Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

May of 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Sat May 07, 2016 10:06 am

CB
Congrats on new puppy! wavy As an only pup, he will sure get a lot of loving!

ELLEN and BEECH
You ladies are a inspiration, zipping around on your motorcycles! :dance: Have fun now that riding season is here. cheers

We are having a pretty day today, lots of sunshine sunny . Lots to do in that sunshine......
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Sat May 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Nyquist did it today. Can he do it again in two weeks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Sun May 08, 2016 12:15 am

Everyone must be outside today enjoying the weather. Hope you all had fun. New pup and mom are doing great. Yoshi is getting neutered on the 20th, he is already 37 lbs now, growing up fast. We r just sorting things, truly downsizing.
Wanted to wish all moms of two and four legged kids, have a nice day tomorrow, happy moms day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Sun May 08, 2016 7:26 am

Happy Mother's Day to all moms with their 2 or 4 legged kids...

It's still raining here in PA. I'm worried about the potatoes drowning now. Too much rain, the other plants are still on the patio waiting for the rain to stop, maybe some time week after next. It's going to be a late garden this year, good thing we were planning on a smaller garden this year.

You can tell it's spring though, it's my annual fight with the birds who just have to try to make nests on my porch windows. I fooled them this year, I got Bird Spikes, the spikes keep the birds from landing on the window ledges. Now if I could just get George to put them up. He wants to do one window at a time and just see if the birds move over to the next one. MEN!!!! Just put the darn things up. 3 windows done, 2 to go and the big entrance door.

I picked Mor Spirit in the Derby, George had Gun Runner.

CB: Congrats on the new pup. I can't believe you are moving again.

BEECH: You go girl on your bike. What an inspiration you are.

Have a great Sunday everyone..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Sun May 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Trudy, me either....I know once we get things sorted, sold and have a lot less chores we can spend our time fishing, riding bikes, walking dogs talking to people....seeing grand daughters more.....no mowing, painting, fixing and repairing, or barn chores in bad weather....no bigger space to clean....I think we are making right decision, so a few months of busy stuff and then relax.travel when we can. See friends and relatives......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Mon May 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Lots of days of rain, one sunny day, more days of rain.
At least yesterday was nice enough to work outside for a while.

Neighbors have asked me to do a 15 t-shirt embroidery project for them, so I'm using today's rain to get a head start on those. 3 done, 1 working, 11 more to go. Yes, they will insist on paying me for it. I would be happy to do it for them at no charge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Mon May 09, 2016 11:16 pm

Once again, I missed the Derby. Does the winner look any where near as good as American Pharoah?

ELLEN
What is the design for the embroidery? Family reunion?

CB
How is the new baby pup doing?

TRUDY
We haven't done a thing on our proposed garden. We spent most of the weekend mowing. The grass is growing like crazy! Our yard looks temporarily nice, as do the areas around the barn, arena, and around the edges of the lower hayfield. That won't last long.

GRAYMARE
How is Francis and Houston doing? Is she still in love?

I have found a farmsitter for next weekend! wavy Donnie, Ivan, and I are going camping.... affraid I have rented Ivan a paddock. The last time I was at that campground, Ivan had a stall that he just about took apart. That was at least two years ago, maybe three. I hope Ivan has calmed down a bit. They had to repair the stall door and I had to sleep on a cot in front of it to keep Ivan from further damaging the place. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, there will be 8 people, 4 horses, and one dog going. If Donnie gets our gooseneck trailer going, we will sleep in it. If not, we will take the old trailer and sleep in a pop-up tent in the back of the truck. I vote for the gooseneck....

I had a riding lesson on Ivan today.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Mon May 09, 2016 11:38 pm

I wasn't as impressed with Nyquist as I was with American Pharoah, but he's a really nice horse.

My neighbors and 13 members of their family are having a sort of traveling reunion and going on a cruise. They want shirts to commemorate the occasion.

It has rained almost all day. But, in spite of the rain, the guys came today to put in my pier. I haven't been out on it yet, but will when it stops raining. I really want the rain to stop, the sun to come out, and the water to warm up for swimming.

Yes, CB. How is that baby puppy doing?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Tue May 10, 2016 12:36 am

Puppy is growing, dewclaws done....last puppy we will do....sigh....
My cousin Jeff needs prayers and good thoughts...his mom is named after my mom....he had an accident.
Have a blast ark. Sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Tue May 10, 2016 10:02 am

He is still critical in ICU trauma, head injury., induced coma....happened on mothers day, his poor mom.
We get the storage unit so we get to sort and stack, I didn't want to put into spare room in case someone wants to see house.....let the fun begin, I'd rather be riding.,...anything but THIS!
Guess it has to be done, .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Tue May 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Gosh, prayers for Jeff, CB...............huge issues so sure hoping for the best from here.

LOL, Francis and Houston are in their routine now...............ARK, she is busy every day w him...........and he RUNS, literally, to her.

Eli is shedding out nicely and when he's almost totally done, I will take a photo................his color is darker this year.

ARK, have a super time camping.............

BEECH, love it that you wrote to us............glad spring has sprung in NE.
Have FUN scootering.

Derby was fun but missed the actual run.....saw a re run. We were at our daughter's wedding.................second marriage as she is 52. It was a REALLY fun wedding and we ate a lot!!! Boy, we sure tore up the dance floor!
Yeah, right............our disco hips were still hipped, but the disco was comedy night central. Tennesee Waltz was still great. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 12:56 am

Here I am with another late, late nite post!

CB, I surely don't envy you with another move! What will you do with the horses? I'm sure you'll take the pups with you. I do totally understand the need to downsize and have less chores as we age. Glad the new baby is coming along nicely. Will you sell him?

BEECH, you and ELLEN are our Motorcycle Momma's! Just be careful because there are many crazy folks out there pretending they are drivers!

ELLEN, Wow, you are really talented with that embroidery machine! How nice! Hope the rain stops and sun comes out soon so you can enjoy the pier and the lake!

ARK, please have an extra fun time this weekend and yes I did remember you wouldn't be available this weekend, Tis perect because Lori wants to put new tires on the truck before I make that trip.

GN, Can't wait to see Eli's spring coat! Delighted to hear that Frankie and Houston are sure enjoying themselves.

Gunner will arrive here Sunday!!!! I've ordered him a nice halter and a lunge line, forgot to get the Cowboy Magic, darnit............had a whole big bottle but I graciously let the gypsy people borrow and now its all gone!

TTYL, hugs all around
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 12:58 am

dar, shouldn't try to type this late, perect should be perfect and GN is supposed to be GM, maybe I should remember to take the "preview" option more seriously!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 12:37 pm

Rose, selling the lone pup, and I'm finding homes for five doxies, I can't take them all, sniff. Only taking Harry's horse to Jessi's, selling my made, donating tank to boys ranch. Selling goats...I hate giving up my big pack goat...sniff. Its been tough decisions, veerrry hard. It has to be tho, I do not want harry without family around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Aw geez CB, yes, I know it will be really hard to give up so many of your fur friends, but you will ensure they all get good homes and it will make you and Harry's life so much easier!

ARK, GM have either of you heard of African Dream as a grroming aid as opposed to Cowboy Magic? I see a couple of Paso folks are using it on their Paso super thick and long manes and tails?

ARK, if given the option of tent or trailer to sleep in, I'd sure take the trailer! It will be a wonderful time either way as long as Ivan decides to be calm and sweet!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 7:23 pm

CB, gosh, so sorry for your upcoming move, decisions regarding what you're taking, your organizing the whole thing, and the move itself............hard decisions, I'm sure..............prayers for your transitions.

ROSE, I've not heard of African Dream. I use human shampoo & creme rinse on sale............don't tell my horses, they always think they look beautiful............
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Awww, CB. I'm so sorry you are having to do all that. Sooo hard to do. Prayers going up for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 7:07 am

((((((((((((((CB)))))))))))) Big hugs for you and for ((((((((Harry)))))))). It's so hard to have to make those big decisions. It will be OK, you have been thru so much, just another bump in the road for you guys.

Praying for you...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Thanks all. It is rough, I admit, didn't think it would happen this fast, that we are faced with all this. Main thing is to find great homes for my doggies. Weather has been great here, no complaints.
My cousin Jeff will be unhooked from life support tomorrow....sad news. I feel for his mom the most....sigh...she isn't in great health herself. I'm just full of sad stuff here lately....
Stay safe and have a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 9:09 pm

CB, I'm so sorry about your cousin. That's a terrible thing.
I am praying for YOU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Oh, CB, how tragic for your SIL.............prayers for your famely & you & Harry!

hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 1:04 am

CB
I am so sorry about your cousin. Sad How did his accident happen? Very sad.... I am also sorry that your home didn't work out like you hoped. ((((((((CB))))))))

hug

Back to top Go down
Rose

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 1:39 am

CB. so very sorry about Jeff and prayers for his Mom and family! Also so sad you and Harry are going to have to face this big downsize and move, prayers for you two also! You've been through so much!

ARK, you have a ball this weekend, for sure!

More changes here, I'm not bringing Gunner here, I've purchased a 1/2 Gypsy colt, born this past Monday and I know and love both his sire and dam. I've already started bonding with him, Inky, and he is just a sweetheart to love on and handle! Will tell his registered name and post a pic soon. Have to wait till our wandering trail rider comes home! Inky should mature somewhere between 13-14hh. My buddy, James, will help do any breaking necessary but I don't imagine it will be much!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 2:18 am

Rose, that's great, a new baby. Happy for you.
My brother is moving into a senior apartment in Springfield near his one daughter. I'm very happy about that.,.since we will be leaving this area. I can tell you more about Jeff's accident after the investigation. Something is screwy.
Harry got some bad news from his doc. He has. Alzheimer's, he doesn't think we should even travel, but harry is determined....so we will for a bit. I have to have routine tests for my kidneys....if I have to go on dialysis down the road, WS will have to stay put....but am hoping that will be awhile yet, darn diabetes.....so we were forced to make tough decisions.....dwwwat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 2:47 pm

ROSE.............how exciting......we all just want you happy & safe! Can't wait for the pics...............Baby Inky. Oh gads, I love it.

CB. Whew, many decisions ahead but you & Harry will work it all out. You will love being around the grands once you're settled. They will keep you & Harry
on your toes..............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 5:28 pm

CB, Oh Lordy, tough road for you and Harry, you've already overcome so much, will keep you guys in my prayers.

GM, promise I will try to stay safe and healthy! Inky is such a sweet, sweet fellow and since both his sire and dam are such loves, he can't help but be that way. Of course he will go through all the colt stages and he cannot have the big snip till he's developed, but trust me he will have it. Weird though, he's got ink spots (thus his name) and I had no idea, makes him homogeneous and would never sire anything but a colored foal, never a solid! Leave it to me to get a half-breed who would always produce color Rolling Eyes Also, I have a camera being shipped with image stabilization to overcome my functional tremor and take many pictures of my boy (and of course drive ya'll crazy with posting them!! cheers )

My sweet Robin approved of Inky and that's so very important and unexpected because she swore after my accident that I was not ever going to ride again. She knows all the Gypsies and Inky's Pinto dam and she is totally alright with him! A miracle I think sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   

Back to top Go down

May of 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next