Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

October 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Hey. Great job Nancy.........You will get there.

Nice morning here. Sloooooow. Birds are singing, horses still munching, had homemade coffee cake...............

A good start to Saturday..............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Oh, ARK...........that ad that has grabbed Horsefriends must be a scare tactic ad as my computer is clear. However, it grabs on when I try to open the site and can't open............I then go to "post a reply", open that, and read.............

That happens about every 5 times or so and I can't find out how to block it...........keeps me on my toes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:31 pm

I've gotten that message a couple of times. I just close out of the internet completely and start over. It goes away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks for the Attagirl, Graymare...

It is so nice to be able to picture you and Ellen at your homes, doing your thing... also Ark and Donnie.

(Seeing as I have been fortunate to have visited you all at home) oh, and Indy App too, briefly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Well. We'll now I feel slighted NL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Oh! CB, because I didn't mention you as having visited you at your place? But we didn't...we tried, but you weren't home when we drove through your area. I always regretted that chance was missed. You were out on the road with hubby that time. I wish we had the chance to meet.

However, I do imagine you at your place...when I know where you are...LOL I just know it's a figment of my imagination.

Please tell me my mind isn't going like Mom's, and that we haven't met (yet).No slight intended!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:47 pm

You want me to remember....hah, you.jest,.right? Lol
My rememberer has gone south as have other body parts....ahhhh well.
Right now am in missouri loading last vestiges.of our two years stay......then to Texas with our camper. Y'all hum that this one makes it in one piece, pleeeeeeeze, tyia.
We sold our Lil spaceship today, demolished the truck camper, so this one will be our nomad camper for now. Oboy, wish us luck......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:17 pm

NANCY LEE
It is so good to see you here!! wavy Moving is such a pain, as CB certainly knows. I still have things in boxes from our move here... Rolling Eyes . But I am getting rid of things lately. I hope your move goes smoothly!

Donnie found the leak in the underground water line to the barn today!!! :dance: He fixed it and our water bill, and my aggravation, will be drastically reduced! ClappingHands Three different metal detectors couldn't find it, so Donnie made some kind of magic device that could detect an electronic signal off the power line running along the water line, then put the signal onto the power line. It worked and he found the junction where he suspected the leak was. He uncovered it, turned the water on, and water sprayed 20 feet into the air. The leak! It is now fixed. Very Happy

Ivan and I are going to Pandapas Pond Park to ride with the friend I had lunch with last week. It is going to be sunny and 80°… Should be fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rose

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:43 pm

ARK, those pics are deceiving........Cross is 14.2 at 18 months. And he is built like a Cobb (draft) with dishpan feet. His feathers cover his feet pretty much, but nothing hides that super Gypsy Vanner calm and gentle nature, for which I am eternally grateful. I am not sure I would ever have sat on another horse if I hadn't gotten to know the Gypsies! I know other breeds can be and are gentle but I was so badly hurt, I just couldn't do it.

NANCY, I am so delighted that you checked in!!!!! Happy that you are still recording, one day I want to get some of your recordings. I've only heard you sing one time, way back when we were still on another site. So happy your family is doing well, you, Jim, Bardi and your Mom! I definitely do not envy your prep for moving! Not one bit!

GM, Insurance took very good care of my damages, including finding some shingles blown off that I didn't even know about. Tom Jackson, the adjuster, is a perfect person for this type work, prompt, polite, thorough and personable and made friends with the dogs (always a way to soften me up, LOL)

ELLEN, sure hope Martinsville has better results for us! I'm still pet sitting the 12 in Marion County so hope I get to watch. I finish up the morning of the 6th for this time and will get a nice break. Course there's the last show of the season on the 5th, an hour and a half away. Hopefully I'll get to see some of it.

Oh btw GM, got any suggestions for a round skirted western saddle (synthetic)? Cross is short backed (it's a child's saddle on him in the pics) and Inky will probably be also.

Guess I'd better close this book for now..........hugs all around Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:53 am

Thanks, ARK and ROSE! Good to read what you are doing.

ARK, that Donnie is a genius, isn't he? Glad the leak was found and your water bill will be reduced. Whew!

ROSE, love the pics of your Vanners. Glad you have found a horse that suits you.

I will post a site that I think has a song on it... or maybe that is the one you heard. Love Goes On?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:28 am

Okay,...    https://www.reverbnation.com/otoole/songs

ROSE, use that link, at the bottom of Mike O'Toole's songs on the page, the bottom song is "Nancy Lee sings Love Goes On"  Click and there we are.  One of Mike's songs that I recorded for him.

I am working on some that I have on my iTunes files but can't figure out how to share them.  Ah well, eventually I will have them finished and can send hard copies or share somehow.  They still need some refining!

Hope you enjoy

Last edited by NancyLee on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:20 am

Hi guys...We are still recuperating from the Trunk or Treat at church on Friday night. WHEW probably about 800 kids went through the line. All the set up and tear down and then put the things away wears two old folks out. We had help to set up and tear down but putting away is the hardest part. Whose bright idea was it to do a Veteran display this year? Oh yeah mine...The Noah's Ark was so much easier. Stuffed animals are so much easier to deal with than giant flags flapping in the breeze or howling wind..It was cold too. The twins who always help us hand out the goodies showed up and brought their brother this year, we had lots of helpers to hand out the candy. It was fun and a treat for us to see all the little kids showing off their costumes.

The twins were teasing me with the chocolate candy, knowing I gave that up for our 40 day fast. It was hard handing out all that chocolate and not being able to eat even one tiny Almond Joy or Kit Kat..Oh well, only 7 more days and then I'll eat myself into a chocolate coma. LOL I stashed a couple Almond Joys for Nov 6 at 3 AM. bounce

CB: Praying for your move to be a smooth one without any problems along the way.

ROSE: Love those Gypsy horses, they are just what you needed after your bad experience.

ARK: How bout that hubby of yours? He is way to smart to be able to locate the leak and get it fixed. Way to go Donnie. ClappingHands

NANCY LEE: Glad to see you are back and posting, even though I have only met a few of the Foops, I consider each and every one of you guys my pals. It's sad that some of them don't post any longer.

Gotta get moving around here and get ready for church. You'll be in my prayers this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:52 pm

Trudy, Thanks! Your efforts must have been greatly appreciated especially by the veterans and the children.
Gave up chocolate? You are dedicated. So much self control. Glad you got some squirrelled away for after.

CB, you are a gal after my heart. Jim and I hope to eventually live the "backpack" lifestyle, once my mom doesn't need us. That's what we call it, but it'll be more like a transient life. Try a year here, a year there... if we don't like it, move on before that, if we do like it, we can stay longer. lightening up as much as possible. I can't wait to hear about your travels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:05 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

We had one group of 4 trick or treaters w parents & grandparents. I hadn't been candy for kids as in our areas kids have a church activity (like TRUDY'S) The grandparents are neighbors and I think the kids were just excited to put on their costumes. Anyhow, I had a bag of tootsie rolls so they got plenty.

Tomorrow we have a huge party after school for the kids in our horse program........dinner, treats, painting horses, barn dancing, singing etc..........4-7P.
We had girl scouts & boy scouts from the community decorating today.............I wasn't there .....I'm on clean up tomorrow evening. TRUDY, I'm getting a case of the dreads. LOL

Everyone have a great day tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:18 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! affraid affraid affraid BOO.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:56 pm

FOOP Corn Maze!

Happy Halloween!!   affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:13 pm

Happy Halloween from Ivan and Ark!

Our costume:  Push Me/Pull You  alien

This was from several years ago.  Ivan tends to put up with a lot..... affraid
Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:52 pm

Whewww, back in tx with our camper house, will move it tommorrow. We r too pooped to pop. Found a chiauhau and put him in a cage, owner came by was happy he was.safe, lives at other end of subdivision, long way from home. Also found a baby squirrel, it's still in the tree, but scared. Has hair, put water and small nibble things in the crotch of tree.....will ck tomorrow, hope mama will come and get him.
Ahhhh, bed feels good....
Happy halloween.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:05 am

The corn maze is hysterical! hysterical
So is PushMePullYou. ROFL

CB, glad you made it back with no trouble. Do you have any offers on your Missouri house yet?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:08 am

Party & barn dance for 65 kids (4-18).......served dinner, dessert, candy apples, candy, taught line dancing, played hoops, darts (sponge), musical chairs, "find the peanut under the cup"...........
we had a senior do the cups as he was/is so good a it...........
Anyhow, went at 3P to set up and got home at 9P..............

Something must be wrong this morning as I'm just short of dead.
Or, it was Halloween..........maybe I'm posting from the other side.
LOL, yeah, the crazy side. I'm amazed as an older more mature lady I still make it through this stuff. Way too much fun.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Well, I guess we all survived Halloween. Now for a scarier thing to survive, let's get the election behind us..... Rolling Eyes

November has arrived, so October 2016 is now closed. Go to: http://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t62-november-2016#8136

Or go to Basket and click on November 2016.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2016   

Back to top Go down

October 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5