Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

October 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Today was a bit of a whirlwind day, but a good one. My hair was at least two weeks past needing a trim, so I took off early this morning, drove three hours, picked up my cousin who lives very close to the gal who does my hair. We visited with her for the length of my cut, then went to lunch at a place just a few miles away. Lunch was good as was evidenced by the stains on the front of my shirt.
I was planning to stop and visit the people who used to be my neighbors on the way home. The stained shirt just wasn't going to cut it, so we made a quick trip to K-Mart where I got a cheap new shirt.
Cousin and I shot the breeze for a while. Then, I headed to friends' house, and had supper with them. I wasn't the least bit hungry after the lunch I'd eaten, but I ate anyway. I am FULL.
It was a rather long day, but I enjoyed all of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 am

ELLEN:
 Thank goodness for K-Mart, Laughing .  They closed the last one near us last year.  WalMart has taken over our world.  Sounds like you had a very nice day!

RICK:
 Sorry you were sick during your trip.  What made all those folks so sick?  Was it a cold or did everyone eat the bad sushi?  
 I liked the following photo on that group you posted the link for:

Now that's a sunset I would like to see! Very Happy  

I had lessons on both Ivan and Areion yesterday.  Both horses were so cooperative! cheers  Ivan was just about as 'light' as I have ever seen him.  I barely had to touch the reins to get him to give his head.  He has always been such a bulldozer, it was really nice.   Areion and I were on the same page during our lesson!  I really think she is doing her best to do what I want,  I am the one who has been the weak link.  For once I was communicating with her in a way she could understand.  She had one minor spook when a killer leaf came zooming out of a tree toward us, but got over it quickly and we went on.  No problem with losing my balance, it was a fast spook and gone.  So I had a good time!  ClappingHands

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:33 pm

August 23 … day thirteen

We were up by 6:30AM and eating breakfast at 7:00 and then on to the theater by 8:00 to wait for the “Group 2 – lime” call to disembark the Volendam for the last time.  We had to use our ID cards so that the ship’s crew could tell who we were, etc.  Were they afraid of stowaways being left behind?? This seemed much more organized than the previous cruise excursions she had been on in the past.  As this was only my 2nd cruise, I really don’t remember much about the process being chaotic … this process here seemed very well organized and conducted in an orderly manner without being rushed.

We had actually docked in Vancouver a bit after 7:00 AM and Carol and I got to see a bit of the skyline in passing as we ate our breakfast. As you can see and surmise from these photos, Vancouver is a large, bustling, modern city:  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=harborside+photos+vancouver&qpvt=harbor+side+photos+vancouver

Since we were coming from a different country (USA), we had to go through a brief customs check as we exited the ship.  Canadian customs officers … in our experience … have all been pleasant, and efficient in the performance of their jobs.  This was no exception.

Diane had somehow managed to get ahead of our group and was able to direct us to a waiting room for our coach to arrive.  This was a very short wait and we soon loaded yet another fine coach for our journey down to Seattle, Washington, USA.

When we got to the border, we had a bit of a wait as the driver and Diane tried to get us through the crossing without much hassle.  As it turned out, we had to get off the bus and go into the customs building and present our passports and our carry-on luggage / “stuff” to go through X-Ray, etc. It really is quite different coming “home” than going into Canada.

After a short drive, we stopped stopped at a large mall in Bellingham, WA to buy lunch at the food court.  Carol was getting stuffier with her head cold and got some Afrin for that.

Our day of riding ended at the Doubletree Hotel adjacent to the airport in Seattle Washington. Click on “Photos” for what this place looked like. It was by far the nicest and largest accommodations of any place we’ve stayed … and it was right at the airport.  However, we did NOT hear any noise from aircraft. https://www.bing.com/search?q=doubletree+seattle+wa&form=EDGHPT&qs=AS&cvid=c7cd8b82fc944d599ecf774ecd3ff308&cc=US&setlang=en-US&PC=ACTS

We had our FAREWELL DINNER there with a choice of beef or chicken plus wine / hard drink if desired.  Carol made a toast: “...to NEW friends, OLD friends, great memories in spite of the weather, and to a WONDERFUL LEADER who kept us all moving in the right direction.”  Diane was fantastic.

Good night … flying home tomorrow!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

August 24 … day fourteen

We were up at 7:00 and had breakfast in the hotel dining room with new friends and left the hotel at 9:30 for a ten minute bus ride to SeaTac Airport.  We had a long wait in the bus line to get unloaded. In the meantime, Diane had gone ahead and returned to give us last minute instructions of where to go, check in procedures, etc.  

The airport was crowded and busy, but we made it through the check in procedures and security without too much difficulty or delay and our gate was right in front of us … NO long walk to a far gate!!

Boarding was on-time at 11:20AM and the long flight to Atlanta, GA left on time at noon. We did have to change planes to get back to Greensboro, NC and that was not difficult.

Did I mention earlier that Diane stayed with us all the way back to Greensboro, NC.  She said she would have a brief overnight and then would fly back to her home in Wisconsin for “a single day off” before her next trip.

We said our final good byes at Greensboro and rode home with our friends who had left their car at the airport.

Charlotte and Kima were a welcome sight for us and she had made a pot of “SWEET ICE TEA” for us.  

It is good to travel, but also very good to return home!

Good night … from home!!

I’ve saved this thought written by Carol for last,  as it is really so meaningful about our travel philosophy … and really about life itself.  I wish to thank her for the fine job she has done with her scrapbook that has been my guide in these narratives.

EXPECTATION vs REALITY
(thoughts from a seasoned traveler)

Every one of my scrapbooks has a dose of travel philosophy, whether sayings on stickers or in my own words.  Wouldn’t it be ideal if all the pieces of a trip fell into place flawlessly to make it perfect? It just doesn’t happen that way! So many factors beyond your control affect the trip, but being adaptable means enjoying things as they are, even when they are not s you had hoped they would be. This Alaskan adventure, for example, was not blessed by great weather; but rain, fog, and low clouds did not ruin our pleasure. We would love to have seen more wildlife, but we were glad we were able to see a lot.  You learn to “go with the flow”.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:46 pm

ARK: We figure that getting sick was from being "trapped" inside the bus for eight days with 48 people breathing the same air. I was about over my cold when we finally got home ... Carol went to Doc. the next day ... X-ray ... pneumonia!! Fortunately, she / we take some antibiotics when we travel for "just in case". She had started on hers before end of trip. Doc kept her on same medicine but upped the dosage. She is fine now!!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 am

Busy busy busy here in PA. It has ben raining for 2 days. YIPPEEE so happy to see some rain falling after the weeks of no rain. We were getting worried about the well and being very careful with our water. Of course, it has put a hold on the painting I wanted to get finished.

Next project..get ready for Trunk or Treat at church and set up the Veterans display for Veterans Day at church. We are going to be inside this year for Trunk or Treat after freezing ours butts off last year. Let the younger people stay outside, us old girls and guys need to be inside.

Almost finished with the stupid 911 address change nightmare. Only a handful of changes to be made. What a mess. I'm getting mail for people who don't live here and I'm sure some of our mail is going elsewhere. Some places refuse to use the new address saying it isn't a USPS address. WHAT???

Off and running this morning. Have a wonderful fall weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:01 am

Trudy, my address is a rather strange one, due to living on a lake where none of the roads run in straight lines with neat crossroads. There are a LOT of lakes around here, so they have devised a system based on Emergency Medical Service, EMS. There are spaces in my address in some odd places. If the spaces aren't in the right places, some sellers don't think it is a valid address. Whenever I order things from Ebay I always send a note to the seller that it IS a valid address and to watch the space placement.

It rained all morning yesterday, and then just stayed cloudy all day. Today is overcast too. I do hope we aren't into perma-gloom yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:36 am

Perma cold here...windy, brrrrr. We are to leave tomorrow....sunshine here i come!
tongue
We will drive to caliente tomorrow and spend nite. Hope the wild horses dont come in and cause problems. My 2 will get some exercise and then spend night in the trailer for safety.
Then sunday will find us at our campsite for next 4 months, unless jessi and joeys orders get moved up. They are going to eilelson afb fairbanks alaska....just so we can go visit them! But i hate they will be so far away.

Rick, that was a great trip. You will enjoy the memories and pics. ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 pm

RICK:
I enjoyed your trip! Thanks for posting your adventures! wavy

I saw your post on FaceBook about the horse and its' squeaky chicken. That's very funny! Unfortunately, I don't know how to transfer a video from FaceBook to here, so folks will have to go to my page there to see the video. If it was on YouTube, I could post the link here.

ELLEN:
We got your cloudy day here today. It looked like it would rain all day, but didn't. Do you like the winter without so many people or the summer with all the visitors at your lake?

CB:
Sounds too cold! We had a high of 76 degrees today, but it will be cooler tomorrow. It has been a warm autumn here. Travel safe!

I had sad news today. My favorite, and last, uncle died this morning. He had Parkinsons for the last several years and was 83 years old. He was my mother's favorite brother. There is one last sibling left, a sister who is 85, out of 12 children. My mother was number 12. He was a very good man.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 am

Ark, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. He is at peace now.

The very first day I moved here to the lake 11 years ago, two different neighbors who did not hear one another say it, each told me I would love it here in the winter. I was just a bit dubious because I knew it could be rather desolate. They each said they liked seeing the summer people go home, and enjoyed the quietness. BUT, they also liked seeing them come back in the spring to get more activity going again. They were right.
However, after spending the whole winter here last year waiting for assorted body parts to heal, I am going to try to go someplace south for at least a couple of weeks to shorten the winter. Either to El Paso where Best Friend lives, or to Florida where several other good friends and neighbors spend the winter.
Truthfully, I'm hoping for a good cold winter that gives us some good ice. I need to have some sand and stone hauled along the shore on the ice from the public easement to my beach. We haven't had good ice for the last two years.

Rick, I've known several people who did an Alaskan cruise and loved every minute of it. It was nice to read about your trip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:45 pm

ARK, very sorry over the loss of your uncle. Its extra sad when it ends the family chain.
hug

Here's one: Brother.. I met with the blah blahs today. I asked where one of the gals was.
"oh, she's in a coma waiting for death to take her". I couldn't believe my ears!
I just saw her in July after my stroke. The story is she deteriorated rapidly after a return of her cancer. She has had bouts with it for about 5 yrs. I knew nothing about it. I'm still overwhelmed. I got home and called her husband to send my concerns etc.....he explained her suffering is brutal and he expects her to die very soon. So, my request is for prayer for her, her family, and me to deal with this. I will get beyond this, but right now I'm a mess.

What a day!

God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Graymare, I'm so sorry about your friend.  I do pray for peace for her and her family, and YOU.
How is "Elbows" doing?

Another sad thing is that little Casey was sent across the Rainbow Bridge on Tuesday.  She was nearly blind, almost deaf, and got very confused.  She wasn't happy anymore.  It is extremely hard for Neighbor to lose her; he loved her sooo much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Thanks about my uncle.  He was a well loved fellow, not the least by me.  It is sad when  a lifelong fixture in one's life is no longer there.  

GRAYMARE:
 I am so sorry about your friend...  Big hugs to you and her family and friends.... hug   It is very sad.

ELLEN:
 Was this the little white dog you babysat on occasion?  I am very sorry to hear this.  How old was she?  My sister's poodle,  Snowball, ended much the same way when she was 15 years old.  

On another weird note,  my other sister, Vicki, had an eye operation a few days ago after her cataract operation a week earlier seems to have gone really wrong.  So she can't drive with one eye covered.  Then today her husband went in to have an angioplasty and ended up with a double bypass surgery.  Neither one of them will be driving for awhile. He is out of surgery and will be in the hospital at least a week.  Vicki is staying there with him.  Today was Annie's birthday, so she didn't do much in the way of celebrating.  This is three things happening in our family this week, so hopefully bad things are over for us for awhile.  I hope.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:17 am

Ark, I hope your family gets healed up well and soon. It does seem that things come in 3s sometimes, or at least cycles of things not going well for a while.

Yes, Casey was the little Maltese that used to stay with me sometimes. She was 15 years old and had deteriorated rather quickly over the last couple of months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Oh you guys. This is funny but it's not. My friend died yesterday (not a bit funny)
but this is. The state of AZ has a glitch in it's computer system and she can't be cremated
until the death certificate is signed.......the funeral home can't release the body until
they have the certificate. So, she is on ice, I guess. I don't really know. BUT, if you knew my friend, she's laughing hysterically. She has a cynical view of funerals and now she can't travel. She will some day soon. Some people in this state have been waiting 12 days.
We don't know anything. We all say the same thing........at lease she's not suffering.

We will get news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:37 pm

I can see the humor in that, but it seems ridiculous that there isn't some real person who can override the computer and get things done. You know... paper? pencil? pen? Old fashioned stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:56 am

You can't make this stuff up................ Mad

Maybe by now there's more news, I just don't know yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Nancy had this on FB and I copied it for here. I'm at Stage 8 ... no longer have a horse Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:39 am

Well here was my exciting heart stopping Sunday morning. It's a beautiful morning so I fed the cats and Ace & I are on our early morning walk thru the fields. As we get out to woods and are walking around the second circle I hear gun fire in the distance. So I start clapping, whistling and making noise so who ever is out there shooting knows we are out here (there is no hunting on Sunday here in PA). The shooting stops and we are on our way, Ace stops to poop in his favorite pooping place and his back is turned to me. He is so funny when he poops, he doesn't like me to look at him when he is pooping. LOL

So I continue on and all of a sudden about 100 feet in front of me I see a big black something walking in the field toward the woods. I'm like what the heck is that out in the field. OH OH....it takes a few seconds until my brains kicks in and starts screaming BEAR BEAR BEAR. I start walking backward and signal Ace to follow, when we get to the high weeds, we turn left and start running, I catch my foot in some dense weeds and fall down on my face. Ace goes "who hoo mom is on the ground and playing a game with me" and he leaps on me and starts licking my face. Luckily Josh had just mowed the field and the bed of weeds was soft when I landed. Nothing broken. I scramble to my feet and we run for home. It's a long run from where we were especially wearing heavy hiking boots. We burst thru the patio doors and I yell "bear bear", George starts laughing cause he thinks I am making fun of Stacy who had a bear in his driveway last week. Then I get the lecture..."where is your gun, oh that's right it's in the nightstand in the bed room cause you refuse to carry it when you walk out there." It was an all day lecture, he told everyone at church too. I won't be walking out there any time soon unless I am armed, not that the little hand gun would stop a black bear but it might scare him off..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 pm

TRUDY, talk about scary! WOW. Grin & BEAR it. LOL, that's my pun. We have bears in the mtns but I've never had a close encounter of the bear kind. Once years ago I did.
My friend (who's a jokster) yelled "Syd, watch out, there's a bear coming up the forest road".
I didn't even look because she's such a tease...............she kept saying "watch out" over & over. Well,there was one ambling up the road and it kept ambling. So lucky for me.
Glad you're OK, TRUDY.

News on my friend's death. Her husband filled out a form for her and she's not stuck.
That made me feel better. There are no follow up plans that I know of. The blah blahs will have something, I'm sure. They are a very nontraditional couple (were). Just an odd set of circumstances. I'm still sending a card to her husband from TL & me.

God bless and take care.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Graymare, I'm glad things got resolved for your friend. That would be very unsettling.

Trudy, that would make me move faster than I have in a lot of years. Depending on the handgun, you're right. It probably wouldn't stop him unless you hit in the exact right spot, but I'd sure rather be carrying one than not carrying when I met a bear. Maybe it's time for some target practice, and get Ace used to hearing it.
Is there somebody who could go check out the area to see where its normal paths are?

About 30 years ago, along with my cousins, we were camped in the Two Medicine Campground, in the forest just outside Glacier National Park. We were told that there were bears in the area evidenced by tracks, but nobody had actually seen one for quite a while. Early one morning, my cousin took his camera and went for a walk in the woods. He'd been out for a little bit when a motion caught his eye off to one side of the trail. There was something black and furry. He said is tennis shoes were getting itchy to hightail it out of there, but he got his camera cocked and ready so that if he was attacked, people would know what happened to him. Just as he was ready to leave 'town' at a high rate of speed, the black furry thing raised its head and said 'mooooo'. hysterical
Not only were there bears in those woods, there were lots of cattle and horses roaming at large.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:55 pm

This might be a bad thing. I have figured out how to make really good onion straws. It's too easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 am

GRAYMARE:
I am sorry about your friend. And what a mess for her husband to have to deal with! Glad it got straightened out. Big hugs to you and all her friends... hug

TRUDY:
Yikes! affraid affraid That is one of my fears, that I will cross paths with a bear while riding a horse. I am sure the horse won't take it well. I suspect I would shoot my horse's ears off if I had a gun and came up on a bear, though. Then I would hit the ground and be a tasty bear snack. I have heard of riders carrying 'bear spray', which is like wasp spray, but for bears. I don't know how the horse would react to that, but I doubt it would go well. And then you have to have it handy. I can't find my chapstick most of the time. I would be doomed.

ELLEN:
That is funny about that mooing bear ROFL . I fell over a sleeping black cow in the dark once. I am not sure which of us ran faster.... Once, years later, I was walking down the road with a couple of friends when one yelled that there was a bear coming towards us. Her eyesight wasn't too good, it was a big black pig.

There was frost on the pumpkins around here last night and tonight. We put a tarp over our dahlias and hope they survive for another few days.

I had a riding lesson today on Ivan and Areion. Both horses were so kind to me. I was so stiff and sore from our hill ride on Sunday that I couldn't get the cues quite right. Neither one misbehaved, sweet things....

Lori has a job offer in northern Virginia. She will probably take it....sniff, sniff.... I don't think I can find a better instructor for me and my horses.
Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 pm

We got to  camp in az, battled rain, cold wind, snow, then waRmer wind, then hot breeze, 100 yesterday...wheweee...horses r shedding again!
Campground was just lusted for sale, so may be going to tx sooner than we thought.
All is well, my phone wasnt working...pffft

Trudy, bear spray!

Graymare, sorry about ur friend.
Ark, sorry about lori moving....but you have this now, just go ride!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:18 am

Dropping in for a hello!

First of all, ARK and GRAYMARE, I'm sorry you have lost loved ones. Always a hard thing.

RICK, sounds like you are still happily travelling and living the life!

ARK, hopefully you won't lose Lori to another job.

CB, happy trails, hope the weather and the road treats you well this winter.

TRUDY, we had a small wooded acreage building lot up north about 15 years ago, and went a couple of times to camp on it. Was heading down the drive towards the road one morning and there was a bear in front of me, about 25 feet, heading in the same direction, so it never saw me. I stopped dead and turned around very quietly. Got back to the van and sat for a while inside. I was surprised at myself that I didn't get at all excited about it. The deer on that land were much more upset at us being there than the bear was. I didn't realize what kind of noise they make when sounding an alarm. Quite impressive.

ELLEN, you always have such nice family and friend times... nice to read about them. Sorry about your little pup friend.

Things tootling along all right here. Today was reunited with an old girlfriend and her mother from elementary school days. Ran into them courtesy of Facebook when she commented on the post of another friend, my last bass player's wife. For a couple of years she and I were inseparable, both horse crazy, dog-loving kids. My brother and I used to go to lunch at her house, across from the school every day. Lovely people. Then of course, girlfriend spats make everything go sideways and I never knew what it was that was the problem, so we fell out of contact. It is nice to be back in touch with them, and remember what I loved so much about them.

My father is being extremely problematic. He lives about an hour away and has compulsions and some type of dementia, at least that is what it seems. But because he is so contrary, we may never know what really is going on. He is unlikely to ever be talked into testing. Meanwhile my brother and I are doing our best with him.

Mom is holding her own, and so are we I think LOL

Hope everyone is doing well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:27 am

ELLEN: That is too funny about the bear er cow story..wish I had seen a cow instead of the bear. I get so excited when crazy things happen, I'm worried about carrying the gun and Ace is petrified of guns. A hunting dog he is NOT, he is a big fat house doggie.

ARK: I don't want to get close enough to use bear spray, 25 feet is too close ad personal for me. LOL So sorry about Lori moving away, she has been a wonderful trainer for you and a good friend to ride with. We had a bear go thru here years ago when we still had horses. They lost their minds..they refused to come up the barn for days. I walked all the way down and lead them up to the barn and the second I let go of them they were off in a cloud of dust to the bottom of the pasture field, where they stayed for days until the bear smell disappeared.

GRAYMARE: So sorry about your friend passing away. She is in a better place especially now that her family can move on and she isn't stuck in the freezer. What a terrible experience for the family.

NANCY LEE: Prayers for you and your family dealing with your dad. Not much you can do with a parent who refuses to accept help. Hang in there.

Ace almost ran into a skunk last night when he was out for his last potty break. affraid Luckily I spied the skunk first and he came the second I called him. WHEW...that could have been a not so much fun evening for both of us. Darn wild critters anyway... hysterical

I'm off to the vampires this morning. Better than the dentist. Monday I had 2 teeth filled...hopefully my last dentist visit for a long while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi Nancy, it's always so good to hear from you. It does get hard to deal with elderly parents who aren't the same mentally as they once were. We just do the best we can.

CB, I'm glad you are back where the weather is better.

Ark, if Lori does get the new job, does she know anybody who can fill in for her with you. I know you'll really miss her.

It's been a really nice several days here. No frost yet. Today was nearly perfect, about 70° and clear. The tractor started right up, which was a good thing. Its battery is getting old and I am just trying to make it last until spring when I'll get a new one. The leaves that were down on the yard are now dust.
So far, not too many of the leaves have fallen, and they aren't even changing colors much.
The cats and squirrels haven't started building much of a coat yet either.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   

Back to top Go down

October 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next