Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

October 2017

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:16 am

Sorry to hear that Nancy ... please know that we hold you in special prayers and good thoughts at this time.

You mentioned cleaning ... and I remember when my Dad passed away in 1994, it kinda/sorta fell on my shouders to do the final house cleaning/clearing so it could be put up for sale. I discovered a lot of my Mom's poetry and other treasures that he had held onto. There was some division of his tools and equipment (two tractors, etc.) that came to me and a lot of boxed up stuff. It was AFTER I retired in 2010 (first retirement out of three ...lol) that I really went thru stuff that had come from his shop to mine. I had the best feeling knowing that the old man was with me in MY shop and heard all my laughter / groans / and occasional "cussing" about stuff he had accumulated. I tell you this as I'm sure you'll experience similar feelings. It will be quite a ride!!

I hauled my LAST load of firewood transfer from my farm to the refurbished horsestalls (NOW my woodshed) and this has been a slow project this summer and fall. Last load on utility trailer is under cover and ready to be backed into basement...no need to unload it in the woodshed and then reload it when it gets cooler. My momma didn't raise all dummies Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Be safe / Stay warm / be careful...

My love to all....Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 am

Oh NANCY.............I'm sorry to read your circumstances. Prayers for you
as you get through this time.

hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Nancy, I hope the process is easier and faster than you anticipate. Losing your dad and having to finish everything is never easy. I send my prayers too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:22 pm

My post is lost....

Nancylee, hugs...so sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:55 pm

Awww, NANCY LEE.... hug I am so sorry about your dad. Try not to stress too much about the cleaning, it will get done. Stay healthy....

RICK:
Congrats on finishing the firewood loading. Whew! What a job.

Well we have news, not so good in one way, but excellent in another. The good news: Donnie didn't get killed. The bad news: our new truck did get killed. Today, on his way home from work and about 4 miles from our house, a man ran a stop sign and clipped Donnie's blue truck causing it to spin around and then go over an embankment. He rolled twice and landed about 35 feet down in a tree, which stopped him from dropping another 20 feet or so. The tree probably saved him from getting hurt, it broke off and slowed the truck down. The truck had airbags all around inside the cab and other than a red place on his neck and his earlobe is swelled, Donnie didn't get a scratch. He is getting sore now, though. The truck is totaled. As in totally totaled. It saved his life, it was a good truck. The cab's roof didn't collapse, but the wheels are all in different directions, the front and back are smashed, the windshield is broken, and it is a sad sight. But Donnie climbed out the window and is fine. We are going to get another truck identical to this one, it really was built well. Watching them haul the poor truck up that steep embankment was interesting. The guy who hit Donnie kept apologizing, but thankfully neither one was hurt, so it was hard to be anything but sad for everyone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:04 am

Wow, Ark! Thank God that Donnie wasn't hurt more seriously. I'm sure that for the next few days he will feel like he got hit by a truck. Yeah, I'd buy that same truck again since the cabin kept him safe. Even though it was his fault, I'm glad the other guy wasn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:52 am

HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

ARK: WOW Praise God that Donnie wasn't killed in that wreck. The truck sure did it's job of keeping him safe.

NANCYLEE: So sorry to hear about your fathers passing. (((((NANYCLEE)))))

RICK: A big congrats on getting your barn converted to a workshop. Funny how that works with guys. NO more horses...hmmmm what shall I do with the barn. I know a workshop.

Found out on Sunday that one of my favorite little old ladies from church passed away. Kathy was 87, every Sunday she would stop and chat with us about her cats and family. Very sad to hear that she had a stoke and passed suddenly. We were all in shock when her husband came in without her and said she has passed. Crying or Very sad

Off to the dentist this morning just for a teeth cleaning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:44 am

Wow, ARK, Donnie is lucky. Thank God for a good truck and a tree to stop him.
It's not coincidence. It's a hard way to decide a new truck is in order. I hope he feels well soon
and all soreness disappears.

TRUDY, Sorry for your loss of another friend. It''s hard as we face these losses.

No news here. Went to McD's yesterday w one of the blah blahs. Then went
to breakfast at another restaurant w another group of friends from up north.
Then did shopping. The day was too busy, but fun. Today is a mane pulling day.
Simple.

Bye for now. God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:01 pm

TRUDY:
 I am very sorry about your friend's passing..... hug  ....

GRAYMARE:
 Your day was more fun than ours!  Happy mane pulling day!  I never do that, thankfully Arabs, Andalusians and minis don't require it.   I am not sure about TWHs, but we don't pull Daisy's mane either.

Donnie stayed home and made calls to insurance people about the truck.  Thankfully the guy who hit him has insurance.  Donnie is very sore and his ear and part of his neck are swelled a little, so off to the doctor we went.  He had about 30 x-rays made with a possibility of a cracked jawbone.  Hopefully not.  He may have hit the headrest when the truck flipped twice.   We will get the report tomorrow.   Our insurance adjuster went to see the truck and declared it totally totaled.  He said he was surprised Donnie walked away from it after the wreck.  
 The truck was only one year old.  I hope we don't get taken to the cleaners getting it fairly replaced.  The place we bought it from has been alerted to finding us another one, they are probably happy.   We are going in the morning to get a rental vehicle and to get our tags off the poor truck before it is hauled away to truck heaven.  We highly recommend the Chevy Colorado diesel,  it really did a good job protecting Donnie.  We'll get pix tomorrow of it.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:42 pm

Ark, it sounds like maybe the truck problems will be resolved rather quickly, assuming they can find another one like you want. I hope that Donnie's soreness will begin to ease by tomorrow. Years ago, I was in a little fender bender and had a huge bruise across my hip and shoulder where the seat beat held hard. I was sore from that, so I can only imagine how sore Donnie is after being bounced around like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:05 pm

How is Donnie feeling today?
Any news on finding a new truck? Can they take the hitch off the wrecked truck to put on the new one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 pm

ELLEN:
 Donnie feels like he got hit by a truck today, he is sore all over.    I think he will be okay, though.  We haven't gotten the x-ray results back yet, but the swelling on his ear is going down and he doesn't think anything is broken.    I hope.  
 We just got the rental car and been to say goodbye to our former little blue truck.   We got the tags off of it and they can haul it away now.  The  trailer hauling parts were built into the truck, except the ball, which we got back.   Such a nice truck.
 We went to the dealer where we bought it and they have found us another one about 350 miles away that they will bring in.  It is a 2017 model, same color, with all the same bells and whistles and an added feature, a step to get into the truck.  I have wanted one of those since having hip issues.  I had just bought seat covers for our truck for Donnie's birthday, but we hadn't installed them yet, so hopefully they will fit the new truck.  
  Donnie and the appraiser have come to an agreement on the price of the wrecked truck, so we should be able to get this all taken care of in the next week or so.   The insurance company only wants to pay for 2 weeks of rental car costs, so this will probably get accomplished fast.  
 We took pix of our poor lamented truck:

That is part of a tree stuck thru the truck that it landed on. It kept Donnie from going another 20 or more feet down the embankment .
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:57 pm

On that happy note, it is time to change the calendar. Go to:

http://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t74-november-2017#9791

Or go to "Basket" and click on November 2017.

October is done and over with. Finally. Good riddance! Happier days are ahead!! See you there.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2017   

Back to top Go down

October 2017
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4