Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2016

Go down 
+3
cb
Ark
Graymare
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

February 2016 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:12 am

Hey RICK.  Do you hear from Larry?  He called here a long time ago reporting HT's death.  Is he still driving?  I never have heard from him or Beannie since.  At that time he was still driving I think.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Its been a long time since I heard from Larry ... I'm guessing quite awhile BEFORE HT passed away. Still driving at that time.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Rick, not required to have a horse, but sometimes required for one to dance naked in the moonlight....for a really good reason of course. I think we would all like to hear what you and snoop are up to!

70 degrees today, I got to be outside to do chores and bburn trash...paper stuff...I would have loved to be out there all day today, but our noses r to the grindstone as appraiser comes tuesday.

That flooring looks good but sure took a lot of time.....wheewwwwww

Ark r u getting this nice weather?

GM, I wonder if uggums would know where larry is, didn't he know him too? course I havnt heard from him since hubby quit going over the road driving.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 12:36 am

CB
We got up to 47° today, but are supposed to hit 58° Saturday and Sunday. cheers Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain on Sunday, so the mud goes on....and on and on.... Our arena is still frozen below the surface, so is not draining well as the snow and ice melt. It is such a mess. Then the really terrible weather news is that we may have another snowstorm next Tuesday and Wednesday. No No

We had dinner with Lori, my riding teacher, and her visiting parents. They live in northern Ohio, where they've barely had any snow all winter. Rolling Eyes I haven't had a lesson in a month. Ivan and I are not getting into shape this winter.

RICK
One only has to have an interest in horses, not own horses, to be a member of the forum. Even that is just a guideline, not written in cyber-stone. Very Happy Of course, you could always get yourself a new one! Very Happy

GRAYMARE
It is sad how over crowded some places have gotten. It doesn't pay to be a popular place to live in the long run. Too many people move there until it loses that special reason it became so popular. Blacksburg, VA, was listed as a great place to retire recently. The building going on there is tremendous, and the traffic is getting worse every year. With the university also building and growing, it won't stay a great place to retire for too many years. We live 15 miles from there, but Donnie works there and has to drive thru the traffic everyday.

We haven't seen any pix of your horses lately.....hint, hint....Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 12:45 am

CB, I haven't heard from UGS in years................the last time I heard from him Barbi was very ill and struggling........at that point he never posted that I know of and never answered my e mail which was sev years ago. I talked to him on the phone once when I was in Ft Worth and that was when he told me how ill Barbi was/is..............He was very involved with American Legion and Veterans
benefits etc for guys getting out of the service & helped many.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 2:09 am

I met him several times when we went thru his area, enjoyed him.

I have enjoyed meeting all of the foops a lot!

Ark, our mud is gone, and its been really a nice week, can't complain at all.....hoping this is spring!

Sweet dreams...
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 8:29 am

RICK: There are few of us on the forum that no longer have horses. They are always in our hearts and minds and I enjoy living vicariously thru the friends who still have their horses. I miss my boys every day.

ELLEN: I bet your friend is having a blast with her new Kirby, I love my Kirby, but she is just too heavy for me to drag around and have down sized to the Shark (which I have grown to love), The Shark does a great job, it just takes longer to vacuum since the heads are so much smaller than the Kirby.

ARK: It has grown up a lot around here also. There were 4 houses on our road when we moved here, now there are 11 new houses. Some of the houses have been sold twice cause living in the country was just too hard for the city folks. They wanted street lights, snow service & cable TV. One guy told George he felt like he was living in the wild west out here. HAHAHA

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm off to the ROTC banquet tonight, getting a chance to dress up and hang out with the rich people.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:17 am

Dressing up for me is wearing a one piece jumpsuit with a blazer and high heeled flipflops! hope you and george had a good time trudy.

We still want to do the other bathroom and small hallway on monday with new flooring. tomorrow we have to clean the middle aisle ofnbarn for 8 bales of hay coming in and do a yard cleanup, sweep the porches....I sure hope the appraisal is good cuz we sure have a lot of sweat equity in this place already. we shall see.

I took leftover scalloped taters, added milk butter and cooked broccoli and cheese to have creamy cheesy brocoli potato soup.....pretty tasty.

Now I have my feet up and jammies on ....need sleeeeeep.

Later taters, sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 11:51 am

The weather here has been WONDERFUL! We aren't doing anything very exciting, but it sure is nice to be outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 7:08 pm

CB.  I'm confused I think.  Are you moving?

Yes, ELLEN, great weather.

Hope your weather turns into spring soon ARK & RICK.

Last edited by Graymare on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 8:47 pm

RAIN,  Rain, rain...RAIN, Rain, rain....RAIN, Rain, rain...RAIN, Rain, rain....RAIN, Rain, rain

....etc.....etc.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Gosh, big fat full moon here. Bright. Really bright. I would assume ELLEN is sitting out reading in the moonbeams.

In RI I found a young cat in the moonlight in my barn so I named her Moonbeam. After I had her spayed, she hated me forever but lived well in the barn.............new homeowners inherited her. I told them she would hate them. She did, but it turned out she loved their dog's barn bed.............I only gave her a thick old Rambo horse blanket for a bed. LOL

Oh ARK...........hope you have good food, books, lots of hay, maybe some TV movies.........AND, maybe some good fudge.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 11:20 pm

Graymare, no....just trying to lower interest rate and get a fixed interest, lower payment.Iif something happens to my brother we may look for someplace warmer.....Iits been a cold long winter this year....I no liked it. Iit was all needed repairs and cosmetic stuff but we did Iit a bit faster due to appraisers scheduling....so tired even my butt hurts! and still lots to do as time and finances allow.

Ark, r u growing web feet yet? hang in there. spring is coming....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 3:13 am

That big full moon was is in a clear starry sky. It's windy, but otherwise nice.
We went to see a movie this afternoon - Hail, Caesar. Not a great movie. A few good laughs but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:51 am

Our moon is still big and bright here............the really full snow moon is tonight.
Here, a misnomer. In my summer mountains a gorgeous sight with stars and diamond snow.

Getting hay today..............

ARK, I will find out today (this afternoon) who swept Scottsdale. I didn't go
Saturday night. It's wild and fun with lots of screamng. LOL, at my age I'm screamed out. I will also find out which horse sold "high" in the stallion breeding auction. It's a great tourist attraction as well as a REALLY nice horse show. It brings millions of dollars literally to the city of Scottsdale.

I'm still doing spring cleaning as well as spring grooming. Reading program this afternoon............my two boys are getting so good. I'm tickled to death.
I'm learning dinosaur footprints............... alien alien alien

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 4:56 pm

Ya ne'er know when ya may hafta track one of those dinos.....

Putting finishing touches on....hubby is putting flooring in the hallway by the other bathroom. we need to get another box of flooring to finish it. but not today, that's on the to do list.

Well back to my dusting.....

Later taters!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 2:15 am

Helllloooooo....helllooooo....I think I hear an echo in here!

Zoooom zoooom! beep beep!

I thut I taw a putty cat......

I say son.....

Where have all the foops gone.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:06 am

This one is in Texas enjoying the great weather. Not doing anything interesting, but liking it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 11:03 am

CB, they went to Facebook..........I think anyhow.

Our snow moon is still high and bright........it's gray dawn here at 6:30A.

Nothing big going on here today. Groceries, salad, etc.........

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Okay, I feel better.  It took three tries, but I managed to get the car out of the mushy driveway and got to have lunch with a friend in Blacksburg.  I haven't driven the car in ages because of snow, ice, or mud.  Lunch out with a horsey friend was just what I needed.  That and  hot, fresh oatmeal cookies.... Drool

Donnie is ordering gravel, but I don't know when they can deliver it.  Those big dumptrucks are not 4WD.  We had one get stuck once in good weather!

We are forecasted to get 1 to 2 inches of rain tonight and all day tomorrow.  I am glad our creek is 15 to 20 feet below our barn' s level.  

We've just about finished the series, "Enterprise".  We've been watching  it for weeks.  There are only two episodes left.....sniff, sniff.... I will miss it.

Other than trying to keep the barn clean and my horses from drowning in the mud, that is about all that is going on here.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 11:31 am

Ahhhh ha ha! thank you Mother Nature, the snow missed us! yay! some folks r without power I think due to wind tho.

Inspection is done, its tough as va has lots of rules....we will know in a few days....

Today uckie dental appt and then blood draw.....I will be sleeping most of the day....so ifn you don't hear from me today.....you know why. lol

17 days til I see my grand daughters and Jessi/Joey....spring break!

Spring is coming, I have it on good authority, the prettiest and most vivid bluebirds are back. gosh they r pretty birds. the cardinals and bluejays and lil round snowbirds stayed all winter...birds are so colorful here.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 6:28 pm

No snow here. Just blue sky. No, there is nothing else in the picture. Just sky.
February 2016 - Page 4 412230405
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:05 pm

LOL. Great photography!! It is a great day, tho.

CB, good luck, hope your VA loan comes through. Are you driving to TX to see the kids? Fun time...........

ARK, you sure don't want the gravel truck stuck........hope your rai n has stopped!!!

TRUDY, are you back to feeling fine now?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:28 am

I admit I'm lousy at keeping up with birthdays for anyone.......

ARK, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! is your driveway gravel going to be your present?
Hope you had a good day.

Now I'm going to sleep, ......
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 1:02 am

Oh ARK............were you the birthday girl today? That makes me feel bad I missed it. I am the WORST at birthdays. As I've gotten older, they mean less and less other than being blessed with another year of good health. I have a friend that starts reminding everyone about 2 weeks early that her birthday is coming. You need to do that next year so we get some sparks and big wishes on the board.

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I hope you had a great day and had a huge cake.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 2:15 am

Thanks, CB and GRAYMARE!
I had a nice birthday. Got rained on, of course, and killed my wheelbarrow in the MUD, but did get a big chocolate cake and dinner out! We bought a new wheelbarrow after dinner.

We had a weird weather day. After being in the low 40s and raining all night and most of Wednesday, it suddenly warmed up to 65° and got sunny in the late afternoon....temporarily. Then the wind started howling and the temps went back down 10 degrees or so. There was a tornado in Virginia in the eastern side, so we missed the worst weather.

Got your phone message, RICK!! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Very Happy

We are going to try to get Kazi to Va Tech tomorrow, for the third time in as many weeks. I hope we can get the trailer out of the mushy driveway. No gravel yet....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2016   February 2016 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2016
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next