Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

March 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Oh dear, our LIZ!!! Then glad to read she is much improved with her stent.............Oh boy, Prayers from here.

ROSE, thank you for posting the news. I sure hope LIZ gets to head home soon! I'm sure she is "he ll on wheels" without her full service wi fi for her internet.

BEECH, gads I couldn't keep up on your daily social schedule........I love reading of your fun. I do remember the gray of the north....and the beauty of the water & sun to never ending infinity. It really is special. I can see. you girls with nice china, good food, fine wine, and the ocean.........I'm right there in my head.

No other news here.......God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm

Stormy windy rainy texas night....oolala
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:59 am

Wow. Lots of news to read here! That's great, or at least most of it is. I hope Liz is feeling better now that she has the stint.

CB:
Don't blow away in the storm!! affraid

GRAYMARE:
That was very interesting about the water and heart problems. Thanks for posting that!
Did you get your chairs yet?

ELLEN:
I may have to investigate that cooker. I am not a great cook and love hearing about easier ways to get dinner done. We finished off my vertical rigatoni dish this evening, we got three meals out of it. Donnie liked it enough that he wants to do it again. We have to find a better way to stuff those noodles, I could have made Thanksgiving dinner faster...

BEECH:
It is so good to hear that you are not dead. Yet. hysterical I think if Maine didn't have such cold snowy winters, and a weird governor, it would be the best place to live in America! I love the idea of dinner at the sea and living in the hills. I miss the ocean air, but then miss the mountain air when away too long. And you have such a nice group of ladies to hang out with!

Ivan has already rolled in the mud. So much for the bath yesterday, it rained last night. Ivan can't resist a good roll after a rain. Rolling Eyes At least his tail still looks clean. This ride I am going to next week will pretty much determine any future rides. If my poor body can't take it, or Ivan just can't deal with it emotionally, I will reevaluate my riding priorities. I am actually doing pretty good, physically, after the 12.3 mile ride last Saturday, but that is only half the distance of the ride I am going to. My worst sore spot is the blister on my hiney. Laughing I rode a considerable distance with a loosened girth and saddle trying to slip to the left, and kept sitting harder on my right seat bone to straighten the saddle. I actually got a blister on my butt! Next time I will stop and fix the darn girth.

Your birthday buddy, Areion, did really well last weekend. She is amazing me with her growing strength and acceptance of being in weird places. She gobbled up the mash I took her and then ate what Ivan wouldn't touch. She may make a better endurance horse than Ivan because she takes care of herself better. Ivan gets so nervous, poor guy.

My neighbor with all the dogs is going to take care of Daisy and ponies and cats and fowl while we are gone. This is a breakthrough in neighbor relations. Hopefully it will go well. Shadow is going to the vet to be boarded and get his teeth cleaned. He won't be having much fun...

I will try to find those directions and repost how to put photos here. It is actually easy on my laptop, but I am not sure it can be done on a Kindle or phone. Just when I had decided to cut ImageShack from my life, they are halving their subscription price. I think I will keep them another year just so I don't have to go thru the several hundred photos stored there for awhile. They must have got my irritated vibes about their prices! I should have thought nasty thoughts at them earlier. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com Online
cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:36 am

Storm has passed...all is well here...63 mph winds.higher other counties and tornados. Horses were in the trailer thru the storm, we just left them back in their paddock area. I dont mind if it rains with them out they seem to enjoy that, but hail was forecasted, so we hooked up to trailer and in they went.
Ark some baby powder in your pants, especially around the knees can help. I remember my very first endurance ride, the inside of my knees were raw, but i paid good money and was going to finish! I had to wear a skirt for a week! I learned heavy leggings much better to ride in then jeans with those inseams....oh live and learn. I had to siak in a tub with my pants on to get them off....i was ouchy. But i was heavy, even back then..that didnt help one bit, and you r a skinny minny.
Glad Liz is doing better, those stents are lifesavers. Did she go by pikkle?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:44 am

Good morning everyone. Not much going on here in PA either. It's been raining on and off for a couple days. Ace & I have managed to get in a few mud filled walks.

Going to Lowe's today to look at a new washer and dryer so I can give my old ones to daughter Amy. She is recently divorced and living on her own. KIDS...even when they are adults they are kids. That's why I never have yard sales, I just ask a kid if they want something and it is gone in the blink of an eye.

Then we are meeting our friends Donna & Fred at Cracker Barrel for a nice lunch and long over due visit.

Tomorrow our friends who are a Gold Star Mother and Father are bringing another freezer load of meat to be given away to needy Veterans, in honor of their son who lost his life in Iraq.. What a blessing they are to the needy Vets and their families.

The local American Legion has started a bell ringing ceremony for Vets, every night at 7 PM ring the bell 3 times and have a minute of silence and prayer. Our Purple Heart chapter was given the honor of being the first Veterans to ring the bell on Monday night. Very moving ceremony.

My friend Ashley is back in the hospital. She is going down hill quickly and spending more and more in the hospital.

GRAYMARE: Thanks for the water info. I still don't think I can drink before bed, I'd be running back and forth all night. I'll try to drink more during the day.

ELLEN: Sorry to hear about Liz and glad she is making out OK.

BEECH: Life in Maine. AAHHHHH I remember it well...One short year. Our young Pastor is from Houlton and we chat about life in Maine quite often. I do miss the fresh off the boat seafood. Lobster & scallops just haven't been the same since we moved back to PA.

ARK: Love the photos of your horses and the progress you have made with Ivan. Keep riding on for us non horse owners.

CB: Glad you weathered the storm and nothing bad happened to you or the horses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 am

Me too, Trudy! Did the best we could, and hunkered down. Hope everyone makes it thru safely.
Thats nice of the couple to give away meat, it must help them with their heartache some.

I know seafood was really tasty in south carolina when we were stationed there...miss that.

Trudy, sorry about your friend, hugs for you and her.

Beech, dont stay gone so long....miss you. Glad you posted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:22 am

Hmmmmmm.  I was hoping for a report re LIZ.....praying she is doing well.

Glad you made it through your storm CB..........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:09 am

Sun shining this morning, altho it was cool earlier, 41. Probably why the hosses have clung onto their hair even with these warm to hot days. Ill bet it falls like crazy now.
Cant believe Gram is getting up to a ft of snow still. Its spring for cryin out loud! Beech, are u getting more too?

Camper repair place has ordered the metal to fix camper...just waiting for the last ck from insurance....taking forever to settle claim. Where ir who does everyone have insurance with and do u like them?

Hubby has doc appt ckup on his neck surgery...so off we go.

Have a great day y'all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:28 am

This is from Liz. The news is very good.

"Many thanks for all the prayers and good wishes from all the foops. It's been an interesting few days - I'm home now, feeling pretty weak, but I'm sure that will improve with time Doc says 6 weeks, take it easy, no lifting, no housework (how very sad ROFL)"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:46 am

TRUDY, I forgot to tell you I have a moment of silence for vets each evening at 7P without bells..............it's a good reminder to show respect & prayer.....just to be grateful.

YAY LIZ.............glad she's home!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:55 am

Rain, rain, go away.
We've had enough today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:33 pm

ARK, I forgot. My chairs aren't due for another week.............then, I just take on perhaps another week for nonsense with delivery...............I'm sure I will get a call for arrival...............LOL, just when? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Don't drown ELLEN!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:48 pm

GM harry said to tell you and Trudy and george, thank you.

Got my saddle back, farrier box with tools, not the shoeing chaps tho.. and my antique hanes and collar. No wedding rings, no tin set of dishes, no ac unit.....sigh....am thankful for what we did get back.

Sunny day, waiting on hay man to show up....then off to mail a box of goodies to kyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:07 am

Has anyone been as dumb as me.....probably NOT.
My gelding i bought, did i a ctually look underneath of him, no i just assumed.....the guy said gelding....i said...fine.  when i picked up my coggins test results testerday i was looking at it as its the first one ive gotten with pictures on it, and it said male for stallion.  We were halfway home and had been running errands all day and i said id call them. Hubby was feeding and decided to take a look......yep i have a lil testicaled stallion.....holy crap!!!!
And now y'all know what today is, right....lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:43 pm

CB, how long did it take you to make up that story to suck us in? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:00 pm

CB:
You can't fool us, we KNOW you looked there! ROFL

Time to change the month. Go to: http://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t67-april-2017#8955

or click on BASKET and then on April 2017. See you there!

March has gone out like a lamb.....and is closed for business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2017   

Back to top Go down

March 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 50 Horse Friends :: Basket-
Jump to: