Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2012

Go down 
+15
Graymare
Karen E. Teague
silverdancer
Indyapp
sunny 57
WV Witch
Rick Angell
Manygatess
Ol'Man
Santa
Carol W
Eileen
Ellen E
cb
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:12 am

July  2012 Happyindependencedaywq8

:dance: July 2012 :dance:
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 am

Welcome to July!

We had a fast, but nice enough trip to Barboursville, WV, to pick up my sister today. We met with my other sister at a Cracker Barrel there and celebrated her birthday. We got back at 5:30pm this afternoon and discovered our electricity had been turned back on about an hour and a half earlier. ClappingHands We have lights, fans, the ability to cook indoors,hot water, and the computer! cheers Two days without power was quite enough, although we expected to be without it for several more days.

Now please post, everyone, and let's make sure July starts off with a big bang! flower
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:16 am

BANG! I made it! All is quiet here....hubby will be home tomorrow for a few days...we have to get the BEAST ready for him to put his tools in it.

Finally cool enuf to sleep... Sleep Sleep

Glad you have power ARK, I really feel for those folks who don't have any...in the heat wave...wow...

I will HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM....for them all. and also for our firefighters...they need our HUMS also...and we need rain badly to help put these fires out...so if y'all can squeeze one more HUM...it would be appreciated

I love you
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 am

July 2nd. Hard to believe how far into the summer we are. It's gone so fast.

It's been a hot one, for sure. We have at least another week of 90+ weather to go through. Today, we are going to clean and stain my deck. I guess we'll have to swim to cool off (and come into the air conditioned house).

Ark, I'm glad your power is back on. We CAN manage without it, but it sure is nice to have it.
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:20 am

Good MOrning all...yes I made it also. Today is "Canada Day" actually the 1st is the real day but business folks are using Monday as the "day off" It is still hot and heavy today, and will be from what I hear. I have no A/C so I try to keep the house cool by shutting up during the day, drapes pulled, then open it up during the night. It works as long as the heat wave does not last too long at one time. I also have a beautifully cool basement so there are ways of getting away from the heat if you try hard enough.
I still have some loads of hay in the barn that I have to move off of the wagon and into the mow, but that will be another thing to put off till it cools down.
Hope that those with out power are slowly getting it back or at the very least are using the camping equipment to the max. (think Margarita glasses)
Have a good day all
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:14 am

Minnesota is HOT HOT HOT too .... huge dewpoints in the 70s so it is ugly outside. I have to just stay inside and wait it out. I did go out yesterday morning early before dewpoints got WAYYYY up and rode Ice, but that is it for the week. Hope everyone can stay safe and stay reasonably cool and our weather will turn around some.

Ark .. glad you had a nice trip and returned to power on!!!!

Happy July 4th everyone. Once again, we should Thank a Veteran!!!!
Back to top Go down
Santa

Santa

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: THE GREAT DAY HAS ARRIVED   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Sam got the OK from her doctor Thursday and Sunday was off to the barn. Was Starbuck suprised!!!

July  2012 2012-07-01_Sam_&_Starbuck_-_1A
Back to top Go down
http://longhenry.com
Carol W

Carol W

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:01 pm

GREAT news Santa .... Lookin GOOD Sam!!!!! Bet that ride made you feel like you were on top of the world!!!!! ((( )))
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:24 pm

OMGosh Sam, that is the best news a person can get! Good for you, you are lookin' great up there on Starbuck!
I'm so flad for you! Santa keep posting and sending those pics! I love seeing success stories especially when they involve horses and health! YAY!

Hubby is home...sleeping right now.

Last night 3 a.m. the road crew showed up with flashing yellow lights and a this huge arse spot light...you know my animals were going NUTS! even the horses were running and snortin' .....I can't believe they were out there working at that time of the morning! I hope they get everything done and get out of my space! There is red lights now for the traffic on the bridge as thats where they are working..egads...Last night I could see these flashing lights beaconing around my yard...so I went out to see what was going on with Buffy with me and my shotgun...and could see these guys standing around at the ditch bank...and I asked them whey the car was there....and they said they didn't know anyone lived here....ACK...they moved the flasher back to the end of my street which helped some, but it still flashed around in my trees...dogs still barked, but horses calmed down a bit...but then they turned that HUGE light on so they could see...and it lit everything up around it...I was like, Holy Crap! Nothing I could do about it, so I tried to get the dogs to quiet down and threw the horses more hay to keep them quieter...and calm..went back to bed. Can't believe the stuff that happens around here!

Well, guess I'd better b bring my two pups back in from their morning romp outside in their nursery pen...and they come in and its cool in here and they take a long nap and are really good puppies.

Y'all have a good day and may your nights be quiet to sleep!

Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Need your opinion CB   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 pm

There comes a time when a woman just has to trust her husband... for example...
A wife comes home late at night and quietly opens the door to her bedroom.
From under the blanket she sees four legs instead of two. She reaches for a
baseball bat and starts hitting the blanket as hard as she can. Once she's done,
she goes to the kitchen to have a drink.
As she enters, she sees her husband there, reading a magazine.
"Hi Darling", he says, "Your parents have come to visit us, so l let them stay
in our bedroom. Did you say ‘hello’?”
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 pm

We l, ya gave Harry a chuckle Gene! Boy in this heat my keys are sticking badly...sorry

Hot! whewwwwwie...

Had a nice long lunch with Larry and then we took Maggie to see if the smaller jack can reach her....its still in uestio....he's trying tho...we'll see....

am sitting under the fan...ahhhhhhh...I feel for those folks who do not have AC right now or power...I truly do.

We also stopped to see Reno, she had her radical Masectomy three days ago...she's doing well, and I HUM the doc got all that dang cancer....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 pm

MR.& MRS. SANTA:
Looking wonderfully happy up there on that pretty horse! wavy It's great to see you feeling better and getting to ride Starbuck again!!

CB:
Big hums for Reno. I hope they keep her pain free, too.

OL'MAN:
ROFL I had not heard that one before! How are you and Virginia?

RICK:
I got your photos, but have had problems staying online long enough to get them downloaded and posted. Will keep trying. I don't know if the power structure is giving our internet connections problems or its just our computer....Very cute photos!

EILEEN:
Happy Canada Day! Hope you had a fun day!

We had to take my sister to an urgent care place this morning, she has something going on with either salivary glands or lymph nodes and is having problems with swelling and being able to eat. The doctor gave her antibiotics. Sure hope it works!

This afternoon we spent 3 1/2 hours washing Kazi, Trinket and Zippy. They are so clean they squeak. We put them into clean stalls and hope to find them spotless in the morning when we will paint colorful spots on them. We are going to an earlier parade in Dublin instead of Blacksburg because of the heat in the afternoon. It has been over 90 degrees everyday. The parade line-up is at 10 a.m. with the parade at 11 a.m. Should be a little cooler than a 2 pm parade.....I hope.

Hope everyone has a Happy 4th!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: RICK's Pix !   July  2012 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Here are RICK and his grandson, Cameron! :dance:

Just click on the image name to enlarge on your computer.

Attachments
July  2012 AttachmentGrandpaGrandsona.jpg
Rick and Cameron
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(15 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
July  2012 AttachmentGrandpaGrandson2.jpeg
(29 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
July  2012 AttachmentGrandpaGrandson3.jpeg
(33 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
July  2012 AttachmentGrandpaGrandson4.jpeg
(35 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
July  2012 AttachmentGrandpaGrandson5.jpeg
(36 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:10 am

Happy Independence Day everyone....Have a safe and happy day of celebration.

Ann/Sam is home from the hospital. The surgery went well. She had 7 herniated disks. 3 the doctor fused and 4 he rebuilt. WOW that was a big time shocker to her. Here is her address if anyone would like to send her a get well card. Ann Kaser 1974 N. Heitter Road Freeport IL, 61032 I'm sure she would appericate any little cards, she won't be on the computer for awhile.

Not much going on here in PA. We are having a small cookout with daughter Amy & her family this afternoon. We don't do fireworks. They can bring on a PTST attack in a heartbeat.

CB: Big prayers for Reno.

RICK: WOW that little guy sure has grown up.

ARK: Prayers for you sister. Have fun at the parade. Hope it isn't too darn hot for you and the horses.

SANTA: WOW what a great picture of Sam & Starbuck.

A big thanks to all the service men and women for keeping us free. Freedom is not free....

Have a great day everyone.

Love & prayes to all
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 am

Happy 4th of July!....

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ,
AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS,
ONE NATION UNDER GOD,
INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

For All of our military personnel, whereever they may be -
Please Support all of the troops defending our Country.
And God Bless our Military who are protecting our Country for our Freedom.
Thanks To them, and their sacrifices we can celebrate the 4th of July

We must never forget who
Gets the credit for the freedoms we have, for which we should be
Eternally grateful..

I watched the flag
Pass by one day,
It fluttered in the breeze.

A young Marine
Saluted it,
And then he stood at ease..

I looked at
Him in uniform
So young, so tall, so proud,
With hair cut square
And eyes alert
He'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought how many men
Like him
Had fallen through the years.
How many died on foreign
Soil
How many mothers' tears?

How many pilots' planes
Shot down?
How many died at sea
How many foxholes were soldiers'
Graves ?

No, freedom isn't free

I heard the sound of Taps
One night,
When everything was still,
I listened to the bugler
Play
And felt a sudden chill.

I wondered just how many times
That Taps had meant 'Amen,'

When a flag had draped the
Coffin.
Of a brother or a friend.

I thought of all the
Children,
Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and
Husbands
With interrupted lives.

I Thought about a graveyard
At the bottom of the sea

Of unmarked graves in
Arlington .
No, freedom isn't free.

Enjoy Your Freedom
and God Bless Our Troops

When
You receive this, please stop for a moment
And say a
Prayer for our servicemen.

Of all the gifts you could give
A US Soldier, Prayer is the very best
One.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:57 am

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Boy is it hot here...had a big T&L storm yesterday, we got a nice rain and some wind but others who really have been hurting for rain for the past few months had rain and then the wind and hail to boot...not good, crops are toast in some areas...what a shame.
The storm did not cool things down at all, in fact I think that they are expecting higher temps than yesterday in spite of the rain fall. eeeeesh
I am running errands today, did some painting in the house this morning before it got too hot but had to put down the brush to do some running and get some serious A/C time while here.
Rick loved the pics of gr son and yourself, aren't kids fun at times lol and then they grow up.
Have a great July 4 y'all and stay safe.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Trudy, thank you for posting that....

its' warm today but bearable...I'm just hoping everyone keeps their fireworks under control and safe

Have a fun but safe day y'all.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 am

This is a test. Just learning how to attach pics.
Attachments
July  2012 AttachmentCam Cowboy.jpg
Cowboy Cameron
(33 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 am

Happy July 4th!

We did the parade....a hot time was had by all! Laughing

We were very busy all day and part of
yesterday. We washed Kazi, Zippy and Trinket within an inch of their lives yesterday and then this morning we painted pokadots all over them. We had them dressed as Madagascar 3 circus ponies and we wore matching wigs....:-)...We hid behind sunglasses so no one knew who we were, Laughing .

We did the Dublin parade instead of the Blacksburg one because of the heat. The Dublin parade was in the morning and it was a little cooler than it would have been for the 2 p.m. parade in Blacksburg. We were wedged between the antique cars and the emergency vehicles. Dublin really does have the noisiest parades. We got lots of positive feedback for our decorations and had a very nice time marching in the parade.

We got home just after noon and released our parade participants into the field. They were very happy to get home!

July  2012 Dianepaintingkazi.th July  2012 Pokadotponies.th July  2012 Anniedonniediane.th July  2012 Kazistrut.th
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 am

Paint?? PAINT!! SNOOP thought it was a new version of Appaloosa horses!!

Glad you all had fun.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 am

Cute Kid pictures Rick ... he sure is growing!!!!! What fun you will have with him.

Ark .... what fun ... glad you got to go to the parade ... can see Kazi was glad to get home. Looks like she is saying .... "NUFF of that silly stuff!!!" LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Whew! It's all quiet here now. The troops arrived last Friday and Saturday, then started leaving on Sunday and Tuesday, and the last of them an hour ago. They cleaned and stained my deck, did my laundry along with theirs, paid for some of my meals when we ate out. I was like the North Wind princess.
They are great 'guests', but I'm not sure if I can call them guests because they all take care of themselves, and we all have a good time.
So, back to normal life again, except for the current heat wave we are having. It's been over 90, and near 100 for the last 10 days, with at least 3 more days of it to come.
Graymare is sure in the right place to have comfortable summer temperatures.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Due to a breakdown in communications, Rick and I are in Florence / Darlington, SC overnight. We just had a nice time visiting with Rose / WVWitch. I don't know why she calls herself "witch", she's just as sweet as ever!!

Love to all...SNOOP...the 18-wheeler guy
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Seems everyone is affected by this strange weather we are having. It has been hellish hot here of late, but thankfully we have had some T&L storms blow through and bring rain with it..so for a few hours it cools down some but only to fly right back up again. To day as well as tomorrow are going to be doozies...I am running in the morning to try and get things done and back home before the big heat is on us. I find that the Library is a cool place to be and do the cmomputing as my dial up devise at home is not working. Don't know what is wrong with it but if I remember correctly it was during an electrical storm that it concked out on me. I will get in touch with the company who makes it to see if that would happen as nothing else was hurt in or around the house. I know that other computers with out this devise can dial up...and yet I can use my computer in the library as I am doing now...very strange.
Stay cool guys, this too shall pass, watch, in a few months we will be complaining about the cold and ice and snow...well at least I will be no doubt. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

July  2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2012   July  2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2012
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next