Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

November 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:53 pm

Scammed have even invaded the horse world. Ran across an ad, thought this mare was good....really.good....and then after I find they want to ship mare with her passport and Coggins to me after I send the money for horse and shipping, sight unseen.....ugh....grrrrrrrrr.....told them I would hunt them down for my being so disappointed and blow their frigging balls off and if they didn't have any I would blow.their tits off! Sobs. I hate they can do this to people, they have no conscience....no morals. Grrrrrrr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beech

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:54 pm

ARK - Now I'm laughing: you and your long johns, and the hemorrhoid guy !! ROFL ROFL
I, too, seriously considered climbing up on something -- in my case, it would have been the toilet -- to get a better view, but decided against it after I began to imagine myself slipping, tearing an arm out of its socket while grabbing for the shower curtain, then cracking my head on the sink before my pelvis hit the tile floor. (That will probably happen next week.)
That "how many times have you fallen recently" question always used to make me laugh, and I'd lie in answering, because I figured falling once in a while just went with the territory when you were chasing hens, mending fence, splitting wood, haltering horses, trundling wheelbarrows, et al. Alas, I HATE HATE HATE to admit it, but those days (and falls) are rapidly disappearing into the back of beyond for me -- so that any fall is now a BIG EVENT. I tell you, I am not going into old age without swearing a LOT!!! Good thing you're all too far away to hear. hysterical
You are smart to have quit the warfarin.
And Doctor Donnie will have to at least send pics of himself mucking out-- or maybe on his tractor, haying and grinning and garbed in that big black hooded gown with its billowing three-barred sleeves flying out in the wind behind him. king king king

I spoke too soon about our warm weather and rain. An inch or two of snow on the ground everywhere this morning, and temps did not rise enough today to melt it. Cold, gray and raw, and night upon us once more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:59 am

My favorite falling off of things is my blackberry picking story when I decided I was getting those huge berries that were growing too high for me to reach. So I get this brainstorm, I'll get the step ladder and bring it down the hill and get those darn berries. Never thinking (one of my best traits) the ground is a tad softer down around the little creek that runs thru the farm. So at sunup I take the ladder down the hill to the berry patch. Up on the ladder I go, picking away, stretching ever so far to get those huge juicy berries. All of sudden the ladder sinks down in the ground and throws me headfirst into the berry patch. OUCH After I drag myself outta the patch, my clothes torn, my face & hands bleeding, weeds in my hair (berry bushes are MEAN), dragging a step ladder behind me, down the road comes a friend of George's, takes a look at me and says "OMG what happened to you?" Do you need help?" Of course not, I'm fine, I just had a small fight with the berry bushes and I lost. I looked rode hard and put away wet. I can still see the look on his face. LOL BUT I didn't spill any of the berries and that's the important part. I really enjoyed that berry pie I made outta those darn berries.

BEECH: I'm sure I was swearing a lot that day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:33 am

TRUDY
Ouch...... hysterical ....Okay, now I feel better in my klutziness. Some kind of body armor might have been a good idea. Those berries must really be tasty! Laughing

BEECH
Now that is a great idea! cheers I am going to have to take pix of Donnie in his gown doing strange things. When someone asks, "what is he going to do with that degree?", I can whip out those photos! This question has popped up about a hundred times over the years. Lots of folks don't understand why he would put so much time and effort into something that won't benefit him monetarily. ( They don't understand obsessions, like horses, either.... ) He has enjoyed the journey. I will enjoy the pix! Laughing

My turkey has thawed. It's tempting to bake it today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:42 am

Hey CB. Any news on SUNNY?

Nice morning here in AZ..........48 F out there, damp, & clear as a bell ring. I'm headed out later to buy our turkey. I'm on a new plan this year. I used to always buy my turkey early & put it in the freezer which takes up space. I'll get it today and set it out to thaw and have it ready to go in the morning. I'm making sugar cookies as I type. I'm meeting long time friends at McD's for coffee, laughs, & gossip in a bit. I got some pin stripes to put on my old new trailer. Woowoo. LOL.

Everyone have a good day! God bless. Prayers for all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:36 pm

GM, she was driving herself to her post op appt.....tried to talk her into having kent or someone drive her. She can't walk much, her legs r very weak, but she is driving around in traffic. Ack. Hubby says to me, u see that wall right there....I say shut up!

Going to make deviled eggs, cheese balls, cobbler, fruit tray. Broccoli cauliflowe casserole, rolls. Jess is doing ham, sweet and mashed taters, stuffing, a friend is doing turjey, green bean casserole, and both making pies....I'm stuffed just thinking about it all.
Kyle, gs, is coming from ft. Hood aND bringing a buddy for weekend that can't get home. That will be nice to see him.....wunnerful wunnerful.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beech

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Oh, TRUDY, that is a great story! I love it! And I think I've been very close to putting myself in the very same pickle.
Yesterday, hardly had I written those words about being smart enough not to stand on the toilet to view my bum, the recessed light in the ceiling right above it winked out, pfffttt. I stood there looking at it for a long time and finally decided that the risk of climbing up there to replace it was preferable to having to clean my upstairs before letting anybody else up there to do it for me. So I stood on a stool and fished it out.
Now, if I'd been REALLY smart, I'd've waited until I had a replacement bulb. See? I don't think ahead too good, either.
I'll let you know how I make out when I go to put a new one in. Which will probably happen when I replace the three similarly-situated overhead bulbs in the kitchen that have, one by one, died. That's going to require dragging a stepladder in from the barn and moving some furniture around a bit, which is why I've procrastinated. But at least, once I'm ready with new bulbs in hand, I'll have to go through the stepladder routine only once. Procrastination has its merits.

ARK I'm looking forward to those pics. Don't forget!

G'MRE & CB Set a place for me, please. I'll stop by tomorrow on my way home...

Sunny here today, with the temps up in the 40s, so I've hung a washing out on the line, scraped some of the melting ice off the steps where I fell, and filled the car for the dump. That's next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:38 pm

My door is always open and another plate is easy to set....come on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm going to two different cousins' houses for the weekend. I told the second one that I would bring a fried turkey. I LOVE frying turkeys. 30 minutes to heat the oil, 45 minutes to cook. Done. And it's pretty. I'll let it cool, and then wrap it to travel.

It's been raining all day, and still has several more hours to go before it wears out. BUT. It isn't snow and not cold enough to freeze.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:48 pm

Well darn, sent a nice long post, poof, in cyber space somewhere, but everyone have a super Thanksgiving! Hugs all around!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:26 am

affraid Shocked Gads, CB, hope SUNNY made it back home..............hope she could drive O K.
HARRY is right..................

Hey BEECH.......I also made some cinnamon bread this afternoon.
Plenty of food here, for sure. We eat a lot of good gravy hoping we don't have the big one. If we do, we know it was good. And, we always have one more chair that will fit at the table. Cool

Have fun ELLEN.

ROSE, hope you're well and glad you checked in.

Later gators.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:43 am

Beech, we will have 25 or 30 of us there tomorrow, but one more is always welcome. And you won't go hungry.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:40 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Have a safe and wonderful day with family and friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:56 am

ClappingHands :dance: wavy
Happy Thanksgiving!

Safe travels
Good.food and
Friends and family to enjoy.

Bless our soldiers and keep them safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Perfect CB......I say "ditto"

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:25 pm

Omy.....STUFFED....we had so much good food. I feel quilty if there are folks going hungry, cuz we could have fed more than our 17 that ate today. I hope all foops and foopettes had a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:51 am

Hmmmmmmm, just got talked into going to Bass Pro at 9A.
They opened I think last night at midnight for their sales. They have nice dog beds for $10 so that's my quest. AND my only store. I concented only if I can drive. I love Bass Pro and the kids at Santa are precious. The big boys are looking at boats & ATV's, the little boys BB guns and small ATV's.............me, 2 dog beds, $20. LOL I will get a Christmas Angel gift for the Salvation Army tree.

I'm watching the local news here.........really sweet. 3 teenage girls were returning their Christmas Angel tree presents and showing what & why they chose what they did for their angel. They were then headed to McDonald's for breakfast. Our country needs a dose of good spirits medicine right now. Their example actually talked me into going to Bass Pro.

So, better get to work to finish up here. Ha, then leftovers when I get home.........the holidays are here!

Best wishes for the day...........God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:37 pm

Game switch: 3 voted for Tractor Supply..........like that broke my heart. So we went there and to Shoppers Supply. They are approximately 1 mi apart on the same road........Shoppers is HUGE.
So we wandered etc in both and watched others spend thousands.
Both had good bargains. LOL. CalRanch next week. Very Happy

I came home and got all the left overs out and we ate. YUM.
Then, of course, sat down to read and read perhaps one paragraph.

Anyhow, we had a fun day without typical back Friday hype.
Later, we got our Christmas tree up and on. So, we're on our way
to the holiday season..............

no other news here...............

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:52 am

My news isn't good.  Yesterday, on Thanksgiving morning, Kazi colicked badly.  The vets from VA Tech worked on her for several hours, but the pain meds didn't work and she didn't show any signs of getting better.  At her age, 24, we decided colic surgery was out of the question, so when it became apparent that she wasn't going to survive, we had Kazi euthanized.   It was not a good day.  Donnie dug her grave with his tractor and we buried her in the corner of our barnlot pasture this morning.  The mares called for her all last night, it has been a sad time. Kazi was fine the night before, ate all her hay, ate her warm mash,  and drank her water.  She ran and bucked going up the hill and seemed to be feeling just fine.  Whatever caused the colic hit her fast and hard.    The vets did an ultrasound, which didn't show anything wrong.  

sigh.....Life is strange.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:49 am

I am so sorry Ark and Donny.... what a horrible day for you. Hugs to both of you from Jim and me. Kazi was fortunate to have had you all these years, and you were also, to have her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:33 am

ARK, this is from ELLEN: "Ark, I am so sorry that you lost Kazi. We all know how well you cared for her and loved her. It never gets any easier. Big hugs from me." She can't get her message on the board from her phone.

This is from me: I don't even know what to say. It's an empty feeling, as having been there before, I know it's just plain hard.
You certainly gave her the best care available throughout. Hugs to you & DONNIE from here. Enjoy your memories.
(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:29 am

OH my gosh what a shock to read your terrible news Big hugs for you and Donnie. There are no words to say. Keeping you & Donnie in prayer for strength and peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:09 am

Hugs for you and Donnie. Such sad news. Kazi was such a beautiful horse, and she will live on in your memories and pictures. So sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:27 pm

Going out to lunch and then to play some games with kids. Spending quality time with kyle before he heads overseas in a few months. He heads vack th o his base first thing tomorrow.
I'm pooped, too many late nights, too much food prep and eating....
Be nice to get back to a routine....then the other 3.girls come next weekend fir their thanksgiving dinner with their dad....like a merrygoround....lol
Ahhhh well, better than being bored.!

Sunny dawn said she drove kent for blood work and her first pt appt/pist op....thought she overdid it. Kent is selfish...he waited until now to havING to have tests done when she is trying to heal. he's been having probs for years, but hasnt done anything until right niw to push fir tests....grrrrr....ok, I'm done. I did tell her to think of herself this time, take the time to heal right. His tests arnt for life threatening things he has had the same probs for several years now...but all of a sudden he needs to find out why...and make her drive, be cuz he has no strength in his legs. Well sorry, but when you sit in front of tv 24/7 you do lose muscle tone....
Ok, I've put the soapbox away.

Have a better day everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beech

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Oh, ARK, I am so sorry! Your experience with Kazi mirrors mine with my Shanti, 19 months ago - same age, same sudden ailment, same mystery, same sad result -- so I am feeling very much with you. Each morning, in my mind, I still wrap my arms around his neck and press my cheek against that soft spot on his face where his nostril flared out, as I used to do every morning in real life. Please know what we all here know, that you gave Kazi the steady love and care and company and surroundings that all horses must dream of, and that, as sad as it is, that was true when it came to his ending, too. Warm hugs to you and Donnie from me, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beech

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Sorry, ARK. I so identified Kazi with Shanti that I turned her into a gelding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   

Back to top Go down

November 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next