Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

September 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:30 am

I think if I couldn't find a home I liked, I would try a rescue. We all dB o the best we can vuz we care. The trainer that rode.daisy would like to buy her, he liked her alot.....but I'm still wavering....I feel like a Lil tree being blown different directions....
Hubby got his oars, anchor, life vests for the boat and a small trolling motor. He's all set now. He is doing some.remodeling work and fixing on both campers. We have put the spaceship camper up for sale, had a look see on house yesterday.....
We went to a new tack store and the facade on outside was fancy and looked huge, went inside and is only 30 feet wide and about 90 feet long, over half clothes, very little tack....made us both say *what*. The fake wall on outside that made it looked bigger was a roofed she'd with feed storage. Disappointed, but we did find a girth and western bridle for naynay. She came with an English bridle

Ark, wish we could watch your dressage show, good luck and have fun.

Beech, did you know they make a 3 wheeled ruckus....we really liked it. I like the idea of having more stability.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:35 am

GRAYMARE: I was surprised at your decision to sell Faith, but you know she is in a wonderful place where she will be loved and taken care of. It's always a tough decision to make.

As we are getting older there are a lot of very difficult decision that have to be made and then lived with. It broke my heart to give Mack away but when Rick called and said he was looking for a nice horse for his girls I knew that was the perfect place for him to go. They send me photos of him once in awhile and I know the girls and Rick's dad love him and he is treated like family. When the time comes they will bury him there on the farm.

ARK: I keep looking at the photo with Tonto in, he looks so much like Maxxie it takes me back to all the fun trail rides with my best friend.

I actually stayed on the farm all day yesterday. I needed a rest from dashing around. Ace was very happy to see Dad leave and me stay home with him. He had me all to himself for awhile. What a spoiled big baby dog he is.

Getting ready for our big church 40 day fast before the election. I'm eating as much chocolate and drinking as much of sweet tea and soda pop as I can before Tuesday gets here. I give up my favorite things for a fast, I added Oreos to my list this time. It's going to be a long 40 days. LOL My sweet tooth is already crying. affraid

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. God bless and keep us all safe in this crazy mixed up world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi all,

Whoever it was who asked for a little excitement around here, please be more specific next time. Friday evening Bill had a heart attack. As heart attacks go, it was very mild. He had unusual pain in his left arm and a little tightness in his chest. As he has A-fib, when it continued for more than a few minutes we took off for the ER. They confirmed he was experiencing a heart attack... and then it quit. He's been in the hospital ever since being monitored while they try to thicken his blood as he is on warafin. This morning they decided they needed to do his cath procedure so here I am waiting. Doc just came out and he has at least three major blockages ranging from 70 - 90%. So he is on his way back to his room and they will schedule by-pass surgery later this week.

Oh, and Monster is improving. He had a second laser therapy treatment on Friday and his Doc is due out Monday at noon.

I'll keep you posted as I can. Please keep both Bill and Monster in your prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Wow, Indy! You've had enough excitement for while. I do pray that both Bill and Monster will be fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:22 pm

INDYAPP
Thank goodness you acted quickly! It is amazing what they can do for so many people with their heart issues. I bet Bill will be better than ever soon..... (((((Bill))))) .... I am sure glad to hear Monster is getting better. sunny

GRAYMARE
I am glad you found such a good home for Faith. How are the two boys doing? Are you riding them yet this fall?

I rode Ivan today while Donnie worked on Daisy's feet. Ivan was very cooperative and was doing great. We walked and trotted for about a half hour. He started snorting and a few minutes later I discovered he was bleeding from his left nostril! affraid We weren't working hard and I don't know what caused it. I got right off and blotted the blood and waited to see if it was going to stop. It did. He may have been poked with a stick in his hay. At any rate, it stopped.

I have a friend whose horse did this. She took it to the vet school, who ran every conceivable test on the horse trying to figure out why it was bleeding. It was in isolation for awhile. $2500 later, there was nothing conclusive and they decided the horse had poked a stick up its nose. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:55 pm

Indy, I didn't mean for someone to have all that ki n
d of excitement!
Hope everything goes well, and good thing he went in to get checked.
I scrubbed the back porch and back side of the house ...going to paint the porch. Work is never done....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:14 am

Honestly, sometimes when it rains it really pours. Prayers INDY as you & BILL travel this path.......soon, he will be feeling better. It's really fortunate you paid attention to his L arm pain.

I was glad to read Monster is progressing.

Prayers continuing from here INDY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:03 pm

We left a few fleas at the market in Shipshewana. But, we also brought a few of them home. The bulk food store was willing to part with a few items in exchange for some folding money. The department store had some felt I needed.

It's been a gorgeous fall day, high 60s, bright sunny sky, although the wind feels a little too cool.
Now, I'm off to stay with the girls for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Well Ivan's nose never started bleeding again, so hopefully it was just a recent poke in the nose and is healing up. Areion's fetlock is still not quite healed up, so gets slathered with antibiotics everyday. Daisy isn't limping, although Donnie found what looked like an abscess cavity in her bad foot, so that may have been her issue a few months ago. We thought she was having a laminitis attack at the time. Kazi is feeling and looking great. Zippy moves a little slower these days, he turned 26 on the 12th, so has a good excuse. Trinket and Cactus Jack are doing very well, no issues with either of them. And that's the equine news from here! Laughing

I just got home from lunch with a horsey friend while Donnie is home today and tomorrow working on his dissertation. He says the light at the end of that tunnel is getting very bright! He is now meeting with his advisor every week, polishing things. sunny This afternoon, we are taking our car in to see what the dealer may give us for it if we buy a vehicle from them.

Things are moving right along...... :dance:
Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:33 am

Ellen, I love flea markets, looking at all the crafty craft items, love yard sales, love auctions.....I will miss the auctions here a lot. To me it's fun, and I love to people watch, and see the animals and different poultry....
There is a lot to do, and we pack our cooler as food is spendy at all auctions.....we just enjoy them.
Ark, glad I vans nose is ok. Hope Donnie gets it done so he can relax a bit....he will be happy.
Indy, hope all is well.
Beech. Did u see where I posted about the e wheel ruckus scooter....I liked the looks of it. It's low to the ground also.
I may be off for a few days....but I'll be back.
Sweet dreams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:21 am

CB, Suzuki has a "training wheel" unit that can be attached to the Burgmans, like mine. I think some of the other companies have similar things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:58 pm

There were several models that were three wheels like the motorcycles, that have 3, but the ruckus has a different look and was.the lowest.to the ground for short legs. I like the idea of the 3 wheels for my balance. For us tootin around town it would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:17 pm

CB, take a look at the three-wheeled Can-Am. The front wheels tilt/lean like a motorcycle. The single wheel is in back with two wheels in front. To me, they look kind of funny, but the guy at they cycle shop says they are fun to ride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:35 pm

They seem too high for me...the 3 wheel ruckus is short. Not much body materials, bare bones, and more within my budget, but we r only looking at them now. Checking them all out? Definitely looking at scooters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Hey CB, SUNNY might know a lot about scooters. I think she looked and tried a lot of them, not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:28 pm

Not there yet graymare...lol.....sunny got a motorized scooter chair similar to those at walmart, I'm looking for.a motor scooter like beech and Ellen have, the zoom zoom kind.
Goes about 55 on the hwy.....my belly is laffin inside.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:32 pm

GOOOOOO, CB!!! I have a small bright red scooter that I can buzz to the store etc..........not big, so I don't go on big highways.
Hey, it's a Harley, right? cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:58 pm

Nope, not that zoom zoom...lol
Its a ruckus....Beech has a ruckus, kind of looks a ww2 motorbike but different....but we r.only looking....150 cc tho so we.can drive it on hwy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:09 pm

CB, in my opinion, you do want something that will go highway speeds. To me, the smaller ones that have a top speed of about 30-35, are dangerous. They can't keep up with traffic and sometimes get pushed off the road when somebody tries to pass them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:38 pm

I agree. I can travel streets in San angelo, and stay off major hwy, but if I want to ride it other places, it needs to have some speed. Still looking stage, have to sell house first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:50 pm

You folks are braver than me! No motorcycles or scooters for me. Traffic is too crazy around here, I want an armored vehicle around me! Laughing I don't mind riding my crazy Arab, though.....

We are trading our car in Friday for a Colorado diesel truck. I test drove a bright orange one yesterday, it was fun to drive. It did look like a pumpkin with wheels, though. Ours will be blue. It is smaller than the Sierra truck we have, but is actually stronger because of the diesel engine. This is Donnie's graduation/retirement vehicle. He plans on retiring in 3 years, so we plan on having it paid off by then. Rolling Eyes Beans for dinner for the next 3 years! hysterical

Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:35 am

I agree. I can travel streets in San angelo, and stay off major hwy, but if I want to ride it other places, it needs to have some speed. Still looking stage, have to sell house first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:57 am

Ark, congrats on ur new truck. I love ours, knock on wood, dependibility, don't like the payment tho. With us wanting to travel tho, it's nice to have that warranty. Enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Oh goodness GM, you sold Faith, swear I would never have guessed that, ever!  At least you know she will be loved and taken care of for the rest of her life and that's wonderful and you still have the boys, for your horsey fix!  
Indy, many prayers for Bill, he should make a remarkable recovery with those blockages cleared.  Hope Mr. Monster continues to heal.  Eyes are wicked to deal with in horses.  CB, hope you sell the house pdq and get to enjoy the new camper!  Don't give up completely on riding yet esp if your mare is quiet and calm.  But trust me I do, more then anyone can imagine, understand being leary, we just don't heal as quickly and completely anymore.  ARK, so proud of your horses, they are doing remarkable and you are getting to enjoy them so much after all the hard work you have put in them and I totally agree on pursuing registration, it does make a difference if, God forbid, they have to be rehomed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:47 pm

TRUDY, your retirement is making me tired!  Take it a little easier woman, after all you retired to take life a little easier huh?
ARK, forgot to say congrats on the new truck!  You'll love it!  And about the ramp on the trailer, I forget what kind of coating is on ours but so far no slipping.  
Now my latest foolishness/accomplishment/gift to myself!!!!  Inky is developing so very nicely, he leads very well and is becoming puppy dog friendly and loves everyone, still will have to wait 2 more years before he can be ridden or driven (darn impatient me), however Nikki had to repossess a yearling registered Gypsy stallion (who will be gelded the moment both testicles have descended.  FLF Cross My Heart, Cross to his friends, has not been treated or trained very well at all, by the family who bought him.  It has taken James and Robin over a month to convince him that he won't be struck with the lunge whip every time he is not quick enough to learn or makes a mistake.  He is 14.2 as a little over a yearling (Apr 29, 2015), super thick bone and lots of hair!  Anyone wanta guess who owns him now??? cheers cheers  The calmest horse ever and he's already driving and has been ponied on trails, ain't no spook in that boy.  A tractor trailer truck whizzed by him on the roadside.  Cross froze and just looked at it.  I can sit that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi. Rainy most of the day.....now fog as temp is 50.

ARK..............oooooo, a pretty brand new truck. You will love it.
Ivan & Aeriol will look great in it.

ROSE.......so great to read your news...........so now do you have 2 horses.........LOL, our love of horses just doesn't leave. I simply can't keep 3 horses fit and a shame to let a good horse with training at the level Faith is to just be a pasture ornament. Her new herd & family love her to pieces............so far so good. I have first right of refusal on her. We're always glad to hear from you and know you're OK. Can't wait to see a pic............

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2016   

Back to top Go down

September 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 50 Horse Friends :: Basket-
Jump to: