Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

April 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:41 am

Well that must have been a surprise! Are you going over to see the mule? We need pix and details and more pix of her happy face! wavy I sure hope it works out well for her.

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower

Happy Birthday, BEECH!!

(Yep, I forgot to post this yesterday... Embarassed ) Hope you had a GREAT one!! You should consider buying a mule..... Very Happy

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:54 am

Yes. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEECH!!! Hope you have a nice day, for sure.........hey, fudge in your area has to be tops in the country. And, chocolate cake, too.
Hope your weather is nice enough for a scooter ride!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:27 pm

Happy Birthday, Beech! Have a wonderful day, and eat lots of fudge, or chocolate cake with ice cream.

I'm sure your friend is ecstatic about Andy's/Frankie's arrival.  I'll bet she didn't sleep all night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:13 pm

ARK, thank you so much for the info on Zippy and the mini's, I'm really looking forward to this, learning to drive and harnessing lessons. I may well get a mini or small pony for driving, if this goes well and I sure hope it does. Please don't sell/give away any of Zippy's driving gear until I try out with Strawberry. You may well have a buyer and another of our very rare visits/chats.

GM, I'm praying that Frankie is all he's advertised to be. Your friend is certainly working hard on her bucket list, achievements, goals! Crossing my fingers for her and am glad she is going to take lessons. That will certainly help her gain knowledge and confidence.

ELLEN, I had forgotten about your kayak being broke and I'm sure hoping the fixer can get it back perfectly and very soon too............case Spring really gets here! As for NASCAR, Junior is still one of my favs, along with several others, and even tho my rememberer fails me, Jeff's replacement in his car has impressed me too. Junior is running both races in TX this weekend. I still watch all races (including truck and esp JH Nemocheck).

BEECH, sure hope you had a wonderful Birthday and that it is finally stopped snowing and getting warmer up there! :dance:

Gotta go.............(((hugs))) for all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Chase Elliot has done really well taking over Jeff's 24 car. There are several other young guys who are pretty impressive. Eric Jones is still in the trucks and Xfinity, but I expect he'll be in with the big boys next year. I like Kyle Larson too; it's only a matter of time before he wins one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:26 pm

That's it, Chase Elliot, thank you Ellen!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:10 pm

Good news, so far, so good w Franky............he's wonderful. They have flagged, tossed tarps, got on & put on slicker, tied, picked up feet, brushed almost to death, etc.................time will tell. He's resting and just showed up and fit right in w barn mates...........

Francis is SO happy.............I've not seen him yet (about 22 mi from here). You guys know the joke: Mule or horse for sale, cheap, good, fast, pick 2 out of 3.
If you want cheap & fast it won't be good, if you want cheap & good, it won't be fast. If you want it fast & good, it won't be cheap.

Everyone have a good evening................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:21 pm

That sounds good. The poor guy had to be tired after three days on the road. I hope he turns out to be everything Francis wants him to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:11 am

ELLEN, I was told he was happy happy to be "home".........not worn or any signs of road fatigue................drank some water, looked around and asked what's next? Of course, I sure don't know. He LOVES people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:51 am

Sounds like a very adaptable guy. Can't wait to hear the next chapter of the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:56 pm

I am a very happy camper this evening. The gal from Fluid Fun called this morning to say that my kayak was ready to be picked up. She sounded pleased. So, I made a run up there to get it. I am VERY happy. Not only is it fixed, there is only a small barely noticeable scar. They did a wonderful job of fixing it, and didn't charge much to do it.
I would recommend that business to anybody interested in kayaks or canoes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:11 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Friend Francis had first riding lesson today, about 40 min. She called to report
she was so tired and sore everywhere. She said "I'm not sure I can do this."
You all know what I said. She left herself wide open. I said "You bet your A$$
you can!!!" She roared and said "oh, since you put it that way, of course I can."
Instructor made her trot..............I have no idea how long but it had to be funny. Francis said 'oh, I had no idea about trotting."

Mules are so incredibly strong..........instructor said you'd never know he's been trailered over 1000 mi............and friend is so happy she is delirious. She ran home, took a shower, ate, and went back out to nap with Frankie in the shade in his stall.........she said she took her "antigravity" lawn chair over............I think this is all so cute. I still don't have a pic. Told her to text a photo.

She has another lesson tomorrow. I'm laughing myself silly as she only thinks she's sore today. I told her she might want to slow down a bit.......... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:12 pm

cheers cheers cheers ELLEN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:25 pm

I forgot..............instructor rode Franky and said he's over the top and true "anyone can ride him".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:59 pm

It is always so much fun to watch another person get so excited and happy about something. Even from this far away, I'm enjoying hearing about Francis and Frankie.
REALLY glad to hear that the mule is all that she wanted him to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:25 pm

So far, Ellen...................two days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Riding lesson tomorrow? ROFL Francis is in for a rude awakening tomorrow morning after today's lesson. hysterical Oh well. It will only get better after this week's pain. We have to have pix!! Francis and Andy sound so cute. I hope he knows he has landed in a soft place. He may be the best thing she ever did. I am so glad he is checking out as advertised. wavy

ELLEN
Hurray for your fixed kayak!! What is it made of, fiberglass or plastic or composite? Now we just need some decent temps and much less wind.

We are under a wind advisory tonight and tomorrow, with some snow coming. That is just all kinds of wicked bad. We will freeze Saturday and be back to 70° on Monday.

Donnie and I went out this afternoon and looked at new vehicles to replace our Saturn, which is a hybrid whose battery will probably eventually have to be replaced after the warrenty runs out. I mean its BIG hybrid battery. So just for fun we went to the Jeep dealer. Donnie wants a diesel. I want blue. We both want enough power to pull my Brenderup trailer in an emergency. We don't want all the silly bells and whistles that jack the price up and aren't really necessary, like a sun roof or suspension that lowers the car when it is parked so you can get in easier (really!). We told the salesman we were just beginning to look, but he was practically salivating at the notion we might buy something. It takes us months to pick out floor tile. This may take awhile...... They only had black and white diesel jeeps. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Ark, it is a really hard thick plastic. It's nearly a quarter of an inch thick. The fiberglass ones are beautiful boats, but really expensive. Those would be easier to repair to a new looking condition.

The weather here has been everything but warm today. Rain, sleet, snow, rain, clouds, and cold all day. My poor tulips seem to be hanging in there, but I sure wish it would warm up so they can bloom safely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:26 am

ARK, have fun car shopping..........have you considered "used"? Saves lots of $.
We loved our JEEP..............we sold it to have the Ranger as we only used it in the mtns......the Ranger is far cheaper to own and buy.............However, the Ranger won't get Donnie to work legally................LOL

Francis called for a minute last night & said "SO TIRED". All I could say was "I bet". Her routine will start settling in. I'm anxious to hear tonight how her lesson goes today..........I'm guessing she'll call tonight to report "almost dead"
or "can't move"............... ROFL ROFL ROFL

I've been so wrapped up in Francis' adventures I've been ignoring my guys.
Best get going while it's cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:43 pm

We have lots of "cool" up here today. It was in the 20s overnight, and we have snow on the ground AGAIN. Where the sun hits it, it has melted, but there is still snow in the shaded areas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Finally here. I couldn't find the right combination.,Lol. Happy belated birthday Beech...where is u. Had a great visit with kids and grands, great weather for Harpers first birthday bash. We had fun with the bulldogger pups and they each have adapted well in their new homes and r getting spoiled. Yoshi loves odie and odie is warming up to him now. Rose sounds good to drive, have fun. GM, your friend is brave, sounds like this mule is special. My made has 11 more rides and then I make THE big decision...to ride or not. Wish me luck. Ellen, glad u got kayak fixed, have fun. Trudy, harry wants a garden but I am convincing him to keep it small...with traveling it will be hard to give it the care it needs. Ark, my friend froze apple slices and they were so good to pull out and munch for a snack. See if this works now...changing phones and learning it is hard....dang smarter than me phone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:31 pm

CB, glad you're back, hope you learn your new phone and love it. I know the brand new phones can do almost anything. I'll bet the kids & pups were a ton of fun. Where's SUNNY? Did she move?

ELLEN, sorry for your snow........... Mad

Addendum: Francis riding lesson canceled. Instructor thought she should wait til Mon or Tue....................Gee, do ya think? LOL So today is a play day on the ground. I'm guessing Francis had all she could do to walk let alone ride........I don't know. Nothing is deterring her enthusiasm, tho. Still happy, happy, happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Welcome home, CB. So glad you had a good time with babies and puppies.

I'll bet poor Francis is so sore she can barely move today. Monday or Tuesday is probably a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:10 pm

GRAYMARE
Is that a Jeep Rover or a Range Rover, or what? I am car illiterate, I just know I want a blue one. We probably will look at used after we decide on a model, we are just feeling them out right now. The best deal on cars we ever got was with our 1990 Chevy Blazer. It was the first one we ever bought brand new. We kept it for 19 years, then traded it in during the Cash For Clunkers program, got a third of its cost back. It was blue.

CB
Welcome back!! Sounds like a fun trip! :dance:

ELLEN
We had snow on the ground this morning and blizzard like snow flurries. It is cold and windy and plain miserable. I want to beat up TRUDY's groundhog.
I wonder how they repaired the thick plastic of your kayak? I know how composites and fiberglass work, but not plastic repairs. I am glad they got it fixed!

ThunderPuff hurt himself somehow overnight. We think he may have had a bump on the head or near his eye. He didn't feel good this morning, which worried us. He was a bit sensitive and squinty. He seems to be feeling better this afternoon. He's our baby, what can I say.... He is having a major PuffNap on my lap right now, so I am pinned to my chair. He climbs on everything high and may have fallen.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:24 pm

ARK, my Ranger is a Polaris Ranger, an off road sport vehicle or farm vehicle, a side by side ATV. The car Ranger is made in Britain and is called Range Rover.........you see them in Africa & Australia, well here in AZ, too.......very very very expensive.

www.polaris.com

Hope TP is better after his nap.....poor baby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Ark, there is something called a "plastic welding" kit. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that there is something in it that partially melts the plastic so that it will gel together.

I don't think I've ever seen a blue Range Rover. The ones I've seen are either white or zebra striped black and white. Tough vehicles.

Did anybody see Songbird race this afternoon? Wow! That filly hardly took a deep breath and won by a LOT. Gary Stevens hand rode all the way, and never had to ask for anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   

Back to top Go down

April 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next