Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2016

Go down 
+4
Ellen E
cb
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 11:46 pm

rendeer rendeer rendeer santa  DECEMBER 2016 santa rendeer rendeer rendeer

December 2016   Lymq5d
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 11:56 pm

Welcome to December!  It's gonna be a better month for everyone!!  cheers

Today I went out and bought a pre-lit white Christmas tree.  Not a big one, but a cute one.  I always wanted a white tree and decided this was the year.  ThunderPuff has already climbed it and found it to be less than satisfactory compared to our regular 9 foot tree.  A white cat in a white tree is kind of pretty, though.  Unfortunately, i didn't have a camera at the ready when he climbed it.

Last year it took us forever to put away the tree, so this year it is staying in the box.  The new one was practically like putting up an umbrella.  Very Happy

Had lunch with my horsey friend in Blacksburg today.  She gave me a very pretty ornament with an Arabian horse on it.  That was so sweet...  So I went from there to WalMart and bought the white tree.  The ornament is the only thing hanging on it so far.  Should be easy to put away after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 2:43 am

Gads, December.......another year almost turning over.

ARK, your tree sounds lovely. Our tree is up, too. Ours is little
and wholesome.......really cute with white lights. We are going to two Christmas concerts, one this Sunday which is the Phoenix Boys Choir
and the other is the next week end, The Kingston Trio and John Denver Christmas. Both should be fun, we're looking forward to them.

Rex had his Christmas grooming today and is cleaned up and looking quite dapper with his Hohoho Santa bandana. The horses are dirty & fuzzy after this last round of storms so grooming is for tomorrow
afternoon.

ELLEN, hey, no problem, you have 24 more days............

Boy CB, you're so right........it's a blessing to have healthy, active, and normal babies crawling and running about. Our grands are grown now, so no little ones.

I look like Rudolf as I banged my nose hard on the tailgate of the Ranger. I was stooped over, came up and looked up at the same time and banged my nose. It's pretty funny. I can't decide which story to make up: got hit in the face at Walmart by a bad kid in the toy department or fell face first after getting kicked by a horse. LOL

No other news...............Everyone have a good evening..........
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:13 am

Last edited by Graymare on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Doesn't open)
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:17 am

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:42 am

To a better, happier, full of joy and love and good health for all month, including Santa! Have to love that jolly ol guy!

Still trying to find that special horse.....

Dogs r in front of the heater, it's been chilly at night....only problem is they are sprawled out between the bedroom and the baghroom, and it's like walking thru a puzzle of legs....one foot here, one there....ahhhh...inbetween there....what a tangled maze of body parts on 2 100 lb. Bulldogs. Yep the pup yoshi is now taller than odie, and weighs as much. He isn't a year old yet. He was the biggest pup of the litter tho. His brother, is only 72 lbs...the one jessi got. Lovable mutts! They love their yard here. Quite content.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Rex is looking very spiffy in his coat and scarf. He looks very happy with himself.

CB, I had Casey, the Maltese here Wednesday and Thursday. She usually has particular places that she lies down. But if I move toward the kitchen, I really have to watch because she seems to hover near my feet. If I take a step, she is often in the way. I'm a little afraid I'll step on her. She just doesn't understand when I make her leave the area, especially when I'm cooking, and looks so dejected that I would dare to send her away. At about 13 or 14, she doesn't see as well as she used to. Her hearing is very selective. If I'm sitting down, she will be snoozing away, even snoring. I will get up to get something and she doesn't move. BUT, just let me make a piece of paper crackle and she'll be instantly standing at my feet wondering what treat she is missing out on.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:52 pm

Ellen, I'm in a camper.and.it's wall to wall bulldogs when the stretch out,.....it's all in the foot placement and how bad one has to pee!

Survived another harper afternoon....she was real huggy today and loved climbing on papaw for horsey rid
es. Bailey sprained her wrist at school today so joey was gone five hours instead of 3...but we survived...love that grand baby.

Rainy and need a jacket today.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 1:17 am

GRAYMARE
Ouch! Sorry about your nose! That had to hurt.......but your dog looks good! Very Happy He sure is a pretty guy. Pretty lucky, too.

ELLEN
If I ever get another dog, I would seriously consider a Maltese. A friend here has one that is tiny, but I watched it herd some cows. All 4 pounds of her. Cutest farm dog I ever saw Laughing . One of my cousins has one, too. My cats would probably object to more lap competition, though.

CB
I am glad you are enjoying your grand daughter!!

Quiet day here. Chilly and sunny. I actually petted our wild barncat, Dory, today. I have been trying to tame her for months. She didn't realize I was going to touch her, but didn't have a heart attack over it. Progress! She has gotten much more relaxed around us lately, but doesn't know the joys of a good petting yet.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 6:25 am

Hubby has somehow ruptured his c3 , admitted, surgery coming right up.......but at first thought it was stroke.....lordie....I thought this month was going to be better....pfffft.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 8:07 am

WOW December already. Another year has flown by.

GRAYAMRE: OUCH that had to hurt.

CB: Gosh girlfriend, poor Harry, he sure has had his turn in the barrel of disasters this year, in fact so have you. Hang in there. Praying for a much better and healthier year for you in 2017.

ARK: Congrats on touching the barn kitty Dory. I have a kitty like that. I have spent the year trying to convince her that I won't hurt her. Just this week she actually came into the horse stall and started eating while I was standing there. Not for long though, soon as I moved, she was outta there. Progress is slow with the truly feral cats. She watches me pet Blaze and LT but isn't going to trust me yet. Someday....

Not much going on here this week. The dentist had to reschedule my DNA testing. GRRRRR I'd like to get that over with but not until next Thursday now.

Almost finished with getting the gifts that need mailed wrapped and ready to go. Mail early if you can and miss the nightmare that will start next weekend at the Post Office.

It's deer season here in PA. Our 78 year old neighbor got a nice buck here on the farm. He was pretty excited to out hunt the youngens. We are over run with deer this year. Doe season starts today. It hasn't been a very good hunting season with rain almost every day, George doesn't hunt any more, that doesn't break my heart, I'm not a fan of venison.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 12:49 pm

CB, prayers for Harry.........I had to have laminectomy as you know of C 1-6............great move on my part.......good surgery.  Not sure what Harry has to have, but be glad he's having it taken care of.  Maybe 2016 will end dilemmas.........Praying for the best for you & Harry.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 1:05 pm

I forgot.  I'm so sorry your DNA test.  Have hope it's this month to get r done w results............Prayers from here.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 12:38 am

Wow.  Nobody's home.................
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 10:48 am

Sorry, GM, that's usually my line. Lol

At hospital all day trying to keep hubby peacified....he was hungry. Finally after 24 hours he got to eat.and drink. He had tuna sandwich, fruit, pudding, coke, coffee, and looked.at me with pitiful eyes...Jessi brought him burger, chili, fries, a Coke from wendys, and then 2 hours later he got dinner, beef tips on rice with broccoli and cauliflower, caje, salad, ice tea and milk.....and had the audacity to look at me again with those same eyes and I said NO. A friend was spose to bring him in some tamales, but I left at 7, I was beat.
He has to pass a blood.test this morning as he is on bloodthinners, if he passes surgery today, if not then he has to wait about 5 days off blood thinners.
I gotz to head out again soon to hospital.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 11:27 am

CB, big prayers that all goes well for Harry and that he heals fast. Sounds like there is nothing at all wrong with his appetite.

Indy's perma-gloom has set in for the winter, I think. We haven't seen the sun for nearly a week. According to the weather map, there is snow headed this way in a few hours. December weather is definitely here.

Quite a few years ago, there was a feral Manx kitten living somewhere around my house. I would put food on the step for her. She was hungry, so I would sit on the other side of the step and not move while she ate. Bit by bit, I moved a little closer to her. Eventually, I was able to touch her, and eventually pet her. She became very affectionate and was allowed in the house where she enjoyed an occasional nap on my lap.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 1:31 pm

No prob CB..........I'll just read more............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Just after 2:00 and the snow has begun. Not sure how much we'll get.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 12:12 am

CB
Poor Harry.... hug I hope the surgery fixes him right up very quickly.

ELLEN
Still snowing? It rained here all day, and was only 37°. The horses were happy to stay in the barn. Donnie and I got soaked, of course.

I love Manx cats! We have had several over the years, although we don't have one right now. The ones we have had were all very sweet.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 am

The snow stopped a couple of hours ago, about 8:00. Hardly any accumulation, very wet and heavy, and I can hear it dripping off the roof. It's just about 33 degrees, so by morning it could be a little bit slippery on the roads.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Nothing new here..............

God bless.  Prayers for ALL............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Harry has doctor appts 3 days this week....fun fun fun...

Next week they said surgery.....more fun!

We have had so much rain for this part of texas, any ground not cleared grows.cactus. mud and huge puddles everywhere.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Poor Harry. Putting off the surgery just prolongs the anxiety. I'd just want to get it done and be on the way to recovering.

I spent the whole day "tire kicking"... otherwise known as car shopping. My current Envoy has a very sick engine. Replacing or repairing would cost more than the car is worth. I think I have found one that will be okay. 2013 Acadia. Sadly, it only has a V6, compared with the V8 in the Envoy. It's okay, but doesn't have nearly as much pep as the V8. The mileage should be a little better.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 1:34 am

CB
I heard Texas was getting a lot of rain. I think it may be here on Tuesday, we are supposed to get rain all day. I am glad Harry is in a place to get help.

ELLEN
Shopping for a vehicle is all kinds of no fun. It takes us months to do it. We are happy with the truck we got, though, so I guess the time spent researching, looking, and debating about it turned out well. The funny thing about our new truck is how many middle-aged and older men love it, too! Smile Donnie has one or two guys wax poetic about it every week! Some guy chased him down in Krogers yesterday just to talk trucks.
Good luck with your car shopping!

I had a very nice lesson on Ivan today. We put his hackamore back on and he was Mr. Mellow again. He really didn't like that bit in his mouth last week. Areion got the week off again to let her fetlock injury finish healing. It is looking pretty good.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 am

Good aerion is healing good. I know you take great care of ur horses, but the dental school found our mare, molly, had sharp teeth that put pressure on the.optic nerve when she wore.a bit. S u rgery would have been a large fortune, she was registered and became a.brood mare. Our vet never found it.

We r moving rocky from the stable to our camper lot on Saturday and.then we will have to make a decision. Dr. Told harry he.couldn't ride for at least 3 months. We r th honking of selling him, let someone use him, instead of him just being in a pasture. He is 12 now. Kinda shoots our plans of traveling and riding....pffft. waited too long.
GM, HOW LONG WERE U OFF riding.

Woe is me, between the rain, mud, cooler temps,.and his surgery....I'm down in the dumps. De dumps.....

Ellen, car shopping is fun to do, there are so many different ones out there now.

Sweet dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

December 2016   Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2016    December 2016   Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2016
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next