Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

JULY 2017 :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:05 pm

I sure know what you mean about humidity. Today is only about 86°, but the humidity makes it feel like 93°. I can't imagine 120° with that kind of humidity. That would be just awful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Whew, it is hot today here! It was about 90 degrees earlier, but some clouds have appeared and the temps are down to a more tolerable 83. It rained a little while we were out, that probably dropped the temps.

I crossed wires with Lori and didn't expect her today. I was going to take Annie out for lunch and meet up with Donnie. Lori showed up for a lesson, so lunch got postponed. I took Annie out later and we did a couple of department stores.

First, though, I had a lesson on Areion. It was so hot, and she was soooo mellow! She didn't offer to spook, I think it took too much energy, Laughing . Lori says Areion is like this about 90 percent of the time. It's that other 10 percent of the time that one has to be careful on her. When she spooks, she spooks big. Today she was great and I had a fun lesson, despite melting in the sun. While not really good yet, I am getting better on her.

I also rode Ivan for his prescribed 10 minutes at a walk today, bareback with just a halter and reins. He is moving out well with no limps from his splint bone injury. He really is forcing me to learn to ride Areion.

CB:
I am glad the closing is back on. cheers

GRAYMARE:
I don't know how you stand that heat either. We get a couple of days of it and think we are going to die. Then it cools off for awhile. The mountains sound wonderful! cheers

ELLEN:
Congrats on having a good visit with the cousins! cheers They do sound like great guests. Your lake sounds really good right now as I am cooling off from a hot day here.

TRUDY:
Congrats on the new air conditioning! cheers That is funny about the 87 year old man Laughing .

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 pm

It's 106.........LOL. I remember RI and the heat & humidity was therrible......no better to worse. than here. Hey, everywhere has it's downfall........ affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: New Format   Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:24 am

Okay, so this is weird. But I got rid of the photobucket crapola. I have been searching for a different format and will have to figure out some things about this one. Hopefully you all can limp along with me until I get it fixed. I need to change some lettering sizes and will have to dig awhile to find where that is done.

Stay tuned..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:28 am

The "Reply" button is at the top and bottom of the page in frilly lettering.  I hope to be able to change that..... confused
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:03 am

ARK: WOW This is so much nicer than what was going on before. I'll take a frilly reply button over that bold yelling stuff that was on here. You do good work for us, we really appreciate all your hard work trying to keep us together on the forum. That is a tough schedule for you and Ivan to follow.

GRYMARE 106...now that is HOT no matter where ya are. Even with your dry heat. What on earth is dry heat anyway? So sorry about Bob. Prayers for Judy and the family.

ELLEN: You can relax now and catch your breath until the next big party time.

CB: Praying you can get the house stuff settled and over with. Too much stress.

Ace is finally over his July 4th freak out, he only threw up twice and has settled down. Poor doggie, he gets himself in such a freaked out state.

It was fun having breakfast with my girlfriends yesterday. Lots of laughter and coffee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:50 am

The white is hard to read....

We have keys to house feels good. Finally. Wish i could send pucs 
We have had two weeks of 106 for highs....ugh.
Imbready for some c[ler temps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:13 am

This is so much better than the stupid frame around everything. I can make the print larger here on my computer, so the size of the print doesn't matter to me at all. Thank you so much for maintaining the forum for us.

Today I'm off to Lowes to get a bag of play sand to fill the weights for my umbrella. My cousin filled two of them with one bag and ran out of sand so I'll do the other two. The umbrella is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:28 am

Im also ready for a huge arse keyboard so i can spell things. Even when i go back and correct, it still comes up wrong when i post, nuts! Flippin phone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:00 am

CB, have you thought about getting a tablet that will work with cell towers?Those have a keyboard with larger letters. Some of them will let you attach a regular keyboard and mouse.
I agree that auto-correct can be a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:04 pm

I had to search for the "reply"................it was too frilly.
Whew. I, too, can enlarge my print. I like it.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 pm

It has been a perfectly gorgeous day! Moderate temperature and lower humidity. Lots of people out enjoying the lake today.
The new umbrella does a great job of shading the deck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:01 pm

May be my phone but am having terrible time reading, bothers my eyes so much, sorry. Ill get by when i can...but its such a strain to see words...gettin old sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:15 am

Okay, sports fans:

I have been trying to modify the text size. Not much luck so far, but have discovered a couple of things.

For computers/ChromeBook/laptops/desktops and such devices, you can zoom in and out by using "Ctrl +" or "Ctrl-" to make the lettering larger or smaller.

I-phones have a text zoom function. For some touch screen devices, you can use your fingers to expand or contract the screen size.

CB:
What kind of phone or device are you using? Does it have a touch screen function? Can you enlarge a photo by using your fingers to make it larger?

I will keep trying to enlarge it in the programming, but it is like reading alphabet soup. I haven't found anything mentioning text size yet.

I is not a expert.... No
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:18 am

CB
I have discovered a mobile device button! You can increase your lettering size by doing this:

1. Go to the "Home page" listed under the Logo photo at top of the page.

2. Go to the very bottom of the "Home" page. The very last line has a list of options and the last one is "Mobile Version". Press that!!!

This will change the format for you. To return to the original version of the format, click on the 3 bars symbol at the top of the page beside the bell and press "Classic Version".

The posting box for the Mobile Version is at the bottom of the page. Just experiment with it and I can delete any goofs you make.

I think this is the answer to your problem, CB. I hope!!
Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 am

I can enlarge print, its the white background that bothers my eyes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:51 pm

I did find the mobile version of this forum on my phone, but there is still no way for me to post any messages. If I'm away from home and have something important to say, I'll just have to send somebody an e-mail to post for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:53 pm

CB:
Good to know. You can change the brightness of your phone's screen. It is too bright. I can't change that for you, but all you have go do is:

I-phone: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, that will show a slider that changes the brightness of your screen.

Or

Android phone: Swipe down from the top of the screen. There is a notification shade. Tap and pull the Brightness Slider left or right to change the intensity of your screen's brightness.

Donnie runs his I-phone on 25 percent of brightness for his eye's comfort. I like it a bit brighter than that.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:58 pm

ELLEN:
 On my Kindle, there is a reply button at the bottom of the posts on the Mobile version.  It shows "Reply" and then below it, "Message body".
 You should be able to post from there.  I did it on my Kindle this morning.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:06 pm

ELLEN:
I just logged in on Donnie's phone and it is the same as the Kindle for replying. It should work! Very Happy

We are getting ready to watch "Spider-Man 3" after cleaning the barn and settling the horses for the day. Later this afternoon we are going to go to the movies and see the latest Spider-Man show. We will have completed our Spidey Marathon now! cheers

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Woohoo! It works! Thank you for the instructions! ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:29 pm

My reply showed up on both the phone and on the computer!
I don't go places all that often, but it will be nice to be able to post wherever I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:47 pm

ELLEN:
 That's great!  I am glad it is working for you!  

I am getting more used to the new template here.  I would like a few changes, but I am not sure quite how to do them yet.  More space between posts would be nice.  Or a thicker border between posts.

I haven't posted a photo in a post yet, so here goes.....

That worked!

We have completed our Spider-Man marathon. The new movie is fun. It is amazing how they remake that story every few years without worrying too much about continuity. Spidey is now back to a younger version, but the show had a lot of funny moments, so it was good. popcorn

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:00 pm

I am asking for prayers for my neighbor, Pat. He had started the process of treating prostate cancer when the doctors wanted to rule out pancreatic cancer. They couldn't rule it out. He will have more tests to make a definite diagnosis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:53 pm

BIG prayers and hugs for PAT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:08 am

Healing thoughts and prayers for Pat.....(((((Pat and family)))))
hug

GRAYMARE
I heard about a flash flood causing the deaths of several people in AZ. That's very sad.. Is this near you?

ELLEN
I don't think our previous forum template had a mobile device option. At least, I never noticed it. I am warming up to this new template. I still don't know how to change the frilly lettering and weird photos on some things, though.

Today I had the best lesson on the foal formerly known as Speck that I have had to date! wavy We were in a groove together, on the same page, marching to the same music! ClappingHands Areion was wonderful, not a bit of a spook, and my preemptive Advil had me fairly flexible. Lori said we were a pleasure to watch...and she never said that before. Laughing I am quite sure we are usually a painful sight to behold. Today, though, was one of those rare days that make up for a lot of not so good days. It was a lot of fun, too. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JULY 2017 :-)   

Back to top Go down

JULY 2017 :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next