Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

December 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:53 am

34 here, sun is coming up and it will be 50 today.........birds not up yet, horses happily munching, me, drinking coffee with Santa who is tired..................santa

ARK, boy, your sister made you a BEAUTIFUL quilt.  Enjoy your new tablet, we need you here.  What program do you use to get photos here?

Christmas breakfast was long and filling.  Our afternoon was football and I thought of TRUDY waving her Steelers towel.  That game was a typical Steelers clench it nail biter.

Today daughter & I are headed to a movie for a mother-daughter brunch.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:55 pm

[size=32]Senior Inspirations[/size]

1. My goal for 2016 was to   lose just 10 pounds … only 15 to go ...
2. Ate salad for dinner.  Mostly  croutons and tomatoes ... Really just one big, round crouton  covered with tomato sauce ... And  cheese... FINE, it was a pizza... I ate  a pizza …
3. How to  prepare Tofu:    
                                            1.   Throw it in the trash.
                                            2.  Grill some Meat. 
4. I just did a week's worth of cardio after walking into a spider web  ...
5. I don't mean to brag but… I finished my 14-day supply of diet food in 3  hours and 20 minutes ...
6. A recent study has found women who carry a  little extra weight live longer than men who mention it ...
7. Kids  today don't know how easy they have it... when I was young, I had to walk 9 feet  through shag carpet to change the TV channel...
8. Senility has been a  smooth transition for me...
9. Remember back when we were kids and every  time it was below zero out they closed school? Me neither.
10. I may not  be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented … I'm sorry, I  forgot where I was going with this ...
11. I love being over 70 … I learn  something new every day … and forget 5 others ...
12. A thief broke into  my house last night … He started searching for money … so I woke up and searched  with him...
Quote :
13. My dentist told me I need a Crown … I said, “You bet,  pour mine over rocks” …

14. I think I'll just put an "Out of Order"  sticker on my forehead and call it a day ...

Quote :
Quote :

"Just remember, once you're  over the hill you begin to pick up speed."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Shocked Shocked I'm finished for this week.........................

God bless, prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Whew! I'm home after a really nice long weekend. I hope all of you had a Christmas as nice as I did. We ate, swapped some presents, told jokes, ate some more, swapped a few more presents, talked, ate some more, and celebrated the up-coming birth of the triplets in the summer. Then we celebrated some more when another of the young cousin couples announced they have a new cousin on the way, due in August.
So far, the triplets are progressing well, and the doctor is doing all he can to make sure that it stays that way. They are hoping to make it to 32 weeks. They are 12 weeks now. More would be better, but they can deal with 32. All three babies have a heart rate of 170, so the doctor thinks there is a good chance they are all girls, but in another month or so, they will know.
I'm praying for the other baby. That couple miscarried a baby last spring.
I really do have wonderful cousins. They sent me home with a new electronic pressure cooker and a wall mounted ShopVac with a 21 foot hose that will reach almost anything in and out of the garage. I'd been wanting the pressure cooker, but would have never bought one for myself.
With the new car, I will definitely get some good use from the ShopVac. After all the mud and mess we've had around here, the car NEEDS a good sweeping.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:53 am

I liked the Senior Inspirations. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:13 am

"had to walk 9 feet across shag carpet to change the t.v. channel" ROFL   Are we spoiled these days or what?  I had to walk to school everyday, uphill both ways.... hysterical

I like the Senior Inspirations, too!

ELLEN:
Welcome home!  I am glad you had a happy cousin Christmas!  

GRAYMARE:
 I use ImageShack to host photos here, mostly because I have hundreds of photos on it from over the years at Foopville and this forum.  I like them, but not as much now since they haven't been free for a few years.  Switching all the photos to another place would be too much work, so I will just stick with them.   I can put unlimited photos on it, though, so suggest that if anyone wants to post a photo, send it to me and I will post it for you...or send you the link and you can post the photo yourself here.  

This forum will also host small photos.  Use the first "TV" looking icon above in the posting panel to select a photo off your computer.  Then use the second TV icon to insert the link to post it here.  You may have to experiment a little to get the sequence correct, but I just did it to the photo here.  I only have one photo to choose from on this ChromeBook, so you get to look at it again  Very Happy .

I am off to do the barn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:39 am

CB, where are you?  We're getting concerned.

Ark, that is a beautiful quilt. I like to sew, but am not into quilt making. It would take a LOT of time to make something with all those small pieces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Ellen, I's here, just mainly reading...enjoying everyones xmas adventures\presents.
Not much has changed here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:45 pm

There you are, CB. It seems that things are not well with you right now, so we need to hear from you to know that you are okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Well Christmas is over and real life has returned.....Barn is clean, horses doing fine, kitties all doing okay (I did mention that Wizard the barncat died, didn't I?),  and this morning I awoke to find Donnie celebrating!  He realized he had finished his dissertation, it is now in its final form.  A dear friend gave him the incense and candle to mark the end of his work on it.  It was great to wake up to that!

He will defend it on Jan.27 and then go thru the graduation ceremony in May.  But as soon as he defends his dissertation, he is officially Dr. Donnie, his degree is finished.  wavy  

Yesterday Ivan and Areion had their lessons at the same time.  I rode Ivan, Lori rode Areion, and we would do patterns in the arena.  It was fun and I think the horses liked having each other in there working at the same time. Both were really mellow and did great.

If the weather cooperates, Ivan is going to Pandapas Pond Park on Saturday for a trail ride with Lori's mustang, Tonto.  Yesterday was lovely,  today not so much.  Wind and rain and possibly some bit of snow overnight.  At least we won't get what you folks north of us are going to get:  2 feet of snow! affraid   We may get an inch.  Fine by me!

CB
How are you doing? What's going on?

ELLEN:
Stay warm!! I think you are going to get lots of snow. ewwwwww

GRAYMARE:
So how warm is it in AZ? Did you try posting pix here with the little t.v. icons?

TRUDY:
Got milk and bread? That's the first thing we run for here when there is snow coming.... Very Happy

BEECH:
Update please! Very Happy

It would be nice to hear updates from lots of folks at the end of this year. I hope next year is a very happy one....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:06 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Wizard.  

CONGRATULATIONS to Donnie!  It's been a long haul for him, but it's coming to a victorious end now.

This morning it was sunny and nearly 40°, but dropped all day down to the current 30°.  It started blowing and snowing late this afternoon.  I don't think this will classify as a big snow, but everything is white now. Of course, I got the car washed yesterday. Wasted.
This was not a day to enjoy being outside.  Cricket the Cat was desperate to get inside this evening.  He is happily curled up on the other end of the sofa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:22 pm

Have you folks been watching the live Eagle Cam? The eggs are about to hatch!

http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:04 am

I think the eagle-cams are so neat. One of my cousins has been watching the Decorah, Iowa eagles for several years now. She absolutely loves watching them.
I'll check in on this one now and then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:23 am

One more day and then it's 2017. This year has certainly flown by. Looking forward to 17 being a good year for all of us. Only 2 more days to enjoy my Christmas tree & colorful decorations.

ARK: Our snow was here and gone in a flash. It started snowing at 5 AM and by noon I was walking Ace in the slushy muddy fields. Sorry to hear about Wizzard. A big CONGRATS to Donnie for achieving his dream. Beautiful quilt.

GRAYMARE: My Terrible Towel was twirling away on Christmas and I was wearing my lucky Steeler shirt. Can you believe that we did NOT have the game broadcasted on TV up here in no mans land in PA. It was only on the stupid NFL channel. Probably a good thing, cause we would have had heart attacks in the last 20 seconds.

Missy (daughter number one) who lives in Ravens territory and my phone kept me updated on the score. I was sure we lost when she sent me a text and all it said was OMG. The Steeler Nation has been celebrating ever since. The game against the Ratbirds is like a Super Bowl to us. LOL

Oh yes, I had to walk to school everyday up hill both way in the snow, with plastic bags for boots on my feet, in a skirt (we were not allowed to wear pants to school waayyyyy back then). The last part is true. LOL And I did walk to school except for my senior year, cause they built the new high school wwaayyyyy out in the country and we had to ride a bus.

We are doing our last gift exchange with son Kevin and his wife tonight. It's crazy when everyone is spread out across the state. His father in law fell on Christmas and broke his hip. Earl is 83. YIKES He had surgery and is still in the hospital. Prayers for him please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:28 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I'm going for a haircut and then on to my cousin's. She's been having a New Years party for about 55 years. We sit around a play games and eat too much until midnight. Then the kids go out on the front porch wearing party hats to beat on pots and pans. This is a party with very little alcohol, so everybody remembers what they did.
I wish all of us a good year ahead, all of us safe and healthy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:52 pm

WOW, 2017 tomorrow.  Can that be?  It seems only yesterday it was 1955.  Holy cow.

Happy & heathy 2017 to ALL!!!

"You have done what you could—some blunders and absurdities have crept in. Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: New Year's Eve!   Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:46 pm

Wishes for the very Happiest New Year for Everyone! :dance:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:51 pm

:dance:  Happy New Year! :dance:

Weren't we all just waiting on Y2K to blow up our world?  Simpler times.... Rolling Eyes

You will never guess what is sleeping in our barn tonight on the last day of the year:

Three little pigs showed up in our yard as we were preparing to take Ivan to a trail ride.  Never made the ride.  We spent all day talking to neighbors and cops trying to find out who owned the pigs.  No one has surfaced, so we may be stuck with them for awhile.  It took us awhile to get the horses back to the barn when the pigs showed up, they were convinced the pigs ate horses.  After we finally got them into the barn, we enticed the pigs into the pasture to keep them out of the road.  The pigs spent the afternoon rooting up our pasture, stealing chicken food, and getting their little piggy butts beat by  Zippy, the only horse on the place who wasn't afraid of them and who didn't appreciate their presence in his barnlot.  The pigs went over and under the fences to get into the barnlot.  Horses freaked, Cactus bugled, and Zippy attacked them.  Zippy is a bad ass.  Who would have thought that? Laughing The pigs later went into the ponies' stall and we trapped them there.  Zippy is not happy about that.  The ponies are in Kazi's smaller stall.  

A friend may take them and eventually eat them, which saddens me.  The pigs are not wild.  The neighborhood farmers think someone may have dropped them off here when they couldn't keep them as pets.  

Weird year's end.....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Rose's horses!   Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:46 am

This is from ROSE:

"  Inky in front, 6 months; Cross in back, 20 months.  Same sire, different dams.  Cross will go under saddle in in April, Inky will probably get the great snip about the same time.  They are good buddies!"

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:02 am

See you all in the New Year!!

2016 is closed for business. Finally.

Go to: http://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t64-january-2017#8420

or click on Basket and then click on January 2017.

Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2016    

Back to top Go down

December 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6