstop. This morning we sat out on the patio and I enjoyed the bright sun and clear blue sky immensely. I intend to do a lot of that.

Friend ordered a new Kirby vacuum which arrived today. She is happily vacuuming anything and everything that doesn't run from her. I told the dogs they better stay on the move. Laughing Although the Pom might actually enjoy being vacuumed. The Chihuahua might be sucked in. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Sorry, Graymare ... I've only been in Phoenix airport and crossed that tiny NW corner of AZ on I-15. Wish i COULD go "out west" on a good trail ride!!

I've been on a mission to clean up my saddle and tack preparatory to selling stuff. My Circle Y (Park & Trail model) saddle would almost pass for "new" except for a very small scuff / scratch. The fleece lining still looks "good nappy", but obviously has been on a horse. I have a simple Circle Y breast strap that matches the saddle and will go with it. Haven't tried cleaning the leather bridles yet, but hopefully those will come out OK also. The hard / difficult thing will be pricing stuff. I won't try to hold up anyone on price, but I ain't gonna give it away either!!

Miss Carol is "getting serious" about planning our upcoming trip to Nova Scotia late spring / early summer. I desperately want to meet / visit / and HUG HER NECK ... Donna and those beautiful granddaughters. THAT would be the HIGHLIGHT of trip for me. cheers cheers cheers

Take care, FOOPS ... I hope to still be around Foopville some even though we are now horseless. We are "OK" with Miranda being gone now, but still kinda gets next to me mornings and evenings when I see the time and have the urge to "go feed". On a side note, we got a real nice / very sweet handwritten card from Dr. Gail extending condolences and "trusting" her to help. We were really touched by Dr. Gail's compassion.

Later, ... stay warm!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:12 am

Hey RICK.  Do you hear from Larry?  He called here a long time ago reporting HT's death.  Is he still driving?  I never have heard from him or Beannie since.  At that time he was still driving I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2016
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next