Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

September 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi. Rainy most of the day.....now fog as temp is 50.

ARK..............oooooo, a pretty brand new truck. You will love it.
Ivan & Aeriol will look great in it.

ROSE.......so great to read your news...........so now do you have 2 horses.........LOL, our love of horses just doesn't leave. I simply can't keep 3 horses fit and a shame to let a good horse with training at the level Faith is to just be a pasture ornament. Her new herd & family love her to pieces............so far so good. I have first right of refusal on her. We're always glad to hear from you and know you're OK. Can't wait to see a pic............

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/embed/hC3VTgIPoGU?rel=0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:10 pm

WOW! Graymare, that's all I can say to that video. WOW!

Oooo. A new truck! Niiiice.

My neighbor likes to sing and sings in his church choir. As part of that, he was asked to participate in a big celebration for Indiana's 200th birthday. There were a thousand singers and orchestra members in an arena that is designed for 2800 people. The entire arena floor was FILLED with choirs and orchestra. The choirs were local adult groups, and several area junior high and high school choirs. The coordination of getting that many kids and all the different groups was fantastic. Everybody was in the right place at the right time.
Indiana composers provided the music. Hoagy Carmichael for one. Cole Porter for another.
It was a really nice evening and I'm glad my neighbors invited me to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:01 am

ROSE
Congrats on your second horse! wavy (They are like potato chips or cats, you can't have just one! ROFL ) He is very pretty! I am not on my computer, but will try to snag the pix tomorrow and post them.

ELLEN
I bet that was quite a concert! I am glad you got to go. Happy Birthday Indiana!

GRAYMARE
It is hard riding more than one horse. I count Kazi and Daisy as retired, but riding Ivan and Areion enough is difficult. It's a good difficult, though. I feel very fortunate to have such nice horses, but my energy levels are sure not what they used to be before I got sick four years ago. I suspect Ivan and Areion enjoy their leisure, Laughing .

CB
Well darn. The credit union can't write the check for our truck until Monday....something about it being the end of their fiscal year. So we can't get the truck until Monday. It arrived from Pennsylvania today. Donnie visited it. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:10 am

Oh ELLEN, that sounds like a wonderful time, love those composers and choirs and orchestras. Bet it was a fantastic show.
GM, I will have to ask ARK to kindly post Cross's pic. I have a million of my Inky, watching every phase of his growth and development. Just really need to find an easy way to post the pics here. I'll be getting a lot of Cross now also. And Yes, now I have 2 boys. I only bought Cross a couple weeks ago. He is also an investment, I can double or more what I paid for him as a trained Gypsy gelding. He has all the Gypsy cob assets and the size many want. James is training him and both him and Inky will be shown in a couple halter classes in a month or so. Also, at 70 now, I don't want to wait another 2 years to get back in the saddle and Cross is the perfect calm boy for me to get back on. Besides both James and Robin will be riding him before I am allowed in the saddle, something about my daughter that says she cannot go through another Mom accident..........neither can I pale
I've started back pet sitting again, nice slow and easy I will say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:27 am

Well darn ARK, gotta wait till Monday to get the new truck! Can't wait till you drive and report on it.
Actually when Nikki brought Cross back I felt so bad for him and Nikki, she really is careful and selecting when she breeds and Cross looked awful, wormy, shots not updated, very poor quality food and he was thin. He was such a beautiful boy till the woman bought him last September. And then he came back the first of August, scared to death of men with a whip..............he had been such a loving and sweet colt, it was sad. Robin and I both spent time with him, handling, loving, brushing, when he was even frightened to be led. He melted with love and attention and being praised and started learning to drive. He now comes right up to get his attention. Very Happy Hopefully I won't spoil him as much as Stinky Inky! In all fairness though, everyone at the barn spoils Inky, he's so darn sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:30 am

WOW it's the last day of September already. Where does the time go? It's been raining here for 2 days. YEAH we need the rain so badly and are happy to get it but it's the Bloomsburg Fair week and there are a lot of people not so happy about the rain. It always rains for the fair.

ARK: Congrats on the new truck. You will love it. Our has actually left the garage a few times but not in the rain, it might melt. LOL I had a chance to drive it the other day when George had a low sugar attack. Not that I want him to have any attacks, but it was fun driving the new truck.

ROSE: Congrats on getting another horse. You'll be a busy person once both of your boys are ride able. That is so sad about the treatment Cross received at the other owners. Some people should not have any animals.
Yes, our "retirement" is anything but what we thought it would be, but it's all good. Gotta keep busy and stay healthy as possible.

ELEN: WOW I bet that choir was amazing to hear. What a great experience that had to be.

The ladies in my little church group threw a surprise birthday party for me yesterday at our meeting. Everyone was bringing in food and I was like "did I miss the notice to bring something to the meeting, I only brought mints?" Then Dee announced it was my birthday party, she had a candle that played Happy Birthday. What a surprise!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:58 am

TRUDY, my plans are to ride one of the boys and drive the other, depending on the riding comfort. Yes, it will certainly keep me busy with both. Retirement is not for the lazy folks, that's for sure.
I can't wait for ARK to show the pics of Cross! He is all Gypsy Vanner. And yes, to think the previous owners would have ruined such a good boy just tears my heart out and to see him so relaxed and pliable now is wonderful. He is now like the others and hurries to greet everyone, his confidence is back! He was the friendliest and sweetest foal at the barn last year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Well, phooey ARK...........poor DONNIE, what a let down.......
Monday will come but it's now worse than being a little kid waiting for Christmas.

We're all excited for the pictures of the truck and Cross & Inky.
Ha, ROSE, you made me laugh.......Stinky Inky.

ELLEN. your concert sounded nice, for sure. Glad you had fun.

TRUDY, belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your gals made it really cute, for sure. I love surprises.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Rose's New Gelding   Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:38 pm

ROSE's New Gelding!

Due to life circumstances, this beautiful boy is being offered for sale. FLF Cross My Heart is a black and white yearling colt (dob. April 29, 2015) with one blue eye that is estimated to finish at 15hh at least. He is GVHS registered, full stud book. He is PSSM negative through parentage.

Sire: FLF Black Tie Affair (13.3hh) - (GG Mojo X Teaghan)
Dam: Kastle Rock's Isabella (15.2hh) - (Dazzle Dance X Shimmy of Kastle Rock)

Finn comes from nice lines that include: Cushti Bok, Shampoo Girl, and Sid's Good Stallion to name a few. He stands for the farrier, baths, shots, and body clipping. He is UTD on shots, coggins, and deworming. Finn has been handled since birth and was always the barn favorite. He trailers like a champ. He is such a sweet and loving boy. He has straight silky feather that covers his large hooves. He has started ground driving and seems to really enjoy it. Finn has gorgeous forward movement and would make a wonderful show prospect!

wavy wavy

Back to top Go down
Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:25 am

hug ARK, thank you so much!!!! :dance: For getting Cross's pics here. This celebration is because I got to trail ride tonight, for the first time since the accident. :dance: I was oh so comfy, in my Wintec saddle (bought several months ago,) riding the best natured and sweetest Gypsy mare ever. Missy took very good care of me and I'm convinced more then ever that the Gypsy breed is the way to go!!! She got several p'mints when the ride was over! Cannot wait to ride again! Nikki go pro'd the entire ride live online, because my daughter and Grandson were a little freaked out! Gotta say, I was a wee bit nervous about going for a ride but Nikki and James were right with me every minute and I know Missy very well, was worried whether I'd still have good posture, hands, riding skills. Evidently those don't go away, thankfully! ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:23 am

ROSE: wavy :dance: ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands I'm so happy for you, that first ride after an accident is a nail biter. Wayyyyyyy to go girl...How beautiful that colt is. WOW...I have always loved those black and white painted horses no matter what breed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:13 am

Rose, I'm so glad you got to ride again! That makes me happy. Enjoy your two babies!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 pm

ROSE
Cross really is a pretty guy! cheers Congrats on conquering that first ride after a long break!! (and a terrible fall).... wavy That really is a hard thing to get over and lots of folks never do. Good for you!! You did it!

We visited our new truck last night Laughing . I test drove it and really like it. It drives like my old Blazer which I had for 19 years. I hope this one lasts that long....

It's time to change the thread. Can you believe it is already October? It is cooler here, but still green and the leaves haven't turned much yet. One good frost and that will all change fast. Go to: Basket and click on Ocotober 2016 or just click here:

http://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t61-october-2016

September 2016 is now closed for business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   

Back to top Go down

September 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5