Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

MAY 2018 !!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 pm

I was just watching Justify being walked back to the barn. He looks calm and comfortable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sat May 19, 2018 8:35 pm

He sure seems to be of sound mind..............
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sun May 20, 2018 12:07 am

ROSE:
I haven't heard back from the Pony Club people yet. I'll let you know what they say....

Today Kumquat and I got up at 5 a.m. to watch the big wedding. We had fun while the rest of the household slept. Sleep Donnie got up at 7 a.m. and saw the ceremony. I liked the entire event, I thought they were very inclusive and their timing to get everything and everyone where they were supposed to be was incredible. I actually liked her dress, I didn't care for Diana's, it was too heavy and poofy looking for me. (Like that mattered, LOL.) I loved Megan's veil. They were so lucky with the weather, the day was perfect.

Donnie and I went to Windsor in 2002 when we also went to Scotland. We stayed in a hotel just down the road from the castle and St. George's Chapel where they held the wedding today. While Donnie went to work for his company one day, I walked to the chapel and had a nice tour. The Queen Mother is buried there in an alcove to the side of the main part of the chapel, she had just died a year or so before our trip. It was a fun trip.

Then later we watched the big race this afternoon. I can't believe we have seen both races this year, we usually miss them. Since it was raining, again, we were inside and got to see it. What a race! I couldn't believe the fog and mud they had to deal with. It's a good thing Justify seems to like running in mud. I think they should hope it rains for the Belmont, it seems lucky for him.

It rained heavily all day yesterday and lightly today. Mud City. I kept the horses in the barn area yesterday, but put flymasks and grazing muzzles on them today. Areion got hers off three times....sigh....Ivan is now keeping his on and Areion is making me run down and put hers back on more than I like. I put fleecy material on the grazing muzzles for both horses to hopefully keep the rubbing on their faces from happening. Ivan's wide cheekbones are rubbing badly. Areion's not so much and Daisy's not at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Sort of a boring day here........cool & nice til about 1P......then hot. No Royal Wedding, no horserace,
sort of boring. We went to church and then had the kids for dinners, grilled steak.

TL & I are going out for lunch tomorrow. Some of our friends went today after church, it's always crowded right after church.We have other errands so that will work out well.

I was really tired yesterday after getting up for the wedding........LOL.

Everyone have a good evening. God bless. Prayers for ALL.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cb

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sun May 20, 2018 11:48 pm

I havnt seen it rain in may like this in all the years ive luved here, off and on since 83. Thunder, lightning, rain....maybe H should build an ark... tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Mon May 21, 2018 2:58 pm

It's gloomy here today too. It rains every now and then. If the weather man knows what he's talking about, it should get better by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Mon May 21, 2018 11:48 pm

Rain here, too....daily.  We may be getting three dry days on Weds-Saturday.  Donnie hopes to cut our upper field and get that hay done.  It's tall and ready to be mowed. I hope it works out.

I ran across a nice photo of the race last Saturday that I thought you'd enjoy:

Justify winning in the fog.

I gave blood today. I feel like I am a pint low... They did a good job, got it in one stab.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Tue May 22, 2018 6:15 am

More rain here too. I'm thinking about getting supplies for building an Ark. LOL One nice day and back to the pouring rain. GGRRRRRRR

My accident waiting to happen son had yet another car incident. A bird flew into the windshield of the rental Jeep he is driving while his car and truck are getting fixed. That's 3 in less than 3 months. Praying his bad luck stops soon. It's wearing him and me down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Tue May 22, 2018 6:08 pm

Good grief TRUDY, hope your son is doing well. I don't have anything to say other than
prayers for him. Hope your weather improves.

ARK, great photo of Justify. Naturally, I hope he can win the triple crown.............
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Better weather is heading your way, Trudy. Your son has had 3 incidences now, so if the superstition about threes is right, he should be good to go for a while. Somebody is looking out for him, because he hasn't been badly hurt.

Today has been rather overcast, but warm. I'm seeing some blue sky now.

I will be glued to the nearest TV for the Belmont. It was so great to have a Triple Crown winner three years ago, and it would be neat to have another one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Wed May 23, 2018 12:22 am

Sunshine for awhile and then storm blew in with rain, wind, lightning and thunder....dampness galore...ugh....its been humid here too when the sun is out.

That horse has a great stride.

Trudy, your son needs bubble wrap, i swear. Glad hes alright. Harry had a pheasant jump into his passenger window once on his semi cab....scared the dickens right out of him. Smashed right thru the window.
We are still cleaning windows, tracks, mowing, cleaning dead branches out of the trees, i had to mop and mop the floors to get the waxy stuff off them...ugh....i washed every wall and doors in the house. Its almost ready for someone rich to plunk down money and buy it, we tried to sell it on our own, finally went with agent we bought it thru. Been busy, fall into bed exhausted every night....be glad when things are all done...and we can sut and relax.
Jessi made master sgt rank\air force in 12 years....took her dad almist 18 years. Shes a go getter kid! Both she and her hubby are masters now. They are very competitive. I hate they are going to alaska, wont get to see the girls as much. Dwat...that and old age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Thu May 24, 2018 12:24 am

TRUDY:
 Wow.  Your son needs to carry a four leaf clover or something. Sheesh, his driving life is too exciting.  He sounds like he is having a time like we did when all those trucks hit our house, truck, tree, and mailbox. We felt like we had a target painted on us.

CB:
 Congrats to your daughter on her promotion!! wavy   When is she moving to Alaska?

ELLEN:
 Did you get your dock installed?  It was very warm here today, it would have been a nice day to float around.

I rode Ivan briefly, then Areion for about an hour or longer today.  Lori gave us all lessons.  Areion and I did much better, she was either out of heat, or burning up in the hot sun and lazy today.  We didn't have any problems.  She really is fun to ride when we are both on the same page.  Lori rode Ivan while I rode Areion, so he got a better lesson than normally.  It was good for us all.  Donnie took pix while taking a break from fluffing up the upper hayfield.  We may bale it on Friday.  

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Thu May 24, 2018 10:14 am

Nope. No dock yet, but I am assured it will happen this weekend, along with the jet ski being launched and ready to go. It's going to be a nice weekend to have both.

Areion looks really good, and you look good on her. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Thu May 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Great pic ARK...........Hope your hay dries.

Hope you get your dock in ELLEN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cb

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Fri May 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Whats everyone doing for the big weekend? We are going to flea market\farmers market in the morning, then back home.
Saturday we may take a drive to check out a campground as jessi and family will be staying ivernight in the area, so we can spend time with them. They will be here on 12th, 13th june, and then going to alaska, sniff.
We are still mowing here, mostly weeds now, and filling in more holes now too. Its on the market, but we will keep fixing lil things. Hauled off trash, picked up trash....dont know how one person living here majority if the time could make the mess she made. Master carpet gets put down tuesday, we have appt for truck to get serviced weds....what a life, huh. Id rather be riding. Enjoy your rides gals that are still riding. I certainly miss my guys.
Hot today, suppose to be a bit cooler over weekend and next week, will be nice.
If anyone is traveling, be safe and ty to our veterans!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sat May 26, 2018 12:18 am

We are just staying home this week end. Going to friend's dad's birthday party..........he's 100,
still mobile, and has his marbles.............still feeds horses at night.

Just chilling with our friends...............

Hope everyone has a good week end.............remember it's Memorial Day and remember those who died for our freedom.

God bless, prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am

Donnie and I spent the afternoon moving 69 haybales from the upper field to the loft of the barn. Other than it being incredibly hot, about 90 degrees, I actually enjoyed doing it with him. We would gather up 14 bales at a time in our former manure trailer (now retired since we compost it), take them to the barn, then Donnie would load two bales at a time into the tractor's bucket and lift it up to the barn loft door. I grabbed the bales, rolled them the length of the loft, and stacked them up. Both upper and lower fields are now done for a couple of months and we have plenty of good hay. It didn't rain, that comes tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday. We did the first cutting earlier than usual, so it wasn't as big, but the growth should come in the next cutting.

Soooo, we will be staying home most of the holiday, resting up from our exercise and sunburn. We might go see the Hans Solo movie sometime this weekend. That's about it.

ROSE:
This is what Lori and I have heard from the adult Pony Club people so far:

"National dues are $155, Club dues are $60 and regional dues are $25, and we do a lot of fundraising to cover the cost of lessons, provide a very inexpensive camp (which is currently full for this year), and provide additional funding for members to help cover costs of rallying, champs, and upper-level clinics and ratings. The fundraising is primarily our 3 "Frolic" Shows each year (Combined Test, Dressage, and XC Clinics). So we do expect everyone to volunteer at those as much as possible. During Mounted Meetings and Ratings, we also expect participants or someone who comes with them, to be jump crew or other help as needed. "

Me again: I am not sure we will do it. It is in Roanoke, 50 miles from my house, and seems like a lot of traveling and money for them without a lot of benefit for us. I will think on it....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sat May 26, 2018 12:45 am

One of my younger cousins is graduating this weekend, and we are all going to a party for her.
We aren't doing much else.

Ark, that sounds a lot like the kids pony club, except that we didn't do any fund raising. That was 40 years ago, so it's probably a lot different now.
I'm sure it feels really good to have that first cutting in the barn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sat May 26, 2018 11:48 am

Tis raining "here" and started about 9:15 this morning ... it is from the rain that ARK mentioned above.

Have a blessed / SAFE holiday weekend and remember / reflect on the true purpose of the holiday. Also try not to dwell on the continuing debacle in our nations capitol.

Love to all ... Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Sun May 27, 2018 7:03 am

Going to a chicken BBQ at our friends today.  It's raining again.  Oh well..we have learned to do things rain or no rain since it's raining every other day.

I went to Sight & Sound in Lancaster with my church group.  65 of us old duffers (over 55) climbed onto church vans and a big bus and made the trip to the play Jesus.  OMG it was amazing, what a place.  They had live animals in the play horses, donkeys, camels, goats, pigs, birds, dogs & cats.  They let the animals loose and they ran right thru the audience.  Never missed a beat or touched a person.  The place is huge.  Picture 3 horses, a regimen of Roman Soldiers and the rocks that made His tomb on a stage.  3 huge crosses for the crucifixion scene and a Angel who flew down and rolled the stone away. WOW it was impressive.

Having a Memorial Day program at church today, we took our MIA POW table and flags over and set them up at church.  Remember the fallen today, the ones who gave it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Mon May 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Keep the memories alive................

Everyone have a good day. Stay safe.

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Mon May 28, 2018 1:27 pm

I just arrived home after visiting with relatives for the weekend. One of the cousin had a daughter graduating from high school on Saturday. We all went to the party for her yesterday. Can you say HOT!!! Hot and humid! But we had some good gabbing and catching up.
I came home to more HOT, but that's good for lake activities. The water has warmed up quite a bit for the swimmers, and the lake is full of boats, pontoons, kayaks, and other water toys. About 4:00 this afternoon, the place will die when everybody goes home.
The girl who graduated and her girlfriend are coming up to spend a couple of days..... the first big getaway trip on their own. I will feed them a meal or two a day, but other than that, I will not be babysitting. They can do what they want. I'm not concerned that they will get into mischief since she is not a kid to do that kind of thing.

I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day, remembering who has made it possible for us to do all the holiday activities in freedom.
(I wish we had an American Flag emoticon.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Mon May 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Instead of having the small parade today to the cemetary, it was on friday so everyone could go camping. I feel nothing is sacred anymore.
Thankyou to all service members, and our fallen veterans who made our freedom possible. We honor you today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Mon May 28, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm with you, CB..........the American way has fallen down...............It's very sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Tue May 29, 2018 10:11 am

Not all flags have fallen. I can count 13 from where I sit. Almost everybody around the lake has a flag flying. Some of us still value the flag. Sadly, it's mostly us older people who remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   Tue May 29, 2018 1:09 pm

YES, ELLEN, it's by far generational.............We still have a flag at the front of our house and we have 11 flags in our neighborhood...........But, that said, we have big flags for Memorial Day on entrances to subdivisions placed by Boy Scouts. On holidays we have lots of flags.

But, our town is conservative. The next towns over are liberal with no flags. Our town is now very different than 34 yrs ago when we came here.

I'm blessed to have our neighborhood
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAY 2018 !!!   

Back to top Go down

MAY 2018 !!!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next