Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2017

Go down 
+4
cb
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 11:30 pm

santa It's DECEMBER 2017 ! santa

December 2017 23844810

I guess I should think about putting up our Christmas tree.....
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 pm

It's that time of year again!  I am not even started on presents this year.  We do have our outside lights on the house done, which is amazing, we never get that done early.  We are going to try to get our tree up this weekend.  

ELLEN and BEECH:
 Thanks so much for sending the saddle photos!  I wish I could use one of them, but they just aren't going to work for me.  I thought I would post a photo of each in case someone else might be in the market for a saddle and would be interested in seeing yours.  Both look like very nice saddles.

So if anyone who doesn't usually post, but reads here, and needs more info, contact me and I will send you the info I have. Or you can contact ELLEN or BEECH yourself if you have their emails.

December 2017 Beechs10
BEECH's Australian saddle

December 2017 Ellens10
ELLEN's English saddle
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 11:59 pm

Ark, I don't know the size of the tree. It fit my 16 hand TB mare very well. It did not work on a round barreled Quarter Horse. It did work well on another Quarter Horse that had more withers. I always used a standard double fleece pad under it and never had any problems with sore backs. It is equivalent to the Crosby Prix de Nation, close contact.
If Lori is interested, tell her to make an offer.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 4:45 pm

I'm here............nothing to say.

I've got to bake some cookies for the neighbors. Watch my speed. LOL
Brother, I'm not in the mood but time is moving on. I've got the tree up and the little tree in the family room, some wrapped presents and have gifts sent. Can't force myself to
start baking. I'm not sure why except it's another chore to be done.

It's a lovely day today.............think I'll go do manes.

See you later............God bless.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Im here, too. Nothin shakin tho...
Got ild flooring toen up room oainted and bought the new flooring to put down. Trying to get that room done before jessis hubby gets home from tdy to england on friday...gonna gave to scurry!

Weather too warm to think xmas...had fans on all night...

I get to watch Harper while jess and H do floors....i think they have easy job. This kid is a runner! Huff and puffin granny here.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 12:35 am

I plan to make some cookies too, but I want to get some sewing done and the tree put up before I start the cookies. hmmm Wonder if I'll get all that done in the next three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 4:57 pm

Well....I plan to eat cookies. Someone has to do it for all you folks who are making them! Just trying to do my part....rendeer

It is such a pretty day here today. December has come in like a lamb. We just got the barn and barnlot cleaned up after grocery shopping in town. Horses are down there snoozing in the sun. Lori is coming tomorrow afternoon for a lesson, so they had better enjoy their lazy day today.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Today was gorgeous, and I think tomorrow will be. We had better enjoy the next two days. Day 4 is going to see the bottom start dropping out of the thermometer. I'm not looking forward to that. If Thursday and Friday's temperatures continue, we might start seeing some ice on the lake. The last few boats will have to be pulled out very soon. There are always a few diehards that want to fish one more time before the ice comes in.

I spent part of today sewing coaster inserts. It took a while to get the design just the right size to fit the coaster blanks. I think I have the system worked out so I can make more of them faster.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 7:53 am

ARK: I LOVE that kitty Christmas Tree card. So funny.

I had a strange experience and want to share a little of it with you. I had one of those scam calls from my grandson telling me he had been in a accident and was in jail and needed my help. Because Anthony is always in some sort of trouble, I assumed it was him. He put the "police officer" on the phone to talk to me and the "police officer" told me that my grandson could be bonded out of jail for ONLY $9,900.00. When I said "NO, I do not have that kind of money", he became very abusive, saying weird things about President Trump and me that I won't go into here. When I started yelling and swearing and asking him for his name, badge number, supervisor, phone number at the station, he said my name is Paul Bart, I had to think for minute, I know that name, that's that stupid movie with Kevin James. Paul Bart Mall Cop.

George came running into the kitchen, just as I hung up the phone, he thought I was fighting with one of the kids. Later I spoke to my brother and his wife had gotten one of those phone calls too, so did my 85 year old neighbor. Luckily they are smart older ladies and didn't fall for the scam either. Be careful everyone. The bad guys are out there and they are after our money, especially this time of year. So sad what our world has become, watch your backs.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Paul Bart ROFL . Couldn't the guy think of any other name? And did he think that yelling at you would produce money for him? Sheesh. This sort of thing happened to the mother of Donnie's immediate boss, too. Only she fell for it and paid out several thousand dollars. Such creeps that prey on grandmothers' love of their grandchildren....

Lori is coming for a lesson, I had better get my act in gear....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 6:13 pm

I have a new obsession. ROFL There is something called Glitterflex, which is glitter well glued onto a thin vinyl fabric. I'm sewing snowflakes on the stuff and putting it in coaster blanks. They are so sparkly and easy to make. It's fun!
I know you were all just dying to know about Glitterflex. hysterical Have I started my tree yet? Of course not. Have I made any cookies yet? Nope. Have I made coasters? Yep. 12 of them... so far. I see many more in my future.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 3:05 pm

28 by 30 room painted, bew flooring down, just need the floor moulding strips down yet. Joey comes home friday, they will start the living room next. Then he leaves in january for 6 weeks again, crazee. He will get home toward end of february, they go to alaska to buy new house in march whilst we have harper the spoiled fastest kid on 2 feet who talks up a storm and favorite word is "no".  Oh boy....
Got in the 30s last night, be there for next week, but highs 48 to 70...so not complaining.
Gds will be here this weekend, be much noisier round here!

Not much else shakin....pretty quiet.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Texas to Alaska will sure be a shock to their systems. Lots of warm coats, hats, mittens, and boots coming up.
Two year olds are busy little creatures, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Well, I'm baking today. I'm eating, too. Well, there ya go. A regular piglet.

Boy, TRUDY, what a mess. I don't answer the phone for unknown numbers.
Bar none. Yes. I'm afraid of what's on the other end. My friends are easy to recognize.
And, I check messages if I don't recognize a number, so I don't answer scam calls.
I can answer as I wish. I haven't had any problems sine I've practiced that.

Glad you're having fun chasing Harper CB.............I'll bet you're worn out, but having fun, too.

ARK, Have fun with your lesson today.............

ELLEN, haves fun playing in the glitter...................

God bless. Prayers for ALL.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Chilly in texas and steady medium drizzle...40 for hi. Brrrr.
I guess it is chilly in az too i hear....batten down the hatches, make soup, build a fire (if ya dont live in an rv) and watch tv.
I was sick all day yesterday ugh....the pups and i are curled up in bed heater on....take it easy today.....ahhhhh.

Tomorrow grocery day, dump the tanks day, maybe lil shopping too.  
geek
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Here's one:

Two young boys in our neighborhood came by this afternoon wanting to take our
trash cans to the curb every week. and return them the next afternoon.......for $10
a month. I'll spring for it and try it as they are "entrepreneurs"..LOL

I admire t hat they thought about it and came up with an idea...........We'll see. I'm
guessing they're 9-10.

rendeer rendeer santa santa
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 pm

Graymare, the boys have a good idea. If they do yours and a few other neighbors, they could have a nice little business for a while.
I need them here. Very Happy Yesterday, I knew it was Tuesday and that it was trash day. Then I got busy doing other things before getting dressed. I heard the trash truck coming, so I dashed around and grabbed the bag from the can and got to the door in time to see them go on by. They always stop two houses over, so there I am, still in my bathrobe chasing them up the street. I was laughing and the kid came to meet me was smiling. He and the driver were probably laughing hysterically about the old lady in the bathrobe trying to run up the street.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Ellen, made me smile! Smile

Rained all day tuck....my poir camper floor, a hubby and dogs makes for wet floor....have small rug down, not doung its job, got the mop out....

Pretty quiet.....kids coming tomorrow....that will liven things up.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Legs weak?   December 2017 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 11:43 pm

So I am officially back in the saddle. My cowpony (Jack) is so great for this old lady rider (who never wants to break any more parts, lol) and I only have one small problem. I tried vainly to get Jack into a little jog. I squeezed my legs onto him as strong as possible, best I got was an animated walk!!! Laughing Robin rode him last weekend and he responded the best. Could it just be I cannot squeeze hard enough? Any and all suggestions are welcome! I'm going to try a crop next time it's warm enough to ride (big sissy warm weather rider here, gotta be at least 55 and no wind). I only plan on tapping his backside and squeeze at the same time! The good boy will stand right next to the mounting block for me to get on and off. Have I said how much I truly love Cadillac Jack hug

I haven't gotten the Christmas spirit yet but I have crocheted 10 dishcloths and will start the quilted potholders tomorrow and several no sew blankets soon. All easy projects but folks seem to love them!

ELLEN, I am absolutely delighted that Truex, Jr. is the Champion! He sure earned and deserved it!

Hugs all around!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 am

GRAYMARE:
What smart little boys! That is a great idea for a kid job. Wish they were here, Laughing .

ELLEN:
We missed our trash day a couple of weeks ago. They come at the horrible time of 7a.m. Who gets up and takes out the trash at 7 a.m.? Not me. Donnie does it...usually. I bet the guys enjoyed your trash dash! ROFL

CB:
Hope you get to feeling better!

ROSE:
Congrats! wavy I knew you would get back in the saddle. I suspect a crop would help. I only have to wave one once a year or so and Ivan says "Yes Ma'am." Arabs are nice that way. Lori will carry one on Areion, but I don't. I am not sure I would live. affraid

My lesson would have been good the other day if my darn hip issue hadn't gotten worse. This time it was in the hip joint, not that muscle that has been giving me fits for 2 years. Ivan ran my knee into a tree several weeks ago and now my hip joint isn't happy. Same leg as the muscle. Donnie says I should just ride a side-saddle. Rolling Eyes He has a point.

He is getting me a 'Hit-Air' riding vest for Christmas. It is one of those vests that blow up when you leave the saddle unexpectedly and protects your neck, ribs and back. The vest I have is thick and hot and uncomfortable, the Hit-Air is thin and lightweight. It has good reviews from riders who crash and burn a lot.... I think Donnie would like to keep me around for awhile longer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 1:48 am

Rose, try aski f wirh voice at the same time or maybe a small nudge kick instead of squeeze, he may think you are trying to hang on when you tighten ur legs.....
Glad u r back on top.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 am

Ark, I have a life jacket that blows up like that with the pull of a cord. (Indiana law says you have to have a life jacket if you are on a jet ski.) There are some that will inflate automatically when they get wet. I didn't want that kind. It is soooo much more comfortable than the traditional life jackets, and I have several different ones.
The funny part was when Travis surprisingly hadn't seen one. Without knowing what it would do, he pulled the cord and the thing blew up in his hands. The expression on his face was worth the cost of a new CO2 cartridge. Surprised

By the way, it's snowing this morning.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 am

ELLEN:
I would love to have seen Travis' face when that vest blew up ROFL .

We are getting an extra CO2 cylinder because I suspect I will forget to detach the cord from the saddle while dismounting at least once. At $25 a pop, I doubt I forget to detach it twice! affraid Hopefully the horse won't freak at the sight and sound of me turning into a Michelin Man and leave for the next county.

I have no idea what to get Donnie for Christmas. I just ordered an Echo Dot, something I don't have a clue how to operate, but I hope he likes it. It looks like an interesting toy, at least. There are bigger ones that do more things, but if he doesn't like the small one, he probably wouldn't like the bigger one. If you want to see Saturday Night Live's take on these Echo devices, go to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvT_gqs5ETk
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Ark, check Ebay for the cartridges. I found them there for $14 - assuming that your vest requires the same size as mine. Like yours, there are life jackets that attach to the jet ski or boat so that if there is separation, they will instantly inflate. I've seen motorcyclists and bicyclists who wear them too.
After that first time when Travis pulled the cord, I haven't need any others. Since I have other life jackets, I can wait to get another cartridge if I lose the one I have. There isn't all that much difference in the initial cost of the jacket, so on the rare occasion that I use a cartridge, it's worth it to have a jacket that is comfortable to wear. I'm mostly a chicken, so it isn't all that likely that I'll fall off the jet ski and not be able to swim. I like to go fast in straight lines, not like the kids who love doing all kinds of crazy things on them.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Oh criminy, brrrrrrrrrrrrr. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

December 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2017   December 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2017