Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

December 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:08 pm

The sun is shining and the temperature is up to 28°!  Big improvement. The part of the lake that froze night before last hasn't had any snow on it, so it is smooth and shiny. Probably only about an inch thick now, but it will thicken up over the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:05 pm

ELLEN
Wow. It has been way too cold at your house! We have been fairly warm comparatively. 43° today, over 50° tomorrow. I have a lesson on Ivan scheduled for tomorrow, it will be warm enough. Stay warm!!!!

We took Daisy to Va Tech today to get her feet trimmed. We have decided to continue going there with her in Kazi's place. They do such a good job. Daisy travels so well, one of her better talents. This was her first time on the newer trailer. She walked right on and never got nervous about it. Ivan and Areion hate being trailered and will sweat and fret. Anyway, Daisy did well. Not having to do Daisy's feet will help Donnie out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:46 am

ELLEN: WOW that is even colder than here in PA it was 9 above yesterday morning. BRRRRRR 22 this morning.

CB: Still praying for you and Harry.

My Internet was down for a day and a half. GGRRRRRRRRR Darn Verizon. I wondered why those Verizon trucks had been driving around here lately. Now I know.

Had a not so fun day yesterday. My neighbor called and asked me to drive her over to Geisinger for her check up, she had gastric by pass surgery a couple of weeks ago. Right before I left to pick her up my phone rang. My son fell off a ladder at work and screwed up his ankle (the one with all the screws, nuts and bolts) and was on his way to the ER. Dropped off Sasha at the main door and went to the ER in time get my son outta the ER. Since he drove himself to the ER, I had to drive his monster truck. It was like driving a tank. Left my SUV in the ER parking lot. Went back to get her and found you either have to pay $10 to get your vehicle out of the parking lot or get a special token from the ER. WHAT???? Had to walk back to the ER and get a stupid token which didn't want to work. GGRRRRRRR That's why I HATE that hospital, we never go there. Who ever heard of paying to park at the ER?

What a day....funny who things work out sometimes, I was going to the hospital anyway. LOL oh well things can always be much worse. Gotta roll with the bad days.

4 more days to Christmas....the count down is on. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:30 am

Happy winter solstice for those of you in real winter.  Here in my part of AZ we are having intermittent rain,no flooding or anything yet.  As you know, that's the irony of the desert. No rain, no water, then big rain, big flood etc..............here it's simply cloudy, higher humidity and warm at 50.  The ski slopes in the mountains up north are happy for more snow as they opened before Thanksgiving.

TRUDY, what a day you had.  I'm sure now that it's over you see the strange humor in it......hoping all is well today.

I still have some baking to deliver to neighbors (baking is done), get my haircut today, catch up with a couple of friends via phone for catch up conversation, and that will be my day.......I'm enjoying the spirit of Christmas.

I just saw a picture of a mall from yesterday.  I'm not a mall person.  It looked crazy there.  But, there was a small group of carolers (nonprofessional, high school choir kids) out on their own just singing. It was cute.  Then there was a free puppy give away with little kids trying to make a choice.  It was sure cute but I hope their commitment is real.

No new here...........God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:53 pm

My favorite day of the year!!

Tomorrow will be a few seconds longer than today.  I can live with that..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:23 pm

I'm always glad to see the days getting longer again too. The weather is a little milder this week, which is a good thing. The weather forecast was talking about a Christmas snowstorm, but the snow part will be well north of us. We'll probably get some rain. It will be good to see bare roads again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:00 pm

TRUDY:
 I am so sorry for your miserable day running to the hospital.  It occurred to me, though, that you might want to start up your own personal family/friends ambulance service...... Rolling Eyes   .... What a day.

The frozen fox photo is for you folks up there having snow and ice already.  We are going to have a non-white Christmas here.  It may rain, but we won't be seeing any of that white stuff.  Suits me!  The day after Christmas, next Monday, 'they' say we may hit 60 degrees!   sunny  cheers  sunny   Perfect.  

Ivan and I had a very nice lesson with Lori today, last one before Christmas.  We are still working on aids and collection, could be a life long pursuit!  It was fun and Ivan worked at being very good.  I didn't really want his head that low in the one photo, but he was trying extra hard!   Very Happy   Lori has been singing Ivan's praises lately, saying how much he has improved in the past year.  Makes me happy!  Very Happy   It was 53 degrees, sunny, windless, and a perfect riding day. I wore my new long sleeved t-shirt and was very comfy.  Gotta love weather like this in late December..... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:51 pm

ARK, you & Ivan are looking GREAT.................really happy for you.

Raining lightly here......to rain all night I guess.  We'll see.  Boys are in.

Had two good visits with neighbors today.  I did pumpkin breads & sugar cookies this year to take to neighbors.  One got a brand new HUGE 
Suburban.  GORGEOUS.  She was getting a big Tahoe but she raises German Shepherds and the crates didn't fit.  This car has so many gizmos it's like a science fiction car.........The dealership brought both to her house for "try outs".

OK, nitey nite.............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:19 am

A new Tahoe or Yukon would have been my choice if money were no object. Those two are both out of my range of imagination.

It has warmed up a little bit here, and will continue to moderate over the next several days. Hooray!

Trudy, with your family's habits, maybe the ER would give you a lifetime pass. To be honest, I've never heard of paid parking for an ER. I hope your son is okay and that your friends post surgery visit went well.

Ivan is really looking good. It begins to be really great fun when you get to start more advanced work with a cooperative critter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 am

This is among the craziest things I've ever seen:

[size=18][size=18][size=18]
[size=18][size=18][size=24]https://safeshare.tv/x/cIyVNoY 3_L4#v
[/size]
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[/size]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:50 am

I guess it wouldn't copy & paste
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:53 am

[ltr] 
[size=18][size=18] 

[size=18][size=18][size=18][size=18]

[size=24]Here’s something to do when you’re bored..........hmmmmmmm?????

[size=18][size=24]https://safeshare.tv/x/cIyVNoY 3_L4#v

[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/ltr][/size]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:55 am

Sorry, won't copy..............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:47 am

Hi.  Hoping everyone is ready for Christmas.  I still have 2 more neighbor gifts to drop off.  Our meal menu is in order, shopping done so let the munching, eating and stuffing begin.  We took gifts to one daughter's house last night as she has family flying in and a houseful.

The barn is so peaceful.  Praying for that kind of peace for all.
Have a great day...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm

In a little while, I'll be leaving to go visit relatives until Monday.  
I wish all of you a very peaceful and happy holiday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:59 pm

ELLEN
Safe trip and Merry Christmas! Eat something really decadent for me! Drool

GRAYMARE
If you just copy and paste the website you are trying to post, we should be able to click on it, although it won't show up here with a picture or video.
I still need to wrap my neighbor's gift and Donnie's presents. I guess I had better get busy on that...

We spent all afternoon getting a load of very pretty pine sawdust and shoveling it out of the truck and into the stalls. We discovered that the last load we bought that was so unsatisfactory wasn't pine, but oak. Even though we asked for pine, they loaded up the wrong stuff. Other than being a lot of work, this new stuff is gorgeous and incredibly cheap compared to those pellets we have been getting for bedding. So the ponies and horses have a comfy bed for Christmas! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:27 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:17 pm

Lost a big post, dwat, so ill just say Merry Christmas to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:09 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL!!!  HUGS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:38 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Peace on earth, goodwill to men.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Rain all afternoon......no flooding right here but not far from here.  It's supposed to rain into the night.  Lots of snow up north.......

Hope everyone is hunkered down and warm with lots of good food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:57 pm

I 40 closed both sides of Flagstaff................

40 degrees here, going down to 30.................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:56 am

santa rendeer Merry Christmas! rendeer santa

It's 50° here at almost 11p.m. No white Christmas for us this year! wavy It has rained off and on all day. And rained some more.

Presents are wrapped, we are as ready for Santa as we can get. The horses got a warm mash with carrots and peppermint for dinner, so hopefully will say nice things about us at midnight tonight. Smile

I am watching "It's a Wonderful Life" on the t.v. as I type this. Honestly, I don't care much for this movie. It ends with a few minutes of warm fuzzy feelings, but the show is mostly about a very depressed to the point of suicide man who finally turns his life around after dragging us thru his miserable life. Call me Scrooge. It's not my favorite Christmas movie.... Rolling Eyes

Happy Christmas and Merry Holidays to you all, favorite people! :dance:
Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:52 am

Today is the day!  I'm up early making certain the tree & gifts are in order, the gifts arranged, baking another batch of sugar cookies that disappear like we have a cookie bandit in the house.

ARK, honestly, watch Christmas Story today.  I think it is the best of Christmas humor and cheer.  Our family watched it yesterday after
church.  I die laughing year after year.......when Ralphie gets his BB gun, shoots it, gets hit with the rebound BB, then gets up, walks on his glasses, makes up his lie for his mom to feel sorry for him, I always
think it's SO funny I roar out loud.  Then the Bumpass' dogs come through and demolish their kitchen & turkey.  Then they're in the Chinese restaurant singing "deck the haws with bawse of hawree, fa rah rah rah rah, rah rah rah rah...............we collapse in rolled up laughing out loud.  Of course, I grew up in the 40's and picture it all so clearly from my town & people from my memory.  We had those same school desks and I currently still have one in my house.  It just dawned on me I need to decorate it for Christmas next year.  Seeing the Palmer handwriting posters above the schoolroom blackboard scrabbled my mind realizing they don't even teach cursive in school any longer.  I guess computers have taken over.  Anyhow that silly movie takes me back to the 40's & early 50's when new ice skates were my hope & our dog & I went skating on the river.............ha, bumpy, crusty, pathetic excuse for a rink, but ice none the less for great fun............kids are so missing good times. santa:rofl:By the way, I looked just like those kids in my snow suit.lol!  I skated flawlessly.

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS with love to all.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:42 pm

And it's Christmas!!

I hope everyone is having a Merry one! We got the barn cleaned between rain showers, then had a nice breakfast before opening up presents.  It's been a nice day.  My sister, Vicki, has been into major quilt making this year.  She sent me a colorful quilt that is quite pretty.  Donnie gave me a Chromebook, that is a cute computer tablet.  My kindle will get some relief!  I am using it to post this.  I think I am going to like it.  My old computer has some glitches and hasn't been fun to be on in awhile....actually since that truck hit our house.  Dust probably got into it, it was right there where the damage was done to the wall.

Donnie got some kind of magic radio device for his ham radio station.  He is happy.  Very Happy   It will help him hear signals in the noise.  It cancels out noise and extracts signals from it, letting him contact stations he can barely hear.  It's good to have a happy Donnie!

GRAYMARE:
 Actually, we watch Christmas Story just about every year!  I like the soap poisoning scene Laughing .  I went to school in central Indiana for 5 years and the schools there looked much like Warren G. Harding School where Ralphie went.  I think Indiana must have named most of their schools after presidents.  We lived across from Roosevelt Elementary and I went to Wilson Junior H.S.  So it's fun to watch the movie to relive some of those times.  I suspect those schools I went to are closed by now, they were not new even back then.  Fun movie!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:53 am

34 here, sun is coming up and it will be 50 today.........birds not up yet, horses happily munching, me, drinking coffee with Santa who is tired..................santa

ARK, boy, your sister made you a BEAUTIFUL quilt.  Enjoy your new tablet, we need you here.  What program do you use to get photos here?

Christmas breakfast was long and filling.  Our afternoon was football and I thought of TRUDY waving her Steelers towel.  That game was a typical Steelers clench it nail biter.

Today daughter & I are headed to a movie for a mother-daughter brunch.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    

Back to top Go down

December 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next