Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2017

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

February 2017 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Rose, are you watching the Xfinity demolition derby? I guess it's because there are so many rookies, but they are crashing all over the place and taking out a LOT of cars in the process.
I wonder what's going to happen tomorrow in the big race.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:47 pm

I got on Red today, he was a complete and total ANGEL! :)we just walked as feet need trimmed, farrier is coming the 2nd. I was happy he did so well. Grdson rode him too.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:45 pm

That's so wonderful CB........

I thought you all might enjoy this...........very amazing.

Quote :

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ACkmg3Y64_s?rel=0

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 12:35 am

It looks like you had a really nice ride. Trailer fenders were invented as mounting blocks. Laughing

CB, I'm so glad you had a good first ride on Red. Hope you get a lot more good rides on him.

Graymare, that is a really neat extravagant display. It would take a long time to see everything in it.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 am

Ark, do you have any natrc rides in your area, you would enjoy them a lot as they are slower paced and have a rider division, and a horse division. We loved doing those and did as many as we could. The gal that won high point for the year in 1983,.her horse came ip lame night before the ride, she took her dads 18 ye old horse who had been in a pasture for over a year and won horse and horsemanship divisions...and win a silver cup fir highpoint. The rides are same distance, just at a slower pace...usually 5 to 6 hrs to finish, not a race, you oace yourself to go thru checkpoints on the trail, p and r stops, and the horsemanship part is a real kick in the pants to do too.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Sniff....kyle is headed back to base and will be leaving on an adventure. If everyone can spare a good safety hum, id appreciate it. 
Sold the old camper....just put it on craigslist last night

Now to get the wind damage on truck camper fixed and fix up the stock trailer and we r ready to hit the road soon.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Good going on your camper sale, CB............and, yes, prayers for Kyle
will be continuing.

Gorgeous cool day here today..........the kids had their big riding program and they all tried and did really well...........they are SO cute.
Ha, their rendition of a recital...........one explained to me that "it is really hard to be as good a rider as I am".........7 yrs old.  Then she said "I'm thinking you're really old".  "Oh, how old do you think I am?"
"Oh, about maybe 40 or 50"..................WooHoo!!! I'll take that compliment any day!  It was a GOOD day.

Game day at my house tomorrow.  Not sure what we're playing...........8 of us old bags blabbing and blabbing along with laughing our heads off.  Oh.  AND, gobs of food.

No other news.  God bless.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:46 pm

CB, it's good you got that camper sold so quickly. Smile Big prayers for Kyle that he learns a lot and comes home safely.

Rose, how many millions of dollars of equipment was torn up today at Daytona?  I really don't like the restrictor plate races.  Too many huge accidents, too much time in red flags and cautions.  The idea of the three segments of the race is okay, but there has to be a way to do that without getting so many cars totaled.  Thank goodness NASCAR has done such a good job of driver safety.  Hitting each other and the wall at nearly 200 mph, and the guys all got out and walked away.
I really hated to see Jr.'s car get messed up and eliminated.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 1:44 am

GRAYMARE:
That was an interesting video. I didn't catch which country it was in, but they sure put some time into building that! Have fun with the girls. Cool

CB:
Ivan and I did a NATRC ride in 2012. There is one held about 50 miles from here, not far from where I used to live. It is very mountainous there with lots of rocks, but very pretty. It was a slower ride. I might try that ride again this year. The only bad part is the lack of stalls this year, everyone has to camp out with their horses. I'll have to practice having Ivan do that. He hates stalls anyway. The ride is June 17 and 18, I think. Look up Virginia Highlands NATRC ride....

Congrats on riding your new horse! How did your knees do? You sure sold that trailer fast!

ELLEN:
It's nice that you and ROSE have Nascar interests in common! I enjoy reading the news about that.

We tried on Ivan's new boots today. I think they are going to work. Both horses seemed just a little tender after Friday's ride, so next time they are going to be booted on their front feet. I got EasyBoot gloves for him. It looks like Areion wears the same size.

It feels like February again. Our wonderful mid-70s are gone, 40s are back and below freezing at night. It was nice while it lasted...

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 8:30 am

Good morning everyone. I now have great granddaughter number two. Anthony and Tricia had their baby girl on Friday night at 11:12. 6 pounds 14 oz. Gemma Raealison Rotolo. I got to hold this baby on Saturday when I went to the hospital to see her. YEAH. I may get to see this little girl once in awhile. I know God makes no mistakes, but I have to wonder why God would give a baby to those two immature kids?

We got new flat screens TV's on Friday. WOW what a difference. Our old TV was from 2001. It was time to replace it. Watched a nature show, it was amazing. Now if we can figure out the new HD stuff on the Dish. LOL

CB: Prayers for Kyle that's for sure. Congrats on selling the camper so quickly and on your ride on Red.

ARK: Our cold weather is back. It's 23 this morning. I sure enjoyed walking Ace in fields in T-shirts and sneaker boots. Back to the ski bibs and gloves.

GRAYMARE: The kids say the funniest things don't they? My grandson just told me he thought I was about 50. LOL LOL His dad is turning 50 this year.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 10:58 am

Very good thing we have kids around, keeps us young!  tongue Laughing
Trudy, vongrats on number 2, i like the name Gemma, but the rest is sure a mouthful for a lil one to say...maybe the kids will grow up now more...babies can make ine realize its time to be responsible, i hope so.

Ark, my knees hurt...short ride too...i would love to do a natrc ride but dont think body would! I would probably need a crane to lift me off the saddle but i loved doing those rides.
Thanks for prayers and hums for kyle, gram knows hes scared, he cried when we hugged goodbye...hate it...just hate his going, but its what he feels is right. Ill send care packages often to let him know we r thinking and supporting him.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 am

Is there any form of fooplife around....helllllloooooo.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked LOL

POURING here.............snowing big time in the mountains.  The mountain kids are praying for no school tomorrow so they can sled & ski. Kids were were on the local news/weather & cute as pie.

Nothing to report here.  Game day was fun.  We played Mexican train.  8 of us old bags laughing and having fun.  I won 2nd prize.........
lavender epsome salts............our food was delicious.  We had one Italian dish, orange chicken from Costco, big good salad, rolls, home made lemon meringue pie, and, of course snacks, soda, water, oh, and cashews.

Horses munching hay (or might be finished), Rex laying at TL's feet,
me, typing....................

That's all for here...................cheersSleep
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 1:48 am

TRUDY:
 Congrats on the new great grandbaby!! wavy wavy   I am glad you get to see this one more often.  
 I miss last Friday's weather...sigh...we are back to what we should be in February.  It may have made it up to 50 in the afternoon, but it  didn't feel like it.  

CB:
 Helllooooo!!!   Sorry about your knees.  I was hoping riding wouldn't hurt them for you.  Donnie got on Daisy for a few minutes awhile back and his knees hurt worse for weeks.  So she lives a nice, relaxing life.   She's such a goofball, she earns her living by providing the comedy relief around here. Laughing

My barn kitty, Dory, came back today.  She was missing for two days.  She is a feral cat, but has lived here for over a year.  I hate it when one of my cats disappears.  She actually meowed at me and jumped up on the table I feed her on with me right there.  She is so wild, this was nice to see.  My other barncat, Wizard, died in November and I think Dory misses him.  He was her friend.

Speaking of cats:  Kumquat has some new pix!  She was caught relaxing in front of the woodstove yesterday...

February 2017 - Page 6 Kumqua10

I think she was demanding room service.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 10:26 am

Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day.....
Actually we need a little bit of rain. It isn't too cold this morning, but is overcast and drizzly.

Ark, Kumquat looks a little like Cricket sometimes. At the moment, he is upside down on the other end of the sofa. Cricket is Travis' cat, but when it's cold, I let him come in. He always has a place to get inside in the barn, complete with a sofa and plenty of food. He of the opinion that a warm house is better than a barn. He's getting to be an older cat now.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 10:48 am

Drizzly here too this morning, but warm out there, humidity is high today and we r off to set the third warmest day for february....three record highs this month.

Have to go to base and get prescriptions and groceries and then i finally get my tv in the bunkhouse in tonight, sil is coming to do the magic....hubby has a tv in the bedroom, and i have one in the bunkhouse room. Granddaughters love the bunkhouse when they come, a bunk for each one. This heartland north trail is nice, its 6 ft longer than old one and has two slide outs. A super slide in kitcgen, living, dining area, and a slide in bunkhouse area....so it seems a lot bigger. The bathroom has lots of storage, the kitchen is lacking a bit in that department, the only downfall. The bathroom is big compared to most campers. There are 7 big cupboards in there. And lots of leg room to sit comfortably, without knees being against the tub...lol. it has an outdoor kitchen with a grill, microwave, fridge, sink, tv.
Wish i could get pics posted....the girls all tried but couldnt figure it out.
Truck camper is almost 10 feet, 9.10. It has a slude out where the dining table is. Also the bathroom is roomier than my old truck camper. I love the shower is separate, and not a wet bath where you sit on the toilet to shower! 
We r ready to rock and roll....just have to work on the horse trailer, and get the camper repaired from the wind damage.
I think i will logue our journeys....maybe i can turn it into a vest seller of how not to travel!  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 2:02 pm

ARK, oh, she's a RIOT.  Sorry you lost Wizard.  I didn't remember that.
Well, I bet another comes along.  You & Donnie seem to save cats just at the right time.

Rain has stopped.....so, on to sunshine for this week.

Everyone have a good day.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 3:38 am

Sitting up with a cousin in missouri where they have tornados. Her hubby is a truck driver and not home. She is alone with her year old daughter and is pg. She is scared. Trying to keep her calm talking with her. I hated those storms when we lived there.
Have to fast tknight for bloodwork in morning and all i want to do is munch on something with her...as she is munchin away being nervous...lol
Ack!

Storm just hit the town next to them....so she is pretty tense.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 12:08 pm

CB, did your cousin get through the storm okay? Well, other than being scared?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Yes, im happy to say i either relaxed her enuf talking or she got tired of my rambli g, but she and baby went to safest room and she fell asleep talking to me, course i worried rest of the night, but early this morning she texted and is doing well.  Lol
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm glad to hear that, CB. It was a scary night in the middle of the Midwest last night.
We were far enough north to miss most of it. We had a hard fast storm in the middle of the night. No damage here.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Those fast moving storms have just started going thru here. Shadow and I got a fast shower, we couldn't make it back from the barn fast enough. I got the horses situated and the winds started howling with horizontal rain. The weather guy said 60 mph winds blew thru. At least. It arrived earlier than they said it would, I thought I would have until after 1 pm. It got here before noon. Anyway, we are back in the house and I have changed out of my sopping wet clothes. It was about 70 degrees when it hit, but the temps dropped fast when the winds picked up. I was in a t-shirt. Shadow took it better than I thought he would, but he stuck right by me. His previous owner said he was afraid of thunder. I never heard any thunder, but figured Shadow probably did. He is happy to be inside.

Time to change the calendar! Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t66-march-2017#8765

Or click on Basket, then March 2017. sunny

February is closed for business.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2017
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6