Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

MARCH 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:33 am

Today I drove to Blacksburg for lunch with a friend, the snow was still on the ground in most places.  I got out of the restaurant a couple of hours later and the snow was gone!  It warmed up to about 50 degrees and melted almost all the snow.  The wind is howling, though, making it a lot less fun than it could be.  

I just repaired one of ThunderPuff's Bunny Socks.  He tends to leave them where the dog might find them and the dog did.  The poor Bunny Sock was in ratty shape, one leg pulled off, his face nearly ripped off,  and his sock body torn pretty badly.  ThunderPuff loves those socks, but terrifies them by tempting the dog with their imminent demise.  I probably pick them up in the kitchen and throw them back into the bedroom five times a day.  T-Puff brings them back.  Anyway,  the Bunny Sock is mended and feeling all better now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am

I guess Shadow needs his own Bunny sock since he keeps taking Thunderpuff's.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, but not very warm. It's cold this morning, but there is promise for a warmer weekend. Yesterday, I saw a couple of guys out fishing for muskie. They were dressed for the Arctic; the wind was cold. I always see lots of fishing, but very little catching.
Muskie is not a fish for eating, but fun to catch. They are HUGE, 4 to 5 feet long, and they live in the deepest coldest part of the lakes. Most catch them, yell and cheer, take pictures, and then release them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:39 am

ELLEN:
I bet those guys are fun to watch while they catch a fish.
Shadow actually has way more toys than ThunderPuff. Shadow likes fabric toys that he carefully demolishes, stuffing everywhere, squeakers scattered, toy parts all over the house. He isn't supposed to bother the Bunny Socks, but temptation gets to him occasionally. They are fabric. Luckily, Shadow doesn't extend his fabric destruction to furniture or shoes. His own bed suffers, though. When we first got him, we bought him a very nice fluffy bed that he totally took apart.

Pretty day here except for the wind. It felt much colder than it should have.

I have been teaching Areion to take her bit without giving so much trouble. Lori gave me "homework". I started with a thin rope for one lesson, progressed to a fat rope for the second and third lessons, and today we graduated to the bit. She took it easier than she has ever done before! We are going to have to work more on it, she forgets to drop the bit occasionally and then slings her head upward. But she is better and is taking the bit easier. Lori should be happy. I stopped training Areion for the most part when Lori took on the job, so some things got skipped. Bridling easy was one of them. Areion will get it soon. Ivan is very good about both taking the bit and dropping it to remove it. I need to work more on other things with Areion, too, like obstacles and such. She is a smart horse and is learning to work for those treats. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I wonder how long it takes for the green to wear off of that horse. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:58 am

Happy day after St. Patrick's Day.  St. Patrick's Day is my favorite day, not only am I Irish, it's the day I bought my little Paint horse Maxx.  I miss him so...I think of him every St. Patrick's Day and what fun we had together.

Thanks again for all the great info about the cataract surgery.  I'm sure it will go well and all my fears will be for nothing but being a old worry wart I am fuss and fret about things that I have no control over.

I was awaken by my doggie who thinks he is a wolf alarm clock.  I told him that we like to be awaken by people singing, not dogs howling like a wanna be wolf.  He just ran to his food dish and smiled at me.  He is a crazy dog.  If there is a way to get food Ace will figure it out and use it.

ARK:  Love the photo of Thunderpuff and the sock bunny.  So cute.  My Sassy cat had a thing for socks, if anyone left their socks laying around she would have them in a flash, carry them around and fight with them. She was such a funny cat.  She also had a thing for George bedroom slippers, she would put her front feet in the slippers and lay on them.

BEECH:  Looks like another snow storm is headed our way and then onto you.  What a crazy winter this has been for snow storms.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:51 pm

It is a beautiful day outside, and here I am with a cold staying inside.  Boo hiss. This is the first cold I've had in 5 years and had forgotten how miserable the first couple of days always are.  

More boats are appearing on the lake this weekend.  When more of the docks are installed, there will be a lot more boats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Trudy's Cat, Sassy!   Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:58 pm

This is from TRUDY!  Her cat Sassy and George's slippers:

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Sassy has definitely claimed those slippers for herself. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:00 pm

Tomorrow is spring..........it's been spring here for quite awhile so heat
will start before too long, prob real heat in Aug monsoons with humidity. Heat is one thing, humidity is another. It's wicked.

So, I'm wishing all of you a happy equinox.............put on a happy face,
spring & summer are coming.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:40 am

At 12:15 today, spring will be here. I wish it felt like it. It's still cold and rather windy. Doesn't feel much like spring, although my tulips seem to think it isn't far away. They are up about 5 inches now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 am

We got 6 inches of snow last week, it melted. Today is the first day of spring and it is snowing like crazy. We may get another 6 inches. Boo Hiss.

I am so ready for some nice weather!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 am

Good morning.  The snow has not arrived here yet but they keep saying we are getting it. WHATEVER...sick of hearing the weathermen changing the forecast by the minute.  They keep saying it is going to be the worse March snow fall ever.  Not a flake here yet even though all the weather sites keep saying it is snowing here.

George has a doctor appointment this morning at 8 and we will go no matter what it is doing outside. Come on SPRING...

I went to Applebee's and a movie with my girlfriends yesterday.  We had a blast.  There were 5 of us.  That movie "I Can Only Imagine" was pretty good.  It was really sad. Everyone in the theater was crying.  It's a true story too.  And the guy who wrote the song "I Can Only Imagine" is the main character in the movie.  I love that song.  Trace Adkins is in the movie.  

BEECH: Stay safe if the storm reaches you up North.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:01 pm

We got about 5 inches or so of snow, the wet, heavy, sticky kind.  It has already started melting a little, hopefully that trend will continue...quickly.  I left Daisy, Trinket and Cactus in their stalls today, so I have a mess to clean up again in a little while.  Areion and Ivan are in the barnlot areas, but can get under shelter.  I don't want anyone sliding around.  Daisy's boots are slick, and Ivan is in an anti-Daisy mood and is testing her patience.   That's what got him kicked last year and ruined our summer riding.  He can be a pest at times.

Areion and Ivan discussing the weather.

Our house this morning.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:52 pm

The snow got us too, we only had about 4 inches, but my son who lives not far from here had about 11 inches and he rolled his truck on the ice. affraid  Thanking God for saving him and for sending the angel who helped him get outta the wrecked truck.  He is fine, the truck not doing so good.  Nothing stops a mom's heart so fast like seeing a photo of their child's truck in a ditch.  I was never so glad to see his face when he stopped at the farm this morning with all his limbs attached and in good shape. 

The sun is shining today and the snow is melting quickly.  I am so ready for SPRING!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Trudy, glad ur sin is alright.

Sorry about sniw, itz 83 in az....no ohone service at rv park, tho.

Enjoying warm weather....yesssss.

TKe care if that cold, Ellen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:27 pm

That particular snow missed us completely. It's been rather cold, but bright and sunny.

Trudy, that would just about make your heart stop to see the truck upside down like that. I'm sure your son is sore and feels like the truck ran over him, but sure am glad he's okay.

My cold is better. It isn't all gone, but a lot better today.

I should have gone to the license branch yesterday to renew my plates, but didn't feel like going. So, when I went today I wasn't surprised to see a considerable line. I don't know exactly what the Indiana BMV has done, but they are soooo much more efficient than they used to be. Even with a line of about 25 ahead of me, I was in and out in about 25 minutes. Most of the time, I don't have to wait at all. Not waiting until near the end of the work day would have probably shortened my wait also. I could have erased it by renewing online.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:16 pm

TRUDY:
I am so glad your son is okay. Rolling vehicles don't end well many times....BTW: Sassy was sure a cute cat! That is a nice photo of her.

ELLEN:
Sorry about your cold! I hope it goes away fast. I was so surprised that last time I went to the DMV. I had to take the eye test, so couldn't do it online. I walked right in and didn't wait at all. I was amazed at the speed. I guess so many things being done online has reduced the lines at the offices.

CB:
Where are you now? I thought you were in Idaho. Lucky you to be in warm weather!

My dog, Shadow, learned that horses can hit hard today. He has been tempting fate for some time, running around the horses when they are running or rolling. Areion nailed him today. I thought he might have gotten his leg broken, but it is probably just bruised. His muzzle is swelled on one side and has a little scrape. He is lucky his teeth, or skull, wasn't broken. He is eating and drinking fine, and is walking fine, but has been subdued all day and didn't chase the trucks with trailers going down the road all day. That is his favorite hobby. He runs on the inside of the pasture fence that has the road going beside it. For him not to do it means he didn't feel too well.

The snow is melting off nicely. It should be gone about the time this weekend's snowfall arrives. Predictions are up to 8 inches of snow......sigh..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Sassy Photo from TRUDY!   Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:55 am

TRUDY wrote:

This is my favorite Sassy Cat photo.  She won second place, $50 and a T-shirt from the ASPCA with this photo in the their photo contest.  Sassy's vet was so proud of her, he had the photo on his wall.  She was a Hemingway cat a true Poyldactyl cat.  I miss her.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:21 pm

Sassy is/was a riot. So sorry TRUDY about your son's truck. So thankful e's OK .

Sunny here in AZ, no complaints yet.

God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:28 am

To my darling husband:
Before you return from your overseas trip, I just want to let you know about the small accident I had with the Ford F-150 when I turned into the driveway

Fortunately, it was not too bad, and I really didn't get hurt, so please don't worry too much about me.

I was coming home and when I turned into the driveway I accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake, while I was talking on my cell phone.

The garage door is slightly bent but the Ford F-150 fortunately came to a halt when it bumped into your Ferrari.

I missed our bikes.

I am really sorry, but I know with your kind hearted personality, you will forgive me.

You know how much I love you and care for you, my sweetheart.

I am enclosing a picture for you.

I cannot wait to hold you in my arms again.

Your loving wife. XXOOXXOO!

ATT00186.jpg

PS: Your girlfriend phoned, she is pregnant.

I C&P'd this..............the pic is a Ford F150 sitting on top of a Ferrari in a garage............
both smashed....................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:19 pm

heh heh heh Guess he wasn't too anxious to return home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:15 pm

.well, ARK, I'm wondering if your neighbor has returned to care for her dogs...................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:41 pm

GRAYMARE:
Cute story! ROFL
Yes, my neighbor showed up last Thursday night. Thank goodness. She left with two of her dogs and came back with three, so she now has six. Thankfully I only took care of three of them. Other than seeing her in the driveway when she showed up, I haven't heard or seen her since. Her dogs appear regularly, so I assume she is okay. She is a strange bird....

We had a foot of snow on Saturday and the power failed at 10:30 pm. It was a very heavy, wet snow that broke wires and branches all around our area. We seemed to be in the center of the storm, just a few miles away they barely got any snow at all. Lucky us. We just got our power back today, Tuesday. I am sooooo ready for a hot shower! And for Spring. The snow is melting off fast, thank goodness. With the temps going to be in the 60s the rest of the week, the snow will be a memory soon. Not necessarily a good memory... Rolling Eyes Donnie's 50 foot high amateur radio antenna was damaged when the guy wires pulled down the top part of the mast. He isn't too happy about that. He will have to get someone with a bucket truck to repair it. Our chicken/peacock dome's mesh was damaged, too. We were going to replace the mesh this year anyway, now we definitely will. The dome's structure wasn't damaged, it is very strong. Other than some branches down, we didn't have any other damage.

ELLEN:
I just finished reading a book called "The Sewing Machine" that I bet you would like. It is by Natalie Fergie and was a wonderful story of two Scottish families over 4 generations connected, somehow, by a sewing machine. Good book!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 am

Not much happening here in PA.  The weather is quiet, it is raining a little.

Son is still fighting with the insurance company.  Why is nothing with insurance companies easy?  We make the payments monthly then something happens and it turns into a fight to get anything taken care of.  GGRRRRR

Yes, Sassy was a very special crazy cat.  She terrified all the adult kids and grand kids.  She hated everyone equally except me, she earned her name Sassy for a good reason.  She was pretty but she was deadly.  She was a you can look at me but DO NOT TOUCH me cat.

GRAYMARE:  That was pretty funny.  I can see one of us Foops doing that.  LOL

ARK:  WOW so sorry to hear the snow did so much damage at your place. Poor Shadow got a lesson he will always remember.  Stay away from the big dogs..Thank God he didn't get hurt too bad.  Glad your neighbor finally returned.

Anyone watching Little Big Shots??? Or the Genius Junior show? OMG those kids are so amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:07 pm

That last snow missed us completely. It went south of us. We did get rain yesterday and it's been cloudy and dreary all day. Now the fog is setting in.
The spring is when we are most likely to get the heavy wet snow that sticks to my satellite dish. Then, I have to get out my big squirt gun to try to clear it off. Travis thinks it's fun to do that for me.

I'm glad the woman finally came home to take care of her own dogs.

I always intend to watch Little Big Shots, but forget to watch it. Haven't seen Genius Junior yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2018   

Back to top Go down

MARCH 2018
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next