Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

November 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:54 am

We went out just as the polls opened and voted.  We are in a podunk district and usually walk straight in, but there was a few folks already in line.  After voting and attaching our 'I Voted' stickers to our jackets, we went out for a calorie-free Election Day breakfast of  biscuits & gravy with steak and egg at Hardees.  

Now let the healing of our nation begin......

Ivan and I had a fun lesson yesterday!  One thing we worked on while doing arena patterns was backing with Ivan's head lowered a little.  He is starting to get it! cheers   Then when Lori had us side passing across a ground pole, something Ivan already knows how to do, all he could think about was backing with his head down, so kept trying to do that Laughing .  Once he figures something out, that's what he wants to do for awhile.  We finally got the sidepass done, but it took a few tries.  Lori wants me to change Ivan back to a snaffle bit and start working on dressage with him.  She thinks he will be ready for beginner classes by spring.  

Areion was very good for Lori.  She has finally started getting her canter leads correct almost every time.   Her attitude has been very good lately. sunny

28° here this morning at dawn.......brrrrrrr

Last edited by Ark on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long, this moving is taking longer than usual...think I'm slowing down. Dr. Has put me on insulin now and I'm having a time adjusting to shots...golden years, over rated.
Dawns snail mail is dawn emerson, 9000 u.s. hwy. 192, lot 61, clermont, fl, 34714
Email is
D small d awnemerson@rocketmail.com

Surgery is the 14th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:51 pm

CB, I hope you can get things regulated so you'll feel good again.

Neighbor drove me to the doc's office this afternoon where the drain was removed. THANK GOODNESS! I am so glad to have that thing gone. I'm progressing pretty well.

After that appointment, we went to the local library where the election polls are. I voted and got my sticker.
Another neighbor is going to bring me some beef/veggie soup after while.
Yet another was out walking and brought my trash tub in.

I am very blessed!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Yes, you r! Sounds like u have some really nice folks in your life.
Today was a total down day......total....totally......ahhhhh.
Tomorrow barium swallow, oh yum, just love that stuff, NOOOTTTT.....
Sweet dreams y'all.
May the best MAN win...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:18 pm

Prayers for your procedure CB........hope it goes well. Let us hear.

Yes, ARK, hope our crazy country settles down and pray for peace for all.............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:44 am

I voted at 8 AM yesterday and was number 80 in the smallest county and smallest township in the state of PA and they were worried they were going to run out of ballots. In the 23 years that I have voted I have never been over number 25 in the morning. I actually had to stand in line to vote, never happened before, people were pouring in to vote. Yes, we still have paper ballots that have to be colored in. LOL There was a little old guy in front of me who proudly said "this is the first time I have ever voted in my lifetime." WOW I'm still in shock this morning.

Plus it's raining this morning. YIPPPEEEEEE rain...we need rain so badly.

CB: Prayers being sent up for you.

ELLEN: Prayers for you also and thanking God for your great neighbors helping you after your operation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:54 am

Trudy, I voted about 2:30 yesterday afternoon and was completely surprised that there was no one in line. There were several people inside voting, but no line. After talking to a couple of people, there was a big line early in the day, and probably again when work hours were over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:01 pm

[u]
...on this mornings news.

Like a lot of people, I am in distress about Trump having won the election. It hurts ... I'm very fearful for the future as it appears to be tenuous at best ... yes, I'm scared.

But I want to try to take a new tack and encourage those around me to do so in a similar manner.

I go back to my years growing up on the farm and think of my Dad's "attitude" and "actions" when there would be a major breakdown in plans and / or machinery. He always found there was "something else" to be done that would / could be beneficial other than just standing around and bemoaning "the problem".
I like to think it was the old " when life gives you lemons, you need to make some lemonade" philosophy.

Obviously there are many problems and issues and misunderstandings facing us all that need further calm and deliberate discussions...NOT more partisan political posturing and rhetoric.

Have you ever heard of the "Feel ... Felt ... Found" way of discussion(s) about our differences of opinions?? It goes like this: "I think I know / understand how you FEEL ... I've often FELT that way too ... I've FOUND that xxxxx to be helpful etc".

In my most humble opinion, we now are facing not only some difficult times ahead, but MORE IMPORTANTLY an OPPORTUNITY for some good dialogue to iron out our differences ... make some lemonade out of lemons.

I want to start the process with me and I'm not going to engage in negativity with those that disagree. Show them a different way that's good.

Lastly, I'm once again drawn back to part of the ritualistic lessons I grew up with in the Grange: "A good person places FAITH in God ... nurtures HOPE ... dispenses CHARITY ... is noted for FIDELITY ... will PERSEVERE ... down life's pathway EVER FACING THE LIGHT.

My insurance company has a motto that's very appropriate especially considering what I've espoused above: TOGETHER WE CAN!!

My love to you and yours...

Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:55 pm

I'm hoping everyone can afford medical insurance in the near future, and altho I know war is probably looming, I only hope we can say we finished it, problem gone. I hope we can bring our flag and prayer back into our schools and our lives, that we care for our own children, elderly, and veterans before taking in others in front of our own problems we face. We can do this together.

The barium swallow went good, found my problem, nothing really can be done....ahhhh well.

Remember to hum for dawn on monday....she needs our support.

Nite y'all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:14 pm

CB, I hope that what they found is something you can live with, with some inconvenience or discomfort.

It was another beautiful fall day with leaves blowing all over the place - a large quantity of them landing on my driveway and sidewalk. They'll just have to lie there until all the leaves are down. I'll call my weedeater/leaf guy to come clean them up for me when all the leaves are off the trees.
Today was the first shower in a week. Boy, did that feel GOOD!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Yes, thankfully, but sometimes with discomfort.

Raining and muddeeeeee ee here. Yuck. But warm, in 70s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:31 am

Thankyou to all veterans past, present, future. And to their families too.
Too all who have lost loved ones, hugs for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:59 am

Ok, where is everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:21 pm

I've been hauling the colt......fast speeds, slow speeds. going to friends and just getting him out & tying him to the trailer........there's a lot of standing around for a horse in life and he is getting experience. He's an easy colt.

Anyhow he is in training for something each day. This is my last
hurrah so it will be a good one. LOL

So glad to read you're up & at it now ELLEN......life back to normal.
CB, hope you feel well. Why won't SUNNY post? Tell her prayers from me..............Is she still going to move after she heals?

RICK, thanks for your wisdom........hope you're well, also.

To our vets: THANKS FOR SERVING!

Everyone have a good day. God bless and prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:21 pm

I do send my great thanks to all the veterans for their service.

Not too much going on around here, nothing worth writing about.  It's fall.  The leaves are dropping. The wind is blowing.  The best part is that the sun is shining.  That's about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:11 pm

She gets the virus thing every time she tried, and she cant make it to clubhouse, she has hard time getting around.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:23 pm

So sorry CB............all this time I thought she was buzzing about on a scooter............

I sure hope her sure goes well.............prayers from here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:04 pm

Me too, I kniw she can really use a text or email right now that we r.all thinking in of her, it would help lots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:49 am

Awwww, come oooooon.....y'all get unbusy and post!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Saturday ... lots of things to do. Getting tickets for a musical adaptation of Anne of Green Gables for my mom's birthday gift. Are Americans familiar with the books? If someone is in touch with Sunny, tell her hi for me. Too bad she is cut off communication.
Graymare, which colt is this? I am out of the loop.
Rick, thank you for your thoughts and contribution to our reflection on things going on. Being just a neighbour, I am always glad to hear views of various people on your situation next door to us Canucks.

Gotta tidy up and mulch the garden. Taking things out that just look messy. I am going to pot some things to see if they will do okay, and take with us for container gardening in a rental.

We are calling the real estate agent today to book an appt with him for his opinion etc. Have done a lot of sorting through things and putting stuff in bins, basically pre-packing and have taken numerous things to Salvation Army and the Habitat for Humanity shops. More to go, but have to keep a lot while my mom lives with us, and we live here. Tomorrow while Mom is at church I will do a last clean up before the agent comes...get stuff off the closet floors, etc

After we meet with the agent, we will likely do some more work according to his recommendations and list in February or so.

Well, that is my life right now. Work at Bulk Barn, purge, pack. Mom is on an even keel with no real problems or great amounts of appts these days. Thankful for that right now
Time to get back at it. Have a good day all

Last edited by NancyLee on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 pm

LOL. Busy means there will be something to post when we sit down.

Off to a gymkhana with my program kids.......1 horse, 1 volunteer per child. I will be dead by 3:30 P. My boys are off today...........nothing for them to do but eat grass. They say
yahoo! As you know, the hyped young energy is wild for the kids today. Pray for strength. LOL

Bye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:06 pm

You are right Graymare. At least I have something to report to you all. And.. something to feel I have accomplished and am moving ahead on. It has been difficult for the past number of years not feeling we can move ahead and make any changes in our lives because of Mom. But we have come to the end of the line in Lindsay and Mom is willing to move to Kingston. Onwards and upwards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:50 pm

It does feel good to get rid of things you don't need, but have hung onto for reasons you no longer remember.

Yesterday, I got out to the grocery store and picked up several single serving meals that require only a microwave. This morning, one neighbor brought a whole tray full of food, leftovers from their family's early Thanksgiving dinner. Then another one came and brought some sinfully rich bread pudding made with Amish crack - otherwise known as Rise'n'Roll donuts. My refrigerator is full. I'll be lucky to get it all used before it spoils. Might have to freeze some of it.

The Rise 'n' Roll donuts are the lightest, softest donuts I've ever tasted, and rich all by themselves. I like them, but they are so rich, a few bites at a time is all I can manage. Adding the rest of the ingredients for the bread pudding didn't do a thing to take away the richness. Laughing Again, two or three bites is all I can do at one time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Back home. Dead, LOL

DO NOT DISTURB, resting.................... Sleep Sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:29 pm

I've gotten old enough that I barely remember having enough energy to keep up with kids. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:27 am

NANCY LEE
Wow, you are so busy! Trying to reduce things is a great plan, one I am terrible at, but starting to think that direction. It is amazing how much one accumulates.

GRAYMARE
Whose horses are used at the games? It would be good for Areion to attend something like that, she is very nervous around hyper little girls.

ELLEN
What nice neighbors you have! How are you feeling post surgery?

CB
How is Harry feeling these days? I hope your discomfort goes away. It is sure not 70° here and we actually need rain. There have been several fires in the area this past week, it has been very dry.

We went to see Dr. Strange at the local theatre this evening. It was a Benedict Cumberbatch movie, who has become one of my favorite actors. It was a bit strange, but then based on a comic book character, I guess it would be. It was nice to get out of the house with my feller.... Very Happy

Horses are all fine. Donnie did Trinket' s feet and Cactus is next. Then the rotation starts over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2016   

Back to top Go down

November 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next