Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

January 2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:05 am

CB, I'm really glad to hear that Harry is home and doing well.

We didn't get very much snow, maybe a quarter inch. It's getting really cold here tonight with a strong wind added to the mix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:01 am

CB:  So happy to hear that Harry is home and doing OK.  Keeping you guys covered in prayers.  Nope I have not decided on taking over the leadership role at church, but my heart tells me I am going to accept.  When God calls us to step outta our comfort zone, there is a reason He is calling.  I already do most of the work for the meetings so it won't be a big change anyway, I'll just have the title to go along with the work I already do.

BEECH:  I have not watched the actual burial of my horse friends either.  Too traumatic for me.  I stay until that very moment and then walk thru the fields back to the house.  They aren't there any longer after their last breath.  I have never watched the actual burial of my human family members either.  We all do what our minds allow us to do.

ARK:  We had our daughter in laws Guinea Pig in our old freezer for months because of the frozen ground and snow here in PA, then they had a funeral in the spring.  He was more like a dog than a Guinea Pig.  Chip is buried with the cats.

We had a fun night, howling rain and wind.  I couldn't sleep so I went down stairs (thank God), it was raining into the living room thru the window, dripping onto the carpet.  Dodged a bullet there and managed to get it stopped and saved the drapes and carpet.  Snow and ice out there now.  Weird after a day of 65 degrees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:11 pm

What matters the most to our horses is how we cared for them when they were with us, and i think all our animals are lucky to have any of us as owner....altho sometimes i wonder who owns whom.
Hubby sleeps a lot, i hope its only catching up from being in hospital....its hard to rest in there. 
We got a tiny storage unit as we have a few things in jessis shed, they list their house in feb
He has a doctors appt on 22nd and then we will move on to a lil warmer camping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   Yesterday at 1:07 am

CB:
I had a friend who was sad for horses because she thought they were slaves. ROFL Not my horses, I am the slave who cleans up after them, feeds them, cares of them, and asks for just a little of their time to carry me around once in awhile. She didn't own horses, obviously.

TRUDY:
I am sure you will enjoy the new position! At least you will have the title to go along with the work. Congrats!
wavy

Cold all weekend. Horses have blankets on again. It has been an extra cold winter so far, well below the average temps. I am ready for spring. Next weekend we get a little break, it is going to be up to 60 degrees!!!! Maybe I will get on a horse.

I am having lunch with the horseback Christmas carolers tomorrow, that will be fun. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   Yesterday at 2:01 pm

ARK, I ride in spurts...........I work the colt 3-4 days in a row and then
don't ride again for 4-5 days or more. He's coming along well.
He's easy peezy.

At my church we had a birthday lunch at a restaurant for January birthdays. I counted too many and gave a card to a February birthday.
So, we had fun laughing about that. We have a great group and a good time. We've made a .com site that we communicate through
and that seems to work out. Our mountain church is different and we've had several ill this winter. We have to pray for them.

As for the blah blahs, they're the same...........all still arguing to have their way. We're a riot...............

No other news here.

God bless. Everyone have a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   Yesterday at 6:51 pm

Today has been a post card looking day. It has been falling ALL day with no wind. There are about 3 or 4 inches on the ground. It isn't quite as cold, and the snow makes it pretty.
Big surprise... Travis has been playing with his snowmoblles out on the ice. He has three of them out there now. He has to go south for a week of training, starting in a couple of days. It's gonna kill him to leave the snow. Laughing
It was a good day to stay in the house and make bread. It turned out well this time. I just can't resist cutting off the heel of a loaf and smearing butter all over it and eating it while it's still so hot. It will go well with the chili I'm going to have for supper.

CB, did you leave your other camper in Tucson? I forgot what you did with it.
I hope Harry is continuing to do well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2018   

Back to top Go down

January 2018
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4