Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

APRIL 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 am

Dr says i have screwed up my rotator cuff...arghhhhh....and pulled muscles in my back.....i wanted to say "no shit"....but i behaved myself. I knew that much. If ritatir isnt better when we get back, i will have mri, possible surgery. It better heal dangit. All by itself....no lifting or reaching....hah!
Not much else going on here....pretty humdrum dreary day, but will be in the 80s later.
Trudy, glad baby is ik. Did they know what rash was from?

Ellen, sorry about the sewer hookup, i know they can be spendy, but i guess next to the lake its needed to protect from sny leeching.

GM, that was too funny about going to dennys...its no wonder the guys were quiet, they were trying to figure if you gals were serious or not!!!

Ark, doing any riding? How are you feeling now?

Rose, you enjoy ur rides this year!

Beech, is ur snow gone?

Indy ap, how r things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am

Back about 60 years ago, before this county had any codes or rules, developers were coming in and turning swamp land into channel lots.  703 of them on 42 acres of channels.  My dad knew then what was going to happen.  The septic tanks were below ground level and under the best of circumstances, they would leech into the channels.  Most of there were only good as holding tanks.
In today's world, those places would have never been allowed to be built in the first place.
So, it's costing me $70 a month to pay for those past mistakes.  We all have wells, so it's just for the sewage.
yippeeskippee

Be careful with that shoulder CB.  

Graymare, I'm really glad to hear that Elbows is healing and can at least use her fingers.  That's some help to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:20 am

Well, CB, ole Arthur is just a current pain in the shoulder for you.....hope it heals for you!!! Heavens. Be very careful getting in & out of. your camper. (((((hugs))))))

Hmmmmm. Breakfast group was fun. Women all blabbed & laughed and laughed.
Guys not so much. We girls figured it out........they couldn't even hear each other. Common Sense & TL both do not necessarily hear well. Then we all laughed harder. ELBOWS can use her L arm quite well, right poorly. Another one of the gals is up next for some razzing. She is getting a new hip May 8th I think it is. So now, instead of Blah blahs we are becoming Bionic Blabbers.......we think we are so funny...............
We all had a good breakfast and made plans for the mountains. We might plant a small garden...........I told them I would cheer them on. I seriously don't think it's smart to run sprinklers to do that.............we are still in a drought here in the west, not to mention the hard ground, and we don't have a tiller that I know of. The guys instantly
boo ed that idea...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:04 am

Maybe a pallet garden or yse big flower pots or tubs, mych easier to weed and water...and takes less water.

We need to get steps up to the camper door that idie can use as well as me. 

Sweet dreams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Really? Theres a new show cominf on...Mary kills people....i kid you not, just saw it advertised....geewhillikers....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm

CB, LOL, I'm not in it..............too lazy............ Shocked I can buy
tomatoes each week.........one gal has tomatoes in big pots on her porch............

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm

I keep thinking I'll get a couple of tomato plants every year, but I wind up just buying tomatoes at the local roadside stands. Beautiful tomatoes, no work.
I also keep thinking I'll buy a couple of pots of petunias for my wall, but I never do that either.
Tulips are my one nod to gardening. They do a dandy job of taking care of themselves. I might do something drastic and add some Miracle Gro to them. One bunch of them isn't coming up as big as they did in past years. They are there, but small.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Ms. Ellen ... do you tip toe through the tulips ?? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Snoop Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Nope. I stay far away from them. My tiptoeing would probably be stomping and kill them all. hysterical
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 am

Tiny tim u aint.....lol

Another hot tamale day here today then a cooldown in the 70s for a few days.  Then back to 95 and sizzle. Ugh...almost time to bug out...if it werent for 2 doc appts we would have been gone.  

May 10 is planned for bug out.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 am

Today is ripping & disc day. I have the fertilizer spreader ready to go. Big tractor coming at 8A.........then from here on outthink pups are about 8- for about 6 weeks the pasture is out of bounds for h yesterday after massorses......they will be in arena at night, in during the day.

ELBOWS & COMMON SENSE are fine. I didn't see them yesterday as they went visiting
yesterday after mass. ELBOWS is only worried about PT after healing......she's getting along quite well day to day. She is gathering all her contacts to her new computer as her old one was fried.......that keeps her busy in between phone calls. She also calls her 2 grandsons, one 6, one 4 and gets their daily take on school that day. They also have a litter of puppies that they have to take care of. I think they are about 9-10 weeks so they have "hard work" to do each day. She says it's really cute to hear them.
They live on a farm in MN.............

No news here. I was wrong about Disco Hips. Her surgery is in June. RICK, have fun in Alaska...............

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:23 am

Holy cow, I wondered what happened...............and I never saw it. Hope you can figure it out..............wait tie I tell ELBOWS......her typing is better...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Back. I was sitting in rocker typing, not looking, took sip of coffee, put down, and started typing again................

Anyhow, you get the gist.........

Finished with ground work for the day.........big tractor still out there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm

I'm glad that Elbows continues to heal. For what it's worth, my ortho told me what I needed to be able to do before the next visit or I would have to go to rehab. Boy, did I work on it. Didn't have to go to rehab. My hand and wrist aren't "normal" but I can do everything I want to do. Still rebuilding strength.

We are going to have a couple of cooler days, and then be back to 60s and 70s. It's going to be time to start mowing soon. Having the tractor sure makes that a more pleasant job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Hmmmmmm. Everyone left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:03 am

Raining, raining....It's going to rain all weekend thru Monday, over 2 inches. The big party where the pigs came from is going to be a soggy one. It started today and goes thru Sunday.

CB:
I feel fine, thanks. I hope your shoulders get to feeling better.

I haven't been riding since we went to Dismal Falls. It has either been raining or we were busy. Then a couple of days ago, Ivan started limping slightly, and I can't find the reason. So I am watching him. We have a lesson next week, hopefully he will be over whatever is wrong by then. I wonder if he got kicked by one of the mares....Daisy is kind of hard on him. He doesn't have any swelling or heat or anything obvious showing.

We finally got our yard all mowed, for the second time. It looks nice, for a day or two. We want to put in a small garden, but really, we are so terrible at keeping weeds out of it. We certainly have plenty of compost to put in it.

Our next horsey goal is the local horse show on May 27th. We may take both Ivan and Areion if we can get some decent practice in. I have them pre-registered for hunter walk/trot classes, but Lori could do a canter class with Areion. Ivan and I have no decent speed control at a canter and I don't wish to be too big of a spectacle. affraid

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 am

Not much going on here in PA. We had a quiet week of just hanging around on the farm doing whatever for a change. George did mow some grass between rain drops. We have been having rain almost everyday. It is raining right now.

My friend Ashley's little doggie Cecilia passed away on Tuesday, she is broken hearted. Poor kid, she has enough on her plate being so ill and that dog was her life.

I did get off the farm to search for a fancy hat for the Ladies Tea at church. Found one. We are all wearing hats this year & dressing in our fanciest clothes. Our table is going to be a Noah's Ark table. Can't wait to see Sherry's Noah's Ark tea set.

My tulips are blooming too. They are so weird, we planted them in a heart shape a couple of years ago, they came up in a straight line this year, planted all purple bulbs and some pink ones came up. Shocked Go figure. I don't have much luck with flowers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 am

Oh TRUDY, how awful for Ashley..........all I can offer is ((((hugs)))))
and prayers.  There are no words...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Trudy, thats so sad for your friend...

Hubby got the scooters together.... needs to ck on right type of oil, and has red wingnuts leftover.....hmmmmmm

Not much else doin here.....had to turn heater on last night, got in high 30s....crazy.....ac on now....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Trudy, I'm so sorry about Ashley losing her dog. With everything else she's going through, that's really tough.

It has been a beautiful spring day, high 60s, clear and sunny. Lots of boats out on the lake; lots of people mowing yards. I'll get mine done tomorrow, along with some other outdoor chores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:43 am

Skat cat! I thut i sawed a puttie cat, i did ided....

Ok fess up, what did everyone do over the weekend, i wanna hear ALL about it! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Friday evening, I went with the neighborhood gang to a little local restaurant that has been open about two years. It is definitely a yuppie type of place. Weird stuff on the menu and high prices. No Coke or Pepsi products. Salads with odd names. However, all their products are from local farmers, including all the meat. I had a hamburger that was very good. One of the gang had a huge pork chop that he said was really good.
Saturday and yesterday I just did household chores.
There it is, CB. My boring life in a paragraph. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:02 pm

It has been raining for days and is still raining. We have several flooded roads in the county. That is fairly unusual for around here. It is a soggy place. The horses think they live in a bog when they are on the pasture. We have managed to keep the barn dry and clean, thank goodness. Donnie trenched in front of the barn so run-off wouldn't get into it. I let the horses out during a break in the rain this morning while I cleaned the barn, Areion took off bucking across the field. I think they are all going a little stir crazy.

I am going to a "Paint Nite" event tonight in Blacksburg at an Italian restaurant. We will be painting some spring looking picture. It is sort of a Bob Ross knock-off kind of deal, but should be fun, or at least different. I am going with Ivan's former owner. Donnie is staying home by himself, a rare event in itself. I suspect he will be asleep before I get home at 9 pm or so..... Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 am

Our weekend was a bundle of boring stuff also. Didn't really do much of anything. Watched it rain, read a book, went to church, watched George make a big pot of ham veggie soup with our left over Easter ham. Last night we had our Purple Heart meeting and dinner. This morning George has his Veterans meeting in Berwick.

Found out yesterday morning at 6 AM that someone hacked my Chase credit card. GRRRRRRR Now I have to change my auto deductions for dog food and other things. I'm so ticked off. That is the second time that card has been hacked. Thank God Chase is on top of things, they text me immediately when a strange charge shows up. We quit using our bank mac card a couple of years ago, in case of hacking, Funny I just saw how safe it is to use your smart phone to do your banking. I might be old fashion but never use my phone for ordering or paying for items.

This will be another kind of boring week. I have Barnabas meetings at church on Weds and Thursday, that's my week.

Other than fighting with the stupid birds who insist they are going to make nests on top of my windows on the front porch. GRRRRRRRR I bought some bird netting to put up today to keep them from making the nests. There are tons of trees they can use, not my porch.

ELLEN: Did you see Maks last night? WOW what a comeback dance huh? All 10's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:25 am

Trudy, Maks and his partner should NOT have been eliminated last night. She has the best technique of all of them. It's the time of the season that I don't want to see any of them go home. When this season started, there were several of them I'd never heard of, but they have all really worked hard to get better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:01 am

Went and got more paint for horse trailer....things are coming along...i need to start packing the camper...

Not much else is happenin here...94 degrees today. Fall, most of winter and early spring are enjoyable here, but from now, its going to get hot and humid...time to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next