Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

April 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:12 am

I've had front door open while weather is nice to get fresh air in, I just didn't realize its so dusty out there which is now coating everything, ack. Time to clean house. Yoshi, bulldog pup has found things to chew we didn't know we had! Our back yard looks like a war zone. He likes playing out there, and is coming along on house breaking pretty good, considering us not being on top of things. He is a sweetheart, just like odie. He will get neutered the end of may. Storms were heavy, but not serious. I wonder if our bodies r having hard time coping with the moisture here. The dust from the road is bad also....everything is green, but we r on a road to the lake, and lots of traffic. Or if we caught this from brother or hospital germs. Bro doesn't like rehab nursing home, but I think he realizes he is really sick finally....well, housework awaits me, and since its to wet to now maybe can con hubby into helping, lol thanks for good thoughts for us. I'm beginning to see light....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Okay, Spring. You can come back now. I don't like the clouds and cold wind and rain.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:00 am

CB, so glad you and Harry are on the upward swing, You are so right, as we age we must consider a lot of things that we hadn't when we were younger and bullet proof! I know I have. Why I am limiting transporting, fostering and pet sitting.

ARK, you amaze me all the time with the progress Aerion and Ivan are making. So proud of you and them! Lori certainly has assisted I know!

GM, so glad the little girl could come play with Rex and get some companionship she misses from Grettel being gone.

Gotta share a funny story with ya'll. One of the Gypsy yearlings, a colt named FLF Full of Surprises, a gorgeous palamino paint color. Barn name is Prize and he has been a smart little handful since birth....... Today James was working him, lunging, walking and trotting in hand, standing square in prep for a halter class this weekend. It was warm, 80ish, Prize got tired, he simply laid down, flat out, like he had fainted................James left him lay and walked out of the arena. Prize sat up, looked around to see if someone was still there to make him work, stood up, shook all over and promptly trotted off.............He got worked some more for his efforts!!!! Scared the bejeebers outa me till I realized Prize was just being a smart little turd!!!!

Gotta love the smart babies!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:28 am

TRUDY, I've had the puter killing days several times! But don't kill it unless you have a replacement, I've made that mistake! What ate the tulips do you think? Hope momma kitty continues to care for the kittens.

Gunner will have his coggins pulled next Tuesday, so it will be another couple of weeks before he comes home. Darnit! His expired in February. But that does give me longer to make the trip to ARK's!

Going to a local small horse show this weekend, so I can see what Prize does/doesn't do!!!! Little heathen! 2 Gypsy fillies will show too but I'm not concerned how they will act.

Robin jumped on and rode Ms. Willow, bareback with halter and leadline the other day, Willow truly loves her and is such a good mare! So happy Robin found her!

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:10 am

As the saying goes "the best laid plans of mice and men". My flag plan has not worked out well, my poor flags were being beat to death by the winds we have been having here in PA. One flag has gone missing, 2 were across the road and barely missed by George and his mad mowing machine. I had to sew the flags onto the garden stakes, so I just decided to bring them in and allow whatever is munching on the tulips to just eat them. I don't want to buy new garden flags; so munch away critters, hope they enjoy the tulips.

And then there were 3. Crying or Very sad I found a dead kitten yesterday. They are one week old and their little eyes are opening. I picked them up one at a time yesterday, there is one little feisty one, it gave me the best I'll eat you hiss.

My ex's brother passed away yesterday. Vince was 65 and ready to retire, dropped over on his porch massive heart attack, and yet Fast Eddie lives on. Go figure..

CB: Sorry you are so sick. When Anthony was in the hospital, I got so sick from going to visit him. So many germs in the hospital. As we get older we do have to look at ours lives in a different way. Like Graymare said we are no longer invincible.

ELLEN: What the heck happened to spring? almost May and the furnace is still running. We have nothing but winds that can knock ya down all week and now rain.

ARK: Great photos of your ride. Ivan sure is turning into the horse of your dreams, Great job with him.

ROSE: My computer seems to be OK since I had to change a bunch of stuff so far it seems fine. I don't trust it though and am being very careful. At least it isn't sending email back to my friends saying I'm not accepting email with words. Go figure...Just one more things to drive me crazy.

I'm off to my Barnabas group at church this morning so gotta get my lesson plan ready.

Have a great day everyone and keep thinking Spring...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Rose, some vets r doing same day coggins here for two dollars more, I was surprised, cuz seems they are far behind in surgery techniques. We have had nice spring weather, no heat here...ac on once, fans at night. Lots of rain and grass is growing fast, good pasture. Have to now soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:16 am

I'm off for the weekend. Haircut and visiting relatives. Everybody have a great weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:32 pm

CB, the vet doing Gunner is an old timey vet, prob not familiar with the same day Coggins idea, but it worked out just fine. He had 2 cancellations this morning so he came out and took Gunners pictures and pulled the Coggins. Results will be back next week and we will shoot for delivery 2 weeks from Saturday.

Anyone who is on Facebook needs to go to my page and see the video of Prize. I'm stll laughing at his antics!

There were 30 horses seized in CT, now being offered at an auction. Gypsy's, Frisians, Andalusian's, unbelievable!!!! Bids and applications need to be in by June. Connecticut Dept of Ag.

ARK, you are saving my life with Zippy's cart and harness, I've been pricing online, geez it's all so expensive! Robin and I are trying to pick a day. I hate to drive very far alone, although I would if she can't go.

ELLEN, have a great weekend, but don't miss the Dega race!

TRUDY, sorry about the tulips, that's shame, flags too, darn wind and tulip monsters! Glad puter is doing better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Seriously gang. T & I took out a tree today............chain sawed it down, dragged to end of driveway, and then soaked and dug around bottom, chained it, and pulled the roots out. then pulled them to the tree lie to be picked up in a couple weeks......................Did I mention we're whooped?

affraid affraid affraid cheers cheers cheers

DONE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:08 am

ELLEN
Have fun this weekend! A photo of your new hairdo would be nice..... Very Happy

CB
I sure hope you and Harry are feeling better. Retirement is supposed to be more fun!!

TRUDY
My sister, Vicki, is into gardening this year. She just planted a bunch of strawberry plants and stuck plastic forks all around the plants to make it hard for the deer to eat them. Somehow I don't see that working too well. My goats would have laughed and ate the strawberries. I am sure the deer won't have any problems either. I am not going to tell her, though. Maybe deer are allergic to plastic forks and it will work! (Hope springs eternal...)

ROSE
We had 20 years of fun with the cart. I hope you do, too! It isn't a show cart, though. It is a knock around and have fun cart. I guess I had better get that harness out and see about the stitching. There is supposed to be a saddle repair guy not too far from here.
I got the report back today on Zippy's blood test for his Cushings disease medicine. He is taking the right amount. He is still a bit shaggy, so the vet thought he needed his medicine increased. We will clip him if he doesn't finish shedding soon. He has been sweaty in the warm temps lately. Poor Zippy was so patient with the vet and vet student trying to take a blood sample. He must have tiny veins. They stuck him multiple times and he never flinched. I am not going to let a student take blood from him again. This has happened before.

GRAYMARE
Good job on the tree! We have a huge maple next to our driveway and in the road right away that is dying. It used to be so pretty. Multiple cars and trucks hitting it have probably hurt it too much. The VDOT people said they would cut it down a year and a half ago because of dead branches falling in the road. It really could be a widow maker. They haven't been back to cut it down yet. The tree is huge and old. Sad...

BEECH
How did the hair cut party go?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com Online
Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:44 am

Oh ARK, no, poor little Zippy should not be subjected to the students again, enough is enough, poor fella! I'm a real hard stick so I tell the vampires ahead of time, "you get 3 sticks, then I'm leaving" and I mean it! Course this usually means they hit the vein in my hand which hurts like hades!

Oh goodness GM, I can only imagine how exhausted you 2 are! Geez, that's a heap of work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Where did April go? Time to start the new thread. Go to:

http://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t56-may-of-2016#7519

or click on BASKET and then May of 2016.

See you there! April is now closed for business..... sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   

Back to top Go down

April 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 50 Horse Friends :: Basket-
Jump to: