Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2017

Go down 
+4
cb
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

November 2017 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 10:11 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLEN and many more.

:dance:

hug
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Thank you. It has been a quiet, but pleasant day. One cousin sent me a card with a photo of a horse 'smiling'. I asked her if that was a hint that I was getting long in the tooth. She has a very good sense of humor, but she missed that one. I thought it was funny that I got her on it. hysterical
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 12:52 am

November 2017 - Page 4 20292710  ELLEN !
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 1:00 am

Happy, happy Birthday Ellen, and best wishes for many more! :dance: Yes, I most certainly saw the race today, I am totally elated that Martin Truex won both the race and the CHAMPIONSHIP! He was so happy, he shed tears a lot of the time throughout all the post race interviews and Jr. was so happy for his friend!!!

GM, I agree with ARK, you should a very close eye on your horses! Padlocks are good!

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 1:20 am

ELLEN:
Hope you had a fabulous birthday! :dance:
If you could send me a photo and details about your saddle, I will give it to Lori, who knows lots of horse people. Actually, she just told me this week that her English saddle no longer fits her horse, so she may be in the market for one herself. Her saddle doesn't fit Areion, either, but is okay on Ivan. Areion and I have got to lose a bit of weight. She needs to lose about my entire weight... Rolling Eyes

BEECH:
Wow, that is very generous of you! Thank you...I hadn't thought about an Australian saddle for Areion. Did you enjoy riding in it? Donnie loved his on Daisy, but that one is so heavy, I never used it much. I tried it on Ivan once, but it didn't suit him. Areion is much larger, and wider, than Ivan. Do you know its size? Any details would be appreciated, I think I need to research the idea. Synthetic is great, I am not into cleaning leather much anymore. Thank you again, you are too generous and we may have to discuss that further... I love you

CB:
Happy Thanksgiving! It's great you got to see your grandson!

So what's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Donnie and I are staying home. I bought turkey thighs to bake. They are my favorite part of the turkey and I don't feel like dealing with a big bird.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 pm

I like darker meat too....i doubt if i ever cook a whole turkey again....its great to just fux the part we like.

Its nice knowing gs kyle is safer back on home soil....he likes being in the states again, too!

Trying to settle in and arrange camper to stay for a few months. We can shower insude jessis, so i can stack lots in my camper shower, lol. Its quite large for truck camper shower.
Going to fix turkey sandwiches for brunch...love leftovers. Yum.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Great news on Kyle, CB. I'm sure you're happy. So glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
How are your horses?

I don't have to worry about Eli. The gang of horsemen the guy is in are reputable.
He's just a young adult hotshot, not a candidate for Eli.

Everyone have fun getting ready for the holiday.......... affraid
It will turn out great.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

When I wrote this afternoon, I forgot to say hi to BEECH. It's good to know you're
fine. It's starting to get cold up there. DO NOT RUN OUTSIDE IN THE FRONT YARD IN YOUR
NITEY. If you choose to do that, MAKE SURE someone takes photos. Laughing Laughing

We miss you. Good to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 3:11 am

Oh, that's funny, GM! Actually I WAS outside in my nightgear just a couple of mornings ago --hanging laundry from my back deck. (The days are so short now, and the sun at such a low angle, I ran the clothes through the machine the night before and sneaked them out onto the line first thing, before showering or dressing, so they could have all day to dry.) So somebody SHOULD'VE gotten a pic of me in summer sandals wearing a big winter jacket on over my ears-to-ankle fleece nightgown. Maybe they did ??? It would've been a doozy. lol!

ARK - I don't know beans about saddles but I'll try to get some more measurements on that one tomorrow. I took up riding late and began on a lovely English-made leather dressage saddle I'd been given; that was fine for all the years I had with my dear quiet horse #1 (he was actually #2, but that's another story), but not with his hotter successor, so I tried other saddles: a western that was too small, a leather Aussie that was monstrous heavy, and, finally, the synthetic Aussie. What I really should've done was get more training for both the horse and myself, or another horse, but by then I was all tied up with parent care and moving and other matters, not riding all that much, and lacking horsey friends, so it's hard for me to say whether the synthetic Aussie was a success for me. I seem to recall that, while I'd felt quite comfortable and secure in the leather Aussie, I was disappointed not to get that same feeling in the synthetic. I know it didn't prevent me from getting bucked off more than once when I did ride; it may even have been the cause of the bucking, though my untrained eye could see nothing wrong. I still have the dressage saddle, plus another synthetic English in addition to the synthetic Aussie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLEN!

Still working on that woodpile.

Temp outside 30.6 at 1 a.m.

Time to slip back into that comfy fleece nightgown.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN Sorry it's a little late. Hope it was a wonderful birthday.

I am making Thanksgiving dinner this year. The first time in many years, we usually go out with friends of ours but after last years awful food and expensive price, I decided I'll make a small turkey and the trimmings and they can come here. Our kids all go separate ways and we don't feel like traveling to Kevin's (he is having his very first Thanksgiving feast) soooooooo I'm cooking this year.

Plus the barn cats will be happy, they will have lots of left over turkey to chow down on.

BEECH: You & I would make a great team, outside in the early morning in our bathrobes with winter coats over top. I always dash across the road and pick up my neighbors newspaper, the new crazy paper person just throws their paper on the wet ground, even though I have called over and over about it and so has my neighbor (they are in their 80's and their paper is important to them).

Off to Bible study this morning then a meeting with my team leader about the teams Christmas party.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Ark, after Thanksgiving, I'll get some pictures of my saddle and send them to you.

I hope everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and overeats as much as you want. I'll go to my cousins' for tomorrow and probably a couple of days after.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, safe travel, lots of great food!

How about this one.....ive had kidney stones for awhile, finally broke down went to doctor. Sent me for cat scan. Got signed in at hospital, walked to radiology, felt reaalllly hot, made it to their checkin desk and passed out....the p
ain was gawdawful...
They caught me, got me in a wheelchair...got the scan, have kidney infection....ouch, massive antibiotics....shot form, now tablets, horse pills.....couldnt oass the dang thing without going for a scan, ono....still in lot of pain tho.....
But i think ill live!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Neighbor Pat has kidney stones too. He wound up in the ER last Sunday. I've heard repeatedly about the pain they cause. I'm really hoping not to experience that first hand. I really hope you start feeling better really fast.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 1:00 am

CB:
 Ow.  So sorry about those kidney stones.  Will they break them up or just wait for you to pass them.  It doesn't sound like a very nice way to spend Thanksgiving.... hug

ELLEN:
 Sorry about Pat's kidney stones, too.  Poor guy.  He sure has his share of health issues.  
 Have a great time at the cousins!!  

We went to Lowes today and bought a new dishwasher.  Ours has been dying a slow death for awhile and is now leaking.  We found one we like with Black Friday prices!  So we don't even have to face the crowds on Friday... wavy   We'll pick it up on Monday.  

Don't forget:

November 2017 - Page 4 10710610
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 3:48 am

ARK- I haven't forgotten the saddle --been caught up today in the every-day : dishes, grocery shopping, Wednesday-afternoon tea at the library, making a pie tonight for dinner elsewhere tomorrow. I'll borrow a plan from ELLEN: take some pics of my saddle and send them along after Thanksgiving.

Taking that pie (it's blueberry, and filled as well with all the sunshine and sweet breezes of my July picking) to a public communal dinner for those without families being staged in a little local church by a friend. She doesn't know for sure how many will be attending but she's guessing maybe 50. I'll be going with three friends from town and am really looking forward to it--guessing (well, yes, hoping) that there'll be still more friends there, too. Much better than my other option -- a 100-mile round trip to dine at a fancy-Dan restaurant down on the coast with older friends from away. Nothing wrong with them or it - I'm just a homebody who likes to keep it simple. And what a community here! I keep being amazed and appreciative at having lucked into it.

I got that wood pile done, by jingles! Every last stick! Whoopeeeee!

Hugs to you, CB.

Safe trip, ELLEN.

Hope all have a fine turkey day! ClappingHands

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 7:51 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FRIENDS.

CB: AWWWWW so sorry to hear about your kidney stones. That'll put a damper on your Thanksgiving Day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, safe travels & good food and good friends and family to spend time with today.

I am thankful to call you guys my friends. Love & prayers for all...
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

ARK, I got my scales turned back..............LOL

CB, hope you pass that stone quickly.

I met with some of the blah blahs yesterday. One had to put her dog down a week or so ago. She
bought a sign that says "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they
are." She went to the pound and got a new dog. A little piece of inspiration....................

I thought it was a beautiful thing to read and see. Of course, I don't know how people live
without dogs.

Everyone have a good day. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 pm

Already had our turkey day when kyle could be here. And the grd daughters too. Today its cornbread and chili...we r in akickback watch movies day.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Guess the stones r small enuf they should all pas....ugh....wait and see.

Cold last nite, 70s today
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 6:16 pm

SNOOP reports that once upon a time: GRAYMARE had a lady friend who had a bunch of company coming for Thanksgiving, so the friend had put a 20 pound turkey in the oven and went to church.
While she was in church, Graymare sneaked in, substituted a small Cornish game hen for the turkey and then took the turkey to her own house to continue the cooking process. When the lady came home from church and found the Cornish game hen where she'd expected a large turkey she totally freaked out. I guess when she calmed down and was presented her turkey nicely cooked she had to admit it was a good joke.

Note: We DO have to give Graymare for finishing cooking the big bird!!

Unvarnished truth, of course ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 12:50 am

Who is cowgaluk...newest member? Hey hey hey...errr hay hay hay, this ol cow would like to know.

9 pm finds us all in bed....went to penneys with jessi today for some sales....

Dinner....chili, cornbread, apple cobbler with ice cream....
Had the big dinner last sat when kyle and girls were here.
Just kickin back today.....nice. feeling better than i was, thankful for that.
Hooe all foops and foopettes had a wonderful day.
Sweet dreams....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 2:29 pm

CB:
 Don't know who she is. I emailed her to welcome her, but asked her to email me back so we can tell it isn't spam.  Haven't heard back yet.   I'll give her awhile, then delete her if she doesn't contact me.  I didn't know they had cow gals in the U.K.!  It would be an interesting perspective on the horsey world.

We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving at home.  I only baked two turkey thighs, so they are gone, but I have enough dressing and greenbean casserole to last a week.    One great thing about Thanksgiving and Christmas is that the traffic on our road diminishes to almost nothing.  Since our road became a thru road, the traffic has gotten increasingly bad.  It is nice to have such quiet outside.  

We just got in from cleaning the barn.  Ivan and Areion were up on the hill.  When we got done, I yelled Ivan's name just once and he and Areion came at a dead run to the barn.  I love that.  No begging for them to come down the hill or I will have to go get them.  They got a nice treat for their consideration... Drool

Lori took this photo after our ride last week.  I was very happy with Areion! My baby has grown up!

November 2017 - Page 4 Areion10
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 6:01 pm

After three days of eating too much and doing too little, it is going to be a shock to my system to go back to the usual routine. We have eaten too much, stayed up too late, slept too late, and watched too much college football, and had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 7:09 am

ARK:  What a great photo of you and Areion.

Our Thanksgiving went well.  Good food, good friends and family.  Today I can rest and not cook anything.  I forgot how much work a Thanksgiving meal actually is.  Now I remember why we always went out.   ROFL

Son Kevin, his wife and her parents came up yesterday and George made turkey noodle soup.  The turkey is all gone.  YEAH...I am not a turkey lover.  The barn cats sure do and they are eating well.

I had to to update to the new AOL Gold.  It is awful..since I can't get George to change to a new server, I'll have to adjust to it.  It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.  It's like going back in time to the first AOL edition.  

Stacy had his bank card skimmed at a local gas station for $890. affraid So sad that people steal. Kev said the skimmers are so small no one even knows they are in the machines and they can read them from 30 feet away so they rarely get caught.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 10:00 am

About 3 years ago, I suspect that is what happened with my debit card. They made 3 fast purchases and tried a fourth one before my bank alerted me. I called the bank immediately and the card was instantly frozen. Less than 24 hours later I had a new card and all charges were removed from my account. I hope Stacy had a similar experience with his bank.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Back from church and watching a special on National Parks. Boring but restful. Very educational.

RICKSTER, thank Snoop for the idea. I can't pull that off down here in the valley but I can do something like that in the mountains. I think I'll pull the switch with the neighbor's ice cream.
She buys the 3 gal size and keeps it stored in a freezer outside in a shed. I'll buy a pint
and switch it. I'll make a big deal about about 5-6 coming for ice cream some evening.....
Snoop has some good ideas.

It sounds like everyone is home and recuperating from the holiday............thank goodness all are safe.

God bless. Prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 am

Ark, what a great morning. I weighed in 10 lbs less today than I did last week.

lol! ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2017   November 2017 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2017
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next